Topic Stats

• 10,511 posts
  • 557 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by apinballwiz
  • Topic is favorited by 253 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,424 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6F805F78-5374-4296-BB2A-9C76C00B141E (resized).jpeg
2FB562F8-3E26-48B4-AE9D-AA54109AF560 (resized).png
7CB00E97-64FA-4617-BF90-F39969662F47 (resized).jpeg
20200529_192046 (resized).jpg
20200529_192139 (resized).jpg
A23EFB32-5508-4E35-A9D9-5522407597EE (resized).jpeg
A77FCD63-6AA9-432D-AC48-778438CAF5C2 (resized).jpeg
C3F2D12F-792F-4F3A-B6D7-16353FA1169A (resized).jpeg
20200528_205525 (resized).jpg
13B3AAC4-F5F8-49BD-A519-8C2915B24FAB (resized).jpeg
66DDA1A2-D052-4C1D-9EAD-DE1A0864C9A1 (resized).jpeg
91FE3651-BD02-4610-A950-815B82A3A3F8 (resized).jpeg
20200525_132917 (resized).jpg
5F0CA0EB-BA75-4167-BBD6-52E2EE424E09 (resized).jpeg
36266128-1D1F-4F6A-83A3-5AFC90B5B39C (resized).jpeg
5F9AFFBA-A515-4D93-8923-D29C8C388D76 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10511 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 211.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

WOZ newbie question. Is the upper right flipper supposed to kind of rapid fire if you hold the right flipper button down?

No. Please push the connectors to the coil lug on tighter.

LTG : )™

#352 5 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

Discovered something new tonight, so I'll share:
On the skill shots:
Crystal Ball target is worth 10000 points, and it also lights all B-A-L-L letters when you hit it.

Is this true? Can you do a short plunge, catch the ball on the lower right flipper and then hit an XB standup to get the skill shot and light all 4?

#353 5 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

Also, has anybody figured out anything for haunted multiball? I got it going, but was not clear on what I should be shooting for

I have not taken the glass off to confirm. but I go straight for HMB and have been there dozens of times so I think this is how it works.

collecting haunted mode when all 4 have been collected immediately starts haunted multiball and shoots two additional balls into play. It can be started any time the mode could have been. You also get a SHORT ball save - maybe 3 seconds, much less than ECMB or Rescue MB grants.

The scoring is like a souped up Haunted Bumpers. All bumper hits (I think including slingshots and the outlane bumper) score massive points and add a H-A-U-N-T-E-D letter. Once HAUNTED is completed squeeze a ball into the HAUNTED collect path to score a jackpot equal to the number of points you've collected this way so far (jackpot and H-A-U-N-T-E-D letters then reset).

The amount of points you can get out of this is frankly nuts to the point that I think it'll have to be toned down someday. Even if you're bad like me you can get a million point game just by focusing on and timing out haunted modes, starting haunted multiball close to a ECMB lit and crystal ball MB lit, use those ball saves to get all 5 in play and flail around for the forest area.

You can't do the hold both flippers disable the pops trick in HMB to guide a ball into the jackpot area, unfortunately. I enthusiastically advocate for this - this feature in collecting modes is the best thing to ever happen to pop bumpers and needs to be part of Haunted Multiball, and will probably start begging Keefer for it in public if it's not in the next update. If you could, you would definitely need to adjust down the scoring.

Naturally I'll feel real silly if this has already been discussed on the owners group

#354 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

So this has me wondering - does just dry-firing the flippers really wear them much, vs a flipper hitting a ball..... I would think allot more force works against the coil sleeve (and entire flipper mech) when a ball is actually hit.

It probably doesn't make that much difference but dry-firing a flipper is more likely to flatten out the coil stop, which can cause the flippers to chatter, introduce debris into the coil sleeve and eventual failure.

Any time the flippers are activated those moving parts are being worn out. The more they are activated the more likely they can break down. Considering the ball is only used by the upper playfield probably 1/100th+ of the time, not having a "disable upper playfield flippers when not in use" feature makes the game 100+ times less reliable. Who wants to put a game on location where things are moving around unnecessarily when doing so doesn't really add to the gameplay, but makes it more likely something will break and people will complain?

#355 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

It probably doesn't make that much difference but dry-firing a flipper is more likely to flatten out the coil stop, which can cause the flippers to chatter, introduce debris into the coil sleeve and eventual failure.
Any time the flippers are activated those moving parts are being worn out. The more they are activated the more likely they can break down. Considering the ball is only used by the upper playfield probably 1/100th+ of the time, not having a "disable upper playfield flippers when not in use" feature makes the game 100+ times less reliable. Who wants to put a game on location where things are moving around unnecessarily when doing so doesn't really add to the gameplay, but makes it more likely something will break and people will complain?

This has been talked about many times. Keith has stated that he won't change this in the software. He has his reasons, but can't remember why. You can probably search for it and find his reasoning.

#356 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Is this true? Can you do a short plunge, catch the ball on the lower right flipper and then hit an XB standup to get the skill shot and light all 4?

You have to hit the lit B-A-L-L target for the skill shot. It's both a difficult and very risky shot.

#357 5 years ago
Quoted from generica:

The scoring is like a souped up Haunted Bumpers. All bumper hits (I think including slingshots and the outlane bumper) score massive points and add a H-A-U-N-T-E-D letter. Once HAUNTED is completed squeeze a ball into the HAUNTED collect path to score a jackpot equal to the number of points you've collected this way so far (jackpot and H-A-U-N-T-E-D letters then reset).
The amount of points you can get out of this is frankly nuts to the point that I think it'll have to be toned down someday. Even if you're bad like me you can get a million point game just by focusing on and timing out haunted modes, starting haunted multiball close to a ECMB lit and crystal ball MB lit, use those ball saves to get all 5 in play and flail around for the forest area.

Thanks, that certainly explains why my score went up so much on that particular game.

#358 5 years ago

The last few posts made me look at hmb again, and I did find a most unfortunate scoring setup bug. That'll get in the next release.

The gist is every category of scoring (shots, bumpers, targets, holes) scored 1000 instead of what it was supposed to, which is the value you had when you played the round leading up to the current hmb.

#359 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The last few posts made me look at hmb again, and I did find a most unfortunate scoring setup bug. That'll get in the next release.
The gist is every category of scoring (shots, bumpers, targets, holes) scored 1000 instead of what it was supposed to, which is the value you had when you played the round leading up to the current hmb.

Oh damn the jig is up. No more million plus games for me. I need all the help I can get even if it's a bug.

#360 5 years ago

Really looking forward to the update now! haunted mode totals being part of hmb scoring is going to be awesome.

#361 5 years ago

Hey, since this is a WOZ Fan club,,, I thought I'd shoot some info out there as well..... (since I just posted in the WOZ haters club)... but this is one that must be shared.

I own the game. It is good. I had a part that went out. This company replaced it within 3 days!,

I am sold.

I will definitely buy another game from this company.... whomever it is. Great Service!

This is why I purchased products from ANY company. Otherwise I would have just gone down to Wal-Mart and picked up my pinball machine. (not knockin' Wal-Mart)... well maybe... but you got to know their slogan is 'Great Prices' not 'Great Service'.....

This company has great service. For me at least. Very Happy!...

.... silly isn't it... I'm preaching to the choir... I should probably post this in the WOZ haters club.....

#362 5 years ago

Some news on the next update.

A user on the JJP Google Group (can't confirm if staff, user name I didn't recognize, I assume so) posted this today about the next WOZ update.

"In a few days we will have it to test, then unless there are any issues it will be released shortly thereafter. That's the latest I've heard. "

#363 5 years ago

Well, this will be my first post in this thread. Why? Because my first ever NIB is sitting in the back of the Suburban. My WOZ was picked up today. Standard with shaker and invisaglass. To say I'm excited is an understatement. My distributer said a new update is a week or two away. I know this has been asked before but what should be done right away? Cliffys, of course, anything else?
BTW, until my son gets home the 350 pound box stays in the truck. Damn.

#364 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Well, this will be my first post in this thread. Why? Because my first ever NIB is sitting in the back of the Suburban. My WOZ was picked up today. Standard with shaker and invisaglass. To say I'm excited is an understatement. My distributer said a new update is a week or two away. I know this has been asked before but what should be done right away? Cliffys, of course, anything else?

Just get it inside and play it..........

#365 5 years ago

I had something unusual happen today.. I had extra ball lit and then started ECMB and apparently never got an EB even though I shot the throne several times. I wasn't keeping track of exactly what happened though because it was a particularly good game. Does EB not carry over to subsequent balls? I noticed on my next ball, I didn't have an extra ball and EB was no longer lit.

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Put some fender washers underneath the slingshot plastics before you play any games. I broke the slingshot plastics the first 10 minutes of playing the game.

#367 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I know this has been asked before but what should be done right away?

I would open it up, check over the insides for any connectors or anything that could have come loose. Look over the playfield underside, front inside of coin door area, back of metal box where the boards are. Things like that.

Set it in place, set the playfield pitch and level. Clean the balls and install.

Power up, marvel at it a second. Then open the coin door and hit the black enter button once, glance at the lower right area of the screen for what ever revision is in the game. 3.0 is the latest.

Then start playing. As you enjoy the game, you can tweak just about everything in it, coil settings, pricing, difficulties, etc. etc.

Time of your life, have a great day. If you have a question during this, give me a call at the tech support phone number. I'm there noon to midnight everyday.

PM me for info on updating the game, calibrating Dorthy's house, etc.

#368 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I would open it up, check over the insides for any connectors or anything that could have come loose. Look over the playfield underside, front inside of coin door area, back of metal box where the boards are. Things like that.
Set it in place, set the playfield pitch and level. Clean the balls and install.
Power up, marvel at it a second. Then open the coin door and hit the black enter button once, glance at the lower right area of the screen for what ever revision is in the game. 3.0 is the latest.
Then start playing. As you enjoy the game, you can tweak just about everything in it, coil settings, pricing, difficulties, etc. etc.
Time of your life, have a great day. If you have a question during this, give me a call at the tech support phone number. I'm there noon to midnight everyday.
PM me for info on updating the game, calibrating Dorthy's house, etc.

I'll say it,

Customer service CAN"T get any better than this ^^^^^^^

Noon to midnight everyday ........ your union rep. is not gonna be happy : ))

#369 5 years ago

I agree LTG and those at JJP in Jersey thanks for being behind and stepping up to the product (s) you produce. It really does speak volumes on the people you strive to be. Cheers

#370 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Congrats and welcome to the club! That box is a BEAST but well worth it once you get it setup. I was lucky that my neighbor happened to be home when the delivery truck came.

#371 5 years ago

Lloyd's advice is good. I would also recommend the cliffy protector for the edge of the right mini-playfield. I would NOT install the metal rings around the rollovers. Besides the lack of any wear issues around the buttons, these protectors cover some artwork and look ugly, and I've read they can also cause damage if you ever try to remove them.

You might consider a lighting kit as well. Even in moderate room lighting, the central playfield around the flipper sis really dark. (Unless they have changed this recently.) The lighting kit I put in mine (3 double spots, a strip under the apron and one under the backbox) made a huge difference in playability.

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I agree LTG and those at JJP in Jersey thanks for being behind and stepping up to the product (s) you produce. It really does speak volumes on the people you strive to be. Cheers

What He Said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I completely agree. Great company, Great Product.

#373 5 years ago

What's everybody's optimal pitch level?

#374 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Congrats, and welcome to the club!!!....Lloyd's recommendations are spot on, as always.....no way to make the box lighter, sadly .....don't forget to call and get on the owners forum, as well.....enjoy, enjoy!!!....mark

#375 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I confess...I put the back as high as she goes and the front as low......got just above 6.5 degrees on my floor ( measured on the playfield, of course) ...side to side is pretty key on this machine as well ( similar to TZ in that regards)...absolute level.

Don't know if that's to much tilt or not, but I like it....

#376 5 years ago

I bought the 75th Anniversary WOZ DVD box set and was watching the movie again and noticed that there is a difference in the video in the game from what was shown in the movie. In the game, during the Capture Dorothy sequence the Winged Monkeys pick up Dorothy and fly her off from screen right to screen left. In the movie the monkey's all fly screen left to right.

At first I thought that was odd, but in the game the castle playfield is on the left side and it makes sense for them to fly her off toward the castle. I don't know for sure if that's why it's the way it is, but it would really show great attention to detail to do it that way.

I attached some pics. Sorry they are not the best, not the easiest thing to capture.

PS: Double flipping to cancel the screen animation for this sequence only ends the animation, it doesn't really speed anything up since the Monkey has to fully return before the next ball is served. It would be nice to kick out the ball right away it would seem to me. No matter, love the game and glad to be in the club.

IMAG0396.jpg

IMAG0401.jpg

IMAG0403.jpg

Post edited by danisme: left out a word

#377 5 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

I bought the 75th Anniversary WOZ DVD box set and was watching the movie again and noticed that there is a difference in the video in the game from what was shown in the movie.

Very good observation.....

Now, for me, I just noticed that capturing a ball. (Ball Lock), that the video shows the 1st ball being locked, is different than the second,,, and even more different on the third.

I suppose I am a little slow..... but just noticed this the other day.

I am sure I don't pay attention as much as others, I will have to watch the movie again but when I downloaded it and tried to watch it on my TV,,, my TV freaked out about some 1939 copyright.... and would not display the show.

Whoops, I mean...

I just couldn't figure out the play button.

#378 5 years ago

Is there a trick to get the audio( headphone) jack to work? Should the regular audio shut off? Sorry for the questions but my laptop doesn't have a disc drive for the manual. ( I didn't even realize it till I tried to put it in.) My son says i'm living in the 90's.

#380 5 years ago

Yup! Vote WOZ in 2014!

#381 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Is there a trick to get the audio( headphone) jack to work? Should the regular audio shut off? Sorry for the questions but my laptop doesn't have a disc drive for the manual. ( I didn't even realize it till I tried to put it in.) My son says i'm living in the 90's.

You need the game's master volume set loud enough and/or very efficient ear/headphones for the audio. There's a separate mute button below the headphone volume buttons to turn the main speakers on and off.

1 week later
#382 5 years ago

Question about Munchkin modes order.

I was playing earlier today and made the loops to start. but I got Munchkin Frenzy.. I was under the impression that it went in order and should have started "welcome to Munchkinland"... either that or I just had a mental lapse.

How does it work?

#383 5 years ago

Munchkin modes are randomly awarded, like haunted modes. The fourth is multiball.

#384 5 years ago
Quoted from generica:

Munchkin modes are randomly awarded, like haunted modes. The fourth is multiball.

ok, i got it. so the next question. do i have to "win" a mode to advance to the next one? or if i spell rainbow and spin the house 3 times, the 4 time i will get MB?

#385 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

ok, i got it. so the next question. do i have to "win" a mode to advance to the next one? or if i spell rainbow and spin the house 3 times, the 4 time i will get MB?

Yeah (spin it enough and yes). But the difficulty goes up by default. So the second needs more loops, and the third still more. I usually fall apart before the third and have not made it to the multiball yet.

#386 5 years ago

Ok Guys - question for ya..... I like my games set up easy, and I've gotten to the final frontier plenty, battle for the kingdom 2x, lost in the zone once I think (most games were set up pretty generous with ballsaver, extra balls, and whatever else)..... I've seen how deep WOZ is playing it on location, but can it be set to hand out tons of extra balls, modes made easy, long ballsaves and whatever else to give a ok player a shot at SOTR? Or does it take a true pro to get there? Thanks!

#387 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Shrill.

#388 5 years ago

Ok Guys - question for ya..... I like my games set up easy, and I've gotten to the final frontier plenty, battle for the kingdom 2x, lost in the zone once I think (most games were set up pretty generous with ballsaver, extra balls, and whatever else)..... I've seen how deep WOZ is playing it on location, but can it be set to hand out tons of extra balls, modes made easy, long ballsaves and whatever else to give a ok player a shot at SOTR? Or does it take a true pro to get there? Thanks!

Mate, its that hard, some people would have trouble getting SOTR with the glass off.

#389 5 years ago

I had to break down and have extra balls handed out at different levels, the game is hard. I wont move any of my outlane posts in though, makes it a bit too easy, well maybe not easy but long ball times. I moved the left one in and had my highest score ever right after, i noticed it rarely drained out the left after that so i moved it back to factory setting. I still havent found the right mix where it is a bit easier so i see more without making it too easy. Maybe easy is not the right word here...., too long of ball times.

#390 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Yeah (spin it enough and yes). But the difficulty goes up by default. So the second needs more loops, and the third still more. I usually fall apart before the third and have not made it to the multiball yet.

I hear ya. Same here, lol.

#391 5 years ago

Thinking about it, you could probably set it up pretty easy. Close the outlanes (they are pigs). The cool part about WOZ is how many different configuration options there are. By default it is a really tough game. But you can control every coil... Pops to harsh? Tone them down. Slings too crazy, lower the coil settings. The objectives can also be tweaked so things like Munchkin Multiball and Emerald City Multiball are a lot easier to get.

As for extra balls and ball savers, yes you can. Lots of them. I never checked how long the ball saver can go, but eaxtra balls can be score based. I think 4 of them. The only thing I don't think you can really get by is the Mega Jackpot of Rescue Multiball. That's the really tough one. I've melted the witch a few times, but I'm not even close to the Mega in Rescue.

The number of options gets pretty crazy.

image-829.jpg

#392 5 years ago

I saw the setting for YBR loops to light the extra ball @ the thrown room, but where do you set EB's to be point based? I should probably just go look but if someone off the top of their head knows feel free to chime in.

#393 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I saw the setting for YBR loops to light the extra ball @ the thrown room, but where do you set EB's to be point based? I should probably just go look but if someone off the top of their head knows feel free to chime in.

Settings / System Settings / and then scroll down to the Score Awards section. You can set 4 of them.

image-75.jpg

#394 5 years ago

Excellent, thanks!

#395 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I had to break down and have extra balls handed out at different levels, the game is hard. I wont move any of my outlane posts in though, makes it a bit too easy, well maybe not easy but long ball times. I moved the left one in and had my highest score ever right after, i noticed it rarely drained out the left after that so i moved it back to factory setting. I still havent found the right mix where it is a bit easier so i see more without making it too easy. Maybe easy is not the right word here...., too long of ball times.

I moved my outlanes in and honestly didn't notice any difference in the # of left drains at all, still get too many!!

#396 5 years ago

Has anyone done a game setting for easy/medium/hard play.......... what are the best set ups?

#397 5 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Has anyone done a game setting for easy/medium/hard play.......... what are the best set ups?

If you're talking about software settings (presets), those are (finally) included in 4.0.

#398 5 years ago

If you're talking about software settings (presets), those are (finally) included in 4.0.

Coming soon to a download page near you!

#399 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I moved my outlanes in and honestly didn't notice any difference in the # of left drains at all, still get too many!!

Really? I wasn't getting really any drains out the left after moving it in, and it was way too easy to save the ball if it was actually heading out that left lane. I thought about moving the right one in, but then that's about as far as I get. I can't bring myself to move them in, I couldn't do it on my HS2 either even though I'd think about it at times. I guess I enjoy the punishment lol

#400 5 years ago

I'm sure you guys are spot on with the factory pre sets.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 10511 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside