image (resized).jpg
767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 306.
#3901 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Seems like the correct part and they have it listed as 19-3016-00?

Correct part and cheap. That is about the price of the LED strip with out connector and the acrylic head.

LTG : )

#3902 6 years ago

Done! You guys were absolutely right. Beautiful voltage to the connector. Must be the LED strip. I did buy NIB just a month ago so I'll contact them tomorrow. Thanks again. Larry

#3903 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Correct part and cheap.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Definitely cheap for the part...but shipping is $13.

Any other spare parts that are recommended to have on hand and I should order at the same time?

#3904 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Thanks for the confirmation.
Definitely cheap for the part...but shipping is $13.
Any other spare parts that are recommended to have on hand and I should order at the same time?

Maybe add some merch? The Dialed In shirts are nice.

#3905 6 years ago

Get them to send spare fuses while you're at it

#3906 6 years ago

I had the throne room strip go out too. Simple part, unsolder 2 wires, resolder, adhesive backed strip.

#3907 6 years ago

I always thought there should be something there, so I came up with this.

IMG_5012 (resized).JPGIMG_5012 (resized).JPG
IMG_5022 (resized).JPGIMG_5022 (resized).JPG

#3908 6 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I had the throne room strip go out too. Simple part, unsolder 2 wires, resolder, adhesive backed strip.

Solder?

Mine has a plug.

#3909 6 years ago
Quoted from 1quartershort:

I put the pinballbulbs three tower kit with the apron led strip and backboard strip in mine as well. It was the later all 12v version without the original little voltage stepdown box. The original set used 6v bulbs. The 12v system is way too bright for my tastes as well. When I asked about it they just said, take out some of the bulbs..bah.. Anyway, I ordered a bunch of bulbs from comet, with various brightness and color. Used one of the lights in the pinballbulbs kit but changed all the rest and the factory JJP bulbs. Very happy with the results. Can play in a fully lit to fully dark room and it is great. Try a couple of OP Max sunlights for the middle of the field, (2) 1 COB ambers pointing toward the witches nose, a 8smd purple on the castle spot, 8 smd purple from the throne room area spot pointed to the forest, a 9 smd purple right next the forest pointing to the forest as well. Then you can use the pinballbulb provided lights to light Dorothy's house from the JJP spot. Then you can go into Settings, System and put the led brightness at "lower" and that should look pretty good. The mid field will be bright enough to see the ball well, the castle and forest will be cool and gloomy, the flipper area will have a nice glow and you will be able to see the ball well on the munchkin playfield. Also I painted the chrome light housings black on the exterior so they look factory. Good luck.

The kits are 2 singles and only 1 double spotlight now instead of 2 doubles. That reduced it quite a bit. Our new 12v spotlight bulbs are so insane, I personally love them. Definitely have to be pointed away from player, thats why we upgraded to the black domes now for those since they are a bit longer. We got those same 12v spotlight MOAB Leds in 6volt now too lol

#3910 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I always thought there should be something there, so I came up with this.

That's awesome!

#3911 6 years ago

Thanks again guys. Got the part yesterday and he's looking good-n-green again! Appreciate the help.

IMG_9336 (resized).JPGIMG_9336 (resized).JPG

#3912 6 years ago

I'm working on modding my haunted forest trees and am wondering where I should grab power for the LED eyes? I noticed the wozmods version comes with its own power source. I'm guessing I can just tap into the 7.5v GI/LED via one of the nearby boards. I probably just answered my own question but if anyone has any other advice/experience let me know.

#3913 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I'm working on modding my haunted forest trees and am wondering where I should grab power for the LED eyes? I noticed the wozmods version comes with its own power source. I'm guessing I can just tap into the 7.5v GI/LED via one of the nearby boards. I probably just answered my own question but if anyone has any other advice/experience let me know.

I'm not sure but I believe most mods stay away from the rgb's and pick up power from the coin door, spotlight, or topper power.

#3914 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I would not tap/splice into any 7.5V lines. I would however get a 12V splitter and go from the 12V line for trees.

IMG_4731 (resized).JPGIMG_4731 (resized).JPG

IMG_4732 (resized).JPGIMG_4732 (resized).JPG

#3915 6 years ago

The trees do look fantastic but I can't decide on a kit or going the diy route. How did you do those?

#3916 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

The trees do look fantastic but I can't decide on a kit or going the diy route. How did you do those?

DIY drilled eyes glued in 12V leds added a pattern led changer for flicker affect

#3917 6 years ago

I think the LEDs I'm using are 6v. They light up fine with a 9v battery, would the 12v from the cabinet be okay too? I guess they'd just run brighter and maybe burn out sooner...

Thanks for steering me away from getting power from the main LED loop, I don't want to stress the already stressed LED boards.

#3918 6 years ago

If they are 6v LED's they would probably only last 5 minutes or so and might overheat in the process possibly damaing the rubber trees.

I would simply check them and buy 12v leds if need be.

Besides, you probably don't want them too bright anyway... i think a subtle dull glow would be more dramatic.

#3919 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I think the LEDs I'm using are 6v. They light up fine with a 9v battery, would the 12v from the cabinet be okay too? I guess they'd just run brighter and maybe burn out sooner...
Thanks for steering me away from getting power from the main LED loop, I don't want to stress the already stressed LED boards.

Good thing eyes come in pairs!
You can wire both 6V LED in series into your 12V supply, & each LED will see 6V.

Overvolting LEDs often leads to really short life.

-Jason

#3920 6 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Good thing eyes come in pairs!
You can wire both 6V LED in series into your 12V supply, & each LED will see 6V.
Overvolting LEDs often leads to really short life.
-Jason

I'll remember this tip for the future! I checked my old receipts and saw that the LEDs I'm using are indeed 12V so there should be no problems.

#3921 6 years ago

Are there any known tweaks to improve the consistency of making the ramp shot?

Do others get frustrated with the ramp, especially from the right flipper?

I'm open to any suggestions other than improve my aim. I can make the shot, but rejects are more common.

#3922 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I'm open to any suggestions other than improve my aim. I can make the shot, but rejects are more common.

Periodically clean the ramp with novus 1.
The ball will slide on the ramp walls a bit and reject less frequently.
Other than that, figure out where the ball has to be on the flipper to make the ramp easily. Put a small dot in that location on the flipper with a sharpie marker.

I did this for my wife and she has moved the mark several times while learning, it helped her a lot.
Now she has cleaned off all the marks (3 years later) and says they are a distraction.

Finding the sweet spot is one of the joys of pinball and part of the mastery of each title. Its very much like a musical instrument, after awhile you just "know" where the notes are.

#3923 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Periodically clean the ramp with novus 1.
The ball will slide on the ramp walls a bit and reject less frequently.
Other than that, figure out where the ball has to be on the flipper to make the ramp easily. Put a small dot in that location on the flipper with a sharpie marker.
I did this for my wife and she has moved the mark several times while learning, it helped her a lot.
Now she has cleaned off all the marks (3 years later) and says they are a distraction.
Finding the sweet spot is one of the joys of pinball and part of the mastery of each title. Its very much like a musical instrument, after awhile you just "know" where the notes are.

I'll give novus a try. The shot is doable, but I feel it should be more reliable.

If I have too much flipper power, the rejects increase. Too low, and there's not enough strength to go up to playfield.

It's most consistent from a cradle, but I'd like to tweak it so the shot was more common on the fly. There's something that just seems slightly design deficient.

#3924 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I'll give novus a try. The shot is doable, but I feel it should be more reliable.
If I have too much flipper power, the rejects increase. Too low, and there's not enough strength to go up to playfield.
It's most consistent from a cradle, but I'd like to tweak it so the shot was more common on the fly. There's something that just seems slightly design deficient.

Check that the flipper is exactly in line with the outlane guide, use a steel ruler.
Extremely small changes in flipper angles have a huge effect on game play.
I was using the hole to adjust the flippers but its off about 3/64" from where it plays best on my game.

#3925 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Check that the flipper is exactly in line with the outlane guide, use a steel ruler.
Extremely small changes in flipper angles have a huge effect on game play.
I was using the hole to adjust the flippers but its off about 3/64" from where it plays best on my game.

I'll look at the flipper angle too. I appreciate the suggestions.

#3926 6 years ago

Can a WOZ owner with the 12V 27" monitor snap me a couple of pics of the sides of how it is mounted and where the power is derived from? Thank you in advance

#3927 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Have you adjusted your flipper power?

#3928 6 years ago

UUUUGH! I need a drink

IMG_5105 (resized).JPGIMG_5105 (resized).JPG

#3929 6 years ago

Anyone think it's worth it to replace perfectly working, but unbufered 7.5v light boards with the new 2.0 boards? Cost is probably $800-$1k but wondering in the long run if it would be worth it?

My WOZ ECLE was made late Oct 2013 and has 7.5v unbufered light boards, not the original 5v boards. I haven't had any issues with them at all.

I've considered replacing the game with a Ruby Red but don't want to give up the collectiblity factor of the ECLE, prefer the look of the ECLE, like the clear coated apron and the direct printed cabinet is gorgeous.

Seems like issues with the 7.5v unbufered boards are hit or miss. Some have had issues with them, others none.

Also, just so the information exists in the thread I heard that the issue why unbufered boards may have an issue is from static that can build up on the playfield in dry settings. The buffered boards absorb the static. JJP recommends using Wizards Mist n Shine wax / cleaner on their playfields partially because it is anti static.

#3930 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone think it's worth it to replace perfectly working, but unbufered 7.5v light boards with the new 2.0 boards? Cost is probably $800-$1k but wondering in the long run if it would be worth it?
My WOZ ECLE was made late Oct 2013 and has 7.5v unbufered light boards, not the original 5v boards. I haven't had any issues with them at all.
I've considered replacing the game with a Ruby Red but don't want to give up the collectiblity factor of the ECLE, prefer the look of the ECLE, like the clear coated apron and the direct printed cabinet is gorgeous.
Seems like issues with the 7.5v unbufered boards are hit or miss. Some have had issues with them, others none.

No. Why replace perfectly good components unless you are having a ton of failures? Mine has been solid. Would never think to replace anything unless I start to have lots of issues one after another...not remotely likely to happen at this point.

#3931 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No. Why replace perfectly good components unless you are having a ton of failures? Mine has been solid. Would never think to replace anything unless I start to have lots of issues one after another...not remotely likely to happen at this point.

Good point, that's a good way of looking at it.

#3932 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Cost will more likely be north of $2K. Not sure they will make kits.

Strip out all LED boards, remove all data harnesses and power cables that are cable tied to everything. Drill GI tube holes bigger. Put LED boards back in, all new data and power cables, BAG and HUB boards. New power supply. etc. etc.

If, and that is a huge "IF", a person is mechanically and electrically proficient , you are looking at 10 plus hours of work.

And I won't be doing tech support on this.

#3933 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Strip out all LED boards, remove all data harnesses and power cables that are cable tied to everything. Drill GI tube holes bigger. Put LED boards back in, all new data and power cables, BAG and HUB boards. New power supply. etc. etc.
If, and that is a huge "IF", a person is mechanically and electrically proficient , you are looking at 10 plus hours of work.

Yup, I'll pass! Lol

#3934 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Arrghhh, I was just about to cast my vote for "Tech of the Year" too, now I have to reconsider j/k

No way in hell would I go through any of that, rather deal with a $20 led board IF a problem comes up. Now if a problem does come up, can you now replace an un-buffered 7.5v with one of the buffered ones?

#3935 6 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

can you now replace an un-buffered 7.5v with one of the buffered ones?

Yes.

#3936 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also, just so the information exists in the thread I heard that the issue why unbufered boards may have an issue is from static that can build up on the playfield in dry settings. The buffered boards absorb the static. JJP recommends using Wizards Mist n Shine wax / cleaner on their playfields partially because it is anti static.

This may explain why all of my problems started in November and have (hopefully) quieted down. I'll be using Wizards Mist n Shine on a regular basis during the dry winter months.

#3937 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good point, that's a good way of looking at it.

If it ain't broke.... don't fix it.

#3938 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lloyd,

It sounds like a hassle, but may still be worth it if someone is doing a playfield swap anyway.

It would be great if JJP provided kits and instructions for owners who have crappy ecle playfields they are swapping, especially if they are going to incur the cost to upgrade themselves.

#3939 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

It would be great if JJP provided kits and instructions for owners who have crappy ecle playfields they are swapping, especially if they are going to incur the cost to upgrade themselves.

I agree. I'd like to see them available. Parts are available. Instructions won't be easy.

If someone is capable of the playfield swap, then they could do it.

And if JJP makes kits. And the phone rings. I'll try and help. I'm just worried that an undertaking of this magnitude, there won't be much on the phone or email, that I'll be able to help with.

#3940 6 years ago

See what you have all gone and done? My game has been flawless since NIB, and suddenly - lots of light issues. Had to bypass and turn off both sling GI light boards as there the fault started (19 and 21 I think they were) but now my "fish" board and left exit board are doing this. Does this mean the boards need to be replaced entirely or can it be the data cables? Game is OK in white test, but in red-and during game play- does this.

IMG_7375 (resized).JPGIMG_7375 (resized).JPG

#3941 6 years ago

Might be because a couple are turned off. I'd replace the bad ones and then see where you are at.

#3942 6 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

See what you have all gone and done? My game has been flawless since NIB, and suddenly - lots of light issues. Had to bypass and turn off both sling GI light boards as there the fault started (19 and 21 I think they were) but now my "fish" board and left exit board are doing this. Does this mean the boards need to be replaced entirely or can it be the data cables? Game is OK in white test, but in red-and during game play- does this.

Those sling GI boards are the only ones I've ever had a problem with and it has to be because they are so close to the flipper mechs. In my case neither board was bad, either time, it was just the cable and connector. I had to re-flow the solder on the connector on one and fix the cable on the other twice. I probably need to just order a new cable for the left one but so far, so good after my repair. If you haven't already make sure all boards are enabled and go into numbered led test, cycle until you're one the first one with a problem and then wiggle the cable on that board AND the two it's connected to and see if you get any changes. Good luck!

#3943 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

It sounds like a hassle, but may still be worth it if someone is doing a playfield swap anyway.

Exactly...

I was vocal in advocating for a conversion kit several months ago. I am swapping my chipped playfield for a new one and I would love to upgrade if the cost was reasonable. My only beef was that JJP should provide such a kit at a discount to take care of the design flaw with the original system. Require trade-in of your old system lamp boards so they can be repaired for games that people opt not to upgrade.

There are issues with the 1.0 lamp board system and everyone knows it. JJP knows it and we know it. Just because someone hasn't had any issues at all doesn't mean they won't. It's a known issue and eventually you *will* have a failure. Some people have had tons of failures. Personally, I would rather be proactive and ditch the system with known issues and go with the improved version if I could get a kit.

I still feel that since the 1.0 system has been abandoned lamp boards will eventually dry up. JJP has publicly committed to supporting the system. But for how long? When does it become economically unfeasible to run new parts to support the old system? Only time will tell.

#3944 6 years ago

Another talking point for moving to the 2.0 system is the led driver in each 1.0 led board, the Allegro A6281, was discontinued late 2014. I assume JJP has a stockpile of these but once they're gone, they're GONE.

#3945 6 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Another talking point for moving to the 2.0 system is the led driver in each 1.0 led board, the Allegro A6281, was discontinued late 2014. I assume JJP has a stockpile of these but once they're gone, they're GONE.

Good point and dovetails nicely into my point about how long 1.0 board will be available.

#3946 6 years ago

Thought you guys would enjoy what I did with a WOZ display I bought on EBay! Built Multicade 60 in 1 Arcade machine using a WOZ display!! Enjoy

IMG_5011 (resized).JPGIMG_5011 (resized).JPG

IMG_5012 (resized).JPGIMG_5012 (resized).JPG

IMG_5010 (resized).JPGIMG_5010 (resized).JPG

IMG_5013 (resized).JPGIMG_5013 (resized).JPG

#3947 6 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I don't remember the details offhand, but some LEDs have the red & green lines swapped from what we originally expected. When we send the data out to the lights, at that time, for those lamps, we swap green and red. However, there was a bug noticed recently that when you jump over lamp boards, the red & green swap flags weren't being honored correctly. This has been fixed, and will be in the next release. Sorry about that!

#3948 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Thought you guys would enjoy what I did with a WOZ display I bought on EBay! Built Multicade 60 in 1 Arcade machine using a WOZ display!! Enjoy

That looks awesome! But, just curious, why did you use a WOZ display rather than any old monitor? Is there something special about the WOZ displays?

#3949 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

That looks awesome! But, just curious, why did you use a WOZ display rather than any old monitor? Is there something special about the WOZ displays?

Nope nothing special.I was looking for more WOZ mods on EBay and came across this display for $125 ,,,figured that was a pretty good deal

#3950 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Nope nothing special.I was looking for more WOZ mods on EBay and came across this display for $125 ,,,figured that was a pretty good deal

That's pretty good. Isn't it like $500 purchased from JJP? I always figured it would be better to find one on your own if you needed it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

There are 15,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.