image (resized).jpg
767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 306.
#3851 6 years ago

Looks like a LED board failed early in the chain. W6 to #29 to # 1 to #2 etc. Find the first one out after the last working one, the first one out failed.

Page C-54 in the manual shows how data harnesses run. If the data harness reaches, you can by pass the failed LED board to get the rest going, then go into Settings - scroll down and turn the by passed board off. Be sure and turn it back on when you put a new LED board in.

If the game is under warranty, you can open a ticket on the support desk to get a new one. If not, the store on their website sells them.

LTG : )

#3852 6 years ago

Serial boards (pre mid dec-2016)?

Check the manual or go to diagnostics to identify the very first board that is out. Check the wires and connections there. If good bypass the board (and set it as bypassed) and see if that gets your other lights back on.

Connect/disconnect with power off always.

Edit: what LTG said

#3853 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Connect/disconnect with power off always.

You can move data harnesses around with power on, power connectors always power off.

#3854 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

First issues with WOZ. Tons of lower lights out.

Those spot lights seem super bright! Mine are very weak, then again I am on new 2.0 system and not all the bugs are worked out.

#3855 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I'd like to buy the following mods:
- Forest light
- tree eye lights
- black wizard sheath
- throne room fire pots
- Dorothy and company figures
- lighted winkie
Where/who are the best places to get these?
Also, are there good blades for this game?

I have the throne room mod available and ready to ship.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-throne-room-mod-cover-for-acrylic-plate
I also make/sell the lit drop target mod...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lit-drop-target-for-woz
I also make playfield plastic protectors for WOZ...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-pf-plastic-protectors-for-sale

Send me a PM for details.

#3856 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can move data harnesses around with power on, power connectors always power off.

Thanks LLoyd ,
I always wondered if there were exceptions to this. Makes trouble shooting much easier.

#3857 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Those spot lights seem super bright! Mine are very weak, then again I am on new 2.0 system and not all the bugs are worked out.

Yeah they are way brighter than mine and I'm not on the 2.0 system.

#3858 6 years ago

I don't think the spots are supposed to be crazy bright - the photo might just look that way as capturing lights is tough.... should be able to just meter your spots socket & should be around 12v I believe, since I remember someone saying they smoked 6v leds trying to swap to them.

#3859 6 years ago

I remember seeing a mod or tweak to the haunted sign a while ago, where it somehow gets rotated to the right slightly, so it's more visible to the players perspective - anyone know how it's done or have any pics?

IMG_1580 (resized).JPGIMG_1580 (resized).JPG

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3860 6 years ago

I put in the pinball bulbs brightening kit, and it is super bright. I might be reducing the number of spotlights or trying to dim them somehow. Any thoughts or experiences with this? It seems like overkill.

Also I've been having an intermittent sound issue which I think I have traced to the RCA cables coming from the PC. But it seems like possibly several of them are causing the problem, as I can't isolate it to just one cable. It goes in and out when I wiggle/adjust a few of them. Has anyone had this problem or replaced the cables and/or barrel connectors at the PC they plug into?

#3861 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

I remember seeing a mod or tweak to the haunted sign a while ago, where it somehow gets rotated to the right slightly, so it's more visible to the players perspective - anyone know how it's done or have any pics?

I believe you can loosen the mount and rotate it a bit and retighten it.

#3862 6 years ago

Had to replace monitor IO pcb in the vision pro monitor and now have issues with game not filling screen, I have tried every possible adjustment to no avail. However when I go to load load it fills screen perfectly. Any suggestions will be helpful, thanks.

IMG_4865 (resized).JPGIMG_4865 (resized).JPG

IMG_4869 (resized).JPGIMG_4869 (resized).JPG

IMG_4874 (resized).JPGIMG_4874 (resized).JPG

IMG_4876 (resized).JPGIMG_4876 (resized).JPG

IMG_4878 (resized).JPGIMG_4878 (resized).JPG

IMG_4888 (resized).JPGIMG_4888 (resized).JPG

IMG_4887 (resized).JPGIMG_4887 (resized).JPG

#3863 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I put in the pinball bulbs brightening kit, and it is super bright. I might be reducing the number of spotlights or trying to dim them somehow. Any thoughts or experiences with this? It seems like overkill.
Also I've been having an intermittent sound issue which I think I have traced to the RCA cables coming from the PC. But it seems like possibly several of them are causing the problem, as I can't isolate it to just one cable. It goes in and out when I wiggle/adjust a few of them. Has anyone had this problem or replaced the cables and/or barrel connectors at the PC they plug into?

You can bend the outer part of the RCA connectors for a tighter fit (both inside and outside the metal box) I also added a pull tie to sort of stabilize all the cables coming out of the back of the metal box-not too loose or too tight. I haven't had any troubles since.

#3864 6 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

You can bend the outer part of the RCA connectors for a tighter fit (both inside and outside the metal box) I also added a pull tie to sort of stabilize all the cables coming out of the back of the metal box-not too loose or too tight. I haven't had any troubles since.

Thank you! Will give that a try today!

#3865 6 years ago

After eliminating any failure points, by connecting a new rca cable from the speakers directly to the sound board I think I have discovered that I'm missing a channel.

I don't know if it's any correlation but led 6 on the audio board is not lit. Is this a common issue? I'm assuming I need a new audio board?

#3866 6 years ago

However when I go to load load it fills screen perfectly. Any suggestions will be helpful, thanks.

There are adjustments in game settings for changing monitor fit. It defaults to shrunken a bit for 1080p because that was a distinction we could make when we switched from 26" monitors to 27".

#3867 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

There are adjustments in game settings for changing monitor fit. It defaults to shrunken a bit for 1080p because that was a distinction we could make when we switched from 26" monitors to 27".

Got the shrunken aspect ratio taken care off now if I could just get that stupid HDCP message to stop coming up during gameplay ever so often I am G2G. Any ideas?

#3868 6 years ago

For anyone interested, here is a B&A of the Pin Stadium kits installed on my machine.

woz_led_lighting_pinball (resized).pngwoz_led_lighting_pinball (resized).png

#3869 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

For anyone interested, here is a B&A of the Pin Stadium kits installed on my machine.

Just posted this in your other thread, but I would love seeing a picture from the side to see how these are installed on the left, around the castle wall area.

Also, the level of brightness is adjustable, is that right?

#3870 6 years ago

Just noticed that on the Haunted Forest animation, there are little lightning flashes every time you hit the pops. What a cool little detail!

#3871 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Just posted this in your other thread, but I would love seeing a picture from the side to see how these are installed on the left, around the castle wall area.

I wasn't sure which thread you would see. I posted here also. I took a couple pictures of the clearance and mounting you want to see near the castle walls for your RR WOZ

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3872 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yes you can adjust them from 0-100% brightness too

#3873 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I wasn't sure which thread you would see. I posted here also. I took a couple pictures of the clearance and mounting you want to see near the castle walls for your RR WOZ

Is there enough clearance to lift the playfield or does the light strip have to be removed first?

How are they attached? I read something about magnets but how does this work? It can't be using the cabinet trim as that is stainless and in theory shouldn't be magnetic. Even if it is there is the wood between the light strip and the side trim.

#3874 6 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Is there enough clearance to lift the playfield or does the light strip have to be removed first?
How are they attached? I read something about magnets but how does this work? It can't be using the cabinet trim as that is stainless and in theory shouldn't be magnetic. Even if it is there is the wood between the light strip and the side trim.

The unique design of the Pin Stadium lights is in the Magna-Mount system which magnetically mounts them to the inside of the pinball cabinet itself just below the track of the glass on each side. This allows for very simple removal and re-application when raising and lowering the playfield for maintenance, it just takes a couple seconds.

#3875 6 years ago

Which WOZ have a 27" screen? Was it on/after a certain build date?

Also, is updating the code just like a Stern. Go to website, download onto flash, plug into game, update, restart?

#3876 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Which WOZ have a 27" screen? Was it on/after a certain build date?
Also, is updating the code just like a Stern. Go to website, download onto flash, plug into game, update, restart?

Not sure of the build date but I believe they also switched to HDMI with the 27" monitor so thats an easy way to tell. Irregardless the visible display area through the back glass is the same.

Updates are easy. For full updates you plug in a usb stick you formatted with their update and then power up and it will install on boot. Incremental updates you put your usb stick with the update in after powering up then go through the menus and select software update from utilities.

With full updates you will need to backup your high scores first if you care to keep them.

#3877 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Thanks. Looks great.

#3878 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Not sure of the build date but I believe they also switched to HDMI with the 27" monitor so thats an easy way to tell. Irregardless the visible display area through the back glass is the same.
Updates are easy. For full updates you plug in a usb stick you formatted with their update and then power up and it will install on boot. Incremental updates you put your usb stick with the update in after powering up then go through the menus and select software update from utilities.
With full updates you will need to backup your high scores first if you care to keep them.

Thanks for the information. Probably the newer ones then, I thought DVI was the latest. Sounds like not. Updates sound pretty easy too, thanks!

#3879 6 years ago

Ok, I'm not as good as a lot of people on this site but just got my highest score ever!

IMG_0935 (resized).JPGIMG_0935 (resized).JPG

#3880 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Thanks for the information. Probably the newer ones then, I thought DVI was the latest. Sounds like not. Updates sound pretty easy too, thanks!

Oh yeah I meant that... too many acronyms in my brain.

#3881 6 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

Ok, I'm not as good as a lot of people on this site but just got my highest score ever!

Thats a great score congrats!

#3882 6 years ago

Yeah, I think high score #1 is set at the factory during testing or something..

#3883 6 years ago

My high score is 989k - my daughter Taylor made it her mission to knock me off the leaderboard - brat!!!

IMG_1589 (resized).JPGIMG_1589 (resized).JPG

#3884 6 years ago

You should be very proud of your daughter to be able to achieve such a high score!! That's awesome.

#3885 6 years ago

Thanks man - I'm so happy that the kids are into pinball - I've moved in the outlanes, set to 3 ball with 4 extra balls possible and special awards extra ball too. She keeps getting all but the rescue multiball jackpot for sotr but she will get it soon!

#3886 6 years ago

Hi- WoZ Fans! I did a tutorial/gameplay stream of a Woz over the weekend:

- the game was set to easy so we get pretty deep in the game.

#3887 6 years ago

Crazy 6.8 million and no sotr? I just fast forwarded to the end of the video but didn't see the jewels - did you get rescue mega jackpot? How many witch battles & how many times did you beat her?

#3888 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I put the pinballbulbs three tower kit with the apron led strip and backboard strip in mine as well. It was the later all 12v version without the original little voltage stepdown box. The original set used 6v bulbs. The 12v system is way too bright for my tastes as well. When I asked about it they just said, take out some of the bulbs..bah.. Anyway, I ordered a bunch of bulbs from comet, with various brightness and color. Used one of the lights in the pinballbulbs kit but changed all the rest and the factory JJP bulbs. Very happy with the results. Can play in a fully lit to fully dark room and it is great. Try a couple of OP Max sunlights for the middle of the field, (2) 1 COB ambers pointing toward the witches nose, a 8smd purple on the castle spot, 8 smd purple from the throne room area spot pointed to the forest, a 9 smd purple right next the forest pointing to the forest as well. Then you can use the pinballbulb provided lights to light Dorothy's house from the JJP spot. Then you can go into Settings, System and put the led brightness at "lower" and that should look pretty good. The mid field will be bright enough to see the ball well, the castle and forest will be cool and gloomy, the flipper area will have a nice glow and you will be able to see the ball well on the munchkin playfield. Also I painted the chrome light housings black on the exterior so they look factory. Good luck.

#3889 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Crazy 6.8 million and no sotr? I just fast forwarded to the end of the video but didn't see the jewels - did you get rescue mega jackpot? How many witch battles & how many times did you beat her?

I completely sucked that night, the players that put up good games mostly did it through sheer attrition and ludicrous ball times due to the easy settings handing out so many extra balls.

#3890 6 years ago

I sifted quick about light boards, can't find so forgive me....
Owners may be able to help..
Were the ruby's shipped with buffered or unbuffered boards? The build date is 6/2015 for reference. Maybe someone can chime in and help. Thanks.

#3891 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

I sifted quick about light boards, can't find so forgive me....

Call JJP extension 1, have your serial number ready 0870 - - - - , they can look up what is in your game.

#3892 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Were the ruby's shipped with buffered or unbuffered boards? The build date is 6/2015 for reference. Maybe someone can chime in and help. Thanks.

Post a pix of the board if you can.

#3893 6 years ago

Hi guys - looking for input, please.

The LED green strip lighting to my Throne Room acrylic is out. I've tried to trace the wires under the playfield but they get lost immediately into various bundles.

I checked the diagnostics and the LED tests don't have the throne room acrylic on it. Every other LED seems to be in the test menu except for this one, so I have no idea where the wires run to or from.

Has anyone had issues with this LED strip? Any thoughts? Am most curious of course as to what board and connector it might be.

Could be the small LED strip itself as well but it looks intact. Not sure how to test it.

Any thoughts? Thanks. Larry

#3894 6 years ago

Others have had it go out on them as well. Could be a broken solder joint where the wires connect to the strip.

The connector isn't too far away so it should be within 5 inches or so of the hole the wire drops down. You can test power there but by far the most likely scenario is that something broke with or at the strip itself.

#3895 6 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Not sure how to test it.

Put a meter on it, see if you have 12 volts DC at the connector.

If you have voltage, call JJP to order a new one. 24-0001-05 LED Strip, Green

#3896 6 years ago

Very good. Thanks guys. I'm decent at the mechanical stuff but terrible at the electrical. But testing the voltage at the connector I can handle! Sounds like that is likely the case. Really cool that you even gave me the part number. I'll test it later today. Thanks again. Larry

#3897 6 years ago

Just got a RR and am having the same issue with the throne room led being out. I went through all the test menus 3 or 4 times and could not find it and I figured I was just missing it and it was buried somewhere. Was about to take the throne out/apart and check the solder connections and/or see if I could get another strip to work there, but after reading this I am realizing it is 12 volts and the strips I have are 6 volts so I guess I will just do the voltage test and then order a new strip if needed. Is the power always on to that connector or do I need to put it in some kind of all led test when I check?

Also, my top left forest pop bumper is not firing, even in the coil test. Any known issues with that one I should look for?

Other than these two minor issues, everything else seems to work perfectly and I am loving the game.

#3898 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Just got a RR and am having the same issue with the throne room led being out. I went through all the test menus 3 or 4 times and could not find it and I figured I was just missing it and it was buried somewhere. Was about to take the throne out/apart and check the solder connections and/or see if I could get another strip to work there, but after reading this I am realizing it is 12 volts and the strips I have are 6 volts so I guess I will just do the voltage test and then order a new strip if needed. Is the power always on to that connector or do I need to put it in some kind of all led test when I check?
Also, my top left forest pop bumper is not firing, even in the coil test. Any known issues with that one I should look for?
Other than these two minor issues, everything else seems to work perfectly and I am loving the game.

For the pop bumper make sure it is not rubbing on the playfield support under the playfield. Some people have had that happen. You may need to shift/jockey the playfield a fraction to the right. For the green throne room LED strip I believe you can test it in flasher tests.

#3899 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Did you buy NIB? if so call JJP to order a new one under warranty. 24-0001-05 LED Strip Green

#3900 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

For the pop bumper make sure it is not rubbing on the playfield support under the playfield. Some people have had that happen.

Thanks! I will check and see if that is the problem first.

Did you buy NIB? if so call JJP to order a new one under warranty. 24-0001-05 LED Strip Green

Nope. It was a HUO I got in a trade.

Thanks for the part number. I looked on the JJP website and I could not find the 24-0001-05 LED strip, but I did find the following.

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Wizard-of-Oz-Parts/Light-Strip-LED-WoZ-head-etching.html

Seems like the correct part and they have it listed as 19-3016-00?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
$ 91.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.