BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 305.
#3751 6 years ago

I am thinking of getting on of the green city mods for my WoZ.

Problem is I can't decide between the Mezelmods one or the Back Alley Creations one.

Any thoughts/advice on this? Anyone seen them both in person? Is the BAC one worth the extra dough?

I was also thinking of back lighting it somehow and getting rid of the GI spot that goes in that back corner. Haven't really put much thought into how I would do it yet, but I'm sure I can come up with a way.

Thanks,
Michael

#3752 6 years ago

Love the new addition.

IMG_3847 (resized).JPGIMG_3847 (resized).JPG

#3753 6 years ago

I didn't know you could make it fit on top of the well. I'm sold now.

#3754 6 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

I am thinking of getting one of the green city mods for my WoZ.
Problem is I can't decide between the Mezelmods one or the Back Alley Creations one.
Any thoughts/advice on this? Anyone seen them both in person? Is the BAC one worth the extra dough?
Thanks,
Michael

Great question - I'm looking and trying to decide on those too. Also - the lit Winkie target is made by Mezel and Indypinhead... what are the differences it's those? I had a Winkie from mezelmods years ago and it broke, but I remember them sending me another one for free and now their website says improved design... I'm wondering how the two hold up now - has anyone compared Winkies?

#3755 6 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

It actually includes the well. It's designed to blend with the back alley walls but looks great with any wall really.

#3756 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Love the new addition.

Too bad we can't prepay and "jump the line" for these haha

#3757 6 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

The well and red smoke are actually one piece. It's made REALLY professional.

#3758 6 years ago

Emerald City Mod with LED controller

#3759 6 years ago

I figured from your Kiss thread you would do some cool things to WOZ - friggen sweet Capguntrooper

#3760 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

I figured from your Kiss thread you would do some cool things to WOZ - friggen sweet Capguntrooper

I also found what Scarecrow, Lion and Tin Man were looking for.

IMG_4489 (resized).JPGIMG_4489 (resized).JPG

#3761 6 years ago

Finally joined the club, picked up a 2015 RR yesterday. What a fantastic game, much better in a HUO environment. Scored 894k on the first game, my best score on WOZ. The game is a lot darker than I had remembered so I lit it up with a color changing backboard light, a red trough light and a purple light mod for the forest just below the castle. My phone doesn't do well with LEDs (and pinside doesn't help with compressing the files) so I realize the pics may look all washed out, but in person it is really sharp and provides a lot of clarity to the playfield. I really did not like how dark the forest was.

20170422_194221 (resized).jpg20170422_194221 (resized).jpg

before...

20170423_075927 (resized).jpg20170423_075927 (resized).jpg

after, with trough and backboard

20170423_110656 (resized).jpg20170423_110656 (resized).jpg

after with forest lit purple...

20170423_123042 (resized).jpg20170423_123042 (resized).jpg

#3762 6 years ago

I like that forest light where u get that

#3763 6 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I like that forest light where u get that

Its a new mod we have. Not listed yet. It will probably be listed for $15 on our site tomorrow, plus you'll need a splitter if you have a topper, which we will include for $7.50. No shipping charge. Not entirely sure this will be the price but we will honor it for pinsiders

Pm me if you want one.

#3764 6 years ago

The lighted forest mod is now available on our website.

http://lermods.com/products/wizard-of-oz-pinball-led-strip-illuminated-forest-mod

If you want additional woz mods, let me know and ill make a splitter with more connections at no addiitonal cost beyond what we charge for a 2-connection splitter at a reasonable $6.99. These run off the topper connection for simplicity and ease of install.

Thx

wizard-of-oz-pinball-led-strip-illuminated-forest-mod-2 (resized).JPGwizard-of-oz-pinball-led-strip-illuminated-forest-mod-2 (resized).JPG

#3765 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I know, just lazy and lacking time. I will probably get the cliffy and get it powder coated (and then sit on it about 5 months before I actually put it on, haha). Just not sure if I am going to do green or red.

That's my plan. Been sitting for......3 months now... Ha. But I have the mod Father one on.

#3766 6 years ago

Friends, I know it's just good stuff here. But I come here in this group because we are so many; My oz is stopped for 1 year and JJP does not solve the problem. I already sent 10 emails and nothing. If someone here can help me, I appreciate it. My oz burned the motherboard and the motherboard. I changed the two and after that the machine initializes the program plus the playfield and everything else is dead. Without a bulb or any movement. Could someone give me a help ???? please !!!!

image1 (1) (1) (resized).PNGimage1 (1) (1) (resized).PNG

#3767 6 years ago

Your emails may not be getting through or to the right people.

Please go to Support on jerseyjackpinball.com and open a new ticket. Describe what has gone on, previous ticket numbers, and what the game is doing now.

Thank you.
LTG : )

#3768 6 years ago

Joined the club yesterday with a NIB Ruby Red, what a beautiful pin!

#3769 6 years ago

Congrats lermods & klr2014 - All I can say having WOZ back in the house a few weeks is WOW! We have put up 139 games so far, and it's been a joy to play. STELLAR build quality - absolutely zero issues out of the box. I went cheap on the emerald city backboard - $10 on eBay - it doesn't completely cover the picture but you don't notice unless your looking for it.
My high score was 998k, 3 ball with extra balls awarded at 30, 100, 200, 600, 1.5 million & special - battled the witch 3 times but flailed every time Yesterday I moved the outlane posts down, and my daughter had about a hour long game - 2 million plus.... we still haven't beaten the witch but I grab my phone when anyone gets close. I think I may need to look at the switch or monkey sensor as last night I noticed my daughter had the monkey capture dorthy lit, shot the right orbit but the magnet didn't grab the ball & monkey didn't come down....... next time around it worked so not too concerned. It's crazy how solid this game feels - moving from woz to anything else makes the other game feel weird and fragile initially.
Question - does beating the witch then show the sotr / jewels progress in the status screen?

IMG_1545 (resized).JPGIMG_1545 (resized).JPG

IMG_1546 (resized).JPGIMG_1546 (resized).JPG

#3770 6 years ago

And make sure your on 6.11 firmware - balls in reserve is a cool feature!

#3771 6 years ago

Don't think JJP has released it on their site yet.

#3772 6 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Don't think JJP has released it on their site yet.

Contact them and they will send it to you

#3773 6 years ago

balls in reserve is a cool feature!

I would love to know more about this!

#3774 6 years ago

Yes contact jen at jjp get access to google group can download beta code then

#3775 6 years ago

Can you describe this feature? Or is it described somewhere?

#3776 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Can you describe this feature? Or is it described somewhere?

Instead of counting up to x balls it starts with x balls and counts down to zero similar to lives in a video game. Extra balls are added to your remaining balls but are not immediately played allowing player rotation to be maintained.

#3777 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The lighted forest mod is now available on our website.
http://lermods.com/products/wizard-of-oz-pinball-led-strip-illuminated-forest-mod
If you want additional woz mods, let me know and ill make a splitter with more connections at no addiitonal cost beyond what we charge for a 2-connection splitter at a reasonable $6.99. These run off the topper connection for simplicity and ease of install.
Thx

I never knew the WOZ forest was supposed to be purple?

#3778 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Love the new addition.

Is that a different witch???

#3779 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yes, search for Red Smoke mod. It's an awesome must have WOZ mod.

#3780 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thats the red smoke mod witch and she is awesome!

#3781 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Instead of counting up to x balls it starts with x balls and counts down to zero similar to lives in a video game. Extra balls are added to your remaining balls but are not immediately played allowing player rotation to be maintained.

That's cool and will make playing with a group more fun. Can you toggle it on or off in the settings?

I was hoping it might be a different mode though. Oh well. Can't complain. The code is pretty awesome as is.

#3782 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

That's cool and will make playing with a group more fun. Can you toggle it on or off in the settings?
I was hoping it might be a different mode though. Oh well. Can't complain. The code is pretty awesome as is.

When the other player runs out of balls, can they continue (buy in?)

#3783 6 years ago

You can't continue the same game, but you can hit start and join back at zero points and stay in the rotation playing

#3784 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yeah, it can be turned on and off in settings. The beta also adds high score of the day and fixes some bugs.

As much as another mode would be awesome I'm not sure where they woukd stick it as the game is so loaded.

#3785 6 years ago

Here's one for the club. Ever since buying my woz standard nib 2 months ago I notice the pops didn't seem to make much action. Well I had the glass off today and decided to check into that issue. I pushed down on each pop bumper and low and behold one closest to the side of cab dosnt budge. I lift playfield test from bottom it moves freely. Thinking problem is fixed I put playfield down and again pop bumper won't budge. Investigate further and realize bumper is binding on rail used to slide playfield back and forth. Wtf....is this a common issue or did I get a defective one. Lmk thanks.

#3786 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Here's one for the club. Ever since buying my woz standard nib 2 months ago I notice the pops didn't seem to make much action. Well I had the glass off today and decided to check into that issue. I pushed down on each pop bumper and low and behold one closest to the side of cab dosnt budge. I lift playfield test from bottom it moves freely. Thinking problem is fixed I put playfield down and again pop bumper won't budge. Investigate further and realize bumper is binding on rail used to slide playfield back and forth. Wtf....is this a common issue or did I get a defective one. Lmk thanks.

I had the same issue. When you lower the playfield, try to shift it to the right as it lowers into playing position. Once I did that, the bumper worked as it should.

Eventually, I took the bumper apart and filed the part until there was no conflict with the rail.

#3787 6 years ago

Weather is looking ghastly on the east side.

17796391_10211970195746511_8405434877578684644_n (resized).jpg17796391_10211970195746511_8405434877578684644_n (resized).jpg

#3788 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I had the same issue when I first got my WOZ. It drove me nuts till I figured it out it was just barely hitting the side of that rail. Shift the playfield a bit to the right when you lower it back into place and test the bumper before you put the glass back on.

#3789 6 years ago

Hey guys just joined the club last weekend with a RR love the game! I'm having an issue with the audio I keep loosing channels I pull the field out reset the sound cables and it works for one or two games then goes out again, I have cleaned the RCA connectors but it continues I think one or more of the cables might be bad has anyone had to replace theirs?

#3790 6 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

has anyone had to replace theirs?

Try bypassing the back of the metal box and plug directly into the motherboard or soundboard.

#3791 6 years ago

Seems like lately, when more than one ball is held in the ball lock area, every now & then, the game will release one of them in the middle of my turn, for no reason at all (I think!), giving me an impromptu multiball session. Has only started happening recently.

This ever happen to anyone else? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

#3792 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Seems like lately, when more than one ball is held in the ball lock area, every now & then, the game will release one of them in the middle of my turn, for no reason at all (I think!), giving me an impromptu multiball session. Has only started happening recently.
Thanks in advance!

When you say "release one of them" do you mean when you hit the ramp?

#3793 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try bypassing the back of the metal box and plug directly into the motherboard or soundboard.

Thanks Lloyd!

#3794 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Thanks in advance!

Check for loose connections anywhere under the PF. It could be a loose connection not seemingly related to the lock arm.

Remove the munchkin hut plastic and check the integrity of the solder joints of both the coils front and back (lock and diverter).

A loose or intermittent connector with fool the computer into doing odd things.

However if the game calls for a ball for a mode and one is locked, sometimes it will release one into play from the lock.

#3795 6 years ago

Can someone tell me how to check to see if the lighting on the throne room is working properly. I ran the led test for all GI lights and it never lights up. Is that the right place to check the throne room lighting on the plastic OZ insert? I noticed last night while playing it never lit up green. Going through the tests I couldn't find the throne room in the list.

#3796 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Working great so far Thanks Lloyd!

#3797 6 years ago
Quoted from thunder001:

Can someone tell me how to check to see if the lighting on the throne room is working properly. I ran the led test for all GI lights and it never lights up. Is that the right place to check the throne room lighting on the plastic OZ insert? I noticed last night while playing it never lit up green. Going through the tests I couldn't find the throne room in the list.

Is it lighting when you turn on the game? If not then check the connectors, and then contact JJP about getting a replacement.

#3798 6 years ago
Quoted from thunder001:

Check under flashers not gi

#3799 6 years ago

Developed a few issues with my WOZ after a recent move. Looking for a bit of guidance as to what might be the underlying issues. Engineer is visiting tomorrow. Machine was treated extremely gently in the move, and cab still looks perfect. Only thing was that when I came to switch it on the first time, BIOS boot screen came up saying there'd been an unexpected shutdown (I don't remember it). Hasn't happened again though.

- Winged Monkey monorail does not work - including at system boot.
- Added LED kits are dead - illuminated state fair balloon, haunted forest eyes, under pf kit.
- Spotlights all dead.
- Topper illumination no longer works.
- Throne room picture of wizard no longer illuminates.
- Throne room torches no longer illuminate.
- Witch no longer raises or lowers, nor do her well mounted LEDs work. Target still works normally, but her hurry up no longer ticks down and stays at maximum value, but can be awarded. Fireball Frenzy jackpots no longer work.
- No toy tests save for the castle doors work.
- No coil tests work.
- However all mechs and coils work normally in normal gameplay except for the winged monkey's monorail and the witch.

Game behaves perfectly otherwise.

I'm hoping it's a fuse issue, but seems like remarkably disparate things. The only one that I'd experienced before was when I first got it, a single time the toy and coil tests didn't work, but then rebooted it and all fine.

Oh, and another thing is that slings are double, triple or quadruple (or more) firing sometimes, so had to turn the pulse timing down to prevent coil burn out. But that occurred before the move. Assume the switches need adjusting and it's completely unrelated to the other stuff.

Thanks in advance for any help.

#3800 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Thanks in advance for any help.

From your description, it sounds like your 12 volts is missing. I'd check fuses on I/O board and power supply board ( if your game has one ), and then onto connectors involved going out from power supply board and I/O board.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 24.50
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms
Hardware
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.