20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg
IMG_8924 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 306.
#3651 7 years ago

Congrats mountaingamer ! WOZ is a game I can not ever imagine getting rid of. Its bueatiful, challenging and never tiring to play.

#3652 7 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Hi All - true WOZ addict here..... I let my WOZLE go about two years ago and have missed that game ever since. I swear my 14yr old has said at least 100 times "when are we getting another WOZ?", and so have friends and family. This game has kinda ruined pinball for me as everything now gets compared to it, and nothing really (maybe MMr)comes close.
Yesterday I said the hell with it and called and ordered a 75th from Jen to get my fix! Can't wait

As much as I think I'm going to need to make room for a newer game down the road, I'm not going to go through what you did. I can't see getting rid of woz as not much comes close to it.

#3653 7 years ago

Hi All - true WOZ addict here..... I let my WOZLE go about two years ago and have missed that game ever since. I swear my 14yr old has said at least 100 times "when are we getting another WOZ?", and so have friends and family. This game has kinda ruined pinball for me as everything now gets compared to it, and nothing really (maybe MMr)comes close.
Yesterday I said the hell with it and called and ordered a 75th from Jen to get my fix! Can't wait

Congrats great pin! My family loves WOZ also!

#3654 7 years ago

WOZ is the current pinnacle of pinball, IMO.

#3655 7 years ago

Is it me or does the invisibles seem like it's always stuck in there and needs super grip to pull out. It definitely does not slide out

#3656 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Is it me or does the invisibles seem like it's always stuck in there and needs super grip to pull out. It definitely does not slide out

It can be snug.
Its better snug due to the shaker motor than loose and rattling around.
Hopefully it will loosen up a bit with use. Maybe try a little teflon dry lube in the channel?

#3657 7 years ago

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you submit a formal ticket for support. I thought I submitted one on their website, but I haven't been contacted in 2 weeks or so and was never sent a ticket number. I'm having an issue with the speakers as well as trough. It's spitting out two balls continually - I've tried to connect and disconnect the connectors for the opto boards multiple times, but it only fixes the issue for a couple of games. The speakers are also cracking, and now during some games the volume will only come out of one speaker, or become so low (even though volume is all the way up) that it's very hard to hear.

#3658 7 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you submit a formal ticket for support. I thought I submitted one on their website, but I haven't been contacted in 2 weeks or so and was never sent a ticket number. I'm having an issue with the speakers as well as trough. It's spitting out two balls continually - I've tried to connect and disconnect the connectors for the opto boards multiple times, but it only fixes the issue for a couple of games. The speakers are also cracking, and now during some games the volume will only come out of one speaker, or become so low (even though volume is all the way up) that it's very hard to hear.

Call em.
Support ticket system can be hit and miss. Phone call works almost all of the time. Also a PM to LTG is very effective in getting assistance with your issues.

#3659 7 years ago

but how do you submit a formal ticket for support.

Please go to the website and open a new one. Last weekend things like the parts store and support desk were moved and the old might not be accessed.

LTG : )

#3660 7 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Call em.
Support ticket system can be hit and miss. Phone call works almost all of the time. Also a PM to LTG is very effective in getting assistance with your issues.

Whenever I've called, instead of addressing the issues, the person on the phone has told me that I should be submitting support tickets instead. The website has helped get things resolved more often than not.

#3661 7 years ago

By any chance did the new code drop as of yet? I know some of the newer run models has it installed already.

#3662 7 years ago

Mod Father offers a nice easy to install munchkin protector. Glues to the playfield with strip on the protector. Easy easy install

Quoted from paynemic:

Earlier in the thread I read someone protected the mini munchkin playfield with something other than the Cliffy. I'm a big fan of cliffys, but the difficulty to install on this one has me shying away. I don't like drilling playfields at all. Anyone have any thoughts?

#3663 7 years ago

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you submit a formal ticket for support. I thought I submitted one on their website, but I haven't been contacted in 2 weeks or so and was never sent a ticket number.

I am also interested in how to submit a formal ticket. I contacted the [email protected] two weeks ago and haven't received any response. I'm wondering if I should use this link http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/ ? Or should I just call? I had pics which is why I emailed initially.

#3664 7 years ago

Yes. Please start a new ticket.

#3665 7 years ago

I had done the same as you except I sold my WOZECLE three years ago when the code was still at 1.03. I guess at the time my impatience of substance and another machine caught my eye that pushed me to that decision. Now three years later and coding that took leaps and bounds over version 1.03 and I dare to say over any other machine I can think of, I went out and picked a Ruby Red. No regrets with that move, I love the RR and this one will be here to stay and you HAVE to get Steve's Wicked Witch Red Smoke Mod. That is totally awesome. Congrats as your about to fall in love all over again.

#3666 7 years ago

I have to say there is another thread out there on what to do with WoZ right out of the box and someone mentioned the roll overs. I had seen the ball go right over tin man many times and not register and was frustrated. I adjusted the contacts and played with it a little and got it "just right ". I now got multiple ECMB on my first game and on my second game I got my second highest score yet after the adjustment. Great game!

#3667 7 years ago

Will any 12V led button kit work on a woz? Is there a kit better than another?

#3668 7 years ago

Ok, found the reason my castle flipper would not stay put. Any idea where I can get one?

IMG_0787 (resized).JPGIMG_0787 (resized).JPG

#3669 7 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

Any idea where I can get one?

You have one right there. Small, thin flat nosed pliers. Bend a loop over the broken end. Hook it back up. Back in business.

#3671 7 years ago

Broke spring. Flat nose pliers in last loop, bend over 90 degrees. Fixed good as new.

broke (resized).JPGbroke (resized).JPG

fix (resized).JPGfix (resized).JPG

goodasnew (resized).JPGgoodasnew (resized).JPG

#3672 7 years ago

Thanks guys! Was already working on that before I checked back. Machine is back up and running and the kids are playing it!

#3673 7 years ago

IT HAS BEGUN!

IMG_4284 (resized).JPGIMG_4284 (resized).JPG

#3674 7 years ago

Where the hell did you get that?

#3675 7 years ago

Uh, what would you even call that? It's not a "Topper", is it a "Bottomer"?

#3676 7 years ago

Not that I would like this mod .... but everyone strand back and no one will get hurt... just TELL ME WHERE GOT IT!

#3677 7 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

Not that I would like this mod .... but everyone strand back and no one will get hurt... just TELL ME WHERE GOT IT!

Holly cow! Maybe I should start selling these for $25 bucks a pop

#3679 7 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

$16.00 shipped.

ebay.com link: Wizard of Oz 18 Wicked Witch Of The East Legs Halloween Decoration Prop 9166

#3680 7 years ago

When you enable a munchkin mode do the legs pop up (like they do out if the house) and kick you in the ... Could be the first mod to cause pain when you should get reward

#3681 7 years ago

Oh man, I've been looking for springs forever!

@LTG, any idea which spring would best replace the one on the munchkin land ball lock? It's part number 13-7015-00, as of now the only way to get it from JJP is to purchase the entire assembly.

#3682 7 years ago
Quoted from netcivil:

any idea which spring would best replace the one on the munchkin land ball lock?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-96 I'd try this one.

#3683 7 years ago

I am a bit late on this: Mylar added to pops for early WOZ builds

Finally got around to contacting JJP support when my state fair board lost the R in RGB on one insert.

However, I was a bit perplexed. I was told I would be getting a mylar artwork sticker for the two pop areas (state fair and trees). But my PF is not damaged, I wanted to put mylar there to prevent it. I asked if clear mylar was an option and was told only the stickers were available. (so they are currently on their way)

To those that added these? was it clear mylar? a mylar covered sticker? if you had no PF damage, did you just cut your own mylar?

Curious as to others' experience with this.

#3684 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Finally got around to contacting JJP support when my state fair board lost the R in RGB on one insert.
However, I was a bit perplexed. I was told I would be getting a mylar artwork sticker for the two pop areas (state fair and trees). But my PF is not damaged, I wanted to put mylar there to prevent it. I asked if clear mylar was an option and was told only the stickers were available. (so they are currently on their way)
To those that added these? was it clear mylar? a mylar covered sticker? if you had no PF damage, did you just cut your own mylar?

I got clear Mylar precut. The printed stickers are only for if there is wear.

Edit: I have yet to find the time to install it though.

#3685 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Wonder if someone there was confused? They do have clear mylar. I put it on mine a while ago.

#3686 7 years ago

Thanks guys, I will reach out to Joe and inquite further.

#3687 7 years ago

I just got a WOZ brand new out of the box and played all day yesterday with my kids. I ran some tests this morning and I'm finding when I run the all LED light test to each color not all the LED's on the playfield are changing to the same color. Is this right or are some of the LED's not the RGB? I've read these machines have issues with the light boards and I'm not sure if this is a problem or the way they should work.

#3688 7 years ago
Quoted from thunder001:

I just got a WOZ brand new out of the box and played all day yesterday with my kids. I ran some tests this morning and I'm finding when I run the all LED light test to each color not all the LED's on the playfield are changing to the same color. Is this right or are some of the LED's not the RGB? I've read these machines have issues with the light boards and I'm not sure if this is a problem or the way they should work.

Mine does the same, everything seems good though.

#3689 7 years ago
Quoted from thunder001:

Not all the same color? They should be, unless you are talking about the tiny yellow brick road inserts. Those are always slightly off since they used yellow colored inserts there instead of clear.

#3690 7 years ago

Only a section of them are not all the led's. I'm confused people are telling me they should be and other people are stating they aren't all RGB changing. If they are suppose to be all RGB what would the cause be for them not changing?

#3691 7 years ago
Quoted from thunder001:

Only a section of them are not all the led's. I'm confused people are telling me they should be and other people are stating they aren't all RGB changing. If they are suppose to be all RGB what would the cause be for them not changing?

They are all RGB. The first yellow brick road inserts before the yellow brick #1 insert are painted over so the color of the light appears slightly different.

In test, switch between the all red, all green and all blue and you will be able to see which inserts have a color that is not working properly.

#3692 7 years ago

Yes I really do think I have an issue with the lighting already. inserts for the scarecrow are all different colors at the beginning and blinking. The Rainbow letters are all lit and blinking at the very beginning of the game. All the lights definitely are not changes to the color selected. Does this mean I have bad boards already and how to I determine which ones are bad? Thanks for your help with this since I'm new to pinball with little knowledge of what could be causing this issue.

#3693 7 years ago

Since you said it was new in box I would suspect some connectors got vibrated loose during transport. My personal first check would be to check all the light board data connections. If its the new style boards I believe they will be cat5 (like network cables) and should be easy to reseat them all pretty quickly.

Otherwise call the JJP support line during business hours. They can walk you through determining if anything is wrong and get you whats needed to fix it.

#3694 7 years ago
Quoted from thunder001:

Yes I really do think I have an issue with the lighting already. inserts for the scarecrow are all different colors at the beginning and blinking. The Rainbow letters are all lit and blinking at the very beginning of the game. All the lights definitely are not changes to the color selected. Does this mean I have bad boards already and how to I determine which ones are bad? Thanks for your help with this since I'm new to pinball with little knowledge of what could be causing this issue.

Go into the ordered lamp test and see if the problem begins (flashing or blinking different colors) at one particular board. Might also want to see what the version number says on your boards as the 2.0 system is different than the older ones.

#3695 7 years ago

I've read the leds can become locked and a power reset fixes the issue. Has anyone else in this club had that issue? Also if you have does a power reset mean jumping pins 6 and 8 on the motherboard, or just powering of than on?

#3696 7 years ago
Quoted from thunder001:

I've read the leds can become locked and a power reset fixes the issue. Has anyone else in this club had that issue? Also if you have does a power reset mean jumping pins 6 and 8 on the motherboard, or just powering of than on?

Simple power off, wait a few seconds and then power back up.

Jumping pins was only needed on very early models before the Graceful PC shutdown was added. Now hardly ever needed but if you flip on and off rapidly a reset can sometimes be needed. Even then the reset switch is now wired up in thr PC box so still no pin jumping needed.

The most common thing I have solved with a power cycle is all lights being out and that has only happened two or three times in the last year and then only at power up.

#3697 7 years ago

What's the build date of your machine? Its on the back.

#3698 7 years ago

12/15/15

#3699 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Since you said it was new in box I would suspect some connectors got vibrated loose during transport. My personal first check would be to check all the light board data connections. If its the new style boards I believe they will be cat5 (like network cables) and should be easy to reseat them all pretty quickly.
Otherwise call the JJP support line during business hours. They can walk you through determining if anything is wrong and get you whats needed to fix it.

This!!!! Something is probably a little loose. It has happened to me a couple times. Be careful with the connectors and don't work with the lights when the power is on it can mess them up.

#3700 7 years ago

I've checked all connections and can't find any loose. This is frustrating! A new machine and already not working!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/74?hl=netcivil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.