20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 306.
#3601 7 years ago

Well i should say i wont settle for less then a new decal. I still havent heard back from them yet .

#3602 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Well i should say i wont settle for less then a new decal. I still havent heard back from them yet .

I'm sure they won't hesitate once they get to ya. After all I would be worried that the adhesive may have had a defect for it to come up at all.

Because its not really a tech support issue, you may want to try just calling parts and explaining what you want, why and that its under warranty.

#3603 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I would try rolling it down with a brayer and a little heat from a hair dryer.
maybe puncture the bubble with the tip of an exacto knife first, after loosening or removing the door.

way easier than replacing the whole decal.

vinyl sign guys have to deal with this all day long.

If that fails or looks like crap, then replace the decal. I imagine you can get as many as you need to make it right.

#3604 7 years ago

Yes I have new decal coming. Problem I see is where coin door is, decal is really stuck no way rolling air bubbles past that. Also noticed this when going to qork decal its bubbling up around shooter rod to.

20170323_143516 (resized).jpg20170323_143516 (resized).jpg

#3605 7 years ago

Im just worried about resale value down the road. Was told to use touch up paint on door . Im sure one will be able to tell it was touched up. Am i being to anal? I mean this was a nib pin i know adjustments need to be made but cosmetically should have been good.

#3606 7 years ago

Hey! New owner here (actually, first time pinball owner)
I've been set up and playing for about 2 weeks but i'm finding it significantly harder to cradle on left vs cradling on the right.
My first thought was that it wasn't entirely level, but I checked and it's just fine. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

#3607 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Yes I have new decal coming. Problem I see is where coin door is, decal is really stuck no way rolling air bubbles past that. Also noticed this when going to qork decal its bubbling up around shooter rod to.

Looks like the temperature or humidity was off when it was installed.
Its a bit of work to replace it, but not terrible.
See if there is a pinsider near you with experience to help out if youve never done it before.

Changing a decal is easier than changing a cabinet...

#3608 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Im just worried about resale value down the road. Was told to use touch up paint on door . Im sure one will be able to tell it was touched up. Am i being to anal? I mean this was a nib pin i know adjustments need to be made but cosmetically should have been good.

I don't think that minor scratch will affect resale value all that much (if at all). We all want our NIB games to be perfect forever, but the fact is, even in HUO environments, they will get minor scratches over time. I know my game has a couple of incredibly small blemishes that probably only I would notice.

#3609 7 years ago
Quoted from zachsteffens:

I've been set up and playing for about 2 weeks but i'm finding it significantly harder to cradle on left vs cradling on the right.
My first thought was that it wasn't entirely level, but I checked and it's just fine. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

#3610 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Does not bother me!! The game is under the glass!!! Congrats on your new pin !! Turn the lights in the room off,, crank up the volume ,, have a cocktail and enjoy one of the best pinball machines ever made!! No worries about a bubble.. WOZ is all about immersing yourself into the game !!! Congratulations on your new pin!! You picked a great one!
Frankmac..

#3611 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Does not bother me!! The game is under the glass!!! Congrats on your new pin !! Turn the lights in the room off,, crank up the volume ,, have a cocktail and enjoy one of the best pinball machines ever made!! No worries about a bubble.. WOZ is all about immersing yourself into the game !!! Congratulations on your new pin!! You picked a great one!
Frankmac..

Wrong post ! LOL!!

#3612 7 years ago

I agree game is fantastic ill have another beer

#3613 7 years ago

Enjoy!

#3614 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I wouldnt stress about it, WOZ was my first NIB and I had a few issues out of the box as well that I had to work through (at least one I just had to let go and forget). Every NIB eventually re-sold even if a well cared for HUO will have some minor blemishes here and there.

#3615 7 years ago

I just saw a BLACK_ROSE thread pop up. He used to be active around here years ago. Seems like a great guy, and I always liked reading his comments. I went through his ratings and found this gem. Thought I'd share. Haha.

Love the movie ,, Would've Loved to have nail'd Dorothy back N the day . WOZ EC LE is Such a unique Pin N Every way .. JJP used ( almost ) every brain cell designing this Pin . My only gripe is the continuous music theme that play's over & Over .. It can burn a Hole in yr Think-n Cap !! I'm Outta here ,, B_R

#3616 7 years ago
Quoted from zachsteffens:

Thanks!

I find WOZ difficult in general to catch the ball, although I've gotten better at it. Usually its just moving too fast, even off the ramps. Anymore i will hold as it comes off the ramp and let the ball jump over to the other flipper (down) where its usually stable enough to get off a decent shot. Coming down into the flippers from the playfield isn't too bad but I find that I do have better results with a deadflip. Still getting the hang of that though as all too often I loose the ball that way.

#3617 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

If this is the only problem with your NIB WOZ75, consider yourself lucky my friend.

#3618 7 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

If this is the only problem with your NIB WOZ75, consider yourself lucky my friend.

Yes ive been reading about your problems. Im blessed compaired to what your dealing with im very sorry. Have you made any progress?

#3619 7 years ago

Hi Everyone -

Some advice needed. Was playing a game on my WoZ standard with factory shaker when something weird started to happen. When triggered, the shaker mades a kind of humming noise and shakes very lightly compared to normal. I took off the shaker cap, and while I am not super familiar with shakers, it all looked pretty normal. The two "lugs" on the side seem to rotate freely. Any idea on what to look for? Is there a menu test for the shaker? Thanks in advance.

#3620 7 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

The two "lugs" on the side seem to rotate freely.

Do you mean loose on the motor shaft ?

LTG : )

#3621 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Do you mean loose on the motor shaft ?
LTG : )

Umm...maybe? I mean the actual blocks that cause the shaker motor to shake. They are not loose on the motor shaft - when I rotate one, the other "block" rotates too. Sorry, never had to dive deep into a shaker motor before so my syntax might be off. So this is odd ... in the coil tests, it shakes fine. No issue, no sound, no hum. When I put it in the throne saucer for instance in a game, the hum/high pitch noise happens and the weak shaker/rumble occurs. I tried changing the shaker strength to high, but same noise/hum and issue. What could cause this? This was never an issue until this evening when I played a couple of games

#3622 7 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

You shouldn't have to respell rescue... but you do have to hit the door 3x to open it.
And if you hit the loop then you will need to respell rescue (either before or after capturing dorothy).

This is a quote from a while back - I am trying to figure out why sometimes I need to respell RESCUE, or to re-light just one or two letters that I had previously hit. The quote above says if you hit the loop you'll need to respell - which loop? I am absolutely terrible at getting the RESCUE multi-ball going, so I'm trying to do it in as few shots as necessary!

#3623 7 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

This is a quote from a while back - I am trying to figure out why sometimes I need to respell RESCUE, or to re-light just one or two letters that I had previously hit. The quote above says if you hit the loop you'll need to respell - which loop? I am absolutely terrible at getting the RESCUE multi-ball going, so I'm trying to do it in as few shots as necessary!

When you spell RESCUE, the loop on the right of the castle playfield is lit green, hitting this adds a rescue lock (e.g. add a ball to the multiball) and requires you to re-spell rescue.

#3624 7 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

The search loop in the castle playfield will reward a single letter in order towards rescue. Also bashing the door and landing in the hole behind the door will award two lettters toward rescue.

Once rescue is all lit, avoid the loop as it will add a lock to the rescue multiball and reset the rescue lights.

To start rescue multiball, with dorothy captured (required), spell rescue and without shooting the loop again (otherwise it will add a lock and reset the lights), bash the door and land in the hole behind it.

Fortunately you can hold the ball up there so you may have better luck slowing down and capturing the ball between shots.

#3625 7 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

I skip trying to spell rescue and go straight to the door, bash it and get it open, then hit the scoop behind the door, each time you hit it, you get a letter, and once spelled you hit it one last time to get rescue MB going.

#3626 7 years ago

Umm...maybe? I mean the actual blocks that cause the shaker motor to shake. They are not loose on the motor shaft - when I rotate one, the other "block" rotates too. Sorry, never had to dive deep into a shaker motor before so my syntax might be off. So this is odd ... in the coil tests, it shakes fine. No issue, no sound, no hum. When I put it in the throne saucer for instance in a game, the hum/high pitch noise happens and the weak shaker/rumble occurs. I tried changing the shaker strength to high, but same noise/hum and issue. What could cause this? This was never an issue until this evening when I played a couple of games

Anyone here have any idea what this can be? I find it strange that it works fine in test, but not during a game.. is that because the coils are pulsed at different strengths? I submitted a message on the JJP website but haven't heard back yet.

#3627 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I skip trying to spell rescue and go straight to the door, bash it and get it open, then hit the scoop behind the door, each time you hit it, you get a letter, and once spelled you hit it one last time to get rescue MB going.

So, you hit the door 3 times and then hit the scoop for a letter? Then do this a total of 6 times to spell rescue?

Then what path do you use to get to Somewhere Over the Rainbow after that?

Cheers!
Adam.

#3628 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Cheers!
Adam.

SWOTR is way way way beyond starting Rescue Multiball and involves not only starting but completing all modes along with mini wizards. A better goal would probably be to melt the witch since it only requires starting modes. For that you need to collect the 4 big gems which are gotten by starting Rescue MB, starting a Munchkin Mode, starting ECMB and Fireball Frenzy.

That starts Battle The Wicked Witch which is a bad ass mode. All green playfield with 2 balls. Shoot the shots until the winki guard goes down, shoot the castle shot and winki will hold that ball for a short period. While that ball is held the music gets super dramatic... shoot the ramp, ball will travel around the house and drop to the upper right flipper... immediately shot the Witch from that flipper and she melts.

#3629 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

MUCH easier to spell rescue via the loop.

#3630 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

So, you hit the door 3 times and then hit the scoop for a letter? Then do this a total of 6 times to spell rescue?
Cheers!
Adam.

The list of what you have to do to complete Rescue Multiball is so crazy you may not believe it - and you have to do THAT (and a whole boat load of other stuff) before you worry about SWOTR!

#3631 7 years ago

Changed up my shooter thanks to PinballPlatingAndMore. Came out great!

IMG_0966 (resized).JPGIMG_0966 (resized).JPG

#3632 7 years ago

Anyone here have any idea what this can be? I find it strange that it works fine in test, but not during a game.. is that because the coils are pulsed at different strengths? I submitted a message on the JJP website but haven't heard back yet.

Does yours have a capacitor on it?

#3633 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Does yours have a capacitor on it?

Umm, not sure. It's a late 2015 build woz standard and this shaker is not aftermarket.

#3634 7 years ago

Umm, not sure. It's a late 2015 build woz standard and this shaker is not aftermarket.

Did you try backing up your scores and reloading the OS?

#3635 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Changed up my shooter thanks to PinballPlatingAndMore. Came out great!

That looks great!

#3636 7 years ago

This is a must have MOD!!!

IMG_9656.JPGIMG_9656.JPG

#3637 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

This is a must have MOD!!!

Congrats!

It changes the game completely!

#3638 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Congrats!
It changes the game completely!

100%

#3639 7 years ago

Shaker...isn't there a power setting?

#3640 7 years ago

Quick question from a new Woz RR owner. Sometimes when I hit the rainbow targets and light them all, the house spins a few revolutions and I get a full LCD screen update of the spins needed for munchkin mode. Is this normal? It doesn't happen every time and I thought the house should only spin when the ramp is made? Does anyone know if this is right or perhaps there is an intermittent problem with the upper switch for making the ramp?

#3641 7 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

Quick question from a new Woz RR owner. Sometimes when I hit the rainbow targets and light them all, the house spins a few revolutions and I get a full LCD screen update of the spins needed for munchkin mode. Is this normal? It doesn't happen every time and I thought the house should only spin when the ramp is made? Does anyone know if this is right or perhaps there is an intermittent problem with the upper switch for making the ramp?

Your intuition is correct, that is not normal. Once you get all the rainbow loghts the house should not start spinning until you make it all the way up the ramp. One of your switches up there may need adjustment or possibly replacement.

Switch test should help you find the culprit pretty easily. With the test screen up try the switches and try jostling the assemblies a bit up there and see what's registering too easily.

#3642 7 years ago

I have an lighting issue that is popping up from time to time. Lights on the lower right half "freeze up", and a restart is required to reset them. Can anyone tell me which board needs to be replaced based on the pics below? I took two pics to show the which lights are freezing up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 9.52.47 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-03-30 at 9.52.47 PM (resized).png

#3643 7 years ago

It looks like something is happening between the "o" and "w" in rainbow. You just might need to reseat a cable. 'Don't have a chart to tell you which one with me but call JJP. Also your Wizard/upper right playfield is lit in one pic and not lit in the other.
Get the chart from JJP and you can trace it back

#3644 7 years ago

If all of the lights are locking on from W6 on then I would guess either W6 has a problem since it is the first light board or the connectors on that board need to be re-seated. W6 is the first light board in the series of lights.

#3645 7 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

I have an lighting issue that is popping up from time to time. Lights on the lower right half "freeze up", and a restart is required to reset them. Can anyone tell me which board needs to be replaced based on the pics below? I took two pics to show the which lights are freezing up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would call JJP. I am having some lights lock on intermittently, and I called yesterday. It sounds like there couple be a few issues to check.

#3646 7 years ago

It looks like board6 just needed to be reseated, but if it happens again I'll call JJP. Thanks for the help.

#3647 7 years ago

Hi All - true WOZ addict here..... I let my WOZLE go about two years ago and have missed that game ever since. I swear my 14yr old has said at least 100 times "when are we getting another WOZ?", and so have friends and family. This game has kinda ruined pinball for me as everything now gets compared to it, and nothing really (maybe MMr)comes close.
Yesterday I said the hell with it and called and ordered a 75th from Jen to get my fix! Can't wait

#3648 7 years ago

If you just ordered it it'll have the 2.0 board! Mr RR is awesome!

#3649 7 years ago

Yes still loving mine after a month now great game.

#3650 7 years ago

What number do you have?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Wanted
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 16.95
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.