BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 305.
#3501 7 years ago

Uhm, no I haven't... Good idea before I go any further.... Thank you!

#3502 7 years ago

Oh yeah, with the new lighting system wire routes are probably different. Take some good pictures as you go, Cliffy might be able to use them to update the installation guides.

#3503 7 years ago

Uhg, sorry didn't see your comment until now. Only pics I too were before and after. Only did the Munchkin playfield so far. The removal directions did not change from the latest version and are incorrect, but as I was pulling that playfield out I found the communication cable, it's there! Well that part is done!

IMG_0717 (resized).JPGIMG_0717 (resized).JPG

#3504 7 years ago

Anyone tried the new Woz 6.11 beta code yet?

#3505 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Yeah, i'm running it. Its really awesome that they are still updating the code!

#3506 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

It's running fine, no issues so far.

#3507 7 years ago

Finally got around to this on Sunday, thanks for the great tip! Thanks again DCFAN , add me to your list of assisted WoZ owners.

Unfortunately, being all thumbs, I shot the spring that pulls the arm down somewhere into the ether. Family search for about an hour yielded nothing, short of tearing the play field down, it's gone for good.

I have a call into JJP, otherwise any ideas where to source a spring? Local ACE hardware the springs that have were way too weak.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3508 7 years ago

What is the easiest way to rack up a lot of points on WOZ? I am just a mediocre player and have only scored a high of 333,000 after around 50 games. I'd like to crack a million. What is the fastest way to do this? I don't care about progression through the game for this particular goal.

#3509 7 years ago

Its all about stacking. When you get multiball and you get ramp shot for twister, focus on that not other balls get munchkinland going with multiball and others crystal ball. First ball on a game i played tonight was 455,000 . I sucked it up on other 2balls finished with a 520,000 something. Im still learning to just got my rr last week

#3510 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Yeah, i'm running it. Its really awesome that they are still updating the code!

How did you get the beta? Does it have any new features?

#3511 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

What is the easiest way to rack up a lot of points on WOZ? I am just a mediocre player and have only scored a high of 333,000 after around 50 games. I'd like to crack a million. What is the fastest way to do this? I don't care about progression through the game for this particular goal.

There are some tips here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-strategies-for-points-and-for-the-quest

#3512 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

How did you get the beta? Does it have any new features?

Its available through the owners group. Keith asked that we keep discussions about the beta there which is understandable as he can't be expected to follow feedback from all over the place. If you need in contact Jen.

I'll say that there no new game modes/rules or anything like that but there is a new play mode along with some other great little polishing touches and a few bug & exploit fixes. All in all its a pretty awesome update.

Thank you Keith & JJP for remaining committed to continually improving games even though by all accounts the code is 100%! Just making it 110%

#3513 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Its all about stacking. When you get multiball and you get ramp shot for twister, focus on that not other balls get munchkinland going with multiball and others crystal ball. First ball on a game i played tonight was 455,000 . I sucked it up on other 2balls finished with a 520,000 something. Im still learning to just got my rr last week

Thank you! I had a first ball with Rescue, Emerald City and Haunted Forest Multiballs and went crazy for about 760,000 points then my next two balls sucked and I ended with 806,000 and change! Not yet a million but more than double my previous high!

#3514 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Thank you! I had a first ball with Rescue, Emerald City and Haunted Forest Multiballs and went crazy for about 760,000 points then my next two balls sucked and I ended with 806,000 and change! Not yet a million but more than double my previous high!

Great! By the way, it took me 7+ months to break a million, and I've only done it once. I'm just average, but that game was a blast.

#3515 7 years ago

Even knowing how to do it, being an average player myself its still pretty rare for me to break a million but those are awesome games when I do!

#3516 7 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The only other thing I can add is to make sure to get the Cliffy Munchinkin Land mini playfield protector installed as soon as possible. You will be glad you did.

I wonder if there's something wrong with my WOZ. I've had it for 18 months and it's been played plenty, but nobody has ever been able to lob a ball to hit the edge of the Munchkin Land playfield.

#3517 7 years ago

Its lightning fast and I have never observed it with the naked eye yet my cliffy has tons of impact marks.

#3518 7 years ago
Quoted from redacted:

I wonder if there's something wrong with my WOZ. I've had it for 18 months and it's been played plenty, but nobody has ever been able to lob a ball to hit the edge of the Munchkin Land playfield.

It bounces off the Glinda target or ramp edge and hits the edge of the munchkin playfield.

#3519 7 years ago

I have a hard time with you saying you don't have any impact damage or chips. Mine chipped in two weeks. Look closely at the munchkin field near the Glenda target. While waiting on Cliffy's I got a second chip. Just installed the Cliffy's and wish I would have put that one on before play one. If you don't have any chips consider yourself lucky and order the Cliffy's now! Pain in the butt to install but completely worth it. BTW I must really suck at playing this game. My high score is only about 229,000. After reading all the scores I'm trying to improve my scores. Can only play a few games a day with two kids and working 60-70 hours a week and fixing everything that breaks around the house...

#3520 7 years ago
Quoted from redacted:

Congratulations,
Please ignore my suggestion.

#3521 7 years ago

when ordering your fire pots were they assembled for you or in different pieces?

#3522 7 years ago

The plastic part was one piece, the lights and wires were separate parts. Mailman sit on yours perhaps?

#3523 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

The plastic part was one piece, the lights and wires were separate parts. Mailman sit on yours perhaps?

Thanks. Looks to be that way, but nothing I can't glue back together

#3524 7 years ago

Earlier in the thread I read someone protected the mini munchkin playfield with something other than the Cliffy. I'm a big fan of cliffys, but the difficulty to install on this one has me shying away. I don't like drilling playfields at all. Anyone have any thoughts?

#3525 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Earlier in the thread I read someone protected the mini munchkin playfield with something other than the Cliffy. I'm a big fan of cliffys, but the difficulty to install on this one has me shying away. I don't like drilling playfields at all. Anyone have any thoughts?

I think someone said that they might have put some weather stripping on as a temporary measure until they got their cliffy, but I could be making that up.

Frankly, you should bite the bullet and install the cliffy. The piece of mind alone once it is done is worth it. I'm like you. I get extremely nervous about these types of things. And, despite what others said about this not being so bad, I found it pretty difficult. But, I don't have a lot of experience. Still, I got through it. Just follow the instructions and take it slow. When you put everything back together, double check the placement of the wires under the playfield. Make sure they are clear of the munchkinland flipper or it could affect the lights when you flip. Again, you'll feel better when you do this. Believe me, if I can get through it, anyone can.

#3526 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I know one local owner of a ECLE that put Mylar strips on the edge of his and it's still holding up nicely. I don't know what kind of Mylar he used or how many layers but the PF did not appear to be chipped. I think the Cliffy looks good, will protect longer term (just an opinion) and isn't THAT hard to install. Let's face it eventually you'll need to pull that mini PF in order to clean thoroughly underneath it, might as well figure out how to do it now.

#3527 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I think someone said that they might have put some weather stripping on as a temporary measure until they got their cliffy, but I could be making that up.
Frankly, you should bite the bullet and install the cliffy. The piece of mind alone once it is done is worth it. I'm like you. I get extremely nervous about these types of things. And, despite what others said about this not being so bad, I found it pretty difficult. But, I don't have a lot of experience. Still, I got through it. Just follow the instructions and take it slow. When you put everything back together, double check the placement of the wires under the playfield. Make sure they are clear of the munchkinland flipper or it could affect the lights when you flip. Again, you'll feel better when you do this. Believe me, if I can get through it, anyone can.

I know of someone who used the thin 3m double sided tape to hold their cliffy on and it's still holding up very well. Worse case if it falls off just re-tape it back on. The tape was placed along the playfields exposed edge.

#3528 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

While I am somewhat mechanically inclined I have never in my life been into a pinball machine. This was my first experience. As someone in the forum said "just disconnect all the connectors that run to the play field. I did not pull it out 100% but labeled all the connectors as I was removing. (I could have but seemed like more of a pain in the A$$ than it needed to be) Someone said it should take an 1/2 hour, me moving slow and labeling all the connectors took the better part of a couple of hours. I wanted to make sure I didn't make any mistakes. I semi-removed, drilled with tapped bit and no problems. If you're even semi mechanically inclined it's not too bad. Easy, no but doable. I highly recommend the cliffy. Here is a pic of how I labeled the connectors.

WoZ conector labeling (resized).JPGWoZ conector labeling (resized).JPG

#3529 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

You could probably do ok with drop dead foam but it would be uglier than the cliffy.

#3530 7 years ago

I have a flipper issue.

My lower right flipper's power is kind of erratic. On occasion, it feels unusually weak. I've tried to up the flipper power. It helps, but it still has issues.

Think I just need to replace the coil sleeve, go for a full re-build, or something else??

#3531 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Think I just need to replace the coil sleeve, go for a full re-build, or something else??

Easy to remove the coil stop and check coil stop and plunger and coil sleeve for wear.

I'd check the wiring to the coil lugs too.

LTG : )

#3532 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I tried the protector from the modfather, and it immediately started to peel away. I ended up removing it and throwing it in the trash. Ordered a cliffy and it sat in the package for awhile, because I was dreading removing the munchkin playfield. Finally bit the bullet and installed it. It was a lot simpler than I was expecting. If you want help, just let me know and I'll come over and help.

#3533 7 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

While I am somewhat mechanically inclined I have never in my life been into a pinball machine. This was my first experience. As someone in the forum said "just disconnect all the connectors that run to the play field. I did not pull it out 100% but labeled all the connectors as I was removing. (I could have but seemed like more of a pain in the A$$ than it needed to be) Someone said it should take an 1/2 hour, me moving slow and labeling all the connectors took the better part of a couple of hours. I wanted to make sure I didn't make any mistakes. I semi-removed, drilled with tapped bit and no problems. If you're even semi mechanically inclined it's not too bad. Easy, no but doable. I highly recommend the cliffy. Here is a pic of how I labeled the connectors.

Agreed.

Don't be afraid to remove the mini PFs it really isn't that hard just take your time. You will have to pull the mine PFs at some stage if you play it with any frequency. Rubber will break, things will come loose. I had to pull the castle one out twice the other day to adjust something as I didn't get it right the first time. The munchkin cliffy isn't that bad and it is worth it.

#3534 7 years ago

The connectors are all basically already labeled from the facory through one of two methods: connector type/pin count or for identical conmectors there will be a color dot.

I was nervous about removing the munchkin playfield myself even being fairly experienced working on pins but found it to be pretty easy. It took about 30 min in total to remove install cliffy and re-install. Also once you do it once it becomes really quick to remove. I've since had to remove it again and the second time it only took a couple minutes.

Oh, don't be intimidated if you need to cut some ties off of wire bundles. Just have a few zip ties on hand for putting things back when your done.

#3535 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

It's not difficult at all. It's quite easy actually. Very worth doing. Don't go ghetto with tape.

#3536 7 years ago

I agree just did mine this past weekend. Not bad at all magnetic nut drivers help make everything easier. Worst part was tilting playfield to clear flipper bat.

#3537 7 years ago

I JOINED THE CLUB!!!! So excited. Never thought I'd own one of these....like the time I said I never thought I'd own a new in box pinball and bought a Stern AC/DC Pro. "that is crazy money to spend on a pinball. No way will I ever do that!"

Found a WoZ Rescue Edition LE in Australia secondhand. Home use only. Low number of games. It's currently on software version 4.xx and updating tonight. Also has some annoying speaker hum which I intend on fixing. Otherwise.....what a beautiful amazing awesome looking pinball machine jam packed with toys. Wow wow wow....

17191116_1571945349501862_751161038459374313_n (resized).jpg17191116_1571945349501862_751161038459374313_n (resized).jpg

17191366_1571945169501880_4699194463820545570_n (resized).jpg17191366_1571945169501880_4699194463820545570_n (resized).jpg

17190829_1571945259501871_634037900717252740_n (resized).jpg17190829_1571945259501871_634037900717252740_n (resized).jpg

#3538 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

when ordering your fire pots were they assembled for you or in different pieces?

Call or email them, they will send you a new one, no questions asked.
They are THAT good!

#3539 7 years ago

Just installed the "Back Alley Creations" mods on my ECLEWOZ:

http://www.backalleycreations.com/wizard%20of%20oz%20mods.html

Tornado
Walls
Toto

I had the modfather walls, and I have to say they held up beautifully for 3000 games, and were easy to install!
But sadly they were falling apart.

Matt has done an amazing job on all of these sculptures.

Just like in the video on his website, the walls and Toto installed in literally 10 mins.
They are rugged and solid and can take a ball hit easily if necessary.

The brickwork looks really good, natural and realistic.
Toto is just plain cute.

The Tornado was slightly problematic (no video for this one):

Mark holes as he suggests in the ramp (set tornado in place mark through holes with sharpie).
Drill out holes (Put towel under to catch shavings, find a drill bit slightly wider than the screws provided maybe 7 or 9/64ths?)

Installing the screws without taking off the ramp (true laziness...) was a puzzle.

I installed the furthest one in first.
I glued the nylock nut to my finger with a tiny drop of CA glue, twisted the tornado away so that I could get the screw on to it while sticking my finger deep unto the narrow area. I ended up using an ignition wrench ( a tiny socket would also work, I couldnt find mine until after it was done) to hold the nylock nut while carefully turning the screw with my electric drill gun. Then I just twisted the tornado back where it should be, the metal mounting plate snapped into place.

Once that was installed the outer most screw was easy enough (still glued it to my finger first).

After the install it was worth every penny of the amount spent, to see my wife's face after seeing "Her" game's beautiful additions.
She only has one thing to say about Toto, "CUTE, So cute!"
The Tornado with the glass on looks very realistic, I wasnt sure about it until I had it all re-assembled.
She loves every bit of this collection of sculptures.

Thank you so much Matt for having these Mods available to us non-RR version owners!

Next up is Steve's replacement Witch, this really is a must have. I never liked the "Witch in a can" idea.

#3540 7 years ago

Red Smoke Witch Mod is $200 but well worth it. I wish JJP would make it a factory option

#3541 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Red Smoke Witch Mod is $200 but well worth it. I wish JJP would make it a factory option

RRrWOZLE ?

#3542 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I tried the protector from the modfather, and it immediately started to peel away. I ended up removing it and throwing it in the trash. Ordered a cliffy and it sat in the package for awhile, because I was dreading removing the munchkin playfield. Finally bit the bullet and installed it. It was a lot simpler than I was expecting. If you want help, just let me know and I'll come over and help.

You're the man. I may just have to do it.

#3543 7 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Congratulations,
Please ignore my suggestion.

I took a closer look at the Munchkinland edge on my game. It's definitely been hit by the ball next to the ramp entrance, I've just never noticed. You can't see it from the playing position, and it's not very prominent even close up. But it's there.

I also realized that the edge of the mini-playfield could look better. There's an unsightly rind of dried clearcoat on the top edge, and one of the plies has a spot of ugly discoloration as well.

I cannot unsee what I've seen, I need a Cliffy just like everyone else, both for protection and for aesthetic value.

#3544 7 years ago
Quoted from redacted:

I took a closer look at the Munchkinland edge on my game. It's definitely been hit by the ball next to the ramp entrance, I've just never noticed. You can't see it from the playing position, and it's not very prominent even close up. But it's there.
I also realized that the edge of the mini-playfield could look better. There's an unsightly rind of dried clearcoat on the top edge, and one of the plies has a spot of ugly discoloration as well.
I cannot unsee what I've seen, I need a Cliffy just like everyone else, both for protection and for aesthetic value.

Man, now I might have to look...

#3545 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Man, now I might have to look...

It's bad to read pinside and then look at things on your game. I've discovered so many issues that way that I never knew were there . . . .

#3546 7 years ago

Conversely I've discovered many opportunities to bring my games to peak playing conditions.

#3547 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Easy to remove the coil stop and check coil stop and plunger and coil sleeve for wear.
I'd check the wiring to the coil lugs too.

I manually cycled the flippers with the power off. There's definitely some resistance, or friction, in the coil on the right flipper compared to the left.

Does anyone have a B/W cross on a part number of the coil sleeve for the flipper coils??

#3548 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Does anyone have a B/W cross on a part number of the coil sleeve

Before ordering parts, check the plunger end for wear. If sharp or mushroomed you need plunger assembly, coil stop, and coil sleeve.

#3549 7 years ago

I have not been able to get a single "RESCUE" on the upper castle pf. Appears my upper flipper is not resting at full back hindering my power. Any recommendations? Here's a pic.

IMG_0736 (resized).JPGIMG_0736 (resized).JPG

#3550 7 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

I have not been able to get a single "RESCUE" on the upper castle pf. Appears my upper flipper is not resting at full back hindering my power. Any recommendations? Here's a pic.

Check your coil stop. The screws fell out of mine. If the same happened to you then you'll have to pull the castle mini to get at it.

If you do have to pull the castle mini, take the opportunity to clean and wax back there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 91.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.