Topic Stats

• 10,006 posts
  • 541 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by TomN
  • Topic is favorited by 241 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,366 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Ball1 (resized).jpg
Screen (resized).jpg
Ball2 (resized).jpg
Screen2 (resized).jpg
52707863-FA40-4711-B0D6-A86FC912615C (resized).png
9E8A673B-D4AB-4D24-8ED8-FC55FCA034A0 (resized).jpeg
1DBF8770-DEB3-41A6-8DCD-B36943B16F21 (resized).jpeg
049469D1-DFE5-43B1-B5C7-41D3E0C289E8 (resized).jpeg
20200304_084910 (resized).jpg
C8C6E50A-7579-481C-A043-0E525F8E6A9F (resized).jpeg
Wizard of Oz Escape 094 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 081 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 064(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 052(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 046(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 037(1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10006 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 201.
#3451 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

And just to add, the WOZ 2.0 lighting is based on the Hobbit system but it is not identical to the Hobbit system. That is, it is not wire for wire, board for board the Hobbit system. It is more a derivative of the Hobbit setup. I doubt that clears anything up but I tried.

I can't see JJP investing the resources in developing a derivative of the Hobbit system for WoZ unless there was a very large improvement to be had. Yet another reason to push for JJP making a kit.

#3452 3 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

The code update is already in the wild. All WoZ games made after 12/15/16 already have the 2.0 lamp board system in them. Which means the code on these machines supports it. So that's a non-issue. It's the hardware and wiring changes that are the issue.
If JJP introduced an update kit for $500 I would be all over it. Or maybe even $750 if I knew that it would reduce the likelihood of lamp board issues on my game by 95%. Granted I am a second owner of a very early game. But I have *already* had to replace one lamp board in the first 2 weeks of owning the game. Fortunately the prior owner included some spares with the game.

Cool! The majority of WOZ owners are before 12/15/16 though, so the market to make additional updates to support a harness would apply to maybe a hundred people or so wanting to do it, the real money maker would be to create code or hardware update to work with older models

#3453 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Cool! The majority of WOZ owners are before 12/15/16 though, so the market to make additional updates to support a harness would apply to maybe a hundred people or so wanting to do it, the real money maker would be to create code or hardware update to work with older models

I think the real money maker - at least for the long term - is the goodwill and positive impression it would make in the community for JJP. Not to say they don't already have a positive impression, but this would certainly add to it.

I mean let's face it. If you are thinking about buying title X from a company who has had issues with taking care of their customers lately versus title Z from JJP who has a great reputation of taking care of their customers - even out of warranty - I know which game I would buy, right?

#3454 3 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

I think the real money maker - at least for the long term - is the goodwill and positive impression it would make in the community for JJP. Not to say they don't already have a positive impression, but this would certainly add to it.
I mean let's face it. If you are thinking about buying title X from a company who has had issues with taking care of their customers lately versus title Z from JJP who has a great reputation of taking care of their customers - even out of warranty - I know which game I would buy, right?

That's why I do not buy NIB Stern anymore and I will be buying a TH later and most likely be in on a preorder JJP#4

#3455 3 years ago

WOZ has technically supported 2.0 lighting (well, both light systems) since the last ISO update (6.06), though the lamp ordering changed since that release, hence 6.10 exists. There is a WOZ update in the works that should hit beta this week that will get the corrected lamp order out for everyone as well as some extra goodies.

#3456 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

WOZ has technically supported 2.0 lighting (well, both light systems) since the last ISO update (6.06), though the lamp ordering changed since that release, hence 6.10 exists. There is a WOZ update in the works that should hit beta this week that will get the corrected lamp order out for everyone as well as some extra goodies.

Woohoo!

Thanks for chiming in Keith! Updates always appreciated!

Now how do we go about updating older games with 2.0 lighting system since it's just a hardware and wiring issue. Heck, I can make my own CAT cables.. Just need the boards and information on how to wire the BAG board and Comms Hub board. And if there is some type of update required for the power driver board.

I love my game.. I just don't want to have to constantly worry if this is the day another lamp board fails. Hence my pining for an update kit.

All of my games keep me coming back for more - for the most part. But WoZ always keeps me coming back for "just one more" even when I know I don't have time....

I have another game that does that too.. LOTR... I can't remember who wrote the software for that one though..

#3457 3 years ago

WOW! just WOW!

#3458 3 years ago

Awesome! Can't wait for the extra goodies.

For those of us with the older system, what does the lamp ordering change mean? Perhaps we need to wait and see . . . .

#3459 3 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Now how do we go about updating older games with 2.0 lighting system since it's just a hardware and wiring issue. Heck, I can make my own CAT cables.. Just need the boards and information on how to wire the BAG board and Comms Hub board. And if there is some type of update required for the power driver board.

Every lamp board (and, afaik, cable) has to be replaced. This is not for the faint of heart. It is likely a minimum of an 8 hour or so task. I have no idea if they're even offering to sell 2.0 lighting kits or not.

You wouldn't really have to change your io board, just plug the usb cable that goes into the lighting section into the bag board instead.

Quoted from Nokoro:

For those of us with the older system, what does the lamp ordering change mean? Perhaps we need to wait and see

Nothing. There was 1 prototype set of woz 2.0 lighting boards made, then when the boards were released to production, the ordering was different from prototype to release. 6.06 supports the prototype ordering. Both are different from 1.x lamp ordering. Just an addressing issue, that's all. You could run a 2.0 lighting oz with 6.06, but the lamps would not be lighting up in their intended manner (e.g., the game might be thinking it's blinking the YBR #1 lamp, but really it's shoot again).

#3460 3 years ago

Nothing. There was 1 prototype set of woz 2.0 lighting boards made, then when the boards were released to production, the ordering was different from prototype to release. 6.06 supports the prototype ordering. Both are different from 1.x lamp ordering. Just an addressing issue, that's all. You could run a 2.0 lighting oz with 6.06, but the lamps would not be lighting up in their intended manner (e.g., the game might be thinking it's blinking the YBR #1 lamp, but really it's shoot again).

Ok. So those of us with the old lighting system (before 2.0) won't notice anything. But, we can still do the code update and enjoy the new features, is that right?

#3461 3 years ago

Basically that's right. Not that I'm trying to speak for Keith.

#3462 3 years ago

As soon as the new code comes out I'll do a marathon stream.

boomgo_pinball

#3463 3 years ago

Every lamp board (and, afaik, cable) has to be replaced. This is not for the faint of heart. It is likely a minimum of an 8 hour or so task. I have no idea if they're even offering to sell 2.0 lighting kits or not.
You wouldn't really have to change your io board, just plug the usb cable that goes into the lighting section into the bag board instead.

Word so far is no update kit available..

As I posted earlier I am hoping that JJP makes a kit available for the older games, for a variety of reasons. I am also hoping they make it available at a subsidized cost to make it affordable in order to help all the owners of previous games who have gone down the lamp board issue road. I am not advocating free.. But $500 would be an ideal price point. I think even $750 would be worth it to a certain number of owners.

Granted, not everyone will have the technical ability to accomplish an upgrade like this, but for those of us who are well versed in restoring games, or are capable of installing a cleared playfield or replacement blank playfield, an upgrade like this is not that hard of a task.

All that being said I - and I hope quite few other people - are hoping a kit gets developed so we can breathe a sigh of relief regarding WoZ lamp board issues.. I love my game, but I would love to no longer have the worry that when I fire up my game to play it that I have yet another lamp board issue.

I think what we need to get a upgrade kit done is someone advocating from the inside. We can post on Pinside all we want, phone Frank and Victor in tech support over and over and bang on the castle gate, but nothing will happen until someone inside JJP says "Hey, maybe we should put together a kit for WoZ 1.0 owners and make it reasonably priced." Who that will be is anyone's guess but the seed needs to be planted somewhere.

#3464 3 years ago

Just got my rr toinght 2.0 build date 2/7/17

1488350590609-1251707896 (resized).jpg

#3465 3 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Congrats! Welcome to the club! She's a bueaty for sure. Last couple weeks been playing mine quite a bit. It's amazing to be about 10 months in and not even the slightest bit tired of it. I'm starting to think it is one of if not the greatest game of all time (to date).

Really looking forward to the upcoming update Keith has teased us with too. I mean common!? What other game gets updates this far in? Talk about passion!

#3466 3 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Sweet looking game!

I would love to be able to take a look at one of the WoZ 2.0 games in person. It looks like the GIs with the new lamp board system are much improved.

#3467 3 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

, but nothing will happen until someone inside JJP says "Hey, maybe we should put together a kit for WoZ 1.0 owners and make it reasonably priced." Who that will be is anyone's guess but the seed needs to be planted somewhere.

Talk to Jack at shows.

LTG : )

#3468 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Talk to Jack at shows.

Good idea Lloyd..

Hopefully he will make an appearance at the Northwest show this year.. Then I'll ask him about it.

#3469 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Special Guest Announcement: Jack Guarnieri and Butch Peel!

The world premiere of Jersey Jack Pinball's Wizard of Oz machine happened at our 2012 show, when the game was snuck in under a sheet and appeared the next day to the public, along with a talk about the game. Today Jersey Jack Pinball has grown into a large pinball company producing The Hobbit, WOZ and soon the new Dialed In. We are happy to have Jack Guarnieri and Butch Peel returning for our 10th show and to get a chance to play their new game!

It looks like he will be at the NW show this year.

#3470 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

It looks like he will be at the NW show this year.

Nice!

Will be cool to give Dialed In a whirl.

#3471 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

That's why I do not buy NIB Stern anymore and I will be buying a TH later and most likely be in on a preorder JJP#4

The more time that goes by, the more I enjoy my JJP pins and the more confidence I get in JJP. Stern is going to be playing catch up very soon. I might go broke buying an LE of every new JJP pin.

Quoted from Schabs81:

I am jealous that it is even never than my 2/1/17 WOZRR75.

#3472 3 years ago

Getting into the light issue discussions here, Is there any gi troubleshooting that an owner can do? I've got a few gi lights that show different colors other than white when in test mode. Is there a thread or some sort of flow chart to follow, or just go ahead and make a call to tech support? Thanks for any info!

#3473 3 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Getting into the light issue discussions here, Is there any gi troubleshooting that an owner can do? I've got a few gi lights that show different colors other than white when in test mode. Is there a thread or some sort of flow chart to follow, or just go ahead and make a call to tech support? Thanks for any info!

Go in to test mode and cycle through the colors in the test. If any of the LEDs on the lamp boards do not show the correct colors as shown on the LCD then that lamp board is bad.

If you are accomplished at soldering, you can check the board for cold solder joints. I have heard of a few boards fixed this way.

#3474 3 years ago

And the light boards are covered by warranty for 1 year (which is pretty awesome).

#3475 3 years ago

Some of my GI boards worked fine in test but intermittently didn't display white during game play.

#3476 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

The more time that goes by, the more I enjoy my JJP pins and the more confidence I get in JJP. Stern is going to be playing catch up very soon. I might go broke buying an LE of every new JJP pin.

I am jealous that it is even newer than my 2/1/17 WOZRR75.

Not as jealous as ME. Bought a NIB WOZRR75 2 weeks ago, over the phone, from a large distributor in CT. Stated explicitly that I was ONLY interested in purchasing a NIB with a Build Date on/after 12/15/16. Was told absolutely 100% that's what they have and that's what I would get. NIB shows up with 11/10/16 stamped on the box. I call distributor and they change their tune & tell me they can't control which box gets pulled from the warehouse. Wouldn't have bothered me TOO much, except I am having A TON of issues with this particular unit. No exaggeration. No need to bitch & complain about the specifics, but I will say that JJP has been GREAT so far in doing everything they possibly can (short of sending me a replacement machine to swap out) to try and get this m-f'ing lemon of a pinball working. They have even offered to send a local tech out to my place, on their dime. Really 'above & beyond' customer/tech support from JJP. It's the only reason I'm not freaking out right now. I've had my NIB WOZRR75 for 11 days, and I've only been able to enjoy it for maybe 2-3 hours. As of right now, it's completely unplayable, and I'm waiting for a box of replacement parts to arrive.
So yeah......NOT AS JEALOUS AS ME!!! :'(

#3477 3 years ago

I would be seriously pissed at that distributor and would certainly never use them again. It would feel to me like a bait and swith. If it was just verbal on the phone though it would be tough to hold them to it though At least now you know what their word is worth and glad to hear that JJP is treating you right (nobody here would be surby that part, JJP service is tops).

#3478 3 years ago

I AM pretty pissed at the distributor, but I honestly don't believe they intentionally lied to me. I think the person who took my order over the phone just couldn't be bothered to double-check with the warehouse to make sure they gave me the one I wanted. She just took my order, and the warehouse just grabbed the closest one. I just got really mad at them when I wrote to them about the issue, and the same lady now told me they have no control over which box I get....then she tried to tell me the date isn't stamped on the box (BS!) and it doesn't matter anyway because the one they sent me (build date 11/10/16) is the latest build. I showed her the page from the WOZ Manual about the 2.0 Lighting System and the 12/15/16 date.....I told her she had no reason to know all that but I DID and that's why I specifically stated I wanted to purchase only a newer one, and that's why I'm very upset, because the one they sent me, which I didn't want in the first place, is a complete and total LEMON! Haven't heard back from them since that. Yeah...I won't be purchasing anything from them again. Sigh.

#3479 3 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Not as jealous as ME. Bought a NIB WOZRR75 2 weeks ago, over the phone, from a large distributor in CT. Stated explicitly that I was ONLY interested in purchasing a NIB with a Build Date on/after 12/15/16. Was told absolutely 100% that's what they have and that's what I would get. NIB shows up with 11/10/16 stamped on the box. I call distributor and they change their tune & tell me they can't control which box gets pulled from the warehouse. Wouldn't have bothered me TOO much, except I am having A TON of issues with this particular unit. No exaggeration. No need to bitch & complain about the specifics, but I will say that JJP has been GREAT so far in doing everything they possibly can (short of sending me a replacement machine to swap out) to try and get this m-f'ing lemon of a pinball working. They have even offered to send a local tech out to my place, on their dime. Really 'above & beyond' customer/tech support from JJP. It's the only reason I'm not freaking out right now. I've had my NIB WOZRR75 for 11 days, and I've only been able to enjoy it for maybe 2-3 hours. As of right now, it's completely unplayable, and I'm waiting for a box of replacement parts to arrive.

I would have never accepted the game if Mike at automated agreed to sell you a different dated machine than he agreed to on purchase. I had the same issues if not more with my 11/25 made 75th. Mike doesn't want to here of any issues, When I first called and complained about the issues out of the box he actually got an attitude over the phone with me. That said, JJP has been great and finally got my machine up and running 100%

#3480 3 years ago

END RANT.

Sorry, everyone. Been holding my breath on this all week and really needed to vent.

Just want to be clear.....JJP has been great and I appreciate everything they are doing for me. I realize how complicated these machines are to make, and stuff happens. I don't have a single bad thing to say about JJP and my WOZ is seriously ffffffff'ed up (for a NIB, I mean). But I am still confident they will get it all sorted out.

#3481 3 years ago

I bought my Hobbit Smaug NIB on eBay and it was a total lemon with a ton of problems. I was so frustrated that I really thought they were going to have to send me a new game. JJP was similarly great to me with it. I bought my WOZRR direct from JJP with playfield protector so I knew it would be a brand new game.

#3482 3 years ago

END RANT.
Sorry, everyone. Been holding my breath on this all week and really needed to vent.
Just want to be clear.....JJP has been great and I appreciate everything they are doing for me. I realize how complicated these machines are to make, and stuff happens. I don't have a single bad thing to say about JJP and my WOZ is seriously ffffffff'ed up (for a NIB, I mean). But I am still confident they will get it all sorted out.

Dude,
I think we all have empathy for your situation. This could have been anyone of us in your situation and I think it puts a damper on potential future sales to hear stories like this. Just to be clear I don't know you but I believe you. If what you say is true (and I think it is) you should out that distributor by name and help the rest of us avoid getting abused like you did. It seems to me that this huge disti needs a wake up call. They should have sent you what you ordered or made it right not just moved whatever they had in the warehouse and then leave it to JJP. JJP should be concerned about this kind of shoddy business practice as well. This machine is super pricey you shouldn't have to bend over when you are paying that kind of dough.

- whew - wipes sweat from brow and waits for heart rate to return to normal.

There are two very positive things here:
First, once the dust clears you are going to have an amazing pinball machine that will give you years of enjoyment.
Second, JJP takes care of its customers. I don't know of any manufacturer that will work harder to get your game fixed and keep it running than JJP. Great games, great service, great company.
Second, part 2 you have LTG who is an amazing and tireless resource.

#3483 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Dude,
I think we all have empathy for your situation. This could have been anyone of us in your situation and I think it puts a damper on potential future sales to hear stories like this. Just to be clear I don't know you but I believe you. If what you say is true (and I think it is) you should out that distributor by name and help the rest of us avoid getting abused like you did. It seems to me that this huge disti needs a wake up call. They should have sent you what you ordered or made it right not just moved whatever they had in the warehouse and then leave it to JJP. JJP should be concerned about this kind of shoddy business practice as well. This machine is super pricey you shouldn't have to bend over when you are paying that kind of dough.
- whew - wipes sweat from brow and waits for heart rate to return to normal.
There are two very positive things here:
First, once the dust clears you are going to have an amazing pinball machine that will give you years of enjoyment.
Second, JJP takes care of its customers. I don't know of any manufacturer that will work harder to get your game fixed and keep it running than JJP. Great games, great service, great company.
Second, part 2 you have LTG who is an amazing and tireless resource.

Thank you very much for saying all that, @jletourn. I'm new here, and really not trying to start trouble, or do a bunch of bitching & moaning. It is what it is. Also, I'm aware that some of the people helping me from JJP are on these forums, and so I reeeeally want to be careful not to come across as some ungrateful d'bag. I can't say it enough.....everyone at JJP who I have spoken to have been incredibly friendly and helpful. I even sent an email to Jack, just to introduce myself and hopefully bring my situation to his attention, and he replied to me within MINUTES. I could not ask for better customer care & support from a company. REALLY.

As for the distributor.....while it was not my original intent to 'out' them in this forum (although I did drop a clue!), I agree with what you are saying, and if sharing this can aid anyone in future dealings with them, that's worth it to me. I purchased this pin from Automated Services LLC, aka Pinballs.com. In my last message to the lady who took my order, I made a point to say that I don't EXPECT them to do anything to make this right, and I just want them to know how thoroughly unhappy I am that I wasn't sent the item they SPECIFICALLY TOLD ME I was purchasing. I accepted delivery on good faith anyway, not wanting to make a huge issue out of it....because THESE THINGS HAPPEN. But in light of the unusual number of issues this particular unit has....I feel pretty screwed.
......And I haven't heard back from Automated since. They heard the words "I don't EXPECT anything" from them, and they really took it to heart. That's ok.
AGAIN, I know JJP will continue to work with me to get everything sorted out. They are the best. THE BEST.
And that's my story.

#3484 3 years ago

^^^^^^^ Thanks for sharing your story and being willing to help all of us avoid a similar fate.
I have an original RR75thWOZ and have been contemplating getting one of the Rev 2 versions as a backup because this is the best pinball machine I have ever played IMHO. Your story has made me rethink my approach and I will definitely wait for now as a result.

The only other thing I can add is to make sure to get the Cliffy Munchinkin Land mini playfield protector installed as soon as possible. You will be glad you did.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/WOZ.htm

#3485 3 years ago

The summarize,

Even though this machine has been out for a few years JJP still builds a machine that can have poor initial quality (or they have a poor QA department for not catching these issues before they leave the factory) and took 3ish years to build WOZ machines with light boards that are finally appropriately designed even though they recognized the problem and started building another pin with the well designed boards a year ago.

Just saying....seems like you keep giving JJP a total pass because they are nice and honor their warranty. Don't forget, Hyundai started their 10 year warranty because the quality wasn't there.

And Automated doesn't honor verbal agreements so make sure that if you work with them that everything is in writing, or don't go with them at all because their customer service appears to be lacking.

Did I get that right?

#3486 3 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

The summarize,
Even though this machine has been out for a few years JJP still builds a machine that can have poor initial quality (or they have a poor QA department for not catching these issues before they leave the factory) and took 3ish years to build WOZ machines with light boards that are finally appropriately designed even though they recognized the problem and started building another pin with the well designed boards a year ago.
Just saying....seems like you keep giving JJP a total pass because they are nice and honor their warranty. Don't forget, Hyundai started their 10 year warranty because the quality wasn't there.
And Automated doesn't honor verbal agreements so make sure that if you work with them that everything is in writing, or don't go with them at all because their customer service appears to be lacking.
Did I get that right?

To answer your question, no.

#3487 3 years ago

i don't expect anything from a manufacturer once the warranty runs out, but I'm not going to pretend that a crappy design is a good design. A pinball machine is a wear and tear item, but an LED lighting system doesn't get much wear and tear. This is a flat out manufacturers defect based on design and the one year warranty is very arbitrary. If you have the poor design, it's only a matter of time. Some will happen within warranty and some won't, but these machines are still infants in the pinball world and this problem can't be fixed by looking for the burnt connector or replacing some simple component. This problem will blemish and devalue these early machines for many years to come if an upgrade at a reasonable price isn't developed. You can only keep replacing crap with crap as long as the crap is still available and it won't be forever.

JJP is doing a good job of being nice which keeps the heat off, but that doesn't change anything about what I just said.

it looks to me like the average selling price of an ECLE has dropped from $8000 to $7500 over the last 6 months. The initial depreciation should have already ended. How many other pins that you own have last that kind of value recently?

#3488 3 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

i don't expect anything from a manufacturer once the warranty runs out, but I'm not going to pretend that a crappy design is a good design. A pinball machine is a wear and tear item, but an LED lighting system doesn't get much wear and tear. This is a flat out manufacturers defect based on design and the one year warranty is very arbitrary. If you have the poor design, it's only a matter of time. Some will happen within warranty and some won't, but these machines are still infants in the pinball world and this problem can't be fixed by looking for the burnt connector or replacing some simple component. This problem will blemish and devalue these early machines for many years to come if an upgrade at a reasonable price isn't developed. You can only keep replacing crap with crap as long as the crap is still available and it won't be forever.

While I don't like to have a negative attitude about things, what you just said above is true. Which is why I have started politely banging the drum about an update kit. Even if it costs some money to do it will be worth it.

I agree that eventually first generation lamp boards will no longer be available. The supply of parts will dry up and it's highly unlikely JJP will run more of them to service what will be 10 year old machines at that point. Especially since that system has been deprecated.

#3489 3 years ago

Thank you very much for saying all that, jletourn. I'm new here, and really not trying to start trouble, or do a bunch of bitching & moaning. It is what it is. Also, I'm aware that some of the people helping me from JJP are on these forums, and so I reeeeally want to be careful not to come across as some ungrateful d'bag. I can't say it enough.....everyone at JJP who I have spoken to have been incredibly friendly and helpful. I even sent an email to Jack, just to introduce myself and hopefully bring my situation to his attention, and he replied to me within MINUTES. I could not ask for better customer care & support from a company. REALLY.
As for the distributor.....while it was not my original intent to 'out' them in this forum (although I did drop a clue!), I agree with what you are saying, and if sharing this can aid anyone in future dealings with them, that's worth it to me. I purchased this pin from Automated Services LLC, aka Pinballs.com. In my last message to the lady who took my order, I made a point to say that I don't EXPECT them to do anything to make this right, and I just want them to know how thoroughly unhappy I am that I wasn't sent the item they SPECIFICALLY TOLD ME I was purchasing. I accepted delivery on good faith anyway, not wanting to make a huge issue out of it....because THESE THINGS HAPPEN. But in light of the unusual number of issues this particular unit has....I feel pretty screwed.
......And I haven't heard back from Automated since. They heard the words "I don't EXPECT anything" from them, and they really took it to heart. That's ok.
AGAIN, I know JJP will continue to work with me to get everything sorted out. They are the best. THE BEST.
And that's my story.

moonduckie, I'm really sorry for your experience, and if I were you, I would be pissed too.

I don't mean to take anything away from that, but I do want to offer a contrary view of Automated Services. I bought my RR75th through them and had a great experience. I called Mike the owner in advance and asked a lot of questions. He always took my calls right away; I never had to wait for him to call me back. The delivery was flawless. And, when there were a couple of issues that came up after delivery, I emailed Mike, got an immediate response, and he fixed things. I later ran into him at Pintastic, introduced myself and thanked him for the customer service. He hugged me. (I was a little surprised by that, but it was a nice gesture that I took to mean that he really cares about his customers.)

Perhaps the problem you experienced resulted from dealing with someone else there. My sense of Mike is that if he gives his word, he will follow through.

I don't mean to turn this WOZ fan club thread into a debate about distributors. I just wanted to let people know that there may be another side to Automated. My suggestion to you would be to call Mike personally and tell him about your experience. I'm not sure he can completely fix it since the game has been opened and played, but he might be able to make it up to you in other ways. At a minimum, he should know about the experience so he can prevent it from happening in the future.

#3490 3 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

I agree that eventually first generation lamp boards will no longer be available. The supply of parts will dry up and it's highly unlikely JJP will run more of them to service what will be 10 year old machines at that point. Especially since that system has been deprecated.

I'm not so sure about this. There were thousands of WOZs sold with the old board system. I have to think that JJP is not going to abandon those customers, now or in the future. And, if they are no longer around as a company, someone else will make boards to help all of those owners out. It is too large of a market to just stop servicing.

#3491 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

He hugged me. (I was a little surprised by that, but it was a nice gesture that I took to mean that he really cares about his customers.)

That made me laugh.

#3492 3 years ago

I reeeeally want to be careful not to come across as some ungrateful d'bag.

You aren't. You didn't get what you paid for.

And I haven't heard back from Automated

Call them. Insist on talking to Mike Daddona.

#3493 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thanks ltg. I'm gonna try that on Monday. Can't hurt. WOZ was actually the SECOND pin I bought from them in February. I would think they'd appreciate the repeat business a little bit more.

#3494 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You aren't. You didn't get what you paid for.

LLoyd,
You are such a stud!
I volunteer to be president of the LTG fanclub.

#3495 3 years ago

Automated = meh. When I got my ECLE and had some issues with the SSD and Trough boards (we're talking 3+ years ago) I emailed JJP and Mike@automated. JJP was very responsive (Jack himself even reached out) and NADA from Mike at all. He was REALLY responsive before the sale though, lol.

(to give him the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he was just behind on emails, still rubbed me the wrong way)

#3496 3 years ago

Need some help on my WoZ Munchkin land Cliffy install. #1 does the playfield tilt up anymore to give easier acces? #2 I don't see a 4 pin white/gray connector or the 2 pin violet/black connector per WoZ manual page e-4.

IMG_0703 (resized).JPG

IMG_0711 (resized).JPG

IMG_0710 (resized).JPG

#3497 3 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

Need some help on my WoZ Munchkin land Cliffy install. #1 does the playfield tilt up anymore to give easier acces? #2 I don't see a 4 pin white/gray connector or the 2 pin violet/black connector per WoZ manual page e-4.

The playfield pulls all the way out and then stands up leaning against the backbox.

The violet/black wire does not have a connector under the playfield. It disconnects from the lamp board under the rainbow plastic.

To make it easier just disconnect everything that goes up through that hole.

#3498 3 years ago

Ok, going through disconnecting everything I can find coonected. Do you have to unplug the 3 pin orange/black connector or the red brown and blue on the board?

IMG_0716 (resized).JPG

#3499 3 years ago

I also don't see a need to disconnect the data cable on the main board, does not run where the manual says it does.

image (resized).jpg

#3500 3 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

does not run where the manual says it does.

Have you downloaded the latest WOZ manual ? Rear section has the new lighting in it.

http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com/downloads/woz/Wizard_of_Oz_Manual_3_5_Dec_2016.pdf

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.95
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 11,500.00
There are 10006 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside