Topic Stats

• 10,027 posts
  • 541 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Wanderers
  • Topic is favorited by 241 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,367 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ADAF00D1-AA88-4CBA-B5F5-635F4E407046 (resized).jpeg
Ball1 (resized).jpg
Screen (resized).jpg
Ball2 (resized).jpg
Screen2 (resized).jpg
52707863-FA40-4711-B0D6-A86FC912615C (resized).png
9E8A673B-D4AB-4D24-8ED8-FC55FCA034A0 (resized).jpeg
1DBF8770-DEB3-41A6-8DCD-B36943B16F21 (resized).jpeg
049469D1-DFE5-43B1-B5C7-41D3E0C289E8 (resized).jpeg
20200304_084910 (resized).jpg
C8C6E50A-7579-481C-A043-0E525F8E6A9F (resized).jpeg
Wizard of Oz Escape 094 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 081 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 064(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 052(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 046(1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10027 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 201.
#301 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed that playing WOZ makes you a better pinball player?

I am just curious. Once WOZ entered our home the ACDC and TRON got neglected, and not played as much. But I like them both, play them from time to time, but WOZ get's most of the attention.

Now the reason I make this comment is because I truly enjoy playing WOZ, but not for the total competition nature of the game, and the test of my game skills, but simply because I enjoy it. But when I play TRON (which completely requires my game skills) or ACDC,,,,,, that I play much better. Can't figure it out, but definitely have noticed it.

Tonight I just wanted to give ACDC a little love, and I SPANKED IT!... I mean I spanked it BAD!... #1 spot ..... and only one game.

Well, should go see how WOZ is doin' after that, and give Dorothy a little love as well.

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed it improving your gameplay. ......

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

You can make the Cb spinner from the left flipper, if the ball rolls along the flipper a bit while held up. As soon as it starts rolling down the upraised flipper, a well-timed quick tap will shoot the ball into the spinner. I haven't been able to do it from a straight trapped ball, but a quick tap on a trapped ball can give you the rollback you need. Same shot for the Wizard saucer. You can also make both directly--just need to time it right to shoot when the ball just rolls onto the curved tip of the flipper. Practice!

I see what your saying, I will give that a try. thnx!

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

Has anyone noticed that playing WOZ makes you a better pinball player?

Quoted from Geremy13:

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed it improving your gameplay.

Yes
I said the same thing to a friend a few weeks ago. The first month that WOZ was here that's the only game i played when i went over to another game i was playing better than ever(i still suck). Is it a wide body vs normal?

#304 5 years ago

I think the skill factor may relate to the variety of shots across the entire playfield, many of which are tight (like the CB spinner, individual Rainbow targets, wizard saucer, left orbit) plus many shots can and should be backhanded. After this shot variety, playing another regular game seems to have fewer/easier shots to pick off. (A better example of this type of "training" game is WPT: the 'flow' shots are way up high, so the closer ramp/orbit entrances on other games seem much easier to make.)

#305 5 years ago

Are EBs for replay factory? I just allow one for YBR advance but have considered one for replay. I just don't want the game to go on forever and with toto and TNPLH ges end up being 5 ball almost as a given.

#306 5 years ago

i did the search loop tweak last night, man that really does make a diff, glad i finally did it.

also, my crystal ball finally fell off when raising the PF to check something. note to self, always check to see if the CB is loose b4 lifting playfield, heh.

I had some silicone based adhesive laying around so i just used that, we'll see how that works. (didn't want to super glue it, heh)

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

i did the search loop tweak last night, man that really does make a diff, glad i finally did it.

OH I missed that. can you please explain what that is ? Thanks

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

OH I missed that. can you please explain what that is ? Thanks

A subtle adjustment on the castle mini-pf. Shots to the top/right loop often bounce out on some games (like mine). The easy fix (no tools needed!) is to hook your finger under the wire lane guide at the top, and pull up on it gently to bend it upwards a bit. Helps to guide all good shots through the loop instead of bouncing out!

#309 5 years ago

I blow a fuse..where can I get them from. #409 I think. 3A 250v.delay . they seem shorter then your normal buzz fuze.

#310 5 years ago

I am now a member of the WOZ club.........

#311 5 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Welcome to the club

#312 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I blow a fuse..where can I get them from. #409 I think. 3A 250v.delay . they seem shorter then your normal buzz fuze.

Wish i knew, I'd love to get some sort of "spare set" together myself just in case.

#313 5 years ago

Hi guys,
We have our next order of woz cabinet speaker upgrades in stock. I don't have them up on my website so please pm me for purchase.
Woz cabinet speaker upgrade- takes use of spare channel built into the factory amplifier and doubles the power output by sending two signal feeds to a dual voice coil cabinet speaker. Much better cabinet speaker and custom mounting baracket. $100 plus shipping.

Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

#314 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

they seem shorter then your normal buzz fuze.

20mm size. Check Bay Area Amusements, Pinball Life, Marco. Radio Shack. Etc.

LTG : )

#315 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Welcome to the club

Why thank you my good man and a welcome to you to..........

#316 5 years ago

Has anyone heard if a new code version is being tested for WOZ?

#317 5 years ago

Seems like I remember somone saying an update is coming. Would be shocked if it makes any major changes but we'll see.

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Hi guys,
We have our next order of woz cabinet speaker upgrades in stock. I don't have them up on my website so please pm me for purchase.

Hey Lorenzo, I recall seeing a video of you talking about a new product where you can play tunes on your iPhone to WOZ using bluetooth. Can you give us more info on that?

#319 5 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

WOW,,,, Fantastic!......... I would love to wish you the best in this wonderful experience of actually being in the possession of a Wizard of Oz pinball machine.

i know it sounds crazy but it is one hell of a machine..... i was one of the biggest skeptics until I did exactly what you did, and purchased one......... I was not, did not, become a member of this club until recently so I suppose I should let someone else more experienced than I welcome you to this most fanstastic club/ machine/ experience......

Wishing you the best....... (these folks here will help answer any questions you have)

#320 5 years ago

I got "Witch slapped" tonight. Started the battle, but she won again. Grrrrrrrrr.

#321 5 years ago

I posted this in another thread, but since this is the WOZ fan club, it should be here too !!

Flowchart 2.jpg

#322 5 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Hey Lorenzo, I recall seeing a video of you talking about a new product where you can play tunes on your iPhone to WOZ using bluetooth. Can you give us more info on that?

Yes,
That's the Pintooth, its a blue tooth audio plug in for woz. Once installed you can pair any blue tooth device like your phone or iPad to play music through the game. This basically turns you JJP game into a Juke box. At anytime after the device is paired with the game your can interrupt the audio. So if the game is sitting idle in the room you can play music, if your in the middle of a game and want to play some other music it cancels out the game audio to play what ever you want.
We made a dozen of them for Allentown which we sold out of. We will make them again soon, im waiting for my website to be completely over hauled. I also have some other big plans for the coming year so we will get caught up making these again.
Thanks,
Lorenzo

Ps- the current woz mods we have in stock are
Woz volume control plates- change volume up and down without opening the coin door $55
Cabinet speaker upgrade- doubles the power output to cabinet speaker $100 plus ship
Rear audio jack subwoofer mod- wiring that allows you to change the jack in the back. if your plugging in a powered subwoofer when pressing the mute button on the coin door it will now mute the sub. $35
Pintooth- juke box mod $100 (not in stock) taking pre orders

#323 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Yes,
That's the Pintooth, its a blue tooth audio plug in for woz. Once installed you can pair any blue tooth device like your phone or iPad to play music through the game. This basically turns you JJP game into a Juke box. At anytime after the device is paired with the game your can interrupt the audio. So if the game is sitting idle in the room you can play music, if your in the middle of a game and want to play some other music it cancels out the game audio to play what ever you want.
We made a dozen of them for Allentown which we sold out of. We will make them again soon, im waiting for my website to be completely over hauled. I also have some other big plans for the coming year so we will get caught up making these again.

Thanks Lorenzo. I'm interested in the juke box mod. I just think its a cool idea. May have to get the cabinet speaker upgrade too. Please let me know when its ready.

#324 5 years ago

Thanks Lorenzo. I'm interested in the juke box mod. I just think its a cool idea. May have to get the cabinet speaker upgrade too. Please let me know when its ready.

The speaker upgrade and the front door volume control are worth it.
Both are great products and easy to install.

The other stuff is over my head.

#325 5 years ago

Pm me pap for the speaker mod. Ill put u on the list for the next Pintooth run!

#326 5 years ago

I downloaded the huge new manual this evening. It's excellent, by far the best I've seen. Here's the link:

http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com/downloads/woz/Wizard_of_Oz_Manual_3_0_June_2014.pdf

I had a problem the earlier manual didn't solve, but I found the solution here in a few minutes. Great work! Many thanks, Butch.

#327 5 years ago

Jack just posted on the JJP group last night that an another update is indeed coming soon! A few days is the estimate.

Can't wait to see what the team has been cooking up for the next update

#328 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Jack just posted on the JJP group last night that an another update is indeed coming soon! A few days is the estimate.
Can't wait to see what the team has been cooking up for the next update

I like the sound of Keith has some surprises for us, should only make a epic game EPICer

#329 5 years ago

Is there a location that lists all of the software upgrades along with the changes?

My WOZ was pre-loaded with version 3.0

I think it would be neat to be able to read through all of the upgrades/changes.

#330 5 years ago

Just spent part of Fathers Day with the family at Lyons classic pinball. Had a blast and the owner Kevin is a great guy. He said out of 37 pins, WOZ is his top earner. They have a LE, with themodfathers walls & cage - so cool!
image-17.jpgimage-621.jpg

#331 5 years ago

Thought I'd share my first RGB LED mod I've done, I decided to do the speakers as well as the backbox, pretty pleased with the results!

#332 5 years ago

Do you have to sign up to Jersey Jack to get the new code when it is launched?

#333 5 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Do you have to sign up to Jersey Jack to get the new code when it is launched?

No it'll be downloadable on the JJP support website

#334 5 years ago

I click on there service and support and it asks me for all my details, address, email and so on

#335 5 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

I click on there service and support and it asks me for all my details, address, email and so on

http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com/downloads/woz/

#337 5 years ago

I am a member and I love it,had to bring in the outlanes on it for any chance to get deeper into the game,stacking the multiballs is awesome,there is a lot of game there.

#338 5 years ago

Bringing in the outlanes doesn't make it that much easier--the wider outlanes are serious drains!

Any update on an impending update?

#339 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Thought I'd share my first RGB LED mod I've done, I decided to do the speakers as well as the backbox, pretty pleased with the results!

I believe I heard a condom commercial there?

#340 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

ยป YouTube video

That's pretty cool!!!....

#341 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

DG... how did you do this........

........... please share..........

#342 5 years ago

Moving in the inlanes seemed to make my ball times a little longer,don't get it as bad down the sides,especially on the balloon pop bumper side,but not all games play the same.

#343 5 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

I suspect not very easily.........

#344 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I suspect not very easily.........

I would suspect that you are correct. But, I also suspect that I will have to find time to do it as well....... Once the 'Secret' is shared.......

#345 5 years ago

Does anyone know if a WOZ will be at the SFGE Atl Expo?
Thank You for any info.
Cheers
PChop

#346 5 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

Not really all that complicated, used RGB led stripes that I bought off Ebay with a controller and 44 key remote, about 15 bucks. Tricky part was removing the speaker bar, then the speaker boxes, and finding a place to mount the strips. Luckily there was just enough room at the top to attach the strips and after that it's just simply wiring them into the other RGB strip I put above the factory white LED strip, and then connecting them to the 12V. Had to turn off the white strip, they overpowered and washed out the color.

ebay.com link

#347 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Not really all that complicated, used RGB led stripes that I bought off Ebay with a controller and 44 key remote, about 15 bucks. Tricky part was removing the speaker bar, then the speaker boxes, and finding a place to mount the strips. Luckily there was just enough room at the top to attach the strips and after that it's just simply wiring them into the other RGB strip I put above the factory white LED strip, and then connecting them to the 12V. Had to turn off the white strip, they overpowered and washed out the color.

Perfect!.. Yep!... I am going to have to do this. Funny thing is, I think I already have all this .... I purchased a roll sometime back for doing 'under cab' stuff... and have several of those 44 key remote things.

Now,, problem is.

I already have this stuff. So, WHY do I still have it?.... Ummmm.....

Need to get the wife involved... and have her put it on my 'Honey Do List'.....

#349 5 years ago

Discovered something new tonight, so I'll share:

On the skill shots:

Pink Haunted target is worth 7500 points (the first time - may go up on subsequent balls), and it also starts a haunted mode immediately.
Crystal Ball target is worth 10000 points, and it also lights all B-A-L-L letters when you hit it.

I knew about the point values, but I never noticed the additional things the skill shots did.

Also, has anybody figured out anything for haunted multiball? I got it going, but was not clear on what I should be shooting for (also, I think I had it stacked with ECMB, but I know what to shoot for with that one). I never heard any jackpot callouts or noticed anything on the screen while it was going on (though honestly, didn't have much opportunity to look at the screen while it was going on).

#350 5 years ago

WOZ newbie question. Is the upper right flipper supposed to kind of rapid fire if you hold the right flipper button down?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
$ 16.95
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
There are 10027 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside