Topic Stats

• 9,868 posts
  • 533 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by WhiskeyTango
  • Topic is favorited by 239 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,340 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

lightboard-diagram (resized).jpg
IMG_2001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2002 (resized).jpg
IMG_2199 (resized).jpg
IMG_2198 (resized).jpg
IMG_2197 (resized).jpg
IMG_2195 (resized).jpg
IMG_2194 (resized).jpg
IMG_2193 (resized).jpg
IMG_2192 (resized).jpg
IMG_2191 (resized).jpg
IMG_2189 (resized).jpg
IMG_1990 (resized).jpg
IMG_1989 (resized).jpg
IMG_1986 (resized).jpg
IMG_1971 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9868 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 198.
#3351 3 years ago

Is it true if you have the buffered boards you are good to go? Or are those sill going out

#3352 3 years ago

Almost a year in and zero issues for me. Sampling of one, however useless that is.

#3353 3 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Let's see a pic of the bottom of the playfield.. Several pics actually..
Since your production date is right on the line between WoZ 1.0 and 2.0 I'd be curious to know which system you ended up with.
I have to say the cynic in me thinks they probably did not publicize anything about the upgraded light system on WoZ 2.0 so they wouldn't sabotage sales of 1.0 games still left in inventory or on the line.

Any of these help? I didn't look to see exactly where the light boards are. Dealer did tell me it has the upgrade.... but...

Under WoZ 1 (resized).JPG
Under WoZ 2 (resized).JPG
Under WoZ 3 (resized).JPG
Under WoZ 4 (resized).JPG

#3354 3 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

Any of these help?

Yes.

Quoted from Spg101:

I didn't look to see exactly where the light boards are.

All the big green things in your pictures.

Your second picture down. WOZ1 or the fish board. Near the top of the board, see V2.0 ? You have the latest version 2 boards. In use since mid December 2016.

LTG : )

#3355 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

Your second picture down. WOZ1 or the fish board. Near the top of the board, see V2.0 ? You have the latest version 2 boards. In use since mid December 2016.

Darn it Lloyd.. Beat me to it..

Lucky you.. Yes, you have version 2.0 of the lamp board system. Thank you for taking those pics.

#3356 3 years ago

Oh lets see pictures of top side now.

#3357 3 years ago

Thank you! I was wondering after reading everything. I assumed the "big green things" were the light boards. Good to know. I have a friend coming over to look at mine to see if he wants to purchase one. This game is awesome...

#3358 3 years ago

Schabs81, sorry no mods yet. Still enjoying "as is"

#3359 3 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

Schabs81, sorry no mods yet. Still enjoying "as is"

Suggestion....

www.passionforpinball.com

Cliffy has something like 15 protector pieces available for this game. Do yourself a favor and buy them all. It will help protect your investment.

#3360 3 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Suggestion....
http://www.passionforpinball.com
Cliffy has something like 15 protector pieces available for this game. Do yourself a favor and buy them all. It will help protect your investment.

Radius118 . The Ciffy's arrived yesterday, full set and even got a T-shirt. I already have a chip in my upper playing field but JJP sent me a new one . I will get them on ASAP.

#3361 3 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

Radius118 . The Ciffy's arrived yesterday, full set and even got a T-shirt. I already have a chip in my upper playing field but JJP sent me a new one . I will get them on ASAP.

Nice... Have fun installing.. There is a lot of stuff to disassemble to get the full set installed.

#3362 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

Greets Lloyd! will there be some sort of upgrade kit made available to those with Woz 1.x machines at some point?

#3363 3 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Nice... Have fun installing.. There is a lot of stuff to disassemble to get the full set installed.

While at it, might want to consider Mylar in the pops, and possibly other areas. JJP might be installing them now, I'm not sure, but they have precut pages for the sensitive spots. Much easier to do when half disassembled for the Cliffys.

#3364 3 years ago

Yep already have cliffy not getting my rr till this weekend or next but before i even play it munckinland cliffy will be installed

#3365 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

will there be some sort of upgrade kit made available to those with Woz 1.x machines at some point?

No idea at this time.

#3366 3 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

Did it come with a chip? If not did it chip from just playing it with out the cliffy on

#3367 3 years ago

Nice to see that they are continually making improvements, even to the old games.

#3368 3 years ago

I don't know if the chip was already there or not. I was still in the ether when it arrived. Need to get that Cliffy on the munchkin playfield first. Looks like a pain in the butt to install.

#3369 3 years ago

You don't need the full protector kit really, just the munchkin play field. More protectors won't really hurt I guess, except I hear the rollover protectors make them not activate sometimes.

Munchkin protector is actually really easy to install. First remove the playfield as instructed in the manual, lay the protector where it goes, mark the spots to drill with a pencil, get out the appropriate drill bit and make sure to mark off the depth you will be drilling to on the bit using tape. That part is very important, you'll be kicking yourself if you drill through the playfield on accident. All in all I'd say it took me about 15 minutes to put on. Although I did have some experience with removing that mini playfield before, but I don't think it would take longer than a half hour.

The thing that got fiddly on that install for me was - I didn't want to cut the cable ties, but you need more reach than the data cable will give you. I ended up carefully sliding the wires around within two of the ties, feeding the data cable through those two ties to get extra reach, and then doing the reverse to get the data cable back into the ties after installing the protector.

Also, my pops came with mylar in there from factory. I'm not sure how common that is, but mine definitely has mylar there and it wasn't me.

#3370 3 years ago

Yes that will be hardest getting new game and having to take it apart before even playing it.

#3371 3 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

No, I understand that. But it could definitely happen. WoZ runs on Ubuntu Linux but I doubt that when JJP releases code updates that they use a newer kernel that supports newer onboard peripherals on newer motherboards. So it seems that eventually you'd run into a board with a USB interface chip or *something* that the WoZ Ubuntu kernel doesn't have drivers for. Then something wouldn't work or heaven forbid you got a kernel panic...
Just seems wise to pick up one or 2 "compatible" motherboards now while they can still be had cheap. I mean after all, I'm sure WoZ is using some cheap board that can be had for like $39 or something from Newegg...

Pinbox for P2K machines has run into install trouble as needed downloads to Ubuntu are no long available for it's version

#3372 3 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Pinbox for P2K machines has run into install trouble as needed downloads to Ubuntu are no long available for it's version

Uh oh... That's not good..

Not to go too far off the topic, but what's the workaround for that?

#3373 3 years ago

It also still needs a PC with a parallel port right? I believe Pixel86 has created a USB adapter that works but he uses it to create his own P2K games so it has not been made to work with Pinbox since that would require updating their software. I suppose you could write an adaptor that creates a virtual port and redirects to the USB adapter.

If i was retired i would probably be really digging into it but alas no time for fun programming.

#3374 2 years ago

I love it when a solid clue to a mystery is found! Figured out why my game occasionally looses track of the balls. It has to do with the ball trough, but is not the optos.

Well tonight while playing after a drain I heard the kicker repeatedly trying to put a ball into the shooter lane. Looking down into the trough I could see there was no ball there (even though all balls were in the trough)... the balls were stuck and not rolling down to the bottom where one could get kicked up.

So I gave it a bit of a shake and one ball did roll down, however the rest stayed where they were, leaving the first opto reading no ball there at which point the game assumed the ball was somewhere on the play field and stopped attempting to kick it up (even though it had not been kicked up yet).

So the reason I get these weird lost ball issues is that balls are getting stuck in the trough. My theory is that it's because I'm using the super shiny balls and they have become heavily magnetized. Which is a bummer, because I do like how shiny they are and how well they glide across the play field (especially with fresh wax)....

Which leads me to a question, what type of ball do you use in your game? Do you use the shiny balls and just replace after they get too magnetized even though they still have a surface in nice shape or do you use another type?

Also, is it my imagination or do the super shiny balls tend to produce less dust? Possibly being harder steel?

#3375 2 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Uh oh... That's not good..
Not to go too far off the topic, but what's the workaround for that?

there are some linux commands apparently to tell the OS not to try download those specific updates and the install proceeds and pinbox stilll works

might be easier for somebody to just clone a pinbox hard drive for other people who are not linux gurus?

#3376 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Which leads me to a question, what type of ball do you use in your game?
Also, is it my imagination or do the super shiny balls tend to produce less dust? Possibly being harder steel?

Plain old carbon steel balls that I run in a rotary polisher. Your special shiny balls are most likely chromium and therefore not suitable in games that have magnets, as you have discovered.

I think you are imaging the dust aspect. The majority of "dust" in a game comes from the rubbers as they slowly disintegrate. Also coil dust from wear and tear.

#3377 2 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

there are some linux commands apparently to tell the OS not to try download those specific updates and the install proceeds and pinbox stilll works
might be easier for somebody to just clone a pinbox hard drive for other people who are not linux gurus?

Great idea.. Too bad it probably wouldn't work because of the huge variation on hardware that it can be installed on.

#3378 2 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Plain old carbon steel balls that I run in a rotary polisher. Your special shiny balls are most likely chromium and therefore not suitable in games that have magnets, as you have discovered.
I think you are imaging the dust aspect. The majority of "dust" in a game comes from the rubbers as they slowly disintegrate. Also coil dust from wear and tear.

The heavy cloud of black dust is from the coil stops disintegrating.
It gets picked up by the ball and is ground into everything.
Clean your games often and apply wax so that the dust grinds into the wax and not the PF.

I wax everything with either P21S (silver can for PF) or novus or mist n shine. These all have a little wax in them and wont eat plastic.

#3379 2 years ago

Just had my 6th GI board go in under two months. Luckily I'm still under warranty for a month or two, but this is getting ridiculous. I think I got a bad batch of GI boards. Feeling frustrated . . . .

#3380 2 years ago

Yep P21S every 500 or so plays, Novus 1 a few times between P21S makes a happy playfield.

#3381 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Just had my 6th GI board go in under two months. Luckily I'm still under warranty for a month or two, but this is getting ridiculous. I think I got a bad batch of GI boards. Feeling frustrated . . . .

are they the old go boards or newer 7.5 buffered boards?

#3382 2 years ago

They are 7.5v I think, but I don't know whether they are buffered or not. I bought the game in March 2016. I forget the build date but it was probably only a few months before then. The new GI boards that they are sending me look a bit different than the old ones, like they have an extra mini board attached or something.

#3383 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

They are 7.5v I think, but I don't know whether they are buffered or not. I bought the game in March 2016. I forget the build date but it was probably only a few months before then. The new GI boards that they are sending me look a bit different than the old ones, like they have an extra mini board attached or something.

those are buffered ones

#3384 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Yep P21S every 500 or so plays, Novus 1 a few times between P21S makes a happy playfield.

You know Novus is a plastic cleaner, right? Use simple green instead.

#3385 2 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

those are buffered ones

I'm really itching to find out about an eventual swap to the newer "2.0" woz boards (that are the same as hobbit) and what that would cost.

While I have only blown one board in the last 3 years, it would be nice to know what that option entails down the road.

#3386 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I'm really itching to find out about an eventual swap to the newer "2.0" woz boards (that are the same as hobbit) and what that would cost.
While I have only blown one board in the last 3 years, it would be nice to know what that option entails down the road.

As of right now there is no option to do a switch over, but maybe JJP might create a harness adapter in the future.

#3387 2 years ago

Simple green is a degreaser. It might be fine if you are looking to prep a playfield for restoration (IE deep clean and strip existing wax) but I would never use it for my daily cleaning, especially on a playfield not in need of that harsh of a chemical.

#3388 2 years ago

those are buffered ones

So, the new ones I'm getting are buffered, is that right? What does that mean? What does the buffering do? Each of my failed GI boards has intermittently or permanently displayed the wrong color. I just find it weird that they are all going at once, after about 8 months of ownership. Also, why are the GI boards going but the other boards are not?

#3389 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Simple green is a degreaser. It might be fine if you are looking to prep a playfield for restoration (IE deep clean and strip existing wax) but I would never use it for my daily cleaning, especially on a playfield not in need of that harsh of a chemical.

What do you use for the intermittent cleaning of the playfield between waxings?

#3390 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

You can use a non petroleum based polish like pledge and others.

#3391 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Since reading Vids guide, I've basically just been vacuuming with the occasional cleaning with Novus 1 if I think it needs it.

#3392 2 years ago

I only learned recently that Novus 1 can be used for cleaning playfields. I was using simple green prior with good results, but Novus 1 is milder.

#3393 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So, the new ones I'm getting are buffered, is that right? What does that mean? What does the buffering do? Each of my failed GI boards has intermittently or permanently displayed the wrong color. I just find it weird that they are all going at once, after about 8 months of ownership. Also, why are the GI boards going but the other boards are not?

The buffered ones are the 7.5 volt boards that replace the 5 volt on buffered boards, but if you are replacing the 7.5 boards you maybe right and jump st has a bad batch. It is common though once one goes bad the others are not far behind.

#3394 2 years ago

a bad batch. It is common though once one goes bad the others are not far behind.

That's a bummer. At least they are still under warranty and have all been in easy to replace spots. Once that one under the castle playfield goes, though, I'm going to be pissed.

#3395 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

That's a bummer. At least they are still under warranty and have all been in easy to replace spots. Once that one under the castle playfield goes, though, I'm going to be pissed.

Make sure to replace it before warranty goes out, good time to do a cleaning under there too maybe replace rubbers

#3396 2 years ago

Can someone with a RR75th do me a favor and measure to let me know if the topper sits in the middle of the backbox on top? Thanks

#3397 2 years ago

Wondering if anyone's had this issue.
Just purchased nib woz.
Right ramp ball lock seems to work correctly on first go around. After multiball, if you lock balls again machine seems to lose track of balls and when it eventually goes into ball search dosnt reconize that's where they are. Thanks for any suggestions.

#3398 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Thanks for any suggestions.

Could need a little tweaking. The little nose below the coil, bend it up a tiny bit so the metal plate holding the arm is closer to the coil and gets grabbed better.

325574-i (resized).jpg

#3399 2 years ago

Zutton1, appears to be centered on mine.

IMG_0688 (resized).JPG

IMG_0689 (resized).JPG

#3400 2 years ago

All, I just had my first lighting problem and hoping someone has some ideas on how to fix it. It is the lower right flipper light and seems that just the blue diode is not lighting. You can see in the attached pictures how it is either not light or the color is off due to the lack of blue. Any thoughts on how to fix it? Thanks for any help you can provide.

IMG_0408 (resized).JPG

IMG_0410 (resized).JPG

IMG_0409 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
There are 9868 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 198.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside