Topic Stats

• 9,758 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by pinballinreno
  • Topic is favorited by 238 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,297 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

17F57B73-77DE-40B2-B3E3-7DE861C2B173 (resized).jpeg
0114202103 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
23DFA0F8-F7D9-42C7-8453-91C8A1D53110 (resized).jpeg
FD7E2A3C-284E-40FF-B7CA-E61EE101FC4D (resized).jpeg
48412A48-5DB3-409D-87E0-6561CAAC4287 (resized).jpeg
5A5C6F21-5817-44DD-AD1E-007D340956E3 (resized).jpeg
B46EE18D-238B-473F-9CCC-5C7024BE0644 (resized).jpeg
F7AAC952-38F1-4E43-A438-332C3312069A (resized).jpeg
54291594-2914-42B3-9F07-0D00BB386FA9 (resized).jpeg
8E504E51-718C-4C02-8AC5-CD6CDFE89043 (resized).jpeg
0241E615-0E07-4B7A-8CA3-CA4B3DE8CD87.jpeg
41FFFEBA-72F4-4B67-8ABE-84B207C59FA1.jpeg
3E45001E-B173-486D-8F98-DA99B261538F.jpeg
hallmark_2025 (resized).jpg
4DBCA69C-D905-4480-826D-DC07C7F064F9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9758 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 196.
#3151 2 years ago

I still have to re-attach my right ruby flipper. I tried 3M Extreme Double-sided Tape. Was pathetic. I let it set for a few hours and it lasted about 5 games. I'm thinking something more permanent is the way to go but I'm worried about changing bands down the line. I could change the bands now and then glue the tops on but I only have 600 games. Feels early. But then again it's like $4.

#3152 2 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I still have to re-attach my right ruby flipper. I tried 3M Extreme Double-sided Tape. Was pathetic. I let it set for a few hours and it lasted about 5 games. I'm thinking something more permanent is the way to go but I'm worried about changing bands down the line. I could change the bands now and then glue the tops on but I only have 600 games. Feels early. But then again it's like $4.

Use gel superglue for the ruby red slippers. You should be be able to get rubber or Titans over the flippers no problem. I was able to put Superbands on but that is always a matter of brute force.

#3153 2 years ago

Oh nice. I guess I won't worry about it then. I have some tools I can probably use to help guide the bands on too without stretching them. Off to get gel superglue and give that a shot!

#3154 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Finally broke a flipper bat on my eclewoz #332 !
4000 plays and the left flipper bat is loose on its shaft. The ruby slipper is perfect. no chips or cracks after the initial gluing with CA gel.
The bat itself shows little signs of wear. Gorilla glue on the shaft was a total failure as a quick repair....
I put in a couple white Wms ones while waiting for parts, a perfect fit.
I ordered a couple fresh ruby red flipper sets from Joe at JJP, a quick and painless transaction, incredibly helpful and patient.
Those people there are just a joy to work with, excellent team!
I wonder if the ruby red sparkly flippers are less robust that the regular bats? Maybe a different material?
Its ok though as my wife loves them regardless of the long term duability, and is counting the days until the replacements arrive
I would think that location games might have standard flipper bats if they are more durable.

Yes, the red sparkly flippers are weaker and we're abandoned about halfway through the production runs of the ECLE.

#3155 2 years ago

I just glued the slippers on top of the tape with CA gel glue, I didnt even clean them off, I didnt even remove the old tape.

4 drops of gel across the flipper bat and pressed it together, has been solid for 4000 plays and holds up to band replacement, slippers dont even budge, and I have tried all of the bands available. Currently I like the titan red bands the best.

The super bands (pinball life) hit a little hard and were a little harder to make the throne shot for me. They are probably best on location games as there are super hard and durable.

The Titan bands play and feel a lot like regular rubber but stay way cleaner and seem to wear better.

I have a black super band on the munchkin flipper, makes the ball go around 3 times on a good hit, really solid.
Super bands really smack the ball hard in my opinion.

I have a titan rubber on the castle flipper as it needs a little more control to hit the targets.

With the slippers glued on all of the bands are not even harder to apply, same as a regular flipper.

#3156 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes, the red sparkly flippers are weaker and we're abandoned about halfway through the production runs of the ECLE.

That makes total sense. However my wife will have nothing but sparkly ruby slippers on "her" game..
Im not even sure if she noticed that the flippers were also sparkly, you cant tell with the rubber on them.

At least they have some in stock as replacements (they claim) for now.

If they have been upgraded to black or red with slippers on top, it should be ok, if not, she will have to find a way in her heart to forgive Jack.

#3157 2 years ago

My slipper broke about a year and a half ago ... probably 500+ plays ago ... and the super glue fix is still holding. That does remind me though, I want to get another set while I still can. Thanks for reminding me!

#3158 2 years ago

Has anyone's winkie drop target just seem to stop coming back up? In the test settings it works both up and down but in game play it just don't come up. Nothing in settings were changed or disabled.

#3159 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Has anyone's winkie drop target just seem to stop coming back up? In the test settings it works both up and down but in game play it just don't come up. Nothing in settings were changed or disabled.

Check the microswitch at the bottom of the target to see if it is coming loose. A lot of people initially had the screws come loose.

#3160 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Check the microswitch at the bottom of the target to see if it is coming loose. A lot of people initially had the screws come loose.

Yep sounds like a switch issue

#3161 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Awesome, you hit the nail on the head. Thanks

Now for issue number two lol: The spring from the spinning house that pulls the legs back in popped off, found a washer, spring and e-clip. Any idea on how to open the house and to set the spring back in?

#3162 2 years ago

Now for issue number two lol: The spring from the spinning house that pulls the legs back in popped off, found a washer, spring and e-clip. Any idea on how to open the house and to set the spring back in?

I don't know for sure but would not be surprised if you have to take the house off of the mini-playfield to fix that. LTG likely would be able to lead you on that repair.

I have taken the house off before to put on plastic protectors but I don't remember enough to help for your situation.

#3163 2 years ago

So, I've got a WOZLE with some scratches on the lock down bar.

Anyone know how to properly remove the scratches? I have an orbital buffer.

#3164 2 years ago

What's up with the slipper Delam on the shoes? I plan to own my game for many years to come. Should I order some now and if so what should I order? Ordered Cliffy's protectors but my munchkin land playing field has already chipped. JJP won't warranty so I'm paying for it. Kind of sucks since the chip happened in less than two weeks...

#3165 2 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

What's up with the slipper Delam on the shoes? I plan to own my game for many years to come. Should I order some now and if so what should I order? Ordered Cliffy's protectors but my munchkin land playing field has already chipped. JJP won't warranty so I'm paying for it. Kind of sucks since the chip happened in less than two weeks...

No need to order any slippers. If they happen to fall off (mine haven't) just super glue them back on.

#3166 2 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

The Slipper is just held on with tape. It will get loose in time.
If it gets loose just glue it back on with CA gel glue, it will outlast the flipper.

In my case the sparkly red flipper bat itself finally broke off the shaft after thousands of plays, this is quite normal.
The slipper is unchipped and perfectly installed as if it were new after 4 drops of CA gel applied.
I simply ordered a couple new bats from Joe in parts from JJP, and all is well.

I have a couple chips in the edge of the munchkin PF, you cant see them with the cliffy on.
The cliffy is awesome as it covers all the dents and chips that you might see from the players angle.

This weekend Im pulling the munchkin PF to do coil maintenance, the mini flipper needs a complete cleaning of coil stop and sleeve. Im replacing all the dirty worn parts as this is hard to get to.
This is after 4 years of pretty continuous playing.

If you plan to own your game for the duration of many years, I would invest in the 3 spare unpopulated playfields to restore the game in the future as well as a set of side decals or RadCals even.

50,000 plays wears out even the best cared for games.

You never know about the pinball industry, the parts could come in handy, as licences sometimes dont get renewed etc. (think TAF or IJ...).

#3167 2 years ago

The manual shows the complete break down of the house and the part numbers in case you break something.
Its snapped together in pieces with decals applied.

#3168 2 years ago

The manual shows the complete break down of the house and the part numbers in case you break something.
Its snapped together in pieces with decals applied.

Can the house be taken apart from the top of the playfield?

#3169 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Can the house be taken apart from the top of the playfield?

Probably, but I would pull the whole PF as a precaution the first time I did it. That way I could be more careful.
The plastic is pretty delicate.

#3170 2 years ago

Probably, but I would pull the whole PF as a precaution the first time I did it. That way I could be more careful.
The plastic is pretty delicate.

I thought the house was made of metal?

#3171 2 years ago

Seemed like plastic the last time I had the PF out....

The complete parts are on page c-40 of the manual, and shows the different parts of the assembly.

#3172 2 years ago

A little bit of woz modding,.trough and backboard light...what a beautiful game!

20170203_162343 (resized).jpg

#3173 2 years ago

Joined the club!

Just picked up a lightly routed standards. Needs a thorough cleaning and some flipper rebuilding but it's a nice game. Bummer about the scrapes on the right side of the backbox though.

Looks like it is an earlier example with screened cab. "born on" date of 07/25/13.

It also looks like the game is running pretty old software. The lower right corner in the menu system says "Wizard of Oz Version 1.25" I assume this means the game is running 1.25 of the code. I see it's up to 6.06. Any issues with upgrading that far? Or just follow the JJP instructions and go to town?

Another thing I noticed is the fans in the machine are pretty loud. I'll have to check into that.

I look forward to discovering more about this game.

I already have Cliffys on order and will be ordering pinbits plastic protector set. It also looks like using a pinball life stern shaker motor is reasonably straightforward. Looks like I just need to cut off the wiring kit connectors, shorten the wire and crimp on a different molex plug and it's plug and play.

Anything else I should consider? I see there are some lighting kits available, and the game could certainly use some GI lighting, but it looks like it should be pretty easy to add some light strips since the game should have 12v easily available. That being said though, is there a preferred spot to access power?

Thanks!

#3174 2 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

That being said though, is there a preferred spot to access power?
Thanks!

Topper plug

#3175 2 years ago

Welcome Radius!

6.06 is a full update so you should be able to jump straight to it. It only takes about 5 minutes to do.

As far as lightning goes I just added the lit winki and state fair baloon. There are additional kits available but that was enough for me.

Its probably too late to prevent chipping but it still would be good to get the munchkin protector.

Congrats on getting an amazing game!

#3176 2 years ago

My munchkin playfield got a tiny chip in the 2 weeks it took the Cliffy protector to get to me and my game was NIB. If your game has been routed, I would be highly surprised if it WASN'T chipped. But yes, still get the protector. Down the road I figured I'd replace the Munchkin playfield, but the chip is so tiny (and I never plan to sell) that I might just... not. But you could always do the same thing - protect it from further damage now, consider replacing later if it's chipped and just use the same Cliffy.

#3177 2 years ago

My munchkin playfield got a tiny chip in the 2 weeks it took the Cliffy protector to get to me and my game was NIB. If your game has been routed, I would be highly surprised if it WASN'T chipped. But yes, still get the protector. Down the road I figured I'd replace the Munchkin playfield, but the chip is so tiny (and I never plan to sell) that I might just... not. But you could always do the same thing - protect it from further damage now, consider replacing later if it's chipped and just use the same Cliffy.

Put a couple thousand plays on it, you wil never notice the chip.

#3178 2 years ago

I don't really notice it as it is. It's hidden behind the Cliffy now unless you go stand over it on the side of the machine and look for it. Like I said, it's really little. But also very easy to have happen so I'd be surprised if a routed one didn't have chips.

#3179 2 years ago

I don't really notice it as it is. It's hidden behind the Cliffy now unless you go stand over it on the side of the machine and look for it. Like I said, it's really little. But also very easy to have happen so I'd be surprised if a routed one didn't have chips.

I have similar chip in mine, very small. I just sharpied with a paint pen it and now it just blends into the atwork.
No way am I replacing the mini Pf for this

#3180 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Welcome Radius!
6.06 is a full update so you should be able to jump straight to it. It only takes about 5 minutes to do.
As far as lightning goes I just added the lit winki and state fair baloon. There are additional kits available but that was enough for me.
Its probably too late to prevent chipping but it still would be good to get the munchkin protector.
Congrats on getting an amazing game!

Software upgraded.. Very painless process. One of these days my old PB10 ROM burner is going to be useless.. But not yet!

Pic of my munchkin mini-pf attached.. Definitely needs some work but not the end of the world.. Anyone know how much a new unpopulated munchkin mini-pf is? What about a full unpopulated pf set?

It also needs a new plastic over the drop target. Available piece by piece or do you have to buy a complete set like Stern?

Considering what I have heard about playfield problems with this game, I am pretty impressed with the lack of wear. Before I upgraded the software the audits showed a little over 7000 games with no protection at all other than a small piece of mylar at the wizard (?) saucer kick out.

I am thinking that if I decide to keep this game then I'm going to strip it and clear it. The factory clear is *so* thin...

I haven't looked, but is a "kit" necessary for state fair balloon lighting? Seems like it's a standard pop bumper body, so the holes should be there to put a wedge socket in it. Then just wire up to 12v. I have already found a few 12v sources under the playfield.

IMG_20170209_144654396_HDR (resized).jpg

IMG_20170209_144705257_HDR (resized).jpg

IMG_20170209_144722730 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170209_144648818_HDR (resized).jpg

IMG_20170209_144733443 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170209_144917699 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170209_144927351 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170209_144943607_HDR (resized).jpg

#3181 2 years ago

Just want praise to the JJP team . I bought a nib 75th nov 16. Had alot of issues. Steve from Jjp actually came to my house and fixed the game it finally plays perfect. Really great company that wants to see its customer satisfied. Cant thank Frank and Steve from JJP enough

#3182 2 years ago

There is a 12v harness pigtail there in anticipation of the state fair balloon being lit, hence the adding of a "kit" or whatever is obvious; I personally like the balloon unlit but to each his own.

#3183 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I just got mine. I noticed the same thing with the Monkey... doesn't work all the time. What was your solution?

the monkey mech doesnt go up and down? lithium grease on the thread rod,
for light issues i put the machine in led test and set it to white.
pull the balls ( i know it has the keeper but it doesnt always keep the balls in the trough.
lift the PF , set against the back box.
open the coin door to shut the HV off
go through and touch/wiggle EVERY grey daisy chain led board connector.
when i find the loose one i pull the section out , i use a pic to pull the metal crimp connectors out(one at a time) of the connector and then recrimp the crimp and stretch the connector ( the same metal part -Trifurcon connector) the contact part.
place back in the plastic housing and do the next wire, rise repeat for all the wires/connector on both ends.
place back in machine, leave PF up and close coin door and mash the crap out of the flipper buttons to see if it still goes funky disco ( it never does)
lastly i use "Bondic" on the connector , i push the connector back on and place a little dab of it where the connector meets the led board and then use the led cure light. i like this as it make a good bond but you can pull it apart if needed.

***now i want to mention*** i have only had to do this on two sections of daisy chain NOT the entire machine.

#3184 2 years ago

Decided to see how hard I could make this game, not because I'm killing it or have even gotten to SWOTR but just to see, so I opened the right outlane all the way and basically set every setting as difficult as it can be. HOLY HELL! The Toto outlane when opened all the way up is an incredible black hole that sucks every semi-wild ball straight down it. My buddy and I played a bunch of games and I was shocked at how poorly we were doing. I finally managed a game over 600K but most of them were too embarrassing to mention. I just can't believe how hard this game can be to play when purposely setup to be that way. It's hard to even come up with a controllable way to launch the ball, nevermind a skill shot!

#3185 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Decided to see how hard I could make this game, not because I'm killing it or have even gotten to SWOTR but just to see, so I opened the right outlane all the way and basically set every setting as difficult as it can be. HOLY HELL! The Toto outlane when opened all the way up is an incredible black hole that sucks every semi-wild ball straight down it. My buddy and I played a bunch of games and I was shocked at how poorly we were doing. I finally managed a game over 600K but most of them were too embarrassing to mention. I just can't believe how hard this game can be to play when purposely setup to be that way. It's hard to even come up with a controllable way to launch the ball, nevermind a skill shot!

I have mine setup this way and I think my highest score is around 600k. I finally killed the witch for the first time tonight and it was amazing!

I definitely think it's more fun to play when it's hard. Crank up the bumpers and kickers and it's hard to keep up with everything. I do let the game hand out a lot of extra balls though. You gotta earn your long games!

#3186 2 years ago

Someone's really loves Woz!

Random sighting...

IMG_3999 (resized).JPG

#3187 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I have mine setup this way and I think my highest score is around 600k. I finally killed the witch for the first time tonight and it was amazing!
I definitely think it's more fun to play when it's hard. Crank up the bumpers and kickers and it's hard to keep up with everything. I do let the game hand out a lot of extra balls though. You gotta earn your long games!

The comment I made to my friend was that if the game was always that hard I'd sell it!

#3188 2 years ago

I picked up these 2 slot machine topper inserts today. I plan on designing/machining a couple custom toppers for my WOZECLE. I plan on back-lighting these w/ 12 volt LED strips.

DSC_3433 (resized).JPG

#3189 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I picked up these 2 slot machine topper inserts today. I plan on designing/machining a couple custom toppers for my WOZECLE. I plan on back-lighting these w/ 12 volt LED strips.

That looks like it will be very cool..

I haven't looked at it yet, but I was thinking it would be really cool to change the stock topper illumination from green to color changing. Would definitely match the effects on the playfield. Has anyone tried it?

#3190 2 years ago

So this weekend I decided to experiment a little. I always thought a little more light would be nice in the haunted forest so today I took one of the bumpers apart and added a light as an experiment. The end result isn't bad, now I have to figure out how to take them apart without sheering off the screw heads and work out a better light and wiring.

IMG_4964 (resized).JPG

#3191 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

So this weekend I decided to experiment a little. I always thought a little more light would be nice in the haunted forest so today I took one of the bumpers apart and added a light as an experiment. The end result isn't bad, now I have to figure out how to take them apart without sheering off the screw heads and work out a better light and wiring.

Nice! Looks great.

#3192 2 years ago

If anyone is looking to expand their collection and trade their WoZ .. I have a minty HUO Pirates, a nice Players Rollergames, and nice Gladiators for trade I'm in Chicago

#3193 2 years ago

Something else I noticed today while poking around this game.

It seems the little mini-monitor behind the crystal ball has a 2gb microSD card in it. Has anyone stuck that thing in their computer to see what's on it? I'd be curious to know if the images could be changed.

#3194 2 years ago

I saw some posts on people continually scoring in excess is 600k. You playing 3 or 5 ball? Am I that bad? Best so far is 199k!?

#3195 2 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

I saw some posts on people continually scoring in excess is 600k. You playing 3 or 5 ball? Am I that bad? Best so far is 199k!?

You will get better. Not too hard to get over 199k Consistent over 600k is tough though.

#3196 2 years ago

Get good at stacking modes and watch for munchkin frenzy. Start that along with a stacked multi ball rolling (say ECMB plus a Haunted mode and a Crystal Ball mode)... keep the multiball active through the enire munchkin mode and land a HODC multiplier... you'll have a score over 600k on that ball alone... heck your end of ball bonus might be 600k

#3197 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Get good at stacking modes and watch for munchkin frenzy. Start that along with a stacked multi ball rolling (say ECMB plus a Haunted mode and a Crystal Ball mode)... keep the multiball active through the enire munchkin mode and land a HODC multiplier... you'll have a score over 600k on that ball alone... heck your end of ball bonus might be 600k

Easier said than done, but yes stacking is the key.

#3198 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Easier said than done, but yes stacking is the key.

Oh yeah... I can only get a stack like that every once in a while. Its pretty easy to stack ECMB with a munchkin mode but adding CB and haunted mode in there along with the most lucrative munckin mode (frenzy) I can only pull off every 10-20 games... also landing the HODC multiplier even rarer...

But yeah with a stack like that your score will be in the millions.

Theres also the WOZ thread dicussing going for points vs the quest which is ver interesting. The different ways you can play and set your goals is just another level to the debth of WOZ. Depending on your mood and what kind of gaming experience you feel like, you can play WOZ totally different ways, which is really awesome... and another reason I don't see myself ever even thinking about selling it.

#3199 2 years ago

I might as well post in here as WOZ is my favorite pin and I own two of them! I have a standard born Dec 2015 and a brand new RR75 born Feb 2017. I love this game and don't ever see myself selling them, especially the RR75. I bought my first WOZ without ever having played it (on the recommendation of a friend) and I have never been disappointed. What a masterpiece! I think it is only nostalgia keeping it from being in the top 5 on the top 100. Or perhaps it is the difficulty and depth that make it a better home machine than pay to play.

It might interest you here that my new game is running version 6.10. I was previously told by a support person at JJP that 6.06 was the final version and I still have that version on my standard. Perhaps 6.10 is an upcoming new/final version?

My ultimate pinball goal is to make it to SOTR with fairly standard rules. It might take me 30 years but it's going to happen! I got there cheating with the glass off and it took me almost an hour (a decent amount of that was figuring out exactly what I had to do)! It is very tough to achieve. I feel like only TSPP has a more difficult final Wizard mode as even Valinor on LOTR seems slightly easier.

Shoot that sphere with speed my pinball pugilists!

#3200 2 years ago

In

Quoted from TRAMD: It might interest you here that my new game is running version 6.10. I was previously told by a support person at JJP that 6.06 was the final version and I still have that version on my standard. Perhaps 6.10 is an upcoming new/final version?

Very interesting. I'm hoping it may be a bug fix release as there are a couple known bugs with 6.06 (ie the Winki ball trap / self destruct). Its wierd though that a newly built machine would have it on there when its not yet on their site which makes me think it might just be something to handle a minor hardware change (ie PC driver update?)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.95
$ 11,500.00
$ 44.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Forever
There are 9758 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 196.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside