Topic Stats

• 9,854 posts
  • 531 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 239 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,339 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2002 (resized).jpg
IMG_2199 (resized).jpg
IMG_2198 (resized).jpg
IMG_2197 (resized).jpg
IMG_2195 (resized).jpg
IMG_2194 (resized).jpg
IMG_2193 (resized).jpg
IMG_2192 (resized).jpg
IMG_2191 (resized).jpg
IMG_2189 (resized).jpg
IMG_1990 (resized).jpg
IMG_1989 (resized).jpg
IMG_1986 (resized).jpg
IMG_1971 (resized).jpg
IMG_1970 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9854 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 198.
#3101 3 years ago

I was assuming they had already used the YBR10 and were looking for low(-ish) hanging fruit after that. There's also the YBR50 but that can be a stretch to get to.

#3102 3 years ago

Hey guys, been awhile since i posted in this thread. Weird story with my WOZ. So a good friend bought it from me about a month ago. He sent me a check, but continued to cancel on me each time we setup a delivery + setup day. I told him im going to buy another game with the $ and he said no problem. Then an emergency popped up and he sends me a message asking if i'd just hold onto the WOZ for awhile (undisclosed amount of time), and he said he has no problems with me playing it in that time - he knows how nice i keep my machines. So no problem win win for me for the most part. Ive known him for 30+ years so we're close and cool with each other so im not too concerned with holding it. I havent played it and it has sat untouched for about a month, but he still wants me to hang onto it; so i said F* it, im powering this sucker up and playing. Holy hell, such a cool game! What a blast!

But, my reason for posting is to ask, does anyone know if you can change the music around like you can with Stern's? I have some ideas for some WOZ-like mixes to do with the music. I did some cool stuff for TWD, Mustang, GOT, + STLE; but want to try some things with WOZ.

#3103 3 years ago

Doesn't the throne room mystery award occasionally award an extra ball?

Some other extra balls available are: 10 yellow brick road shots, 50 yellow brick road shots, two successful HOAD collects, getting the 10th fireball frenzy shot, and I set Special to extra ball but Special does not come up much.

#3104 3 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

beside the flipper mech for the munchkin PF there is a light board that almost touches that assembly. i added a rubber oring as an insulator and reseated the connector as i had the same issue. put in led test mode, lift the PF and start wiggling the connectors if that area you will find it pretty quick. you can also mash the flipper buttons also to help localize where it is.

I just got mine. I noticed the same thing with the Monkey... doesn't work all the time. What was your solution?

#3105 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hey guys, been awhile since i posted in this thread. Weird story with my WOZ. So a good friend bought it from me about a month ago. He sent me a check, but continued to cancel on me each time we setup a delivery + setup day. I told him im going to buy another game with the $ and he said no problem. Then an emergency popped up and he sends me a message asking if i'd just hold onto the WOZ for awhile (undisclosed amount of time), and he said he has no problems with me playing it in that time - he knows how nice i keep my machines. So no problem win win for me for the most part. Ive known him for 30+ years so we're close and cool with each other so im not too concerned with holding it. I havent played it and it has sat untouched for about a month, but he still wants me to hang onto it; so i said F* it, im powering this sucker up and playing. Holy hell, such a cool game! What a blast!
But, my reason for posting is to ask, does anyone know if you can change the music around like you can with Stern's? I have some ideas for some WOZ-like mixes to do with the music. I did some cool stuff for TWD, Mustang, GOT, + STLE; but want to try some things with WOZ.

They set up the software so nobody is likely to hack it to change music.

#3106 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Well, the YBR gives one too. That's the easy one to get.

The Wizard also gives random extra balls and multiballs to the low scoring player, I have noticed.

#3107 3 years ago

I would also like to turn off the crystal ball exploit or
manage it to like 5 times in a game, or per ball via a setting.

i agree that you can just hit it over and over again if you want, but if you have 2 balls stacked on the left flipper during a multiball, invariably you will hit the crystal ball from that flipper either intentionally or unintentially.

I have novice players screwed out of their bonuses because of the 3 strikes and your out policy.

#3108 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

They set up the software so nobody is likely to hack it to change music.

Yes my understanding from what pinchorma said once is that it is very locked down and you can't get into modify things. Unfortunate really it would be cool if you could play around with music and call outs.

#3109 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I just got mine. I noticed the same thing with the Monkey... doesn't work all the time. What was your solution?

Depending on what happens when it doesn't work the most common problem is with the monkey ball sensor, it is supposed to only activate the monkey when the ball has actually been captured. It shows up in the Monkey test mode and you can roll a ball up there to see it activate, the sensor is on the back bottom of the back panel and you may have to move and re-orient it to get it to work more reliably.

Pretty good explanation and video here: http://www.pinplay.com/20/winged_monkey_misbehaving_wont_pick_up_the_ball_or_picks_up_nothing.html

#3110 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I put a little dab of silicone grease on the monkey and witch threaded rods to make them run smoothly.
Then I adjusted the monkey sensor a bit (you can even flip it over if it was installed wrong) and it works perfect every time.
It took me maybe 15 tries to get it right, a little nudge here and there... (Im slow...)

#3111 3 years ago

Pretty sure Wizard has a chance to give Multiball if it's Ball 3 and you've not yet started ECMB. Not sure if it does it in other situations.

And it's REALLY unfortunate you can't modify the sounds. Just the other day I was thinking it would be nice if I could make the GAME OVER screen play Wizard of Meh:

Also thought it would be fun to change all of the Witch callouts to be Gruntilda sound bites from Banjo Kazooie

#3112 3 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Gruntilda sound bites from Banjo Kazooie

Or Benny Hill music during multiball.....

#3113 3 years ago

Has anyone seen if there is an upgraded wireform for the crystal ball loop?
I would like to up the power on the VUK a bit more but the ball will fly off the wireform if it ejects too fast.
It looks like it needs just 1" more siderail to get it straight on track.
I have an early game from about 4 months into production and started with 3.0 code.

Im going to try bending it a bit to angle it slightly towards the crystal ball.

#3114 3 years ago

^ I'd like that because if you ever get a ball on top of a second ball in the VUK... the power of the kicker slowly rises and rises until one of the two balls makes it up. At least one of them ALWAYS goes flying right off the wireform, over the inlane, and into the drain :'(

Almost got one behind the State Fair Balloon once.

#3115 3 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

^ I'd like that because if you ever get a ball on top of a second ball in the VUK... the power of the kicker slowly rises and rises until one of the two balls makes it up. At least one of them ALWAYS goes flying right off the wireform and into the drain :'(

Exactly !

#3116 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Well, the YBR gives one too. That's the easy one to get.

That is one at 10 and another at 50 and another at ???

#3117 3 years ago

I didn't realize (or forgot) that you got an EB at 10 fireball frenzy jackpots. Of course, I have yet to get 10 fireball frenzy jackpots, but that's another issue.

#3118 3 years ago

I think you get one at 10, another at 15 (that is to say 15 more so 25 total), 20 more etc. Though I'm not sure how many you can get in this way. I think it's a setting.

#3119 3 years ago

Just bought my first pin a new WoZ 75th. Doesn't get delivered until tomorrow. Planning a family game night tomorrow and they have no idea, should be fun!

My son took me to an 80's arcade a couple of months ago and I was hooked again. Went to look at the WoZ and it blew me away. Guy said it left the factory on January 7th and is number 138. I asked about play field protectors and he said it didn't need it. Anything you think I should do immediately to help protect it?

#3120 3 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

Just bought my first pin a new WoZ 75th. Doesn't get delivered until tomorrow. Planning a family game night tomorrow and they have no idea, should be fun!
My son took me to an 80's arcade a couple of months ago and I was hooked again. Went to look at the WoZ and it blew me away. Guy said it left the factory on January 7th and is number 138. I asked about play field protectors and he said it didn't need it. Anything you think I should do immediately to help protect it?

Congrats! You're all going to love it!

Nothing is really required except for the cliffy that protects the munchkinland playfield. It is a bit tough to install, but many people have had that playfield chip without it. There will be a bunch of posts in here about it. You don't need a playfield protector for home use. Just read Vids guide on cleaning and waxing, do it regularly, and replace the balls every once in a while.

#3121 3 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

If possible, give yourself some time before the big unveiling to set it up, put some games threw it just to make sure all is working as expected (not uncommon on a pinball machine for something to come loose on the bumpy ride home)

#3122 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

If possible, give yourself some time before the big unveiling to set it up, put some games threw it just to make sure all is working as expected (not uncommon on a pinball machine for something to come loose on the bumpy ride home)

This is sound advice. Nothing worse than having a big party and a bunch of people over to unveil your near $10,000 toy, and it not work

#3123 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This is sound advice. Nothing worse than having a big party and a bunch of people over to unveil your near $10,000 toy, and it not work

Quoted from Spg101:

Yup... took me 3 hours on my first New In Box, lots to do... setup, deal with box,; 1 hour. Wax, wait... clean off wax, 45 min, play a few games to look for issues 45 min... look on interweb for stuff to look out for on woz, 45 min... standing around thinking / looking at pretty box of lights; 30 min

#3124 3 years ago

I was having an issue with the winged monkey not dropping the ball. I fixed that with a piece of tape affixed to the magnet. The balls get magnetized so even if the electromagnet is not energized they still stuck (tape fixed this).

Now that that is fixed, i am questioning how the monkey door is supposed to work. When the ball is dropped behind the door on my game the door immediately opens and the ball rolls out.

Shouldn't the ball stay locked behind the door so then I need to "rescue" it?

#3125 3 years ago

If there's already a ball up there when the monkey carries a ball up, the one already behind the door will be released. Otherwise it's possible you have virtual locks turned on in the settings. Then the game would just serve the ball back to you instead of allowing you to plunge a new one.

#3126 3 years ago
Quoted from Farmboss:

I was having an issue with the winged monkey not dropping the ball. I fixed that with a piece of tape affixed to the magnet. The balls get magnetized so even if the electromagnet is not energized they still stuck (tape fixed this).
Now that that is fixed, i am questioning how the monkey door is supposed to work. When the ball is dropped behind the door on my game the door immediately opens and the ball rolls out.
Shouldn't the ball stay locked behind the door so then I need to "rescue" it?

I've had mine for just over a year and haven't had a problem with the balls getting magnetic but I've changed them twice in that time frame.

The doors should only release it like that if you're already in a MB, otherwise it should release when starting rescue MB. Check the switches related to the monkey, the ball lock and doors in switch test.

Edit: GAQ beat me to it but if in multiplayer and a ball is already locked it will be released and replaced with the one it just picked up.

#3127 3 years ago

Been reading and hearing your comments on the progress WOZ has made over the years, I think we'll be jumping back into the pool again so we'll be grabbing an WOZRR shortly. Wife and family really like the red version.

#3128 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I havent dug very far into this.
But something I have noticed the past month or so which just started getting worse:
During multi-ball or anything really "crazy" a good chunk of lights go "rainbow" on me instead of illuminating the correct color.
It either starts or stops at 8 on the YBR (i need to record or better document exactly what lights this affects).
I lifted up the PF last night and reseated the data cables going to the big board that has YBR #8 on it (W2 i think?)
It is certainly happening less now, but still came up a few times when i played it twice after. Since it comes and goes, and mainly happens during increased activity on the PF, I am thinking loose cable in the data chain somewhere.
Just putting this out there in case other folks have experienced this. Will report back as I check more things out this week.

Happy to report after re-seating the data cables around where the rainbow light show either started or stopped, the problem appears to have gone away. woo hoo! so it sounds like it was just a bad data connection in the chain that would occasionally trip up the lights.

#3129 3 years ago

Well after paying for 2 days the game is AWESOME! The machine has been running nonstop since the unveiling Friday. While it’s a pricey entry fee it was worth it. The kids and even the wife like it. I think we’ll be keeping this game around for quite some time Does anyone know how many of these machines are out there in total including ECLE, RR, 75th and standard? This look great in my office....

IMG_0652 (resized).JPG

#3130 3 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

Well after paying for 2 days the game is AWESOME! The machine has been running nonstop since the unveiling Friday. While it’s a pricey entry fee it was worth it. The kids and even the wife like it. I think we’ll be keeping this game around for quite some time Does anyone know how many of these machines are out there in total including ECLE, RR, 75th and standard? This look great in my office....

Congrats! glad the unveiling went well. beware, now that you have one you'll want more, heh.

#3131 3 years ago

Never gets old, just played a game and stacked ECMB, Munchkin mode and Crystal ball mode (which modes I forget, heh, too crazy). Almost was able to sneak in Haunted multi-ball too.

love it.

#3132 3 years ago

Quick question: Is the 75th Anniversary topper supposed to light up? I just received mine (was back ordered) and sadly it was broken in transit. I decide to take a look at the mount and I didn't notice any LEDs and the topper didn't come with anything... Is this normal?

#3133 3 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Quick question: Is the 75th Anniversary topper supposed to light up? I just received mine (was back ordered) and sadly it was broken in transit. I decide to take a look at the mount and I didn't notice any LEDs and the topper didn't come with anything... Is this normal?

I believe it is, if you look 3 posts up that a RR and it appears to have lights at the topper

#3134 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I believe it is, if you look 3 posts up that a RR and it appears to have lights at the topper

Yeah I just noticed that after I posted!

I have the topper bracket installed but there doesn't seem to be any wiring or lights anywhere. The broken topper they sent me also didn't come with any wiring or LEDs. I've contact JJP already for a replacement so I'll ask them what's up.

#3135 3 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Yeah I just noticed that after I posted!
I have the topper bracket installed but there doesn't seem to be any wiring or lights anywhere. The broken topper they sent me also didn't come with any wiring or LEDs. I've contact JJP already for a replacement so I'll ask them what's up.

The LED strip should probably be in the bracket, and the wire connects down at the bottom left in the back of the cabinet with a molex connector if I remember correctly.

#3136 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The LED strip should probably be in the bracket, and the wire connects down at the bottom left in the back of the cabinet with a molex connector if I remember correctly.

OK I'll have to get on a step ladder or lower the head to get a closer look. Since the topper wasn't shipped with the game I'm wondering if they may have missed some other parts to it. There's definitely no light leaking out of it and I slid the broken half of the topper into position and it did not light up.

#3137 3 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

OK I'll have to get on a step ladder or lower the head to get a closer look. Since the topper wasn't shipped with the game I'm wondering if they may have missed some other parts to it. There's definitely no light leaking out of it and I slid the broken half of the topper into position and it did not light up.

It would be lighting up your ceiling if it was on. Like you said, get up there and see if the strip is in the bracket. If it is then trace the wire up there down to the inside of the cabinet to see if it is connected. If it is not there at all then ask JJP for a topper light assembly.

#3138 3 years ago

If the topper isn't installed, then the metal bracket, which is L shaped, blocks the LED strip. You have to unscrew the bracket to put the topper on. The strip is revealed when you do that.

#3139 3 years ago

I'm planing on ordering a RRWOZ later today. Do most people order these directly from JJ? Do they offer free shipping or discounts of any kind? Thank you!

#3140 3 years ago

Nope, shipping cost me I believe $175. Not only that, when I ordered mine "fresh from factory" my order was delayed three times.

Love JJP, but I don't think I would ever order direct from them again. I will go through a distributor from now on. Plus you *might get the added benefit of it shipping right away because they have one in stock, rather than having to build the thing.

I'm looking at PinballSTAR for future orders as they seem to actually give pretty good price cuts, though I don't know how much.

Edit: Added might, it's true that distributors can run out of stock too

#3141 3 years ago

Ditto that . I bought direct from JJP but it doesn't get you anything. Joe from Pinballstars is nice to deal with and you'll
probably get it faster. Joe has donated a lot of time and money to the pinball community so support him if you can.

#3142 3 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Double check the setting for topper brightness as well, it shouldn't be turned off but it's still something to double check.

#3143 3 years ago
Quoted from John566:

I'm planing on ordering a RRWOZ later today. Do most people order these directly from JJ? Do they offer free shipping or discounts of any kind? Thank you!

I ordered through PinballStar but it still ended up being a factory order. Was built and shipped directly from JJP. No delays at all, arrived faster than I thought it would!

#3144 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Double check the setting for topper brightness as well, it shouldn't be turned off but it's still something to double check.

I don't see a topper brightness setting anywhere in any of the settings. Perhaps it doesn't show up if the game doesn't sense the topper lights are plugged in... Will inspect it all later today and see what's up.

#3145 3 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I don't see a topper brightness setting anywhere in any of the settings. Perhaps it doesn't show up if the game doesn't sense the topper lights are plugged in... Will inspect it all later today and see what's up.

See Nokoro's post above. The top part of the topper bracket needs to be removed to see the lighting.

Edited incorrect info.

#3147 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

See Nokoro's post above. The top part of the topper bracket needs to be removed to see the lighting.
Also, I don't believe there is a topper brightness setting.

Game Settings - General - Topper Brightness

pasted_image (resized).png

#3148 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Game Settings - General - Topper Brightness

Thanks. I did not know that was there not that I will ever use it.

#3149 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Thanks. I did not know that was there not that I will ever use it.

I used it right away on initial setup of my eclewoz, the wife said it was too bright and wanted a duller glow from it.

#3150 3 years ago

Finally broke a flipper bat on my eclewoz #332 !
4000 plays and the left flipper bat is loose on its shaft. The ruby slipper is perfect. no chips or cracks after the initial gluing with CA gel.
The bat itself shows little signs of wear. Gorilla glue on the shaft was a total failure as a quick repair....

I put in a couple white Wms ones while waiting for parts, a perfect fit.

I ordered a couple fresh ruby red flipper sets from Joe at JJP, a quick and painless transaction, incredibly helpful and patient.
Those people there are just a joy to work with, excellent team!

I wonder if the ruby red sparkly flippers are less robust that the regular bats? Maybe a different material?

Its ok though as my wife loves them regardless of the long term duability, and is counting the days until the replacements arrive

I would think that location games might have standard flipper bats if they are more durable.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11,500.00
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 9854 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 198.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside