20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg
IMG_8924 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 306.
#3051 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

This might be obvious when I stand over the machine -- how hard is it to remove the trees from the pops? I have some mylar I'd like to put down in that area and I think removing the ramps / trees will make the job much easier.

Let us know how this goes, I still need to do that.

#3052 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

This might be obvious when I stand over the machine -- how hard is it to remove the trees from the pops? I have some mylar I'd like to put down in that area and I think removing the ramps / trees will make the job much easier.

It's not that difficult. I did it when I added the mod for lighting up the tree eyes from WOZMods.com. If you're going to do that mod, you might as well do both of these at the same time.

#3053 7 years ago

If all you want is to take off the actual trees, it's 2 nuts then lift them off the pegs.

#3054 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

If all you want is to take off the actual trees, it's 2 nuts then lift them off the pegs.

Thanks! Can't get much easier than that.

#3055 7 years ago

I'm in!! Nib standard 836/1000...invisiglass and shaker. She's a beauty. What mods are a must?

20170119_172913 (resized).jpg20170119_172913 (resized).jpg

#3056 7 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I'm in!! Nib standard 836/1000...invisiglass and shaker. She's a beauty. What mods are a must?

Get the Mezelmods firepots.

#3057 7 years ago
Quoted from tp:

What mods are a must?

The only MUST is the Cliffy Munchkin Playfield protector. Without it, your munchkin playfield WILL get chipped.

For recommended, the Red Smoke Mod here on pinside, once he opens up orders again. It really, really enhances the look of the whole machine getting that ugly witch with that terrible tube out of there: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/6#post-3546627

#3058 7 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Received my NIB RR a few weeks ago, Had out of box issues that have mostly been repaired. Still have monkey issues after being fixed. Monkey works about 80 % of the time. After being adjusted still doesn't pick up every time.
Question I have is now every time I push the left flipper button the lower playfield lights strobe a white color.

beside the flipper mech for the munchkin PF there is a light board that almost touches that assembly. i added a rubber oring as an insulator and reseated the connector as i had the same issue. put in led test mode, lift the PF and start wiggling the connectors if that area you will find it pretty quick. you can also mash the flipper buttons also to help localize where it is.

#3059 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Thanks! Can't get much easier than that.

I would suggest removing the bumper rings (accessed from underneath the playfield) and leave the trees attached to the bumper rings. The 2 nuts that hold the trees were difficult to remove and retighten when I installed the haunted forest mode. In my case, the nuts had been tightened in between plastic pieces of the molded tree....damage to the trees could occur. Plus, removing the bumper rings will give you a little more room to work when installing the mylar.

#3060 7 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

beside the flipper mech for the munchkin PF there is a light board that almost touches that assembly. i added a rubber oring as an insulator and reseated the connector as i had the same issue. put in led test mode, lift the PF and start wiggling the connectors if that area you will find it pretty quick. you can also mash the flipper buttons also to help localize where it is.

What I found was a broken wire with one of the 6 " data cables. Been waiting a week still no cable, Hopefully today I get it from JJP. I think I will have still a lite issue besides the cable. Will wait to install the new cable and make sure everything else is seated correctly. Would love this machine to finally work correctly like it should have out of the box. Overall in the almost 2 months I had this machine its had issue after issue. I think this might be my last JJP machine, unless they do Toy Story then my son might force me to get it.

#3061 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Let us know how this goes, I still need to do that.

Ok! All very easy. Took them off from underneath per Devo above. 2 screws each. Removed wire ramp, plenty of work room. Mylar went down very easy.

BTW, really impressed with JJPs support. I'm the second owner so no warranty (plus it is 2 years old), but have been great to deal with. Their Mylar kit is great, particularly for the pop area as it would've been a pain to cut a piece to fit nicely.

#3062 7 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Cliffy munchkinkand protector, plus state fair lit balloon. Tons of others to suit taste, I like the lit Winkie drop and red smoke witch mods.

#3063 7 years ago

So I'm trying to update to latest code. As of right now I have the
unibutin file
and the woz 606iso version
on my USB stick. Am I ready to update?

#3064 7 years ago
Quoted from tp:

unibutin file

Okay first things first. I would take another flash stick and backup your settings and high scores before 6.06 full install re-writes your hard drive. This is important for coil settings and house adjustments so you don't have to do all that stuff all over again.
Use the green menus - utilities and back up your settings first.
Then, if you've used unetbootin to build the flash stick correctly for 6.06, start from game power off and plug in the stick. The machine will re-write the hard drive. After it's over, power off machine, remove stick, power on, then utilities menu and restore backup.

#3065 7 years ago

My WOZ RR is up for sale. Located in Villanova, PA (outside philly). 60 plays.

#3066 7 years ago

I havent dug very far into this.

But something I have noticed the past month or so which just started getting worse:

During multi-ball or anything really "crazy" a good chunk of lights go "rainbow" on me instead of illuminating the correct color.

It either starts or stops at 8 on the YBR (i need to record or better document exactly what lights this affects).

I lifted up the PF last night and reseated the data cables going to the big board that has YBR #8 on it (W2 i think?)

It is certainly happening less now, but still came up a few times when i played it twice after. Since it comes and goes, and mainly happens during increased activity on the PF, I am thinking loose cable in the data chain somewhere.

Just putting this out there in case other folks have experienced this. Will report back as I check more things out this week.

#3067 7 years ago
Quoted from tp:

unibutin file

Copying them to the stick is not going to do any good, you need them on your PC with empty USB stick installed. Then run unetbootin, specify the iso file and USB stick as destination and it builds the file structure on USB stick. Full instructions with pictures can be found here: http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com:8081/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/wa/FaqActions/view?faqId=9

#3068 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I havent dug very far into this.
But something I have noticed the past month or so which just started getting worse:
During multi-ball or anything really "crazy" a good chunk of lights go "rainbow" on me instead of illuminating the correct color.
It either starts or stops at 8 on the YBR (i need to record or better document exactly what lights this affects).
I lifted up the PF last night and reseated the data cables going to the big board that has YBR #8 on it (W2 i think?)
It is certainly happening less now, but still came up a few times when i played it twice after. Since it comes and goes, and mainly happens during increased activity on the PF, I am thinking loose cable in the data chain somewhere.
Just putting this out there in case other folks have experienced this. Will report back as I check more things out this week.

I've had it happen multiple times, and with multiple boards being the starting point. You really have to determine where it starts, which can be difficult if it stops doing it on it's own. So far the problems have been cold / broken solder joints on the connectors and one connector not all the way installed into the board. If the problem does happen the best thing to do is to immediately go into test mode and go through the LED tests until you find the start of the problem in the chain, it will be either the input or output of that board or the output of the board prior to it.

#3069 7 years ago

A couple questions that I should know the answers to considering I've played almost 600 games now but I've clear forgotten -

1) Does the WoZ knock when you earn a replay? I know it knocks when you match, I mean at the instant you earn a game from score. I get so distracted by the lights I actually don't remember.

2) Does the base score required to win a replay automatically start rising higher as the high scores list changes? Now that I have a few 1M+ scores on my leaderboard I noticed my replay base value is 230,000 and I swear it was 200,000. I know it goes up when you earn a replay, but I'm talking the base value.

I could answer these myself later today with a few games, but I'm at work and bored and that's what forums are for right?

#3070 7 years ago

Spotted this on an elaut redemption game,Can be bought for 80 dollars,Possible topper?

20161219_142558 (resized).jpg20161219_142558 (resized).jpg

#3071 7 years ago

Does anyone have a spare unpopulated munchkin playfield they'd sell me? I have the other 2 , just need the munchkin one to complete the set, didn't really want to go grab a new one from JJP unless I just had to. Thanks guys!

#3072 7 years ago

I may have one later int he Spring if you are still looking. MAYBE. But not this sec.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Does anyone have a spare unpopulated munchkin playfield they'd sell me? I have the other 2 , just need the munchkin one to complete the set, didn't really want to go grab a new one from JJP unless I just had to. Thanks guys!

Yes it knocks. As for factory replay score...... I have no idea.

Quoted from GotAQuestion:

A couple questions that I should know the answers to considering I've played almost 600 games now but I've clear forgotten -
1) Does the WoZ knock when you earn a replay? I know it knocks when you match, I mean at the instant you earn a game from score. I get so distracted by the lights I actually don't remember.
2) Does the base score required to win a replay automatically start rising higher as the high scores list changes? Now that I have a few 1M+ scores on my leaderboard I noticed my replay base value is 230,000 and I swear it was 200,000. I know it goes up when you earn a replay, but I'm talking the base value.
I could answer these myself later today with a few games, but I'm at work and bored and that's what forums are for right?

#3073 7 years ago
Quoted from Brian541:

Spotted this on an elaut redemption game,Can be bought for 80 dollars,Possible topper?

I guess, but I think the "official" JJP toppers look a lot better so why not just use one of those?

#3074 7 years ago

There is a setting for this that increases/decreases the required score so that replays occur every X%(in the settings you determine the %.) So if a lot of high games get put on the machine then the value increases. Alternately if the only people that play the game aren't able to get good scores then this value decreases. I have seen the value be as low as 180K on my machine.

#3075 7 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

There is a setting for this that increases/decreases the required score so that replays occur every X%(in the settings you determine the %.) So if a lot of high games get put on the machine then the value increases. Alternately if the only people that play the game aren't able to get good scores then this value decreases. I have seen the value be as low as 180K on my machine.

My family demanded that the reward be turned into extra ball awards instead so that they can make it further into the modes. They also demanded that the auto increase/decrease feature be turned off (just set values) because it was unfair to them if I got the award first and then the same award went up for them. I keep them happy so that pinball is perceived as being a family fun competitive activity. That way, more pins showing up is not a negative thing to them.

#3076 7 years ago

I considered switching the replay to an extra ball but personally it just feels like cheating - and I play it significantly more than my wife so she doesn't care what I set it to anyway.

I am now considering lowering the replay threshold when visitors come over though. It's on Free Play, but that light show feels really fun. I'd probably have to set it to 50,000 though

#3077 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

My family demanded that the reward be turned into extra ball awards instead so that they can make it further into the modes.

I will take an extra ball over a free game every time. I do like raising the bar or in this case the points required to get the extra ball(s.) There is nothing worse than being north of a million points without the possibility of another extra ball.

#3078 7 years ago

There's always witch battle jackpots

#3079 7 years ago

Question for WOZ owners - Dumb question here but... I'm trading my WOZ. I want to get the balls out of the game. Is there something in the settings to eject the balls? I dug around for 10 minutes and couldn't find any option for that. Wondering if I missed something?

#3080 7 years ago

You can go into the switch tests and "test" the main ball trough. Trough might actually be under coil tests, I'm not sure which set of tests precisely but regardless it's in the test menu. You'll have to catch them as they head for the drain, but it'll eject the balls.

#3081 7 years ago

You can go into the switch tests and "test" the main ball trough. Trough might actually be under coil tests, I'm not sure which set of tests precisely but regardless it's in the test menu. You'll have to catch them as they head for the drain, but it'll eject the balls.

and I think you have to have the cabinet power switch pulled to "on" at the coin door for the coils to activate???

edit: oh yeah... "interlock Switch"

#3082 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Question for WOZ owners - Dumb question here but... I'm trading my WOZ. I want to get the balls out of the game. Is there something in the settings to eject the balls? I dug around for 10 minutes and couldn't find any option for that. Wondering if I missed something?

Pull the playfield up and back so that the supports are resting where the lock down bar normally is. Find the solenoid that pops the ball into the trough on the right side. Manually push up the solenoid to eject the ball one at a time. If your trough has a gravity gate so that the balls would not pop out when fully upright, then you have to hold that open with your other hand. Or follow what the others have said with finding the solenoid in test mode and activating it one pop at a time.

#3083 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Pull the playfield up and back so that the supports are resting where the lock down bar normally is. Find the solenoid that pops the ball into the trough on the right side. Manually push up the solenoid to eject the ball one at a time. If your trough has a gravity gate so that the balls would not pop out when fully upright, then you have to hold that open with your other hand. Or follow what the others have said with finding the solenoid in test mode and activating it one pop at a time.

Yep, manually activating the solenoid is the way to do it!

Side note: I don't like the gravity gate thing -- it's a great idea, but I've had balls sneak past it before with the playfield up. Not worth the damage for the few seconds it takes to eject the balls.

#3084 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Yep, manually activating the solenoid is the way to do it!
Side note: I don't like the gravity gate thing -- it's a great idea, but I've had balls sneak past it before with the playfield up. Not worth the damage for the few seconds it takes to eject the balls.

Sure seems like using the ball trough test is a lot easier to me, no need to lift playfield and / or deal with the gravity gate at all. You do need to either close the coin door or pull the interlock switch out but that's pretty simple to do.

#3085 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Sure seems like using the ball trough test is a lot easier to me, no need to lift playfield and / or deal with the gravity gate at all. You do need to either close the coin door or pull the interlock switch out but that's pretty simple to do.

Pull the glass, open the coin door, and manually eject the balls one by one. No need to lift the playfield.

#3086 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I guess it just depends on what you're used to. I'm usually lifting the playfield when the machine is off, so would need to turn it on to eject the balls using the test.

Quoted from Pimp77:

Pull the glass, open the coin door, and manually eject the balls one by one. No need to lift the playfield.

Well, I usually only remove the balls when I'm lifting the playfield. But you're right, no need to lift it if that's all you're doing. If I'm lifting the playfield anyway, what I do is set the playfield on the first bumpers, eject 3 manually with my left hand and catch them with my right hand in the shooter lane, as they roll towards the top of the pf. Drop 'em in my pingulp, and catch the rest.

#3087 7 years ago

My WOZRR is sold pending payment

#3088 7 years ago

When the coin door is open and the playfield is up my WOZ likes to try to eject a ball. Thank god for the gravity gate. Anyone else notice this? Is this a setting that I can change?

#3089 7 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

When the coin door is open and the playfield is up my WOZ likes to try to eject a ball. Thank god for the gravity gate. Anyone else notice this? Is this a setting that I can change?

Yikes, that shouldn't happen if the door is open as it should cut power to the coils. A e you sure it's firing and not just the balls shifting?

#3090 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Yikes, that shouldn't happen if the door is open as it should cut power to the coils. A e you sure it's firing and not just the balls shifting?

Definitely firing, Now I'm not sure if the interlock switch is on or not but either way I don't think it should be firing especially if there is no game in progress.

#3091 7 years ago

When the coin door is opened there can still be a bit of power left in pins (I assume the capacitor) , enough to lightly fire a coil. I have noticed this in a few different games.

#3092 7 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Definitely firing, Now I'm not sure if the interlock switch is on or not but either way I don't think it should be firing especially if there is no game in progress.

It's doing that because the balls have shifted and are now blocking the opto for the eject spot, the same will sometimes happen if you lift the playfield with the balls in and then put it back down, it fires until the balls re-seat in the correct spots. That being said the coin door interlock switch should be cutting power to the solenoids. Do you get the big message on your screen that the coin door is open?

#3093 7 years ago

Just checked and my base replay is actually 340,000 now poor guests

#3094 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Do you get the big message on your screen that the coin door is open?

Yep, I get the big message.
I need to double check whether or not the interlock switch turns it off. It just seems that I am always having this solenoid fire when the playfield is up.

#3095 7 years ago

I have been so far out of the loop on this game in fact when I sold my ECLE it was at version 1.03. Now seeing that the code is at 6.06 I believe, is that a final version or are they still tweaking it? And for you guys who stuck this game out from the beginning what is your feelings about it from back then versus where she sits now. Thanks

#3096 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I have been so far out of the loop on this game in fact when I sold my ECLE it was at version 1.03. Now seeing that the code is at 6.06 I believe, is that a final version or are they still tweaking it? And for you guys who stuck this game out from the beginning what is your feelings about it from back then versus where she sits now. Thanks

Supposedly there will be at least one more code update. HUGE difference from where the code was to where it is. Night and day. Of all the things you can criticise this game about code is not one of them.

#3097 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

1.03 to 6.06? Two completely different games. Leagues better with code.

#3098 7 years ago

Sounds like some positive remarks, wife has me thinking again about jumping back into the pool.

#3099 7 years ago

I never played the 1.03 code, but the game has left me wanting absolutely nothing on the 6.06 code. I hear there are a couple of freezing issues if you leave the game on 24-48 hours, but I think the longest I've run mine is 8 hours and had no issues. I was actually thinking yesterday if there was anything I wished they'd add, and I couldn't come up with anything. The game is really deep and even over 600 plays now I still have unique games. Recently I stacked Haunted Multiball, Munchkin Multiball, ECMB, and Lights On MB and it was a crazy experience that I'm unlikely to see again for a long time.

Unrelated to that: Someone yesterday was wishing for more extra ball options. I just discovered that completing a 5 horse HOADC correctly will also light extra ball. Might be common knowledge but it was news to me. So... there's another option besides being really good at Fireball Frenzy or really really "good" at WIZARD mystery rewards.

#3100 7 years ago

I never played the 1.03 code, but the game has left me wanting absolutely nothing on the 6.06 code. I hear there are a couple of freezing issues if you leave the game on 24-48 hours, but I think the longest I've run mine is 8 hours and had no issues. I was actually thinking yesterday if there was anything I wished they'd add, and I couldn't come up with anything. The game is really deep and even over 600 plays now I still have unique games. Recently I stacked Haunted Multiball, Munchkin Multiball, ECMB, and Lights On MB and it was a crazy experience that I'm unlikely to see again for a long time.
Unrelated to that: Someone yesterday was wishing for more extra ball options. I just discovered that completing a 5 horse HOADC correctly will also light extra ball. Might be common knowledge but it was news to me. So... there's another option besides being really good at Fireball Frenzy or really really "good" at WIZARD mystery rewards.

Well, the YBR gives one too. That's the easy one to get.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
14,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.