Topic Stats

• 10,099 posts
  • 542 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Rager170
  • Topic is favorited by 242 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,370 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
ADAF00D1-AA88-4CBA-B5F5-635F4E407046 (resized).jpeg
Ball1 (resized).jpg
Screen (resized).jpg
Ball2 (resized).jpg
Screen2 (resized).jpg
52707863-FA40-4711-B0D6-A86FC912615C (resized).png
9E8A673B-D4AB-4D24-8ED8-FC55FCA034A0 (resized).jpeg
1DBF8770-DEB3-41A6-8DCD-B36943B16F21 (resized).jpeg
049469D1-DFE5-43B1-B5C7-41D3E0C289E8 (resized).jpeg
20200304_084910 (resized).jpg
C8C6E50A-7579-481C-A043-0E525F8E6A9F (resized).jpeg
Wizard of Oz Escape 094 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 081 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10099 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 202.
#251 5 years ago

Heads up. Looks like another code update of some kind is coming according to Jack on the Google Group. It may be just bug fixes but its nice to know that another update will be coming at some point.

A few months back Keith mentioned possibly adjusting the rules of the Munchkin modes to make them a little more interesting so who knows maybe that will be one of the changes.

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Heads up. Looks like another code update of some kind is coming according to Jack on the Google Group. It may be just bug fixes but its nice to know that another update will be coming at some point.
A few months back Keith mentioned possibly adjusting the rules of the Munchkin modes to make them a little more interesting so who knows maybe that will be one of the changes.

I haven't seen a detailed explanation of how the Lollipop Lullaby Munchkin Mode actually works to get maximum points, anyone have it figured out??

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sweet, thanks for posting that here. I havent really been keeping up in the google group since things have settled down.

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Oh! as long as I'm thinking about it why when you shoot the outer loop under the munchkin play field the magnet at the top sometimes grabs the ball and then just releases it?( unrelated to when the winged monkey is lit and it holds it for the monkey)

This happens whenever the "lanes" hurryup is active. If you look just above the inlane switches, you will see three different hurryups listed: rainbow targets, top lanes, and wizard's throne room.

#255 5 years ago

I had no idea people were scoring in the 4+ millions on this game yet. WOW . I am still waiting...but the spot is ready. Koz posted a new pic with some WoZ in the background - so it's getting closer!

Those menus are just incredible. I bet I spend some time just playing with all the settings and finding the cool stuff in there.

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

This happens whenever the "lanes" hurryup is active. If you look just above the inlane switches, you will see three different hurryups listed: rainbow targets, top lanes, and wizard's throne room.

Oh, ok so what do you get if you do all the hurry ups? Which there never is enough time for.
Also what advances the yellow brick road, and what do you get if you make it to the end?
And is there somewhere in the menu where you can increase the time on the 2nd Toto save?
There seems to be enough time for the first one shot, but not the 2nd 2 shot.
And on fireball frenzy is the object to hit the witch or make the blue shots?
Sorry for the amount of questions..

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I am seeing a lot of scores now in the 1 million+ range and am curious at what point people are racking up big scores. My highest to date, 3 ball 1 EB, was 700k+ and really exploded from mid 400k when I was able to stack CB and HB.
Any tips appreciated.

The most lucrative thing in the game that I've seen is completing witch battle. Doing so awards a jackpot as large as 60k+, and gives you the "Ding Dong The Witch is Dead" multiball as an award, with every shot being 5000+ points.

Besides that, stack, stack, stack on the way to getting that witch battle started. More locks prior to starting Rescue means more balls and larger jackpots. Stack a haunted mode, and definitely stack ECMB with Rescue. Of course, stack the CB once you've got everything else going, and try to either get lights on or lights off if you can help it (memorize what color does what, and if it's one of the flipper modes, hit one of the BALL targets to change it).

Then, wish you could move your eyes independently like a chameleon so you could keep track of all three playfields at once.

#258 5 years ago

The most lucrative thing in the game that I've seen is completing witch battle. Doing so awards a jackpot as large as 60k+, and gives you the "Ding Dong The Witch is Dead" multiball as an award, with every shot being 5000+ points.
Besides that, stack, stack, stack on the way to getting that witch battle started. More locks prior to starting Rescue means more balls and larger jackpots. Stack a haunted mode, and definitely stack ECMB with Rescue. Of course, stack the CB once you've got everything else going, and try to either get lights on or lights off if you can help it (memorize what color does what, and if it's one of the flipper modes, hit one of the BALL targets to change it).
Then, wish you could move your eyes independently like a chameleon so you could keep track of all three playfields at once.

More virtual locks for Rescue equals a higher starting multiplier? That will help. Seeing a 400 pt Jackpot is a bit depressing.

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Oh, ok so what do you get if you do all the hurry ups? Which there never is enough time for.
Also what advances the yellow brick road, and what do you get if you make it to the end?
And is there somewhere in the menu where you can increase the time on the 2nd Toto save?
There seems to be enough time for the first one shot, but not the 2nd 2 shot.

I don't think there is any reward in the hurryups besides points.

The YBR advances by the shot that is lit. Left orbit, ramp, right orbit. I forget how far you need to advance for the reward (50?).

Not sure if you can increase the timer, but I think there were difficulty changes. I'll answer that when I'm near my game. However, there is just enough time because I've completed it a couple times. Love the callout when you make Toto 2.

The object in Fireball is to hit 10 of the blue shots before hitting 3 of the fire ones. Hitting the witch moves the blue shot to a different location. So you can get it away from a tough shot like the wizard saucer. Three fire shots ends the round.

And don't be sorry for the questions. WOZ is a complex game with all sorts of rules and objectives. I'm still amazed they crammed in so many rules and the stacking. And I'm really excited for the update. Not because I'm expecting big changes. But there are a couple of spots I thought needed just a bit more polish to be right.

#260 5 years ago

thanks DaveH, I'm still trying to melt that witch... I get almost to it then I lose it.. maybe I need a a ball or 2..

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

The hurryups are not worth a whole lot of points. I think all three start at 1000 points (maybe even 500) and count down quickly from there.

Quoted from tonycip:

Whatever is blinking in yellow advances YBR. Typically it alternates between ramp and right orbit. AFAIK, there is no "end" to it, but there are extra balls awarded at 10 & 50, plus some other awards along the way.

Quoted from tonycip:

And is there somewhere in the menu where you can increase the time on the 2nd Toto save? There seems to be enough time for the first one shot, but not the 2nd 2 shot.

I don't know much about the adjustments because I don't own the game, I only play it on location.

Quoted from tonycip:

Shoot the blue shots. Avoid the red/yellow shots. AFAIK, hitting the witch during Fireball Frenzy doesn't do anything but make her scream at you. The blue shots cycle on their own on a timer.

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

More virtual locks for Rescue equals a higher starting multiplier? That will help. Seeing a 400 pt Jackpot is a bit depressing.

I don't think it changes the multiplier, but the point values for all of the jackpots definitely go up. IIRC, I've seen 1000 point jackpots (at 1x) with more balls locked. I think, but I could be wrong, that the jackpot value goes up 200 points for each ball you lock. So 400 is with no balls locked, 600 for one, 800 for two, and 1000 for three.

#263 5 years ago

Close. It's 100 * ((balls @ start (which is 2 + virtual locks)) + (balls currently in play)). So, for a 2-ball Rescue MB, 1x jackpots will range from 400-700, and a 5-ball will range from 700-1000.

Also, the 100 goes up with each Rescue MB by 25.

1 week later
#264 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I haven't seen a detailed explanation of how the Lollipop Lullaby Munchkin Mode actually works to get maximum points, anyone have it figured out??

I guess no one has it figured out!!

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I guess no one has it figured out!!

I really don't pay much attention to the munchkin modes other than trying to start them at the beginning of a MB and usually focus on completing that. Usually just try to grind out the Munchkin and Haunted Forest modes.

#266 5 years ago

LOVE MY WOZ !!!!
Thanks for the great Thread !

#267 5 years ago

Just a Comment:

I have a ACDC and Tron sitting next to our WOZ.

Has anybody noticed how NICE the backbox 'framing' looks compared to these other great machines? I mean, I really like ACDC and I really like TRON, but that 'cheap' automotive chrome strip reminds me of what I would do to spruce up my cars in the 80's....... just looks cheap for a 'thousands' of dollar machine. Glad the WOZ doesn't look that way.

Just thinkin'

#268 5 years ago

WOW,

I'm having too much fun now. (I know ... back to back posts),, but I just learned how to get 10 balls on WOZ just like I can do on ACDC and TRON....... (could only get WOZ to let me play 5 per game thus far).

What you do is accidentally hit the 'Start' button twice....... (your wife will be waiting for her turn, but there won't be one).... just keep playing the game,,,, and when you finish add the two scores up and you've got a FANTASTIC 10 ball pinball session.....

Hey, It was fun.

#269 5 years ago

Ahhhhhhhhh…..always one shot away from melting the witch!

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ahhhhhhhhh…..always one shot away from melting the witch!

i'm happy i've finally just gotten to battle the witch twice now, lol.

#271 5 years ago

also, i am going to start working on a "visual" rulesheet, that i can print and frame and stick next to the WOZ so i dont have to explain the 100million different things you can do while playing when ppl come over. ) I may be bugging some of you for some of the diff rule parts (like for the life of me, i ferget which colors mean what for crystal multi-ball, and i have no clue what the heck you do in the haunted forest)

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-playfield-maprule-sheet

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

also, i am going to start working on a "visual" rulesheet, that i can print and frame and stick next to the WOZ so i dont have to explain the 100million different things you can do while playing when ppl come over. ) I may be bugging some of you for some of the diff rule parts (like for the life of me, i ferget which colors mean what for crystal multi-ball, and i have no clue what the heck you do in the haunted forest)
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-playfield-maprule-sheet

Crystal Ball Mode Colors:

Blue - Lights Out
Yellow - Lights On
Green - Weak Flippers
Red - No Hold Flippers
Can't Remember for Flipper Frenzy (Reverse Flippers)

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Crystal Ball Mode Colors:
Blue - Lights Out
Yellow - Lights On
Green - Weak Flippers
Red - No Hold Flippers
Can't Remember for Flipper Frenzy (Reverse Flippers)

Flipper Frenzy is light blue or turquoise whereas "Lights Out" is a deep royal blue. I don't get it often, but it is crazy.

#274 5 years ago

I thought the reverse fippers had been written right out of the machine period! Havent seen it since 2.0 or thereabouts update! glad there's been a few "sightings"

#275 5 years ago

I have 3.0 and have played many games on that version and have never seen flipper frenzy-weird.

#276 5 years ago

Flipper Frenzy is the last CB mode given.

#277 5 years ago

Excellent! thnx guys, this will get me started

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

That is why I see it so seldomly. You have to start the other four crystal ball modes first, then you get Flipper Frenzy as the fifth mode.

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Yup, you have to get the other 4 CB modes first to reach the Frenzy. Think of it as yet another "mini-wizard mode." I think this was a good change, as you have to be pretty good to get to it and should know what to expect, reducing the amount of sudden drains by novices when it would come up randomly for them.

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Yup, you have to get the other 4 CB modes first to reach the Frenzy. Think of it as yet another "mini-wizard mode." I think this was a good change, as you have to be pretty good to get to it and should know what to expect, reducing the amount of sudden drains by novices when it would come up randomly for them.

Good point Steven. The transition to regular flippers has been improved, but I haven't knowingly hit the Glinda target during the mode to un-reverse the flippers temporarily either. Even with crossed arms, it is difficult for me to maintain the mode for more than a couple of minutes. My limited catching skills diminish greatly when my arms are crossed. I have triggered it with the glass off for my kids and wife (never tried it that way myself.) It was hilarious to see how fast the ball drains if you don't cross your arms to switch buttons.

#281 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure that was Keefer's thinking when changing Frenzy to be the last CB mode. How long does Glinda return the flippers to normal? (I'll confess, I haven't made it to Frenzy since the update!)

#282 5 years ago

The countdown is on....distributor says these should ship end of summer....cant wait to get this in our office. Going to the office to work will be WAY less painful.

WOZ+Ruby+Flyer_v9C-page-0.jpg

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

The countdown is on....distributor says these should ship end of summer....cant wait to get this in our office. Going to the office to work will be WAY less painful.

WOZ+Ruby+Flyer_v9C-page-0.jpg 171 KB

"Limited to 1500 units!" LOL!

#284 5 years ago

Per the release notes for 3.0, Glinda no longer un-reverses the flippers during flipper frenzy. I'm scared of shooting for the BALL targets, so I've never seen it---and now the nearest WOZ on location is a few hours away

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

Per the release notes for 3.0, Glinda no longer un-reverses the flippers during flipper frenzy. I'm scared of shooting for the BALL targets, so I've never seen it---and now the nearest WOZ on location is a few hours away

The "B" target of the BALL letters is near impossible to shoot for and I usually get it from bouncing off the slingshots. The rest of the letters can be hit with a precise shot. The Glinda target is great for finishing out the missing "B" target, but you have to reload her through the haunted forest which is what scares me. I'll admit to using the double flipper kill for the bumpers even when I am not wanting the Haunted Forest collect. I lose more balls from a hard bumper shot right through TOTO with no chance for some nudging.

#286 5 years ago

PLEASE - let me get my ECLE before the excitement for the RR takes over and we get left in the dust. I want my WoZ! Surely that end of the summer for RR means the rest of the ECLE will be out soon. Hoping

#287 5 years ago

I went home and played at lunch today - whopping score (2,806,353)! The score just reached the one million mark when I got Haunted Forest Multiball stacked with No Hold Flippers and my score instantly skyrocketed. I could have scored considerably more, but I am having castle door issues and the doors never opened for Rescue Multiball Super Jackpot I got as least three gems (ECMB, Fireball Frenzy, Haunted MB). I have the game set to factory 3-ball, except outlanes are tightened up, replay set to EB and 10-second ball save. Great game - lasted over 1/2 hour.WOZ-highscore.jpg

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

WOZ+Ruby+Flyer_v9C-page-0.jpg 171 KB

I am so sick of dates and estimates.

#289 5 years ago

Here's Mr. negative...

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I think I've only had it 2 or 3 times. Each time I've concentrated on doing the opposite with the flippers and half the time I watch the ball roll right down the flipper while I'm hitting the wrong one.

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

PLEASE - let me get my ECLE before the excitement for the RR takes over and we get left in the dust. I want my WoZ! Surely that end of the summer for RR means the rest of the ECLE will be out soon. Hoping

I am so hoping for him as well. This WOZ is fantastic........ but I'm on the fence to do the Hobbit.... (just this close to pulling the trigger)... but would I hate to feel the way this fella does.... hell, i want to invite him over and let him play for as long as he wants.......

#292 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I am hoping Keith implements a config setting to disable the upper playfield flippers when the playfield is not activated. A lot of people want this fix.

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I am hoping Keith implements a config setting to disable the upper playfield flippers when the playfield is not activated. A lot of people want this fix.

This would be nice.

#294 5 years ago

Keefer has said multiple, multiple times that he won't disable the upper playfield flippers due to the potential feel-bads from unexpected balls reaching the upper playfields.

So don't hold your breath.

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

Keefer has said multiple, multiple times that he won't disable the upper playfield flippers due to the potential feel-bads from unexpected balls reaching the upper playfields.
So don't hold your breath.

So this has me wondering - does just dry-firing the flippers really wear them much, vs a flipper hitting a ball..... I would think allot more force works against the coil sleeve (and entire flipper mech) when a ball is actually hit.

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

So this has me wondering - does just dry-firing the flippers really wear them much, vs a flipper hitting a ball..... I would think allot more force works against the coil sleeve (and entire flipper mech) when a ball is actually hit.

Or without hitting the ball the shaft hits the stop with more force causing it to ware ( mushroom) faster.
just a thought..

#297 5 years ago

Finally, FINALLY, got through TNPLH successfully for the first time the other night. Managed to get all the rainbow targets very quickly with mostly bank shots from the upper right flipper off the witch and the right bumper. Made the next four shots right in a row without missing (backhanded the throne room, then backhanded that kickout right into the spinner, then immediate right and left orbit shots. I actually had 49 seconds on the clock with which to make the final ramp shot.

Still about 0 for 12 against the witch in battle, though. Guess I'm just biding my time...

#298 5 years ago

Finally, FINALLY, got through TNPLH successfully for the first time the other night. Managed to get all the rainbow targets very quickly with mostly bank shots from the upper right flipper off the witch and the right bumper. Made the next four shots right in a row without missing (backhanded the throne room, then backhanded that kickout right into the spinner, then immediate right and left orbit shots. I actually had 49 seconds on the clock with which to make the final ramp shot.
Still about 0 for 12 against the witch in battle, though. Guess I'm just biding my time...

When you say backhanded, can you elaborate? I have trouble making the throne room and crystal ball spinner on purpose (i usually get lucky with the slings)

#299 5 years ago

It's like a lot of other things, once you complete it for the first time, you'll find it easier from here on out. It took me forever to melt the witch, but once I finally did, now my success ratio when I reach it is much higher, funny how that works.

One thing I would really like to see in the game is a more dramatic conclusion when you complete TNPLH, it's better than it was in 3.0, but I'd really like it to be more spectacular, it's tough to complete, you deserve a big reward!!

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

When you say backhanded, can you elaborate? I have trouble making the throne room and crystal ball spinner on purpose (i usually get lucky with the slings)

You can make the Cb spinner from the left flipper, if the ball rolls along the flipper a bit while held up. As soon as it starts rolling down the upraised flipper, a well-timed quick tap will shoot the ball into the spinner. I haven't been able to do it from a straight trapped ball, but a quick tap on a trapped ball can give you the rollback you need. Same shot for the Wizard saucer. You can also make both directly--just need to time it right to shoot when the ball just rolls onto the curved tip of the flipper. Practice!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 38.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 10099 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 202.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside