image (resized).jpg
767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 306.
#2651 7 years ago

At Docb8456. I think you may have the brightness setting turned up too high in the backbox. I believe there is a way to turn it down in the settings? Just an idea its kinda hard to tell from the picture.

#2652 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

ADVISE NEEDED: Ok... here is the deal. I can get a used RRWOZ in great shape. Built December, 2015. But to do so, i have to trade these to items. NO CASH!! He wants my TZ (very nice condition) and my 20 anniversary galaga pacman. What should i do? Bad deal for me or great deal for me?

Bad deal for you.
Its much easier to find a lower cost WOZ that it is to find a TZ in really good shape.

#2653 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Bad deal for you.
Its much easier to find a lower cost WOZ that it is to find a TZ in really good shape.

Yeah, but if you're ready to move on why does that matter?

#2654 7 years ago

Bad deal for you.

True mainly because WOZ is still coming off the line. But not necessarily a bad deal. Really depends on the fair market value of the TZ.

#2655 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

ADVISE NEEDED: Ok... here is the deal. I can get a used RRWOZ in great shape. Built December, 2015. But to do so, i have to trade these to items. NO CASH!! He wants my TZ (very nice condition) and my 20 anniversary galaga pacman. What should i do? Bad deal for me or great deal for me?

Tough decision. The ms PAC galaga is a great machine, I have an original ms PAC sitting in front of my woz. It's a favorite in the house.

I don't think it's a terrible deal either way, but the guys are right, you're trading 2 classics that are not easy to find in nice condition for a game you will be able to find nice for a while. Looking at your collection, possibly let go of eatpm for cash and save the rest up for woz ??? That's what I'd do. Guess it depends on how attached you are to your games

#2656 7 years ago

Man this is not easy. I wanted to do just TZ but he wants both. Not sure what to do. EATPM has to stay. TZ would be my only trade.

#2657 7 years ago

Don't do it. If you're this torn, you're likely to regret.

#2658 7 years ago

WOZ is great, but it doesn't even get as much play in my house as Taxi, whirlwind, or Rocky & Bullwinkle for that matter.

#2659 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

WOZ is great, but it doesn't even get as much play in my house as Taxi, whirlwind, or Rocky & Bullwinkle for that matter.

You should trade me your woz for my tz.

#2660 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

not sure the condition of your TZ, but I see those GAL/PAC arcades pop up often in the arcade forums ranging from 700-1200 all the time if that helps.

#2661 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

not sure the condition of your TZ, but I see those GAL/PAC arcades pop up often in the arcade forums ranging from 700-1200 all the time if that helps.

Is there an advantage to the GAL/PAC combo machines that makes them better than just a decent MAME arcade? Just wondering, not to hijack the thread here.

If you're torn over it, don't do it -- but normally the difficulty would be over letting the TZ go. Trade the TZ plus cash (depending on the value of the TZ), and tell him to go buy a GAL/PAC with the money -- it shouldn't be too hard to find? Or are they?

#2662 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Is there an advantage to the GAL/PAC combo machines that makes them better than just a decent MAME arcade? Just wondering, not to hijack the thread here.
If you're torn over it, don't do it -- but normally the difficulty would be over letting the TZ go. Trade the TZ plus cash (depending on the value of the TZ), and tell him to go buy a GAL/PAC with the money -- it shouldn't be too hard to find? Or are they?

They are not hard to find at all, best bang for your buck is to find a broken one and replace components which can be purchased in any gaming forum at a descent price. On an operator standpoint names are frowned upon and do play slightly different than original roms as I have tested both extensively. There is also the headache of scrolling through games to get to the one you want, and with the early 2000 naaco combo board releases their are cool hidden features to achieve and play. To each his own on that matter I guess.

#2663 7 years ago

The 20 anniversary I have is not a multicade. You choose between 2 games that's it.

#2664 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The 20 anniversary I have is not a multicade. You choose between 2 games that's it.

I have that too in my galaga machine.
Great combo

They're super difficult to find in my area. But I am in the desert

#2665 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Man this is not easy. I wanted to do just TZ but he wants both. Not sure what to do. EATPM has to stay. TZ would be my only trade.

I have had 2 TZ , and after awhile sold them off for a very good profit because I didnt play the TZ any more.
Right now Im looking for a TZ that I can restore but they are difficult to get now. I love to restore games as much as playing them.
I miss my TZ for some reason even though I dont play it very often.

#2666 7 years ago

Deal made. I'm in the club as of tomorrow. Picking up my RRWOZ. TZ is gone. But I can always get one again.

#2667 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Deal made. I'm in the club as of tomorrow. Picking up my RRWOZ. TZ is gone. But I can always get one again.

Congrats!

#2668 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I sold a TZ to help fund my WOZ. I still have the WOZ and don't miss TZ. I liked the TZ theme but from a play standpoint it is not even close between the two. Enjoy!

#2669 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I sold a TZ to help fund my WOZ. I still have the WOZ and don't miss TZ. I liked the TZ theme but from a play standpoint it is not even close between the two. Enjoy!

Thanks guys. I like TZ but I love WOZ. Big difference in game play. I'm off work Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon.

#2670 7 years ago

I just bought a powered subwoofer and I'm trying to hook it up to the rear speaker jack in the back of the cabinet but when I was inside the game I noticed that the jack isn't plugged into anything. This seems very strange to me. Shouldn't this have been plugged in from the factory? Where is this supposed to plug into?

IMG_0534 (resized).JPGIMG_0534 (resized).JPG

#2671 7 years ago

That there is for the external audio jack on the back of the machine. It plugs into a short patch cord which plugs into the computer box.

IMG_4810 (resized).JPGIMG_4810 (resized).JPG

IMG_4811 (resized).JPGIMG_4811 (resized).JPG

#2672 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

That there is for the external audio jack on the back of the machine. It plugs into a short patch cord which plugs into the computer box.

Thanks Merccat. That's what I figured, but my game definitely doesn't have that patch cable in it. I assume it's just a 3.5mm headphone cable with male ends on each side?

#2673 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Thanks Merccat. That's what I figured, but my game definitely doesn't have that patch cable in it. I assume it's just a 3.5mm headphone cable with male ends on each side?

Yep, thats the one.

#2674 7 years ago

I haven't had my WOZ long enough yet to think trade.

#2675 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Thanks guys. I like TZ but I love WOZ. Big difference in game play. I'm off work Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon.

Post some pics when you get it! WOZ is amazing.

#2676 7 years ago

Post some pics when you get it! WOZ is amazing.

I will 100% do this. Looks like tomorrow is the day. Was getting it today but it's raining here. I will get it late tomorrow night and post pics Friday.

#2677 7 years ago

can anyone tell me how to make an adjustment to the home target in the there's no place like home area by the state fair balloon? the ball is getting stuck on it and not draining and I have to tilt to get it out

#2678 7 years ago

I just replaced my topper.

Is there any value to this WOZLE topper, or should I just throw it away? It has a crack on the left side that's held together with epoxy.

IMG_1320 (resized).JPGIMG_1320 (resized).JPG

#2679 7 years ago
Quoted from Docb8456:

can anyone tell me how to make an adjustment to the home target in the there's no place like home area by the state fair balloon? the ball is getting stuck on it and not draining and I have to tilt to get it out

It may be helpful to post a picture when the ball is stuck.

#2680 7 years ago

Well, after scavenging a 3.5mm cable from my home stereo to replace my missing cable all I can say is WOW. The extra bass really helps the audio dynamics of WOZ. I especially like hearing the ball in the haunted forest now.

My ears approve of the Polk PSW10 subwoofer.

#2681 7 years ago

Sure thanks

IMG_0064 (resized).JPGIMG_0064 (resized).JPG

#2682 7 years ago

That's not normal. Is your rubber ring centered on the indent of the posts?

#2683 7 years ago

It appears to be, the green circle target for "home" seems to be too far over if I could just move it a bit, but I am new to owning a machine and have never worked on one yet

#2684 7 years ago
Quoted from Docb8456:

It appears to be, the green circle target for "home" seems to be too far over if I could just move it a bit, but I am new to owning a machine and have never worked on one yet

I think you're going to have to lift the playfield and take a look at the position of the target from underneath. Perhaps you can loosen the screws holding it in and reposition it ever so slightly. Or maybe the switch is just angled strangely and you can push it back. The first step is to look underneath and see how it is set up mechanically. I'll try to do the same when I next lift my playfield to see if I notice anything, but it may be a few days.

#2685 7 years ago

I'm sure someone here would be interested in using it for decoration. I know I would but I'm pinching pennies for a Ghostbusters

Quoted from Allibaster:

I just replaced my topper.
Is there any value to this WOZLE topper, or should I just throw it away? It has a crack on the left side that's held together with epoxy.

#2686 7 years ago

It looks like both the "There's" and "Home" targets are out of position too much outwards. I believe you should be able to loosen them under the playfield a little and move them inward and then re-tighten the targets.

#2687 7 years ago

I use my extra WOZLE topper as a decoration on the top of my cube at work. It's an office favorite.

#2688 7 years ago

I'm going to state the obvious - make sure your game has the proper pitch. If you have nothing else you can download "clinometer" on your phone to set the angle of the playfield (not the glass) . Also check level left to right.

But it appears the rubber below is not in it's groove or the last round target is intruding into the ball alley as others have said.

#2689 7 years ago

I have a question about the crystal ball. Mine seems to show a black screen most of the time I'm playing. It just seems erratic to me and I'm wondering if it's functioning correctly. Sometimes the skill shot arrow animation will freeze after a few seconds, sometimes the Jersey Jack logo animation is shown...sometimes not, sometimes it just shows a black screen with 2 faint green squares. I just feel that with a game this pretty and so well thought out that the crystals ball would be more active than it is. Check out this link to a video of my crystal ball and please let me know if it is functioning correctly.

Thanks!

IMG_0504 (resized).jpgIMG_0504 (resized).jpg

#2690 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I have a question about the crystal ball. Mine seems to show a black screen most of the time I'm playing. It just seems erratic to me and I'm wondering if it's functioning correctly. Sometimes the skill shot arrow animation will freeze after a few seconds, sometimes the Jersey Jack logo animation is shown...sometimes not, sometimes it just shows a black screen with 2 faint green squares. I just feel that with a game this pretty and so well thought out that the crystals ball would be more active than it is. Check out this link to a video of my crystal ball and please let me know if it is functioning correctly.
Thanks!
» YouTube video

It appears to be working properly.
The crystal ball is supposed to give you hints as to what you might do to start a mode ot to continue progress towards a mode.
It does not run continuously.

#2691 7 years ago

I am in the CLUB.

20161111_140943 (resized).jpg20161111_140943 (resized).jpg

#2692 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I am in the CLUB.

When did you order your machine? I ordered a Ruby Red on October 4th. Two weeks ago I emailed JJP and they said "it's coming off the line, should ship this Thursday or Friday (October 28th)". Nothing. So I emailed again November 8th and they said "it came off the line today, we'll contact you about it this Thursday or Friday". Well the factory just closed I believe and ... nothing.

I'm a bit afraid that something went wrong in the production at this point. Would be really sad to get a NIB broken machine.

#2693 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I am in the CLUB.

It's a beaut, Clark!

Quoted from GotAQuestion:When did you order your machine? I ordered a Ruby Red on October 4th. Two weeks ago I emailed JJP and they said "it's coming off the line, should ship this Thursday or Friday (October 28th)". Nothing. So I emailed again November 8th and they said "it came off the line today, we'll contact you about it this Thursday or Friday". Well the factory just closed I believe and ... nothing.
I'm a bit afraid that something went wrong in the production at this point. Would be really sad to get a NIB broken machine.

I hate to say this, but for me this has been typical behavior, I don't think anything is wrong, they wouldn't ship a broken game. I'd get in touch with them Monday to see how things are.

#2694 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I hate to say this, but for me this has been typical behavior, I don't think anything is wrong, they wouldn't ship a broken game. I'd get in touch with them Monday to see how things are.

Gotcha gotcha. I'll check again Monday. I'm from the midwest so I feel like a HUGE nuisance right now. Even checking in once I was thinking "dang they're gonna hate me." I'm just really excited and the thing costs as much as a low end car so I'm just kinda wondering... when I get the thing and why the delays hah.

#2695 7 years ago

It appears to be working properly.
The crystal ball is supposed to give you hints as to what you might do to start a mode ot to continue progress towards a mode.
It does not run continuously.

No, it doesn't. It just reacts to things you hit instead of showing what you should hit.

#2696 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

When did you order your machine? I ordered a Ruby Red on October 4th. Two weeks ago I emailed JJP and they said "it's coming off the line, should ship this Thursday or Friday (October 28th)". Nothing. So I emailed again November 8th and they said "it came off the line today, we'll contact you about it this Thursday or Friday". Well the factory just closed I believe and ... nothing.

Could be many things... perhaps the person talking with you only knew that some WOZ had rolled off the line that day but didn't check to see who was ahead of your order... or perhaps there was a quality control issue that was found at the end of the line... or perhaps thats a standard answer to excited and eager customers.

When I ordered, I worked with Jen, the game was in stock at the time and it literally was on a truck within an hour of my order being placed.

#2697 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I did not order it. I traded my TZ for it. Also, what is the latest code out for WOZ. Mine has 6.06 version.

#2698 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I did not order it. I traded my TZ for it. Also, what is the latest code out for WOZ. Mine has 6.06 version.

That's the latest.

#2699 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No, it doesn't. It just reacts to things you hit instead of showing what you should hit.

Agreed. I think the crystal ball was a cool idea on paper, but the images always seem a step behind or out of sync. It would be great if they could polish it up a bit with one more code release, but I'm not holding my breath.

#2700 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Agreed. I think the crystal ball was a cool idea on paper, but the images always seem a step behind or out of sync. It would be great if they could polish it up a bit with one more code release, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think the difficulty with it is how it was implemented. The screen isn't actually run by the computer. It has preloaded clips stored locally in it on a flash card and the computer tells it what clips to play... however its up to the crystal ball to actually do it, and it may not feel like playing the requested clip at the requested time.

When it came to hobbit they ditched that idea in favor of an actual second display run by the PC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
13,000 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.