Topic Stats

• 9,354 posts
  • 517 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 236 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,242 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
DDA8A1AF-F3F5-4302-995E-9B15024E3BE5 (resized).jpeg
D7365133-5712-4E63-AFAB-FFD2DB352547 (resized).jpeg
8D754EBC-78C1-4EB1-91E1-EB9E4A4E5360 (resized).jpeg
E1072C23-E140-4A5D-91E6-38D9623BFA65 (resized).jpeg
20191110_095548 (resized).jpg
20191110_095559 (resized).jpg
20191110_095618 (resized).jpg
6F82766D-9C22-4DEC-9581-BCB06E50E7D1 (resized).jpeg
DSC00281 (resized).JPG
EEDC6B54-D69A-4721-A44D-618AA6FEA518 (resized).jpeg
250D614C-D647-4850-A805-6EB4C095680B (resized).jpeg
7FE7806A-098A-4AD0-9E19-74241F9C91A4 (resized).jpeg
3D66C7DB-2A2D-4091-8BA9-823F8AED1230 (resized).jpeg
7BAE33D9-D93D-4E5F-AF99-AE458E9385F1 (resized).jpeg
27B8D0E3-06D8-4AD5-BD47-4EBA37AD8B0A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9354 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 188.
#2451 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

I've had woz about a year, and I still don't have a good way to make the Horse of a different colour shot...
Any tips? Right flipper or left?

First off... I'm pretty terrible at that shot myself but when I have managed to make (other than blind randomness during multiball) it its one of these three ways:

1. Right flipper backhand
2. Left flipper slapshot from tipish (with right up immediately of course). by that I mean not a full flip, not sure if using the right term.
3. Hold right flipper open while in the slings and pray.

#2452 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

First off... I'm pretty terrible at that shot myself but when I have managed to make (other than blind randomness during multiball) it its one of these three ways:
1. Right flipper backhand
2. Left flipper slapshot from tipish (with right up immediately of course). by that I mean not a full flip, not sure if using the right term.
3. Hold right flipper open while in the slings and pray.

My Most common is holding right flipper, and a late flip from the left. But even that is 1/5 for me...

#2453 3 years ago

HOADC is an extremely difficult shot. If you are in multiball and have two balls cradled on the right flipper, a soft, quick flick of that flipper to backhand the shot with the first ball will often get the job done.

#2454 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

HOADC is an extremely difficult shot. If you are in multiball and have two balls cradled on the right flipper, a soft, quick flick of that flipper to backhand the shot with the first ball will often get the job done.

So it seems like there is no real easy answer, thought I was maybe missing out.
On another note, can someone explain the crystal ball trick with two balls, that ends in a penalty? I've never really understood that one either... two balls cradled for a quick flip?

#2455 3 years ago

thinking about putting an led strip which I usually clip to an existing light below the table for power. This new table - seems like they run on boards or something diff than old school. How would I go about clipping or adding a strip with the current tech used by WOZ? Want to put it behind the flippers.

#2456 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thinking about putting an led strip which I usually clip to an existing light below the table for power. This new table - seems like they run on boards or something diff than old school. How would I go about clipping or adding a strip with the current tech used by WOZ? Want to put it behind the flippers.

Use a 12 volt strip and attach to the spotlight wiring.

#2457 3 years ago

Thanks. I have something like this - would that work? Also - spotlight being right by the wizard? Assuming I can clip onto that from underneath?

http://www.cometpinball.com/MATRIX-20-SMD-5050-6-3V-LIGHTED-STRIPS-p/20smd6.3vstrip.htm

#2458 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks. I have something like this - would that work? Also - spotlight being right by the wizard? Assuming I can clip onto that from underneath?
http://www.cometpinball.com/MATRIX-20-SMD-5050-6-3V-LIGHTED-STRIPS-p/20smd6.3vstrip.htm

You would need the 12 volt version of that. The one you linked is 6 volt.

#2459 3 years ago

OK - do they attach with alligator clips?

EDIT - looks like they might not. I'll need to look into this. Need to find a place that has them in 12v

#2460 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - do they attach with alligator clips?

You probably would either need to use splice connectors or molex connectors with splitters. If you have the tools and know how the molex is the better way.

The red ones would work:
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/wireconnect.htm

This is what the splice connectors look like after connection:

th (2) (resized).jpg

#2461 3 years ago

That site has some really interesting products that seem well priced. Whats their quality / service like?

#2462 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

So it seems like there is no real easy answer, thought I was maybe missing out.
On another note, can someone explain the crystal ball trick with two balls, that ends in a penalty? I've never really understood that one either... two balls cradled for a quick flip?

I think the HOADC shot is extremely hard on purpose. When you get that multiplier and can use it with a munchkin mode stacked with something else, it can be very lucrative.

As for the crystal ball penalty, if you have two balls cradled on the left flipper, you can do a quick flip to get the crystal ball. It is fairly easy to do. If you do this three times in a row without hitting any other switches, you automatically go to no hold flippers for the rest of the ball. I'm not sure exactly why it is in place as I'm not entirely sure how you use that shot over and over for your benefit.

#2463 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I'm not sure exactly why it is in place as I'm not entirely sure how you use that shot over and over for your benefit.

If you're in Rescue Multiball, three hits are needed to complete each required shot. So this rule prevents cradling to repeat the Crystal Ball shot three consecutive times without hitting another switch first.

#2464 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

If you're in Rescue Multiball, three hits are needed to complete each required shot. So this rule prevents cradling to repeat the Crystal Ball shot three consecutive times without hitting another switch first.

Got it. Thanks. That makes sense, though completing Rescue MB is so hard, you would think they could throw you a bone on that one.

#2465 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

That site has some really interesting products that seem well priced. Whats their quality / service like?

I've shopped there for two years now and love them.

#2466 3 years ago

Just had an awesome game! Scored 920,000 points for 1st place. That said, I missed my grand champion score of 960,000, and more importantly fell short of beating 1,000,000, which is becoming my white whale in this game.

Feeling pretty good that I scored so high given that I recently changed the settings to not give myself a point based extra ball. Instead I earned two extra balls via YBR and HOADC. Finished ECMB, got to the witch battle but drained just as the winkie shot was lit. I really thought I was going to break one million, but I guess that will have to wait. . . .

#2467 3 years ago

Howdy-

I joined the club a few weeks ago. Got an early HUO ECLE.

I had played the game several times at shows & wanted to like it but couldn't really get into it.

In a home environment, with the lights dim & nobody waiting in line to play, it's a whole other game--I'm overwhelmed--I'm not big on learning game rules, & my schedule permits me only short & sporadic play sessions, so I'm experiencing it as a casual player, but, boy oh boy, is it a spectacle! :]

I finished reading all these posts today--I found lots of helpful information--thanks for all of the contributions to this thread.

-Jason

#2468 3 years ago

The castle right door is occasionally cracked slightly, and when it is it allows the ball to enter. When this happens the ball doesn't register until WoZ "finds" the missing ball about 30 seconds later. How do I adjust the door, or is it some other setting I need to adjust or a couple of different settings?

Lastly, I've owned my WoZ for only two weeks and I've noticed that the Invisiglass has several hundred very tiny scratch like marks all through the glass? These marks are very hard to see from a distance, and only noticeable when the looking a couple inches away from the glass. I've only used Sparkle Glass (non-ammonia based) cleaner, and a brand new micro-fibre cloth every time I wiped down the glass, so there isn't any chance I've used the wrong glass cleaner or scratched the glass. Is there something wrong with the glass or is this some type of manufacturing process to make the glass non-reflective?

#2469 3 years ago

I noticed there is a key hole where you would typically see one on the head of the unit but can we open that? There really is not anything behind there but the tv. Did they do that just to make it look like an old school pin?

#2470 3 years ago

Yes, it unlocks the backglass which can be removed like any other pin. Be careful as mine was tight the first time I removed it. It allows you to access and service the tv.

#2471 3 years ago

Hey everyone,
I was thinking about building this mod for a while. The game is so awesome, but the witch tube and witch just never impressed me. I thought it was too Halloween-looking, and didn't really fit in with the movie. So after WAY too many hours of molding clay, I came up with this idea. I really love it, and it works well with the lighting and animation. Hope you like it.

IMG_2723 (resized).jpg

IMG_2724 (resized).JPG

IMG_2725 (resized).jpg

#2472 3 years ago

Nice work! I like that better than any of the other witches well mods.

#2473 3 years ago

Welcome to the club jason!

Yeah, I had a similar experience. The first few times I played it was always rushed at a show with the game not necessarily setup great and of course you could not hear it, but I did play it enough to know that I liked it and of course my wife loved it. Getting it home where I could really get to know the game was eye opening. By far my favorite game now, it is firmly fixed in my permanent collection.

#2474 3 years ago
Quoted from GorfFan:

The castle right door is occasionally cracked slightly, and when it is it allows the ball to enter. When this happens the ball doesn't register until WoZ "finds" the missing ball about 30 seconds later. How do I adjust the door, or is it some other setting I need to adjust or a couple of different settings?

I had this issue with mine too; it would happen a few times a week. To correct, I put a small sliver of drop dead ball foam on the other door to help prevent the ball from getting through. The only way for the ball to get past the right door now if it loosens up is a hard hit which will put the ball in scoop, which in turn spits it back out.

IMG_1193 (resized).JPG

Additionally, if anyone has the ball drop off the monkey/castle lock, a piece of drop dead ball foam does wonders for it too! I have not had a single ball drop off since putting it there.

IMG_1195 (resized).JPG

#2475 3 years ago

I'm not sure how to handle this. About 2 weeks after ownership a large chip exited the Winkie area. I repaired and things seemed to be OK. But now large chips are everywhere. I have the pops set at a low level except at the balloon. I'm interested in if JJP has a decal to cover. 'Not interested in replacing the whole playfield unless populated.

20161008_092217 (resized).jpg

20161008_092319 (resized).jpg

20161008_092341 (resized).jpg

#2476 3 years ago

Give them a call, i believe that they do. There are also factory pre-cut mylar available to protected those areas (and others).

Boy thats a lot of wear, was it a routed game and/or did the previous owner never clean the playfield?

#2477 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Give them a call, i believe that they do. There is also factory pre-cut mylar available that would have protected that area.
Boy thats a lot of wear, was it a routed game and/or did the previous owner never clean the playfield?

Also, make sure to put new balls in the game.

#2478 3 years ago

Ouch, I think Mylar was the JJP fix. I think they even sent it out to original owners for free. I'm curious to hear if you find decals for worn areas.

#2479 3 years ago

The decals to cover those areas are available, just call and ask for a set.
They are a pretty good match also.

The repair kit comes with the decals and mylars to cover them.

#2480 3 years ago

I'll give them a call. I bought this WOZ new - never routed.

#2481 3 years ago

Dang, how many games are on it?

#2482 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Whats the manufacturer date on back of your game? Thats alot of damage for being NIB only 2 weeks old! Id be on the phone with my distributor and JJP, thats unacceptable!!!

#2483 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I had this issue with mine too; it would happen a few times a week. To correct, I put a small sliver of drop dead ball foam on the other door to help prevent the ball from getting through. The only way for the ball to get past the right door now if it loosens up is a hard hit which will put the ball in scoop, which in turn spits it back out.

Additionally, if anyone has the ball drop off the monkey/castle lock, a piece of drop dead ball foam does wonders for it too! I have not had a single ball drop off since putting it there.

Are you referring to the small piece of black foam in the picture? Is there a fix in the settings to make the door close "harder"? I did a check in the settings and the door closes and opens just fine, just like the spinning house, monkey losing up and down, and other movable objects.

#2484 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Whats the manufacturer date on back of your game? Thats alot of damage for being NIB only 2 weeks old! Id be on the phone with my distributor and JJP, thats unacceptable!!!

It appears his game is likely from back when the games had some defective playfields from a different manufacturer:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-custom-message-question

#2485 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Zero chance that's brand new with two weeks of play on it. Someone has some splainin to do.

#2486 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

If that is an early build they had problems on some PF's. Hard to believe that is is two weeks old NIB it looks pretty dirty. I would expect them to replace the whole game if it is.

#2487 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It appears his game is likely from back when the games had some defective playfields from a different manufacturer:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-custom-message-question

Now i see...thanks DCfan

#2488 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm not sure how to handle this. About 2 weeks after ownership a large chip exited the Winkie area. I repaired and things seemed to be OK. But now large chips are everywhere. I have the pops set at a low level except at the balloon. I'm interested in if JJP has a decal to cover. 'Not interested in replacing the whole playfield unless populated.

Gonna Call BS on this. You have had the machine for three years and pop bumper rub like in the pics are from NOT cleaning a game. I have seen this on hundreds of pins on route that are not cleaned. To further the BS you have made dozens and dozens of comments in multiple WOZ threads and are well versed in the realm of the WOZ pin, so acting like "Oh poor me, won't somebody help me?" is tantamount to attention seeking or manipulating JJP in giving you a populated play field. What exactly are you hoping to gain here? These pics also seem familiar could you possibly take a picture of the affected area pointing with your finger to the chips? Probably not I would assume. I am by no means attacking you, just pointing out the obvious and trying to figure out your angle.

#2489 3 years ago

In defense of wtatumjr, he never said this was after 2 weeks of ownership. He said the first chip near the winkie was after 2 weeks of ownership. He repaired that, but now, at some later point in time, the other chips have formed. That later point in time could have been years later.

In any case, I hope he gets it straightened out.

#2490 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

That later point in time could have been years later.

My thoughts as well. It looks look to have been well played and enjoyed.

Playfield pictures beyond the chips are a good reminder for anyone unsure about the importance of regular cleaning, wax and fresh balls.

#2491 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

My thoughts as well. It looks look to have been well played and enjoyed.
Playfield pictures beyond the chips are a good reminder for anyone unsure about the importance of regular cleaning, wax and fresh balls.

Also, everybody should be putting the mylar on WOZ around the pop bumpers. If your game did not have it installed at the factory, JJP has supplied the pre-cut mylar to owners for free.

#2492 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Just had an awesome game! Scored 920,000 points for 1st place. That said, I missed my grand champion score of 960,000, and more importantly fell short of beating 1,000,000, which is becoming my white whale in this game.
Feeling pretty good that I scored so high given that I recently changed the settings to not give myself a point based extra ball. Instead I earned two extra balls via YBR and HOADC. Finished ECMB, got to the witch battle but drained just as the winkie shot was lit. I really thought I was going to break one million, but I guess that will have to wait. . . .

Bam! White whale defeated!

Most awesome game ever! Purposefully stacked Haunted MB with ECMB with Crystal Ball lights on with Munchkin Frenzy! Totally insane!

IMG_0968 (resized).JPG

#2493 3 years ago

Sweet score! Love those games when it all lines up.

So today I gave the playfield a quick wipe down (saw a piece of lint) and cleaned the invisiglass. Thought I would share what I use. My best friends dad had a art & frame shop and this is what they used for all of their glass and got me hooked on it.

Its not the official sparkle or whatever but its ammonia free.

IMG_4706 (resized).JPG

#2494 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

In defense of wtatumjr, he never said this was after 2 weeks of ownership. He said the first chip near the winkie was after 2 weeks of ownership. He repaired that, but now, at some later point in time, the other chips have formed. That later point in time could have been years later.

Normally I would give someone the benefit of a doubt, but he has liked/posted in threads discussing play field issues and threads solely discussing the precut mylar strips. When he makes comments like "I'm interested in if JJP has a decal to cover." Which is misleading and knows full on JJP has them and replies to comments from people that are clearly under the impression the game is two weeks old, then it is obvious some sort of manipulation is at hand to garner attention or something for nothing. I like helping people with pin issues as the majority of my threads and comments will show, but when some one comes on here to manipulate others goodwill then I will call them out or ask them to clarify as others are clearly under the wrong impression. Yes, yes, I will give him some time to reply/explain, but it looks obvious already.

#2495 3 years ago

Let me clarify - The first major chip to go was when the game was two weeks old in around the Winkie area. It was a black chip so I painted black and covered the area with cliffy type material. I saw no more wear as of May/2016 (Aug 2014 born on date). The rest of the wear occurred over last summer.

#2496 3 years ago
Quoted from GorfFan:

The castle right door is occasionally cracked slightly, and when it is it allows the ball to enter. When this happens the ball doesn't register until WoZ "finds" the missing ball about 30 seconds later.

1) How do I adjust the door, or is it some other setting I need to adjust or a couple of different settings?
2) Lastly, I've owned my WoZ for only two weeks and I've noticed that the Invisiglass has several hundred very tiny scratch like marks all through the glass? These marks are very hard to see from a distance, and only noticeable when the looking a couple inches away from the glass. I've only used Sparkle Glass (non-ammonia based) cleaner, and a brand new micro-fibre cloth every time I wiped down the glass, so there isn't any chance I've used the wrong glass cleaner or scratched the glass. Is there something wrong with the glass or is this some type of manufacturing process to make the glass non-reflective?

3) NEW UPDATE: The background sound of the characters talking also goes in and out frequently, while the other sounds are always playing fine.
I was really hoping for some advice on these issues since my game is only 3 weeks old. I did submit a support ticket with JJ just to ensure there was a history with these issues.

#2497 3 years ago
Quoted from GorfFan:

3) NEW UPDATE: The background sound of the characters talking also goes in and out frequently, while the other sounds are always playing fine.
I was really hoping for some advice on these issues since my game is only 3 weeks old. I did submit a support ticket with JJ just to ensure there was a history with these issues.

I have only seen this occur with arcade games after being transported and the Roms were shaken loose, I would try making certain everything is seated properly and all cables are snug, perhaps the audio driver is loose in the PC. Try that, in any case you will be up and running soon at 100%

#2498 3 years ago

Gorf, please call JJP when you have a chance. I think we have all experienced the inefficiency of their online ticket system, it seems to eat issues and you will never hear back. You will get immediate and through service by calling and speaking with them over the phone.

Shippers are not kind to these games. They get slammed, bumped, droped and vibrated for hours on end on their way to you. Some issues as a result of that are normal and JJP does a wonderful job of getting it all sorted out... when you call.

FYI: i sometimes experience the same thing with my castle door, but it takes a good solid hit. If it were happening frequently i would turn down the power to that flipper.

Also some audio tearing does happen. I think it was worse in earlier versions of the software... but what your describing sounds different than simple audio tearing?

#2499 3 years ago

I have half of my rainbow lights out and the first T and last O of TOTO out. Does this seem more like a light board issue or a connection issue ? I have an early game.

#2500 3 years ago
Quoted from Farmboss:

I have half of my rainbow lights out and the first T and last O of TOTO out. Does this seem more like a light board issue or a connection issue ? I have an early game.

It could be either. The first thing to try is to reseat the connectors both to those boards and the board upstream in the chain. If that doesn't work, call JJP.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 9354 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 188.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside