Topic Stats

• 10,511 posts
  • 557 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by apinballwiz
  • Topic is favorited by 253 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,424 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6F805F78-5374-4296-BB2A-9C76C00B141E (resized).jpeg
2FB562F8-3E26-48B4-AE9D-AA54109AF560 (resized).png
7CB00E97-64FA-4617-BF90-F39969662F47 (resized).jpeg
20200529_192046 (resized).jpg
20200529_192139 (resized).jpg
A23EFB32-5508-4E35-A9D9-5522407597EE (resized).jpeg
A77FCD63-6AA9-432D-AC48-778438CAF5C2 (resized).jpeg
C3F2D12F-792F-4F3A-B6D7-16353FA1169A (resized).jpeg
20200528_205525 (resized).jpg
13B3AAC4-F5F8-49BD-A519-8C2915B24FAB (resized).jpeg
66DDA1A2-D052-4C1D-9EAD-DE1A0864C9A1 (resized).jpeg
91FE3651-BD02-4610-A950-815B82A3A3F8 (resized).jpeg
20200525_132917 (resized).jpg
5F0CA0EB-BA75-4167-BBD6-52E2EE424E09 (resized).jpeg
36266128-1D1F-4F6A-83A3-5AFC90B5B39C (resized).jpeg
5F9AFFBA-A515-4D93-8923-D29C8C388D76 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10511 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 211.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

orrr lending your machine to a friend who owns none and they get addicted and you never get it back! commendable? it sucks!

Knew it!!!.....good luck getting it back

#202 6 years ago

I swear the reason they made me the god father of their children was to get at my pins! Oh wait i am the god father see avatar!

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I swear the reason they made me the god father of their children was to get at my pins! Oh wait i am the god father see Avatar!

Sounds like they made YOU " an offer you couldn't refuse"....

#204 6 years ago

Well, it's official. I am not just a 'Fan Member' on the outside looking in.

I am now a 'Card Carrying Member!'........ New Owner!.... Happy Camper!.... Deliriously Ecstatic!..... Unbelievably Impressed!..... Uncontrollably Expressing Emotions that.... (i never knew i had).

Anyhow.... Read my post: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-amazing-on-time-delivery-story

It pretty much sums it up. 'Amazing On-Time Delivery Story'.

Join me in this celebration and raise your glasses to a most incredibly designed machine and bathe yourselves in this wonderful story of how a small poor child born into poverty raised himself above the challenges set forth before him and his family, and brought to himself, his wife and his children, this incredible experience that brings happiness to all of those that have surrounded this poor young man and his family. (a touching story, you've got to read.)

HAHA, having fun here, Deliriously Happy... just wanting to share with my pinside buddies. (you've got to read the post)

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

Well, it's official. I am not just a 'Fan Member' on the outside looking in.
I am now a 'Card Carrying Member!'........ New Owner!.... Happy Camper!.... Deliriously Ecstatic!..... Unbelievably Impressed!..... Uncontrollably Expressing Emotions that.... (i never knew i had).
Anyhow.... Read my post: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-amazing-on-time-delivery-story
It pretty much sums it up. 'Amazing On-Time Delivery Story'.
Join me in this celebration and raise your glasses to a most incredibly designed machine and bathe yourselves in this wonderful story of how a small poor child born into poverty raised himself above the challenges set forth before him and his family, and brought to himself, his wife and his children, this incredible experience that brings happiness to all of those that have surrounded this poor young man and his family. (a touching story, you've got to read.)
HAHA, having fun here, Deliriously Happy... just wanting to share with my pinside buddies. (you've got to read the post)

Saw it...CONGRATS!!! Awesome machine.....

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from clg:

To adjust the castle loop all you need to do is raise the wire form that controls the ball in the loop. I just raised mine slightly by lifting/bending it with my fingers, no tools are needed very small and easy adjustment. I have mine adjusted so that the wire form is a bit over the midway point on the ball, it was a bit below the midway point before.

I did mine too, and it makes a big difference. The ball tends to stay in the castle loop when shot, instead of bouncing out most of the time. All I did was to slide the pf out a bit, hooked a finger under the middle of the upside-down-U-shaped wire at the top of the loop, and pulled upward to bend it up a bit. Would not have thought to do this on my own, and interesting that it fixes the bounce-out problem so well...

#207 6 years ago

I played a WOZ on location today. Yes, I own one, but any chance to play. As soon as it served up the first ball and I saw the blue monkey lights on solid blue I knew I was in trouble. It has been a while since I played 1.xx of WOZ, and the difference is night and day. Operators, think of the children... Update to 3.0 (and jeepers, level your games!).

And Geremy, a hearty welcome to the club!!!

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I did mine too, and it makes a big difference. The ball tends to stay in the castle loop when shot, instead of bouncing out most of the time. All I did was to slide the pf out a bit, hooked a finger under the middle of the upside-down-U-shaped wire at the top of the loop, and pulled upward to bend it up a bit. Would not have thought to do this on my own, and interesting that it fixes the bounce-out problem so well...

Is it me just being lucky, or can others "backhand" around the search loop most of the time with the flipper and not have and problems? Haven't adjusted anything - seems to great on mine.

Congrats Geremy on your purchase. Grab the munchinland playfield edge cliffy asap - it is the essential one and not hard to fit relative to some of the others.

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Is it me just being lucky, or can others "backhand" around the search loop most of the time with the flipper and not have and problems? Haven't adjusted anything - seems to great on mine.
Congrats Geremy on your purchase. Grab the munchinland playfield edge cliffy asap - it is the essential one and not hard to fit relative to some of the others.

Your game might be shaped a bit differently out of the box. With mine, about 2/3 of the good shots to the loop would stop at the top and come back out. Now they go around smoothly.

#210 6 years ago

I had to hit the loop just right or it would reject, much easier and faster now. I find I can lock balls much more easily.

On the munchkin cliffy I had 300+games on mine before I added it and only one small dent, I don't get many airballs at all so interesting how individual machines can vary.

Had a great game yesterday 1.2 million. I stacked ECMB, CB (lights on so not that bad), and Haunted. Big points it was awesome! Almost got the witch that game but just drained after making the first four shots. The game is just a blast to play, it is always the first one I go to.

#211 6 years ago

Comment: Is it just me or is this a 5 ball game?

I have played around with Tron and AC/DC just having fun and set them to 10 balls for 'learning' or testing new strategies. And then quickly put it back to 3 balls.

But, having played WOZ just a few games (80) in the last 24 hours. (I don't work on Sunday),,,, I had to put it on 5 right away. Well, remember that I am new. Can't wait to share with everybody when I get over 5,000 points!

#212 6 years ago

Start off with 5 ball until you better with it, you will enjoy it much more that way! I have my Lotr Le and WPT on 6 ball to experience most of what it has to offer.

I also keep the out lanes out and settings on medium difficulty and don't use death saves or nudge the crap out of my pins….

#213 6 years ago

I am about ready to go to 5. I think i may need to just put them all on 5

#214 6 years ago

Mine's on 3, average settings, with a ballsave, and it works fine. Some games are bad and pretty quick, some are quite immersive and longer.

For WPT, put it on 5 (6?) ball and extra-easy. It'll be a major stacked multi-ball fest! Too crazy to even keep track of what;s going on.

#215 6 years ago

Question, vibration noise sometimes from side rails where glass meets (that plastic channel in there i assume)

(i say sometimes cause it doesn't always happen when i pull/replace glass)

i know this isnt exactly a woz specific issue, but do you seasoned pin vets have any advice? i think i saw someone mention there was special tape for this. any home grown remedies? (electrical tape?)

Any advice appreciated.

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

Comment: Is it just me or is this a 5 ball game?
I have played around with Tron and AC/DC just having fun and set them to 10 balls for 'learning' or testing new strategies. And then quickly put it back to 3 balls.
But, having played WOZ just a few games (80) in the last 24 hours. (I don't work on Sunday),,,, I had to put it on 5 right away. Well, remember that I am new. Can't wait to share with everybody when I get over 5,000 points!

I set mine to 5, moved the two outlane posts in, and moved the castle field exit post in, heh. dont feel bad, lol.

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

For WPT, put it on 5 (6?) ball and extra-easy. It'll be a major stacked multi-ball fest! Too crazy to even keep track of what;s going on.

I've got to get back on WPT! And try the "extra easy" stack fest…..

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I set mine to 5, moved the two outlane posts in, and moved the castle field exit post in, heh. dont feel bad, lol.

Fantastic idea!... I have already changed the balls to 5 for this short time until I master the game (haha)... but changing the outlane posts will be something done soon, I am sure!

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

Fantastic idea!... I have already changed the balls to 5 for this short time until I master the game (haha)... but changing the outlane posts will be something done soon, I am sure!

Yeah they are all easy to do, you do need to get a little creative when doing the castle field exit post, you have to take the wire habbitrails off, some have removed or loosened the upper playfield, but i just got a mini socket wrench that just fit perfectly in there and was able to do it in place. If you do the left outlane post (theres no place like home) just remember that you also have to move the metal ball guide out as well (there is a hole for it, you just cant see it till you move it)

Once i did this, far less drains, maybe when i get better i will move stuff back, but for now it makes it alot more fun for me (and other newbs that come over and play)

#220 6 years ago

I have my game on 3-ball, with no easy settings. I like the idea that there are some game features that might take months to see, if ever at all.

#221 6 years ago

Question for the experienced players:

What happens if the ball goes under right upper flipper back to the shooterlane ? On mine nothing happens .. is it active in a mode ?!

Right miniplayfield. The ball goes behind the door and pops out again ... is there also a mode where the ball will be trapped behind the door or only shooting in, popping out, shooting in ...

Sometimes it needs several troes to get a ball out of the ballthrough, changed the power for this coils up and down ... does not help. Any idea ?

Right upper flipper .. very very hard to make a skillshot with that finger. Coilpower to max but if the ball is on top of the flipperfinger (flipperbat) it seems powerless. Checked EOS and mechanik, all fine.

I am pretty happy with my WOZ for some days now. Fixed today a broken door on the castle mini playfield.
Not funny but, okay .. its a new producer in the market and the pin is awsome: quailty, gameplay, lightning, soudn .. GREAT !!

To topic: 3 balls are standart on tournaments and back from the 1980´to today .. so 3 ball is my game
But for sure, with 3 balls I will never see the end of the game ...

#222 6 years ago

In my day ALL pins were 5 ball games because each game had - count 'em- 5 balls. No recycling of one ball 5 times. You could easily have a 5 ball multiball by pulling the plunger 5 times. Trouble was, as there were no flippers, once the ball was in play you could push and nudge and that was about it. My WOZLE will be set at the old school 5 balls...when I get it.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

What happens if the ball goes under right upper flipper back to the shooterlane ? On mine nothing happens .. is it active in a mode ?!

If the insert for 'Collect' is lit you collect points for your Horses of a Different Color, which is a whole minigame of its own. You try to collect horses that are either all the same color or all different, with rainbows wild.

Quoted from TomDK:

Right miniplayfield. The ball goes behind the door and pops out again ... is there also a mode where the ball will be trapped behind the door or only shooting in, popping out, shooting in ...

The left miniplayfield, I'm assuming? If you shoot the door and then the saucer, it should spot two(?) letters in rescue. Alternatively, if lit, this is where you start rescue multiball/collect super jackpots/etc. For a brief rules summary of this part of the game, look at the top left quadrant of the rule snapshot in the instant info (the map-thing).

On the right miniplayfield you shoot around the loop a bunch of times to collect a munchkin mode

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Question, vibration noise sometimes from side rails where glass meets (that plastic channel in there i assume)
(i say sometimes cause it doesn't always happen when i pull/replace glass)
i know this isnt exactly a woz specific issue, but do you seasoned pin vets have any advice? i think i saw someone mention there was special tape for this. any home grown remedies? (electrical tape?)
Any advice appreciated.

Some people report using electrical tape just fine, I've heard it can come loose and gum things up, it's not the best sticking tape in the world. If you have some handy couldn't hurt to try, worst case scenario you have to goo gone it off the glass if it leaves a mess. Big deal.

But if you're looking to get the "real thing" this is the specialty tape you're thinking of: http://pinballpro.net/shop/anti-rattle-tape-ar-1/

#225 6 years ago

I normally don't care for 5 ball, it makes games feel like they drag on. Especially if your game is set to allow earning extra balls.

When I played WOZ at a friend's the other night it was set to 5 ball, and it actually felt pretty natural. Maybe if I played more my ball time would go up as I learned WTF I was doing and where the dangerous shots were etc, but in my brief play I went through all 5 balls without spending a ton of time grinding.

WOZ is really a spiritual successor to EMs in a lot of ways. Rollover switches, no real ramps. Maybe that's why 5 ball feels right.

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Some people report using electrical tape just fine, I've heard it can come loose and gum things up, it's not the best sticking tape in the world. If you have some handy couldn't hurt to try, worst case scenario you have to goo gone it off the glass if it leaves a mess. Big deal.
But if you're looking to get the "real thing" this is the specialty tape you're thinking of: http://pinballpro.net/shop/anti-rattle-tape-ar-1/

Thnx, i saw the pinballpro tape mentioned in another thread. my only concern is that someone mentioned it was nearly impossible to remove. of course.. why would i want to remove it? lol. I assume i wont need to. so i am struggling there a bit on that one. heh.

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

If the insert for 'Collect' is lit you collect points for your Horses of a Different Color, which is a whole minigame of its own. You try to collect horses that are either all the same color or all different, with rainbows wild.

The left miniplayfield, I'm assuming? If you shoot the door and then the saucer, it should spot two(?) letters in rescue. Alternatively, if lit, this is where you start rescue multiball/collect super jackpots/etc. For a brief rules summary of this part of the game, look at the top left quadrant of the rule snapshot in the instant info (the map-thing).
On the right miniplayfield you shoot around the loop a bunch of times to collect a munchkin mode

Thank you for the infos !!

#228 6 years ago

Really want JJP ECWOZ no room . This will do for now. Jimi 'Some where over the Rainbow" If you see anything in my collection that strikes your fancy for a trade hit me up via PM.

#229 6 years ago

I’m enjoying my woz, but the wife has a few questions and I don’t know the answer, so maybe I can get some help here, (see how I blamed her. )
1) The good witch’s magic wand (the center target between the ramps) how do you relight it?
2) When plunging the ball hard trying to go to the haunted forest. The ball seems to hang up on something. Near top dead center unless it’s hit just right is this the intended action? Or do I need to figure out what it’s hitting and make an adjustment?
3) When trying to rescue Dorothy you hit a loop shot instead it locks a ball and you have to relight rescue again, what is the purpose and how do you unlock that ball? Dose it turn rescue dorath into a 3 ball multiball?
4) I get a lot of kickbacks from the crystal ball is that common? Or does it need attention? Or do I just need to not suck so much at it? : )
5)

#230 6 years ago

Concerning your #2 question. I have noticed that sometimes the ball on my woz stalls a little at the top. Even more so under the munchkinland area (rolling back to the flipper). Not every time but a lot.

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I’m enjoying my woz, but the wife has a few questions and I don’t know the answer, so maybe I can get some help here, (see how I blamed her. )
1) The good witch’s magic wand (the center target between the ramps) how do you relight it?
2) When plunging the ball hard trying to go to the haunted forest. The ball seems to hang up on something. Near top dead center unless it’s hit just right is this the intended action? Or do I need to figure out what it’s hitting and make an adjustment?
3) When trying to rescue Dorothy you hit a loop shot instead it locks a ball and you have to relight rescue again, what is the purpose and how do you unlock that ball? Dose it turn rescue dorath into a 3 ball multiball?
4) I get a lot of kickbacks from the crystal ball is that common? Or does it need attention? Or do I just need to not suck so much at it? : )
5)

1) I remember reading how to do it somewhere, but no longer remember.

2) Part of the design. There is a slight bend in the right hand metal guide under the munchkin playfield that causes this. Some people have tried to straighten the guide but it is like this on all the machines.

3)Normally the loop awards a letter, but if you have all the rescue letters lit, the "search" insert in the loop turns green and the big insert in front of the door turns yellow. To rescue Dorothy and start Rescue multiball you have to hit the doors a few times causing them to open then put the ball into the saucer behind the doors. If you hit the loop when the insert is green you will get a virtual ball lock, and the rescue letters must be collected again before you can rescue Dorothy, but when you do it will be a three ball multiball. Rinse and repeat for up to a five ball Rescue multiball.

4) The Crystal ball shot can be tough, but I don't notice an unusual amount of rejections (unlike the search loop on the castle playfield before I adjusted the metal guide wire).

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

1) I remember reading how to do it somewhere, but no longer remember.

I think the insert in the Haunted Forest relights Glinda. The same one that lights for the skill shot. Don't quote me on that one though.

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I think the insert in the Haunted Forest relights Glinda. The same one that lights for the skill shot. Don't quote me on that one though.

I was thinking the same thing but did not want to say it, since as I said, my memory is sketchy. But, if we both think it, it's probably correct.

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I thought it was the switch between the pop bumpers and the haunted/crystal ball saucer.

#235 6 years ago

The switch behind the rubber in front of the haunted forest relights glinda. The one next to the crystal ball mount.

#236 6 years ago

Thanks for the answers so far it looks like 1&3 have been cleared up. anybody else on 2&4 .

Quoted from Jvspin:

Part of the design. There is a slight bend in the right hand metal guide under the munchkin playfield that causes this. Some people have tried to straighten the guide but it is like this on all the machines.

So are you saying that just how it is? Oh! as long as I'm thinking about it why when you shoot the outer loop under the munchkin play field the magnet at the top sometimes grabs the ball and then just releases it?( unrelated to when the winged monkey is lit and it holds it for the monkey)

anybody else have a problem with making the crystal ball shot?

#237 6 years ago

Crystal ball is a tight shot.. There isn't an issue with that one because they are solid posts but definitely have to make a perfect shot.

Roll the ball manually around the loop.. see if it gets around (it should as you are making the right orbit many times during a game) it may just be that the entry ball rail at the end of the shooter lane is slightly misaligned and the ball sometimes hits it leaving the shooter causing it to bounce around and not go around cleanly.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Roll the ball manually around the loop.. see if it gets around (it should as you are making the right orbit many times during a game) it may just be that the entry ball rail at the end of the shooter lane is slightly misaligned and the ball sometimes hits it leaving the shooter causing it to bounce around and not go around cleanly.

thanks Alex .I'll try that and let you know

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The switch behind the rubber in front of the haunted forest relights glinda. The one next to the crystal ball mount.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

I stand corrected. Thanks for the answers Alex.

I'll have to take a look at the exit to my shooter lane now.

Orbits are smooth and never hang up.
Auto-plunge often makes it around without hanging up.
A hard normal plunge hangs up.

I thought this was normal operation.

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I stand corrected. Thanks for the answers Alex.
I'll have to take a look at the exit to my shooter lane now.
Orbits are smooth and never hang up.
Auto-plunge often makes it around without hanging up.
A hard normal plunge hangs up.
I thought this was normal operation.

yes thanks Alex, mine operates the exact same way, maybe I need to work on a more skillful plunge if I want to get it all the way around .

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Crystal ball is a tight shot.. There isn't an issue with that one because they are solid posts but definitely have to make a perfect shot.

Is that a nice way of saying I just suck at that shot lol!

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Is that a nice way of saying I just suck at that shot lol!

LOL.. Wasn't going to say it because i'm just as bad at it. I've had a woz in my home for 18 months, only Keith I think has had a finished one longer and I watch videos online of customers playing and say to myself. Damn I suck...

#242 6 years ago

You know, this pin is a hard b*tch, sometimes she loves you and most of the time she doesn't!

There are so many difficult, yet progressive shots that need to be made its hard to keep it all straight. It's like a chess match to beat this thing down…….

I'm having so much fun with it, it never gets old and anybody that comes over, especially non pinheads, always go straight to it because of the monitor and the light show…...

#243 6 years ago

Ok, I think I'm onto something I just played a few games and noticed that when you pull the plunger back and hold it you can feel a small amount of play in it, (normal). so if you pull down towards the floor a little as you let the plunger go it strikes the pinball maybe just a little above center which maybe puts a little spin on it like a cue ball in poll,and it comes out of the shooter lane cleanly, and it goes around 90% of the time. does that make sense? If not disregard I'm just rambling.

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Ok, I think I'm onto something I just played a few games and noticed that when you pull the plunger back and hold it you can feel a small amount of play in it, (normal). so if you pull down towards the floor a little as you let the plunger go it strikes the pinball maybe just a little above center which maybe puts a little spin on it like a cue ball in poll,and it comes out of the shooter lane cleanly, and it goes around 90% of the time. does that make sense? If not disregard I'm just rambling.

Yeah it does, I rarely don't get it around the loop because of that "pull" strategy!

#245 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to give it a try.

#246 6 years ago

WOZ Impression:

Well, after 1 week of ownership I feel the need to share my review. Now seeing as this is a 'Fan Club' thread I don't suppose I will get hammered for the opinion.

1.) This game is in a league of it's own. I've written about this and compared it to baseball and my other games, I like them all, and they all have there place in the sport I suppose. But, Damn, I really have to express that I feel this game is in a league of it's own.

2.) there is no 2.

I am just so impressed with all of the features, the technology, the game play, the 'light show'... LED's rockin' out all over the place... everything just seems so much in perfect harmony. NOTE: I am not a big 'Wizard of OZ' movie fan, and when I watched all of the youtube video's before I purchased it, I figured the sound/ music would get on my nerve's after a bit.... but it hasn't happened!

Now of course I am still learning the game, so can't provide any really good review of the game rules, etc... but I have to say that the game flow, and possibilities of hitting shots that I am actually trying to achieve is just perfect for my game style. And did I mention the 'light show'!..... Just Fantastic!... It is just something that I have never seen (other than the few times on location.)... It is something that doesn't even come close to my proudly installed 'Eli Mod' that I have installed on my Tron. (eli-mod I highly recommend by the way.)..... But the excitement that I had then, and the excitement that I have now do not even belong in the same conversation. It is just that impressive.

So my Tron is an excellent game (one that I enjoy playing when I feel like hitting fast balls), AC/DC is an excellent game when I feel like sitting in the bleachers drinking a cold one and complimenting the ladies. (a most excellent game!)...

And WOZ is simply the best ballpark I have ever been to. Regardless of the sport. I am in awe, just simply exploring my surroundings. What an awesome place this is!

I think JJP hit it OUT OF THE PARK on this one. (I am not a JJP, or Stern fan or otherwise... like them both).....

I also think it will be hard for JJP to match the performance of this product. I am a big 'Lord of the Rings' fan, and would love to see The Hobbit pull it off......... but I just don't see how. Just my take and my early review.

Can't wait for next week!

#247 6 years ago

Glad you are enjoying it! I posted something like this a few weeks after I got mine but got the 'you are in a honeymoon phase' posts and it will change. Well over 5 months now and still love it plus I am much better at it now. Very curious about hobbit and I am sure they will do a good job on it i am not going to pre pay for one but expect it will be awesome and that I will pick one up.

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Glad you are enjoying it! I posted something like this a few weeks after I got mine but got the 'you are in a honeymoon phase' posts and it will change. Well over 5 months now and still love it plus I am much better at it now. Very curious about hobbit and I am sure they will do a good job on it i am not going to pre pay for one but expect it will be awesome and that I will pick one up.

Thank you. I know I am in the Honeymoon phase, and I'm OK with it. We shall see in the coming months but I feel the same as you and think that WOZ and my game room will still be together. I am like you and am hoping the best for the Hobbit... I wish them only the best. I will not pre-order. NOT because of all the other issues with pre-ordering, but I am skeptical that they can match this WOZ product. I will certainly want to see it first, play it first, and then determine if the finances will allow it to be justified.

Couple of reasons on my short list: The Hobbit would be a much more desired product for me and my preferences in themes. I truly enjoyed reading the books, and watching the movies thus far. But, WOZ has this incredible display of 'colors' that work perfectly for a 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' kind of theme.... all the colors, changing and moving in all directions... multiple color schemes that all 'fit' for the theme. The Hobbit, on the other hand will need to be 'dark' in color schemes compared to WOZ (rightly so), but I don't know how many shades of grey and brown will be attractive to me on the pinball machine, except for the one segment that might reference the 'shire' and display some 'green' LED's... just my take. Also the 'whitewood' looks cool thus far, but I can't see where they are going to pack as much fun into The Hobbit as WOZ... again,,,, just my take.

Quoted from JIM_Z:

I am about ready to go to 5. I think i may need to just put them all on 5

This comment is so much smarter than I gave it when I initially read it the first time. So, while I have changed the balls to 5 on the WOZ simply because it felt like a 5 ball game to me and the fact that It is new to me, it made me think hard about pinball and the reasons why I put it to 5.

I am simply old school. I grew up playing pinball machines and they were all set to 5 at the arcades.... it was what I looked forward to before going to work. Go to the Arcade, unwind a little bit, and then get yourself to work!.... Now it's exactly the opposite. I come home from crazy day's at work and play pinball.

So.... while I was pondering your message, I thought to myself. 'All of these machines should be on 5 balls!"..... and why not?... These exist for me to relax and unwind after work. I am in no competition to beat anybody's score but my own. So getting a score based on 5 balls vs 3 balls is meaningless to me. I am not going to boast my score to anybody,,,,,, but putting them on 5 balls makes my game more enjoyable. And that is truly why they exist!.... So, they are now ALL on 5 balls.... I truly appreciate your input... it made me think 'why not?'.... and of course the answer was YES!... put them all on 5.

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

So.... while I was pondering your message, I thought to myself. 'All of these machines should be on 5 balls!"..... and why not?... These exist for me to relax and unwind after work. I am in no competition to beat anybody's score but my own. So getting a score based on 5 balls vs 3 balls is meaningless to me. I am not going to boast my score to anybody,,,,,, but putting them on 5 balls makes my game more enjoyable. And that is truly why they exist!.... So, they are all now on 5 balls.... I truly appreciate you input... it made me think 'why not?'.... and of course the answer was YES!... put them all on 5.

I have not done it yet,but i like the way you think.

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

I have not done it yet,but i like the way you think.

Thank you.....

I like the way I think too! It has been a blast since I put all the machines on 5 balls. In fact, sometimes I forget, and get to the third ball and think I'm done.....

But yes!.,,, I still have 2 more to go.

Such a great idea... and such an improvement in my game...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Escondido, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.00
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
There are 10511 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside