Topic Stats

• 9,390 posts
  • 517 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by BENETNATH
  • Topic is favorited by 236 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,251 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC00136 (resized).JPG
DSC00135 (resized).JPG
Capture1 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 12.47.55 PM (resized).png
DSC_2053 (resized).JPG
DSC_2052 (resized).JPG
DSC_1951 (resized).JPG
DSC_1949 (resized).JPG
55F89334-66EE-490D-BB56-E5C90A33CFF3 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
DDA8A1AF-F3F5-4302-995E-9B15024E3BE5 (resized).jpeg
D7365133-5712-4E63-AFAB-FFD2DB352547 (resized).jpeg
8D754EBC-78C1-4EB1-91E1-EB9E4A4E5360 (resized).jpeg
E1072C23-E140-4A5D-91E6-38D9623BFA65 (resized).jpeg
20191110_095548 (resized).jpg
20191110_095559 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9390 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 188.
#2401 3 years ago

Latest code is 6.06 right

#2402 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Latest code is 6.06 right

Yep, but the factory default is still zeo grace time so you'll have to find and set it in the settings if you want a ball saver.

#2403 3 years ago

Oh got it. That's def what it is then. I haven't changed factory settings. What does the competitive scene use - 7?

Also - i wish the feet would stay outside a little longer (house toy). Love that!

#2404 3 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm still having problems with my crystal ball spinner switch and would appreciate some help...
Previously, the switch acted intermittently - some games it was perfectly normal, other games it would not work at all. It was either working or not.
Last weekend I swapped out the switch for a new one. It was the same part number. I played a couple games, and it was working. I went to play a couple this morning, and it was not working at all. Same issue as before. Even going through the switch matrix test, it does the same thing. It either works perfectly or not at all.
I swapped the switch and diode, connection is secure. What else could the problem be?

Here's another clue...

I just went to reseat all the connectors from the switch to the external CPU connectors, then to the circuit board. With the glass still off, I did a manual test and it was working flawlessly. Without shutting anything off or restarting, I played a game and the switch was not registering at all during gameplay.

It almost seems like it's not a physical issue at all. Do you think re-loading the software would do anything?

#2405 3 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm still having problems with my crystal ball spinner switch and would appreciate some help...
Previously, the switch acted intermittently - some games it was perfectly normal, other games it would not work at all. It was either working or not.
Last weekend I swapped out the switch for a new one. It was the same part number. I played a couple games, and it was working. I went to play a couple this morning, and it was not working at all. Same issue as before. Even going through the switch matrix test, it does the same thing. It either works perfectly or not at all.
I swapped the switch and diode, connection is secure. What else could the problem be?

At this point i would hook a multimeter up to the switch and test with that so that you can confirm with certainty that the switch is good. If the switch is good you may have a wiring/connection issue elsewhere (I would suspect wiring before a matrix issue since it's intermittent)... possibly in the switch connector itself?

For that I would leave the switch held in an activated position and start touching/wiggling connectors in line with it startinf from the switch while in test mode. If that switch starts firing as you move something thats your bad connector.

Oh, and make sure you have HV disabled by leaving the coin door open while doing this.

#2406 3 years ago

guys - what flipper color are you using on your machine? Mine has black but I feel like I might go red.

#2407 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - what flipper color are you using on your machine? Mine has black but I feel like I might go red.

Red for RR and green for ECLE, I did an ECLE in green and it looked AMAZING!

#2408 3 years ago

flip3 (resized).jpg

flip2 (resized).jpg

flip1 (resized).jpg

flip4 (resized).jpg

#2409 3 years ago

Hey, I really like that yellow on the lower flippers, nice job!

#2410 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

At this point i would hook a multimeter up to the switch and test with that so that you can confirm with certainty that the switch is good. If the switch is good you may have a wiring/connection issue elsewhere (I would suspect wiring before a matrix issue since it's intermittent)... possibly in the switch connector itself?
For that I would leave the switch held in an activated position and start touching/wiggling connectors in line with it startinf from the switch while in test mode. If that switch starts firing as you move something thats your bad connector.
Oh, and make sure you have HV disabled by leaving the coin door open while doing this.

I found the issue. There was an open circuit in the harness in the bunch that goes between the playfield and the CPU. I had to run a new wire, which was a PITA, but it worked.

#2411 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Hey, I really like that yellow on the lower flippers, nice job!

Yeah, that looks great there.

#2412 3 years ago

Couple rules questions:

How does incrementing the yellow brick road work? Sometimes, the YBR yellow inserts are lit, others not.

Also, when shooting the orbit, sometime the magnet at the top grabs the ball. Other times not. What triggers that function?

#2413 3 years ago

It will grab the ball on hurry ups or when capture dorothy is lit. I'm not sure why YBR isn't always lit.

#2414 3 years ago

YBR alternates between the ramp and the orbits.

#2415 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

YBR alternates between the ramp and the orbits.

Yes, if the emerald shaped insert at the ramp is yellow (this is how the game starts) it will advance YBR, after you hit it the two YBR arrows on each side of the orbit are then lit. It alternates back and forth between those shots.

#2416 3 years ago

For RR owners - anyones toto toy sometimes interfere with the shooting lane/ball? Had it happen a few times.

#2417 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For RR owners - anyones toto toy sometimes interfere with the shooting lane/ball? Had it happen a few times.

Happened all the time when I first got it, the screw that holds toto to the bracket was loose, took the toy off and tightened it up making sure it was straight, problem solved.

#2418 3 years ago

Interesting BC I took the toy off and tightened yet it still interferes. Not sure the screws are the issue as if I hold the toy in that place it seems to still catch it. Would you mind taking a picture of the toys placement?

#2419 3 years ago

Try shooting with the toy off. Ball instability is pretty common even on machines without the toto toy. I put up some slow motion videos showing how if the balls trajectory is not absolutely perfect going into the shooter lane ramp it will not make it around the orbit, instead hitting the wall and bouncing around under munchkin land.

Lots of therories and possible solutions in this thread. To summarize:
- replace shooter tip
- make sure playfield centered
- general randomness
- add some felt before and after HOADC.. i tried soft felt which seems to have improved things but not completely. Going to try stiffer felt next.

#2420 3 years ago

OK - but don't have a problem besides the ball hitting the toto toy sometimes. Seems like if the bracket was higher, the toy would be higher and therefore not even come close to the ball shootng out

#2421 3 years ago

Well, if you have already confirmed that its toto (that pesky dog) then I would add some sort of spacer to give more space. Probably a small washer or two would be enough.

I was just thinking that shooter issues are pretty common even without toto so it might only appear to be caused by toto.

#2422 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - but don't have a problem besides the ball hitting the toto toy sometimes. Seems like if the bracket was higher, the toy would be higher and therefore not even come close to the ball shootng out

Put a couple washers under the bracket. Raising the character will solve this problem.
There are a lot of factors involved when launching the ball. Sometimes its completely airborne, other times it hits the built in randomiser.

Other times its so erratic it wont go all the way up.

Its pinball.....

#2423 3 years ago

That's exactly what I'll do. Thanks

#2424 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Nice score! Usually when I hit those kinds of numbers its from a great munchkin mode along with a multiball and a HOADC multiplyer. Its awarded as a bonus so watch for it there and whatever you do don't tilt

Thanks for the compliment and info!

#2425 3 years ago

SHOW ME YOURRR... flipper band, shooter band, and post colors please! I have an order in the cue with Eric, and would love to see your artistic flair! I saw some nice flipper colors above and would really enjoy seeing some more color choices! Just a reminder, that I've only owned my RR WoZ for 2 weeks, and it's my first pin purchase, so PLEASE take a moment to SHOW OFF your WoZ!

#2426 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not yet but I've only owned mine 2 weeks. FYI, the archway on the upper deck did a lot, so after adjusting it 3 times it now works wells.

#2427 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Try shooting with the toy off. Ball instability is pretty common even on machines without the toto toy. I put up some slow motion videos showing how if the balls trajectory is not absolutely perfect going into the shooter lane ramp it will not make it around the orbit, instead hitting the wall and bouncing around under munchkin land.
Lots of therories and possible solutions in this thread. To summarize:
- replace shooter tip
- make sure playfield centered
- general randomness
- add some felt before and after HOADC.. i tried soft felt which seems to have improved things but not completely. Going to try stiffer felt next.

Yea, I'm not able to get any consistency with my plunger shots that's for sure. The Toto Toy doesn't seem to interfere at all though.

#2428 3 years ago

Glow in the dark posts in the witch castle look nice.
Oz lanes all glow in the dark.
Outlane posts yellow pop next to TOTO lettering.
Haunted Forest all matching purple slings, posts ...

witchCastle (resized).jpg

OZlanes (resized).jpg

outlanePosts (resized).jpg

hauntedForest (resized).jpg

#2429 3 years ago

i can not figure out how to get the balls out of this machine. Doesn't seem like there is a setting either and the way I used to do it on my older games doesn't work. Anyone know how to get the balls out? Want to replace them.

#2430 3 years ago

For those having inconsistent plunges, in case you missed it, a page or two back, I posted a solution that may help involving putting felt strips in the shooter lane. I also posted a pic showing where to place the felt. It has helped me considerably, though I still get the occasional failed plunge.

#2431 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

i can not figure out how to get the balls out of this machine. Doesn't seem like there is a setting either and the way I used to do it on my older games doesn't work. Anyone know how to get the balls out? Want to replace them.

If you open the coin door, you can manually press the coil up to get the balls out one at a time. Make sure the high voltage is off or just do it with the power off.

#2432 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Tests - Device Test - Ball Trough Test, hitting enter will kick the ball out and it will be auto-launched.

#2433 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Friend and I picked these up at York. Has anyone installed them yet?

Finally installed. Very easy. You'll obviously have to remove the hinge bolts and cut that hole out. Piece of cake and went in very easily. The different lighting effects being out different colors.

IMG_3245 (resized).JPG

IMG_3248 (resized).JPG

IMG_3246 (resized).JPG

IMG_3249 (resized).JPG

IMG_3251 (resized).JPG

IMG_3252 (resized).JPG

IMG_3254 (resized).JPG

IMG_3256 (resized).JPG

IMG_3259 (resized).JPG

IMG_3257 (resized).JPG

IMG_3260 (resized).JPG

#2434 3 years ago

Who sells those pinblades?

#2435 3 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

Who sells those pinblades?

Tilt does but they don't have the new ones up on their site yet.

#2436 3 years ago

Ok, thanks. The other ones from tilt just didn't fit the theme. I bought some mirrors that I haven't installed yet and I really like these more than the mirrors.

#2437 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Wired up 4 Starpost lights under the slings as suggested by TaylorVA. I wired them to the spotlight circuit instead of the coindoor lights. Think i might add 1 or 2 spot lights still to shine under where the 2 wireforms criss-cross mid playfield. Overall i like the Starpost lights, thanks again TaylorVA!

I did mine like this.

spot lamps 008 (resized).JPG

spot lamps 009 (resized).JPG

spot lamps 010 (resized).JPG

spot lamps 011 (resized).JPG

spot lamps 012 (resized).JPG

#2438 3 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

I did mine like this.

Thats looks good. I like that you didnt put the spots on the slings to keep a cleaner look. I ended up taking the lower starposts out and adding a trough led strip. Going to add single spots similar to what you did shining on playfield under criss-cross rails. What spotlight LED's did you use?

#2439 3 years ago

Well, the slippers lasted about 350 plays. At least it didn't break. What adhesive do you suggest using?

IMG_0003 (resized).jpg

#2440 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Well, the slippers lasted about 350 plays. At least it didn't break. What adhesive do you suggest using?

Gel super glue should work well.

#2441 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Thats looks good. I like that you didnt put the spots on the slings to keep a cleaner look. I ended up taking the lower starposts out and adding a trough led strip. Going to add single spots similar to what you did shining on playfield under criss-cross rails. What spotlight LED's did you use?

So for noobs like myself; what volt LEDs should we be using to tie into WOZ and do you just tie into one of the GIs? Or other spot lights?

#2442 3 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

I did mine like this.

That looks pretty danged nice but what does it to do the lighting effects when the lower PF is dimmed, such as when you are trying to light rescue / start rescue MB? I've always worried it would ruin the vibe of certain lighting modes.

#2443 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So for noobs like myself; what volt LEDs should we be using to tie into WOZ and do you just tie into one of the GIs? Or other spot lights?

Tie into the spotlights. Use 12 volt LEDs.

I did similar to what Jim_Z did except I used only one spotlight on each side and mounted them a little lower. Having a spotlight facing toward the player would have been too blinding for me.
I also put a spotlight in the trough facing toward the ramp to have light throw from front to back.

The Comet Optix Maximus is a nice bright choice if you want to add a couple spotlights.

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/opmax12v.htm

#2444 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I recently had this issue. I ended up taking a dremel to the flippers and the bottom of the slippers to rough them up before applying glue. I used epoxy.

#2445 3 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

Glow in the dark posts in the witch castle look nice.
Oz lanes all glow in the dark.
Outlane posts yellow pop next to TOTO lettering.
Haunted Forest all matching purple slings, posts ...

Oh man does that look really nice!

#2446 3 years ago

Any trick to getting the trees off the pop bumpers? I was thinking of adding the eye lights but can't find the right size to take off the screws in the back of them.

#2447 3 years ago

I remember having to use a deep well socket or used a wrench as the shape made it difficult to get a nut driver on.

#2448 3 years ago
#2449 3 years ago

I've had woz about a year, and I still don't have a good way to make the Horse of a different colour shot...
Any tips? Right flipper or left?

#2450 3 years ago

I always had trouble hitting the crystal ball with my right flipper. It had to be a perfect shot and rejected 85% of the time. After being on location for 4 months that shot is like butter now

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Braunfels, TX
There are 9390 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 188.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside