Topic Stats

• 9,732 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by BENETNATH
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,296 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0114202103 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
23DFA0F8-F7D9-42C7-8453-91C8A1D53110 (resized).jpeg
FD7E2A3C-284E-40FF-B7CA-E61EE101FC4D (resized).jpeg
48412A48-5DB3-409D-87E0-6561CAAC4287 (resized).jpeg
5A5C6F21-5817-44DD-AD1E-007D340956E3 (resized).jpeg
B46EE18D-238B-473F-9CCC-5C7024BE0644 (resized).jpeg
F7AAC952-38F1-4E43-A438-332C3312069A (resized).jpeg
54291594-2914-42B3-9F07-0D00BB386FA9 (resized).jpeg
8E504E51-718C-4C02-8AC5-CD6CDFE89043 (resized).jpeg
0241E615-0E07-4B7A-8CA3-CA4B3DE8CD87.jpeg
41FFFEBA-72F4-4B67-8ABE-84B207C59FA1.jpeg
3E45001E-B173-486D-8F98-DA99B261538F.jpeg
hallmark_2025 (resized).jpg
4DBCA69C-D905-4480-826D-DC07C7F064F9 (resized).jpeg
0B2E9FB8-C7F4-43DC-BF21-0DA79AADAD48 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9732 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 195.
#2351 3 years ago

Nice I'll give it a shot and let you know

#2352 3 years ago

My wife and I just had a mini pindemption tournament. She won with 57 tickets in 3 minutes. She said she likes playing that way better because it evens out the playing between us, and she doesn't have to wait. She did go through 8 balls in those 3 minutes, but hey, she won!

#2353 3 years ago

Woop Hoooooooooooooo!!! Now to do it streaming and then new objective!

IMG_20160930_063838 (resized).jpg

#2354 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I had this exact problem when I unboxed my Ruby Red. The LED strip itself was faulty. Contact JJP and they should send you out a new LED strip. It's easy to replace.

Thanks Jakers

Called Frank at 222, have a new one on the way. I was trying to put in a ticket but found out there is a issue with the new user set up on the support site. As always, JJP was super helpful.

#2355 3 years ago

WOZ GI lighting

I am thinking about enhancing the GI lighting but do not really need the full kit that is available. Thinking about adding three spots, one mounted on the existing post for Dorothy house light and another new post with two spots near the crystal ball VUK. Plan was to tap into the L4 plug for the house spot and the L1 (may have them backwards) for the castle spot. Thinking I would just make a wye harness at each plug for the tap rather than messing with any of the factory wiring-plus it would be easily removable. Bulbs would be 12v led of course. Question is will the existing wiring etc handle the additional load? I am assuming that the led draw is minimal but not an expert.

Thanks,

#2356 3 years ago
Quoted from 1quartershort:

WOZ GI lighting
I am thinking about enhancing the GI lighting but do not really need the full kit that is available. Thinking about adding three spots, one mounted on the existing post for Dorothy house light and another new post with two spots near the crystal ball VUK. Plan was to tap into the L4 plug for the house spot and the L1 (may have them backwards) for the castle spot. Thinking I would just make a wye harness at each plug for the tap rather than messing with any of the factory wiring-plus it would be easily removable. Bulbs would be 12v led of course. Question is will the existing wiring etc handle the additional load? I am assuming that the led draw is minimal but not an expert.
Thanks,

The existing spotlight circuit can handle three additional bright 12v LEDs with no problem.

#2357 3 years ago

The speaker that is directly under my cabinet is really soft. How loud is yours? When I looked at it, it looks like the black wire that connects to the speaker might be severed right next to the plug. It is crimped there, so I can't tell whether it is fully severed or if signal is getting through.

#2358 3 years ago

Just played this at the York Show. My. God. What an incredible pin. My son and I played this and the Hobbit and (btw we are huge Tolkien fans) WOZ just stood out further. Well done! I am reading up on the differences between the RR and standard and .. Well we may join the club soon! Outstanding. I don't want to take sides as I want all pin companies to succeed (yes, I guess even AP) but this blew away the later Stern machines I've played . Felt more ... Substantial? Somehow. It's probably psychological but .. Anyway. JJP great great work on this..

#2359 3 years ago

Wired up 4 Starpost lights under the slings as suggested by TaylorVA. I wired them to the spotlight circuit instead of the coindoor lights. Think i might add 1 or 2 spot lights still to shine under where the 2 wireforms criss-cross mid playfield. Overall i like the Starpost lights, thanks again TaylorVA!

20161001_230733 (resized).jpg

20161001_230743 (resized).jpg

20161001_230808 (resized).jpg

#2360 3 years ago

Looks nice! I may have to go with those myself.

Also I tried Nokoro's ball launch felt fix. So far so good, about 20 plunges in including auto launches all successful.

Here is what I used, but I'm wondering if the hard felt might be better? Got this at Hobby Lobby.

IMG_4681 (resized).JPG

#2361 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Also I tried Nokoro's ball launch felt fix. So far so good, about 20 plunges in including auto launches all successful. Here is what I used, but I'm wondering if the hard felt might be better? Got this at Hobby Lobby.

Glad it's working. I think I probably used hard felt because my sheet is fairly stiff, but I honestly didn't know there were two types.

#2362 3 years ago

I posted this elsewhere (in a thread about pindemption), but I thought I would repeat here for people who are considering pindemption:

Just to report back after playing with pindemption for a few days:

* It's fun, but obviously not very deep. It definitely won't be the main way I play, and in fact, I played more on regular rules than pindemption rules even though it was new.

* Still, it's great for a quick fix. Last night, I only had a few minutes to play and didn't want to get sucked into a long game, so I played with the pindemption rules. I have it set to 3 minutes and sudden death. I had a blast. I'm trying to melt the witch in that amount of time (more about that below), and I loved trying to complete the objectives in a short time period. It was fairly addictive.

* The objectives are simplified but kind of cool. For instance, to melt the witch, you first have to spell each of the characters via the roll overs and also advance 10 times down the yellow brick road. It's pretty difficult to do that in 3 minutes, but I only have average shot accuracy. I finally did it last night with 20 seconds left. The witch shot is then red. If you hit it, it seems like you go into an abbreviated BTWW mode. The BTWW music comes on, the playfield turns green, and the winkie shot is lit. That's as far as I made it before time ran out, but I assume you have to shoot that shot and then the ramp followed by the witch. But, you only have one ball in play, so I'm not sure. Again, it is pretty addictive to try to do this in 3 minutes.

* The animation for the ticket awards is cool, and it is fun when you get a large pay out like completing the castle objective. That involves lighting the monkeys, getting Dorthy captured, spelling RESCUE and bashing the doors. Since you only have one ball, once Dorthy is captured, you are immediately up in the castle playfield and can start trying to spell RESCUE.

* As expected, it is good for people who are less familiar with pinball. My daughter had a friend over yesterday who had never played a pinball machine. (I had to show her where the flipper buttons were and what they did.) Her game would have been over in seconds on normal settings. But, she got to play for a full 3 minutes and really enjoyed collecting the tickets. At the end, I heard her tell my daughter that pinball was fun. Again, she may have had a completely different experience on normal settings. Even my wife prefers it. We had a mini pindemption tournament. (She won with 57 tickets.) She liked taking turns and not having to wait a long time for me to finish a really good ball.

* So, overall, it is a good compliment to regular play, though most of the time I will be playing regular rules.

EDIT: The BTWW mode in pindemption actually puts two balls in play and starts with the winkie shot being lit. I guess when I got there before, time ran out before it could put the second ball in play. Kind of nice that they give you a multiball mode.

#2363 3 years ago

Oh so close to melting the witch today... made the shots, trapped the ball, went around the house and *DOH!!* missed the witch, then drained. *sob*

Anyway, just a comment on the music in that mode... absolutely incredible! Especially that climatic buildup to the final shot. Wow! It really is the soundtrack to what is happening on the playfield in the moment.

#2364 3 years ago

hey guys - just joined the club (RR). Do you play 3 or 5 ball? My game is on 5 right now but is that standard? Thought it was always 3?

#2365 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

hey guys - just joined the club (RR). Do you play 3 or 5 ball? My game is on 5 right now but is that standard? Thought it was always 3?

Congrats on your purchase! I play 3. There are plenty of opportunities to earn extra balls. Default settings are 3, and I would recommend starting there before you up it.

#2366 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I play on 3. And 3 is standard

#2367 3 years ago

Welcome!! 3 ball is the standard but many of us have had it set to 5 while getting a feel for the table. I'm back at 3 now after our recent factory setting challenge which was a blast.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions, helpful group here.

#2368 3 years ago

3 balls but have it set up for extra balls if I achieve high scores. Stinker games then are quicker.
I have my fair share of low scoring games since I haven't melted the witch since the last 2 code updates.
Still love the game.

#2369 3 years ago

thanks guys - I'll drop down to 3 in a little bit. Loving the game so far. Code is 6.06 which I believe is the latest. Bought from owner and HUO. Game looks stunning. Really need to understand the rules first. Still look for mode start although not even sure there is one!!! haha. Also - trying to reset high score which I did through the menu but it appears to still show them. How do you erase all high scores?

...and how do you remove the flipper rubbers with the shoes on top? Do those snap off?

#2370 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks guys - I'll drop down to 3 in a little bit. Loving the game so far. Code is 6.06 which I believe is the latest. Bought from owner and HUO. Game looks stunning. Really need to understand the rules first. Still look for mode start although not even sure there is one!!! haha.

There's 3 mode starts really. One for crystal ball via the left spinner shot by the BALL targets. Then there's haunted modes accessed by the lane to the left of the pop bumpers - when the haunted mode is ready the arrow will flash like a pink-purple color and you can hold both flippers to kill power to the bumpers which will help get the ball in that lane. The last set of modes is munchkin modes from looping the house upper pf - access it by spelling RAINBOW then hit like 5-7 loops. If the ball drops you get like 5 secs to get it back up there to continue.

There's also rescue mb on the upper left pf. You can access a 2, 3, 4, or 5 ball multiball. I just played a 5 ball rescue mb for the first time and it was intense!

#2371 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

...and how do you remove the flipper rubbers with the shoes on top? Do those snap off?

You can pull the flipper rubber around the slipper. The slippers are glued in place.

There is a setting to delete all the high scores. I think you need to push the start button to confirm it.

#2372 3 years ago

You can also backup the current settings to a usb stick and perform a factory setting reset. Then adjust from there how you like the game or restore back from the backup if you want to go back.

Yeah, start to confirm reset type actions.

#2373 3 years ago

I love how friendly and helpful everyone in this thread is. Now if I could just get ISIS and the Taliban to play some pinball, World Peace might not be a pipe dream. Looking forward to getting home to start on my RR. Keep the helpful hints and mod suggestions going on here, it helps take my mind off things in-between missions.

#2374 3 years ago

Very helpful. I didn't even know you can turn off the trees. Is that how you get that skill shot?

I'm a little overwhelmed by how much is here. Where is the best place to read about rules BC the soft copy manual is hard to read....

Found something here

http://papa.org/2015/05/18/wizard-of-oz-rulesheet/
And 6.06 is the latest code right?

#2375 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Very helpful. I didn't even know you can turn off the trees. Is that how you get that skill shot?
I'm a little overwhelmed by how much is here. Where is the best place to read about rules BC the soft copy manual is hard to read....
And 6.06 is the latest code right?

You're good on the code. Here is a good read on the rules:

Turning off the trees helps get in to collect haunted forest, with factory settings you can only turn them off after haunted is ready. The haunted skill shot is from the upper flipper on the main playfield, straight between the trees... very tough shot.

Also Jersey Jack's website has a PDF of the manual available.

#2376 3 years ago

Friend and I picked these up at York. Has anyone installed them yet?

IMG_3226[1] (resized).JPG

#2377 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

You're good on the code. Here is a good read on the rules:
Turning off the trees helps get in to collect haunted forest, with factory settings you can only turn them off after haunted is ready. The haunted skill shot is from the upper flipper on the main playfield, straight between the trees... very tough shot.
Also Jersey Jack's website has a PDF of the manual available.

Thanks! Been reading about all the rules. wow. so many - i love it.

I noticed that upon plunging, I can change the light over the lanes that the ball goes down (strong plung but not complete orbit - lanes right above the spinning house/tornado). I can't figure out what pressing the flippers during that time does though besides change the light - must have some impact to the table right?

#2378 3 years ago

Thats just a standard light the lanes to increase bonus multiplier with the difference that the skill shot lane is locked in so you can't change the lit lanes until the skill shot is done.

There is also a slingshot in there under the munchkin land playfield that should bounce the ball around giving opportunities to increase your multplier.

The standard muliplyer isn't worth a whole lot typically though. The HOADC multiplier which is much harder to get can be worth a considerable sum.

#2379 3 years ago

what is the purpose of light the lanes though? I understand the skill shot but what use is it for me to change that light during the game?

#2380 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what is the purpose of light the lanes though? I understand the skill shot but what use is it for me to change that light during the game?

During gameplay, you want the ball to go through the unlit lane to illuminate it. If you illuminate both, it increases your bonus multiplier.

#2381 3 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

During gameplay, you want the ball to go through the unlit lane to illuminate it. If you illuminate both, it increases your bonus multiplier.

OK - it seems like though that i can light whichever lane I want so I was thinking the ball would need to go down the
lit lane that I'm choosing with flippers no?

Also - just realized the legs come out of dorothy's spinning house. That's great - how do you get that to happen
in game?

#2382 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - it seems like though that i can light whichever lane I want so I was thinking the ball would need to go down the
lit lane that I'm choosing with flippers no?
Also - just realized the legs come out of dorothy's spinning house. That's great - how do you get that to happen
in game?

Nope...unlit one. For the skillshot you want to go through the lit one, but for regular gameplay the goal is to light both.

The legs come out of the house when you've spun the house enough times and the munchkin mode starts while the ball is held on the magnet above the upper right flipper.

#2383 3 years ago

OK then what is the purpose of me changing the lights with the flipper?

#2384 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Friend and I picked these up at York. Has anyone installed them yet?

Haven't seen these actually in a game yet. Please post pics after you install!

#2385 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK then what is the purpose of me changing the lights with the flipper?

If you see the ball is about to go down a lane that is alreay lit you can quickly change it so that you can gain the extra bonus multiplier. Give it a few tries glancing up at the lower right quadrant of the display as soon as the ball goes through a lane. You'll see pretty quickly whats going on.

#2386 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Haven't seen these actually in a game yet. Please post pics after you install!

Will do. Neither I or my friend have installed yet.

#2387 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

If you see the ball is about to go down a lane that is alreay lit you can quickly change it so that you can gain the extra bonus multiplier. Give it a few tries glancing up at the lower right quadrant of the display as soon as the ball goes through a lane. You'll see pretty quickly whats going on.

OK that makes sense thanks!

#2388 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK that makes sense thanks!

Just an FYI. This is common on many pins and something you should get used to doing.

Examples:

Attack From Mars if you light all 4 lanes 10 times you light extra ball.

Whitewater is the opposite as you want to light the lane (by hitting the flipper buttons) the ball is going down.

#2389 3 years ago

As many of you will recall my first ever pin purchase was 9 days ago. I adjusted some of the settings to an easier mode mainly for my wife and disabled son. I posted a pic of my score after 3 balls and then after the game was finished with 5 balls! Well I wish I knew exactly what I did to soar my score up a 1,000,000 points within 3 minutes. I'm fairly certain that I had several goals stacked during multiball. What a fun game to own for my first pin!

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#2390 3 years ago

Nice score! Usually when I hit those kinds of numbers its from a great munchkin mode along with a multiball and a HOADC multiplyer. Its awarded as a bonus so watch for it there and whatever you do don't tilt

#2391 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I am looking at pictures of the different WOZ builds and keep coming across this WOZ tornado LED sign in different machines. I look at RR WOZ machines and see it is replaced with a sculpted tornado. Which one is preferred by players? Is the LED tornado hook up still in a RR WOZ? Thoughts?

If another Pinsider has already answered this question, I apologize. The pictured tornado sign was on the prototype games only. It was eliminated from production games because it interfered with some function or sight line, as I recall. The three dimensional tornado is an after-market mod produced by Back Alley. Mezel Mods also made a nice tornado mod, which was illuminated. Both tornado mods, especially the Mezel Mods one, are very popular. However, neither are stock items.

During the WOZ design phase, I had the chance to purchase a discontinued tornado mod sign for my ECLE. I hope to install it so that it doesn't interfere with any function or sight line. It reminds me of the left spiral ramp sign on Twilight Zone, which was eliminated from the production games.

06b28848d2ffb16b2a6ebf3d79a06a74ee146a10 (resized).jpg

#2392 3 years ago

Anyone who owns/owned TZ and WOZ care to answer?

I never played WOZ, but am wondering if it's a similar feel to TZ?

When I used to have TZ I had to be in the mood to play as it's a stop and go strategic feel. The rule set was awesome once you understood it, but overall my "flow" machines got most of the play time.

#2393 3 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Anyone who owns/owned TZ and WOZ care to answer?
I never played WOZ, but am wondering if it's a similar feel to TZ?
When I used to have TZ I had to be in the mood to play as it's a stop and go strategic feel. The rule set was awesome once you understood it, but overall my "flow" machines got most of the play time.

I used to own tz. Woz has an even steeper learning curve but imho the payoff is much better when you get there. You can be strategic when you play but I tend to get opportunistic and start putting a strategy together as I play as there are many ways to approach it I let the game evolve.

#2394 3 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

If another Pinsider has already answered this question, I apologize. The pictured tornado sign was on the prototype games only. It was eliminated from production games because it interfered with some function or site line, as I recall. The three dimensional tornado is an after-market mod produced by Back Alley. Mezel Mods also made a nice tornado mod, which was illuminated. Both tornado mods, especially the Mezel Mods one, are very popular. However, neither are stock items.
During the WOZ design phase, I had the chance to purchase a discontinued tornado mod sign for my ECLE. I hope to install it so that it doesn't interfere with any function or site line. It reminds me of the left spiral ramp sign on Twilight Zone, which was eliminated from the production games.

Got it Thanks a bunch

#2395 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I used to own tz. Woz has an even steeper learning curve but imho the payoff is much better when you get there. You can be strategic when you play but I tend to get opportunistic and start putting a strategy together as I play as there are many ways to approach it I let the game evolve.

Good to know, thanks!

#2396 3 years ago

really getting into this game now after have for a few days. Yesterday I played for almost 3 hours. Never had that happen before (at one time). The game is just so complex. I've owned TZ in the past but this one just has me coming back for more. Loving it. How the lighting changes during certain modes like munchkins is so impressive.

Regarding the shoot again option - I swear, sometimes I drain right in the beginning and it goes right to ball 2. Is there something special about shoot again with this game?

Also - any tips for a newbie to rack up the points?

#2397 3 years ago

You can set the ball saver for shoot again to any amount of time you want up to a max. I have mine set for 7 seconds. I also moved my outlanes in. There's still plenty of action there but they are no longer the ball sucks they used to be.

Big points are all about stacking modes. If you haven't already check out the WOZ strategy thread for some ideas.

Never owned a TZ myself but love the game and have many hours in it. I will say that while there are a lot of similarities and both games are more strategic, of the two there is more flow to WOZ imo. And of course WOZ is a feast for the senses.

#2398 3 years ago

Agreed that it's wrong to pigeonhole WOZ as a stop-and-go game, like Twilight Zone. WOZ possesses elements of flow games as well as stop-and-go games. In that sense, WOZ is a hybrid. Each ball in play can be dramatically different than the last.

#2399 3 years ago

I'm still having problems with my crystal ball spinner switch and would appreciate some help...

Previously, the switch acted intermittently - some games it was perfectly normal, other games it would not work at all. It was either working or not.

Last weekend I swapped out the switch for a new one. It was the same part number. I played a couple games, and it was working. I went to play a couple this morning, and it was not working at all. Same issue as before. Even going through the switch matrix test, it does the same thing. It either works perfectly or not at all.

I swapped the switch and diode, connection is secure. What else could the problem be?

#2400 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

really getting into this game now after have for a few days. Yesterday I played for almost 3 hours. Never had that happen before (at one time). The game is just so complex. I've owned TZ in the past but this one just has me coming back for more. Loving it. How the lighting changes during certain modes like munchkins is so impressive.
Regarding the shoot again option - I swear, sometimes I drain right in the beginning and it goes right to ball 2. Is there something special about shoot again with this game?
Also - any tips for a newbie to rack up the points?

Make sure you have the latest code so the ball saver works like most other games. It did not give any grace time with old code.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 11,500.00
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
There are 9732 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 195.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside