767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 306.
#2201 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Hmmm ... then again, maybe I shouldn't add a WOZ. Could be like just intending to install PDI glass on one game only.

LOL... It definitely hooks you but great pinball is great pinball no matter who makes it... there are some newer Sterns I still enjoy playing and would love to own someday... of course that being said, I'm not sure I would get the continual draw back I get with WOZ... it just doesn't get old.

#2202 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Your enthusiastic perspective on WOZ says a lot SKB since you've owned (and appreciated) a long string of Sterns.
I'd like to add a WOZ to my currently Stern-rich collection.

It really is an addictingly fun game. But I am still in the honeymoon phase so take that for what it is.

#2203 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

From Kirk in Massilon..... He and I had a deal brewing since.... June. Sniped!

Congrats on finding one local. I have been looking for a couple of months for one close to me.

#2204 7 years ago

I seem to have a problem with my crystal ball spinner. It usually does not register, or register enough to start a mode, with slow rolls into the VUK, which is probably about 50% of the time. It only works when I really get it in there quickly.

I've tried adjusting the switch. Any ideas?

#2205 7 years ago

Right now there are some that can be had for 7.5k +. Keep digging and you'll get one.

Also started BTWW on the first game I played. Good sign... Ha. NBD

Quoted from BowlingJim:

Congrats on finding one local. I have been looking for a couple of months for one close to me.

IMG_20160918_202136 (resized).jpgIMG_20160918_202136 (resized).jpg

#2206 7 years ago

Working on my official entry but for now I have a new GC to share....

IMG_20160918_215814 (resized).jpgIMG_20160918_215814 (resized).jpg

#2207 7 years ago

Just had a fantastic game. 650M, not enough to break my previous score but I did get a new YBR champ with 32. Not bad for factory.

#2208 7 years ago

So no shit guys, I just did this!! Haunted MB, rescue, no hold flippers, munchkin, and ECMB all stacked!!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

EDIT: replaying the game in my head, I did all this on ball 3. I was around 750M, so already stoked I was on pace to beat my previous GC. I was able to pull out a 2 ball rescue mb. Then got haunted, and to my surprise it was haunted mb. I was able to cradle two balls on my right flipper and start munchkin with the left. Then started no hold flippers (holy shit that mode is "Chaos!"). I believe ECMB started sometime during all the madness too. My wife, who way laying in bed came into the game room and says 'are you alright?' I was literally screaming 'yeahs!' 'Fucks!' And 'oh gods!' - never has a pin done that to me. This might just be the best pin I've ever played/owned. I hope it's not just the honeymoon speaking. But on factory settings, with the pitch steep (think I'm 6.9 or 7), this pin reminds me of IM meets FGY meets TWD. Love it! My adrenalin is still pumping.

#2209 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I seem to have a problem with my crystal ball spinner. It usually does not register, or register enough to start a mode, with slow rolls into the VUK, which is probably about 50% of the time. It only works when I really get it in there quickly.
I've tried adjusting the switch. Any ideas?

mine had the wire being interfered with by the lane guide

#2210 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So no shit guys, I just did this!! Haunted MB, rescue, no hold flippers, munchkin, and ECMB all stacked!!!

EDIT: replaying the game in my head, I did all this on ball 3. I was around 750M, so already stoked I was on pace to beat my previous GC. I was able to pull out a 2 ball rescue mb. Then got haunted, and to my surprise it was haunted mb. I was able to cradle two balls on my right flipper and start munchkin with the left. Then started no hold flippers (holy shit that mode is "Chaos!"). I believe ECMB started sometime during all the madness too. My wife, who way laying in bed came into the game room and says 'are you alright?' I was literally screaming 'yeahs!' 'Fucks!' And 'oh gods!' - never has a pin done that to me. This might just be the best pin I've ever played/owned. I hope it's not just the honeymoon speaking. But on factory settings, with the pitch steep (think I'm 6.9 or 7), this pin reminds me of IM meets FGY meets TWD. Love it! My adrenalin is still pumping.

Awesome! It is so sweet when all of the stacks come together like that. And then you can have those games where you are almost there and everything is ready to go and you crash and burn before the stacks start and want to break it. It is a serious rush when it comes together. I have yelled more playing that game than any other. I was screaming at the witch 'die bitch die' when I finally got here lol!

#2211 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Awesome! It is so sweet when all of the stacks come together like that. And then you can have those games where you are almost there and everything is ready to go and you crash and burn before the stacks start and want to break it. It is a serious rush when it comes together. I have yelled more playing that game than any other. I was screaming at the witch 'die bitch die' when I finally got here lol!

LMAO! Same experience here only I have yet to get that satisfaction from melting her. No other game has had me jumping, yelling, lauging and cursing so much. Its a game that doesn't just give itself up to anyone but once you earn it, it changes personalities and just goes to insanity mode.

Soooo.. i seem to have been a little overzealous layely in my bumping and it appears that my wedding ring had put a couple small chips in the cabinet paint near the left flipper button. Has anyone come out with some sort of protector for that area?

#2212 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Congrats! There is no better feeling than when you can stack modes like that in this game. Pure chaos, but hugely fun.

#2213 7 years ago

Man, nuthin' gets a thread's energy up like having SK around. I remember duelling tactics back when ST came out, and you left me in the dust, buddy. No way I can keep up, haha. I've had WoZ for a year or more, and you're covering the same ground in a week. Go SKB go!

#2214 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

LMAO! Same experience here only I have yet to get that satisfaction from melting her. No other game has had me jumping, yelling, lauging and cursing so much. Its a game that doesn't just give itself up to anyone but once you earn it, it changes personalities and just goes to insanity mode.
Soooo.. i seem to have been a little overzealous layely in my bumping and it appears that my wedding ring had put a couple small chips in the cabinet paint near the left flipper button. Has anyone come out with some sort of protector for that area?

I always take my ring off when playing pinball, even my SM with the lollipop rails, but you can get mylar protectors from several sources including Pinball Life (I think).

#2215 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Quoted from merccat:

This is exactly what WOZ does to me!

Quoted from TimeBandit:

Man, nuthin' gets a thread's energy up like having SK around. I remember duelling tactics back when ST came out, and you left me in the dust, buddy. No way I can keep up, haha. I've had WoZ for a year or more, and you're covering the same ground in a week. Go SKB go!

Haha right on man! I try to stay away from pinside drama threads; but get me in a thread that talks about gameplay, code, rules, tactics, etc... and im all over it! We had a good run in the ST threads - i still kind of miss that thread. As for Woz; I still havent melted the witch, but my goal was to break 1 million by the end of this weekend and i finally pulled it out in the last minute of the last hour with authority - it only took 200+ plays lol!

I gave the game a pinside rating last night afterwards. I may still be in the honeymoon phase, so ill adjust my rating if need be, but i also have 200 plays on it which is 199 more than most the haters who've rated it. And to counter the other negative nellies who have an agenda when rating games, i have the woz standard so im not on any agenda to boost LE pinflation. The game is simply awesome. 9.64 overall rating from me at this point. I dinged it on lighting (4/6) - even though i plan to put the star posts lighting mod & winkie light up drop target in so i may change it, variation of sounds + call outs (5/6), and animations (5/6), everything else 6/6. But, i dont want to jinx nothing - i know i might be in the honeymoon phase, but really digging what this game has to offer as a whole

#2216 7 years ago

Winki light up is probably the biggest help lighting wise (have not yet tried the star post ligts but am tempted).

I got the kit from Metzel and still use his light but unfortunately the targets just don't hold up. I have one now from Indypinhead that is CNC carved instead of 3d printed which seems far more durable. I'd recommend his target.

#2217 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Winki light up is probably the biggest help lighting wise (have not yet tried the star post ligts but am tempted).
I got the kit from Metzel and still use his light but unfortunately the targets just don't hold up. I have one now from Indypinhead that is CNC carved instead of 3d printed which seems far more durable. I'd recommend his target.

thats the target i have. I just need to stop playing and install it.

I'll let you know how easy the star post mod is too install, i think i have the right parts on order.

I'll probably install all the mods next weekend.

#2218 7 years ago

I tried to put up a decent score with factory settings yesterday but I think Q from my STTNG game installed a black hole in the TOTO outlane because every shot kept going straight down it and you can only get the TOTO save so many times in a game.

#2219 7 years ago

It seems like there are a bunch of new WOZ owners. There's a thread going to discuss game strategy:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-strategies-for-points-and-for-the-quest

As you guys figure out your own individual ways to play, it would be great to have your input in that thread on what you see as good strategies.

#2220 7 years ago

During weak flippers mode should you be able to hit the ramp?

#2221 7 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

During weak flippers mode should you be able to hit the ramp?

I can just do it with a perfect shot but it is hard.

#2222 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

i know i might be in the honeymoon phase, but really digging what this game has to offer as a whole

I don't know, I've had WOZ for 3 plus years and still have not tired of the game. So many different strategies for scoring and objectives to tackle. Hasn't gotten old and still play it regularly. Keeper.

#2223 7 years ago

Can someone help me cross reference a part number for a JJP part? It's the switch for the crystal ball spinner. JJP's part number is 18-3003-00. Looking to get the generic part number so I can order from Pinball Life tonight and have it by this weekend.

Is there a cross reference list for JJP's parts against Bally/Williams?

2016-09-19 18_17_09-Wizard_of_Oz_Manual_3_0_June_2014.pdf (resized).png2016-09-19 18_17_09-Wizard_of_Oz_Manual_3_0_June_2014.pdf (resized).png

#2224 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Can someone help me cross reference a part number for a JJP part? It's the switch for the crystal ball spinner. JJP's part number is 18-3003-00. Looking to get the generic part number so I can order from Pinball Life tonight and have it by this weekend.

I've never looked at it but odds are it's the same Cherry switch used in more pinball machines than I can count. The actuator is simple to swap out so don't worry too much about that part of it. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3528 Lloyd can probably confirm or deny my theory quickly if send him a note.

#2225 7 years ago

So Eskaybee was the winner of the WOZ challenge from what I can tell. Anyone do better than his 2+million score?

#2226 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

It is most likely a DB3.

#2227 7 years ago

I just measured it. Looks to be just under 2", so it's probably the same one bobukcat referenced. Thanks!

#2228 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

So Eskaybee was the winner of the WOZ challenge from what I can tell. Anyone do better than his 2+million score?

Sweet! Do I get a 'this flippin podcast' futbol scarf

#2229 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Beginner's luck.

Just kidding. Congrats!

#2230 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Beginner's luck.

It really was if you think about it. Hovering around the 500M scores with one goal in mind of breaking a mil...and then pull 2 mil out of my arse!

#2231 7 years ago

Do you recall what your bonus was that game? What's really awesome about WOZ is that you can have a normal score and then quadruple it or more with a good stacked munchkin or haunted mode. Just don't tilt!

#2232 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Do you recall what your bonus was that game? What's really awesome about WOZ is that you can have a normal score and then quadruple it or more with a good stacked munchkin or haunted mode. Just don't tilt!

Honestly don't remember.

#2233 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sweet! Do I get a 'this flippin podcast' futbol scarf

shoot me your info.

#2234 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

mine had the wire being interfered with by the lane guide

bending the spinner support-wire to stop it from binding solved my issue

#2235 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

bending the spinner support-wire to stop it from binding solved my issue

I had the same issue. I've adjusted several time with the glass off after it not registering in critical moments in the game. Just last night, it stopped registering all together. Wires and connector look good. Placed an order with Pinball Life for a new switch and diode. Hopefully, that resolves the issue for good.

#2236 7 years ago

it's the witch messing with you ; )

Let us know how it works out

#2237 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

it's the witch messing with you ; )
Let us know how it works out

"Don't mess with the game, that's my Job!"

#2238 7 years ago

Anyone else (ECLE or RR) have their lockdown bar powercoat flaking on the receiver (male) end? I figured this would happen eventually. But the part you put into the machine (male end of the lockdown bar) is flaking.

Thinking of some solutions to make sure it doesn't spread. seeing if anyone has a solution.

#2239 7 years ago

I'm in. ECLE #101. Installed forest glow eyes, castle walls, lighted twister, emerald city, toto in basket, balloon fire mod, target decals, witches well, flame pots, wizard border, lighted drop target. Cliffys on the way. Mirror blades in my possession.

Everyone loving it so far...

#2240 7 years ago

Is it me or when the bonus is displayed for munchkin + HOADC it's wrong - it shows the same exact score. For example it shows:
Munchkin 60,000
HOADC +1.5x 60,000

Shouldn't it display like 30,000 extra points? Am I not reading it correctly?

#2241 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

I'm in. ECLE #101. Installed forest glow eyes, castle walls, lighted twister, emerald city, toto in basket, balloon fire mod, target decals, witches well, flame pots, wizard border, lighted drop target. Cliffys on the way. Mirror blades in my possession.
Everyone loving it so far...

Wow nice. How was the castle walls install?

#2242 7 years ago

Hell yeah!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2243 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Anyone else (ECLE or RR) have their lockdown bar powercoat flaking on the receiver (male) end? I figured this would happen eventually. But the part you put into the machine (male end of the lockdown bar) is flaking.
Thinking of some solutions to make sure it doesn't spread. seeing if anyone has a solution.

My side rails had the powder coating flake off where the lock down bar makes contact almost immediately. Its not visible with the lockdown bar in place so as long as it doesn't spread which it hasn't to date, I'm not too worried.

#2244 7 years ago

Dang! You're a mad man! Next thing we'll hear you made it to SWOTR.

#2245 7 years ago

Castle walls just took some patience to get alignment right.

#2246 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Dang! You're a mad man! Next thing we'll hear you made it to SWOTR.

Hah! Well I'm still on factory and plan to keep it that way; Unless guests come over. The game is just way too dam fun to change any settings right now.

#2247 7 years ago

Congrats! Melting the witch is such a great feeling, and the victory mode after it is so cool.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is it me or when the bonus is displayed for munchkin + HOADC it's wrong - it shows the same exact score. For example it shows:
Munchkin 60,000
HOADC +1.5x 60,000

Yeah, it makes no sense. I wish they would change it. Someone said Keith had some logic behind it, but it makes no sense to me. You are awarded the right amount of points. The display is just confusing.

#2248 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Munchkin 60,000
HOADC +1.5x 60,000

It's correct, though I never liked it...if you have more than one munchkin mode on a ball it becomes clearer I believe.

#2249 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

My side rails had the powder coating flake off where the lock down bar makes contact almost immediately. Its not visible with the lockdown bar in place so as long as it doesn't spread which it hasn't to date, I'm not too worried.

I seem to be in a very similar, but perhaps advanced/accelerated position at the moment and still looking for answers. Mine arrived recently with a chip in the side rail just above where the lockdown bar was sitting, and also a loose, and misaligned lockdown bar. I received instructions on tightening the lockdown bar, and also removing screws and loosening bolts on the inside lockdown cabinet assembly to try to shift it over, but I'm not sure that will fix what may be a forward/backwards component of the alignment problem. The bar is also completely misaligned to the right side. I've already tightened it down as best I can without feeling it will break something but it still appears to have a bit of forwards/backwards sliding going on if you push it. I only just received the instructions from Support on the alignment so I have not tried that yet. Before now while I was waiting for some response/guidance on this from JJP Support, I did have some of the self-stick felt laying around so I cut a small piece to put on the underside of the lockdown bar where I noticed most of the rubbing happening. Unfortunately it still seems to have still developed another chip on that same side, plus two on the other end on the very corner as well. Regarding the initial chip that it came with, I did ask JJP Support if they had access to any touch-up paint, but it sounded like they did not, and could not point me to any.

#2250 7 years ago

Similar experience only I haven't really gone through a whole lot of effort with support on it other than asking if touchup paint was available but got no response to that question. I figured it was a long shot anyway since my understaning is that they are powder coated, not painted.

As far as the play in the lockdown bar that seemed fairly normal to me as every pin seems to have some wiggle in the lockdown bar but the difference here is that most don't have painted/powder coated rails to worry about.

I suppose ideally the lock down bracket could have been installed 1/8"+ or so lower in the cabinet. That would make for a tigher fit and perhaps also improve the contact angle of the bar edge against the rails. At least then the front edge would sit on the rails instead of digging into them.

I may try some larger felt pieces next and put them on the rails instead of onnthe under side of the bar, perhaps green felt with spray adhesive on the back so that it can stick out from under the bar without being too obvious.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 5.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.