20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 306.
#2151 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I also think there is quite a bit of space between the end of the carved out wooden shooter lane and the start of the metal ramp with the two prongs. Plenty of space for the ball to veer off course or catch some spin before hitting the metal ramp. I'm not sure if this is more than usual for a pin, but it looks like a lot of space in a wide channel to me.

So I just compared WOZ to my other two pins, and the wooden groove on the shooter lane in WOZ is way shorter. For instance, on Star Trek, the groove runs up the full length of the lane until the metal ramp takes over. I think this empty space on WOZ probably contributes to a lot of the instability.

#2152 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

If you shoot the CB 3x in a row without making another "major" switch hit you will be forced to play the rest of the ball with No hold flippers. I learned the hard way.

Brutal!

#2153 7 years ago
Quoted from zutton1:

In the club now. Love the game! I just wanted to ask about the dimpling of the playfield. I only have about 40 plays on the machine and can see a lot of dimpling. I understand this happens but just wanted to get some feedback from other owners as to what their playfields look like...thanks

It's normal. All playfields do this. My WOZ, and all my other pins, are covered in dimples.

#2154 7 years ago
Quoted from zutton1:

In the club now. Love the game! I just wanted to ask about the dimpling of the playfield. I only have about 40 plays on the machine and can see a lot of dimpling. I understand this happens but just wanted to get some feedback from other owners as to what their playfields look like...thanks

Dimples are absolutely normal.
Soon enough after a few thousand plays the whole surface will dimple over and appear flat again with a very slight orange peel effect.

So, the more you play it the sooner the dimples will go away.
Keep waxing the PF every 500 plays or so with pure Canauba, and the surface will be smooth for years.

#2155 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Ok i took some slow motion videos of failed launches. When I have a chance I will compile them together but it basically seems like the ball generally just isn't stable entering that area. Sometimes it would glance before the cliffy, I did see it graze the cliffy once or twice and sometimes it would hit on the right.
Here is an interesting example:
» YouTube video

Looks like the ball is already going wild before it gets into the video frame. I'd check your plunger sleeve, tip and rod. Any chance the whole pin is not leveled correctly? And is that a shooter lane cliffy? I don't think my lane looks like that...

#2156 7 years ago

Ok thanks for responding about the dimples on the playfield guys...I feel better now just gotta play more!!

#2157 7 years ago

Anybody regret installing/buying pinballbulbs.coms lighting kit now that its been available for 2 years or so? I always have to turn on games next to WOZ to play in the dark.

#2158 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Anybody regret installing/buying pinballbulbs.coms lighting kit now that its been available for 2 years or so? I always have to turn on games next to WOZ to play in the dark.

No regrets here, my game room is dark, and the kit makes it much easier to see the ball. I would recommend it to anyone who has anything other than a bright game room.

#2159 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

so what are respectable scores on factory settings? I average around 200M, and periodically creeping to 500M.

This is exactly how my scoring is going as well. I think once I am more familiar with the rules, the scores will creep up.

#2160 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I installed it and really like it.
My wife loves the slightly purple LEDs, they do indeed allow you to see more contrast in the PF. You can see so much more detail.
I moved the spots off the slings to what I thought were better locations for me.
I also replaced the silver shrouded spots for black ones (the same ones that are used in the game), marco has them.
It makes the game easier to spot the ball and our scores went up.
I taped over the LEDs under the backbox to eliminate the glare on the ramp, Worked perfectly.

#2161 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Looks like the ball is already going wild before it gets into the video frame. I'd check your plunger sleeve, tip and rod. Any chance the whole pin is not leveled correctly? And is that a shooter lane cliffy? I don't think my lane looks like that...

Well I used the Clinometer app to level it so it shoud be close but its been a few weeks since last checked. The only cliffy in frame is the munchin edge, everything else in frame is stock, although out of frame I do have the cliffy trough protector installed, but thats well clear of the ball at launch.

You are right that the ball tends to be wild before the ramp, here is a vid slightly further back... when I get home I'd be interested to shoot even further back to see if I can spot the point it goes wild.

#2162 7 years ago

Yeah. Looks like shooter probs to me. I have a similar problem on Pinbot and am about to really dig in today. Get slowmo of the plunger contacting the ball. Also, how are your automatic plunges (like ball saver)? Do they do the same thing?

#2163 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Well I used the Clinometer app to level it so it shoud be close but its been a few weeks since last checked. The only cliffy in frame is the munchin edge, everything else in frame is stock, although out of frame I do have the cliffy trough protector installed, but thats well clear of the ball at launch.
You are right that the ball tends to be wild before the ramp, here is a vid slightly further back... when I get home I'd be interested to shoot even further back to see if I can spot the point it goes wild.
» YouTube video

My shooter rod was getting slightly bent from raising and lowering the PF. This made for poor shots.
Also the shooter rod tip if worn or crooked also makes for a weak plunge.
I changed the rod tip to a different one with a shorter bump at the end and this seems to have corrected this behavior as well as bending the rod back to being straight.

The PF can shift a little to the left or right, making the shooter off center.
On a couple of other games (TAF) I had to install a sheetmetal screw in the support bracket slot to keep it where I wanted it.
And as always the shooter rod must hit exactly in the center of the ball for it to launch correctly.

#2164 7 years ago

Hey guys, I may have a fix for inconsistent plunges. I added a strip of black felt tape at the end of the shooter lane on the left wooden block. It is about 1" wide (top to bottom) and runs from right under the "Collect" insert (basically the edge of the block) to the end of the switch (and a bit past -- basically even with Toto's ear on the plastic near it). It is almost invisible from the player's perspective. My felt strip is about 1 mm thick so this has the effect of narrowing the very end of the lane by 1 mm and possibly slowing down the ball just a bit. On mine, this seems to keep the ball under control as it hits the metal ramp. I just played a few games and went from 50% good plunges to 90%+ good plunges. Time will tell whether this will continue to work, but I wanted to pass it along as it might help everyone else.

#2165 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Did you see my post about adding lights under the slingshots?

#2166 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Did you see my post about adding lights under the slingshots?

I did see it but im looking to light the entire table better. Worried about the purple in the kit, guess ill order one see how it looks and if i dont like it ill change some colors out.

#2167 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I did see it but im looking to light the entire table better. Worried about the purple in the kit, guess ill order one see how it looks and if i dont like it ill change some colors out.

Gotcha, I really found I only needed more light on the lower third and didn't want to affect the look of the playfield art.

#2168 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

The kit comes with some white LEDs, we looked at it with the white, but settled on the purple it looked way better.

#2169 7 years ago

I was showing off the WOZ to my son who is back from school for the weekend. I left him and his Mom playing while I was finishing off some work outside. I asked if they had turned the machine off (it is on a remote controlled electrical switch) Mom said she had some trouble but had turned it off. Tonight I go to play and all I get is the screen changing solid colors. I researched it and tried the jumper on the MSI board to reset it. Nothing. I did not see a hard reset switch inside. I tried to open a ticket at Jersey Jack but I never got my email confirmation back so I could not submit a ticket.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

#2170 7 years ago

Not on factory settings but still a good game.

20160917_221118 (resized).jpg20160917_221118 (resized).jpg

#2171 7 years ago

Getting better. Got haunted mb and flipper frenzy this game but didn't do squat with it lol

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2172 7 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Not on factory settings but still a good game.

Come on Ben, put that thing on factory and suffer with the rest of us

#2173 7 years ago

Spent two hours fixing things tonight (upper slingshot rubber broke and adjusting witch target and playing with the shooter, i think playfield just not always centered).... anywhoo finally logged another factory game... this ones pretty darn good for me... I might just keep factory for a while after this.

IMG_4642 (resized).JPGIMG_4642 (resized).JPG

#2174 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Getting better. Got haunted mb and flipper frenzy this game but didn't do squat with it lol

Nice! It is all about stacking for high scores. Did you melt the witch yet?

#2175 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Nice! It is all about stacking for high scores. Did you melt the witch yet?

No! I've got BTWW about a handful of times and had the castle shot lit a few times and even made the castle but drained before I could get a shot on the her.

Quoted from merccat:

Spent two hours fixing things tonight (upper slingshot rubber broke and adjusting witch target and playing with the shooter, i think playfield just not always centered).... anywhoo finally logged another factory game... this ones pretty darn good for me... I might just keep factory for a while after this.

Me too. Game is a blast.

#2176 7 years ago

Ok got another question for owners with decals on cabinet. I know that decals show imperfections in wood if not sanded down. So one side of my pin looks great but the other looks like crap...see pictures. Has anyone else noticed this on their machine? Is this common? Thanks

#2177 7 years ago
Quoted from zutton1:

Ok got another question for owners with decals on cabinet. I know that decals show imperfections in wood if not sanded down. So one side of my pin looks great but the other looks like crap...see pictures. Has anyone else noticed this on their machine? Is this common? Thanks

Yikes! I have never seen anything like that before, that does not look anywhere near normal to me. Is that on a NIB game?

#2178 7 years ago
Quoted from zutton1:

Not normal. Those decals look like they were added later to cover up damage. Was it nib?

#2179 7 years ago

Yes NIB...only had it for 2 days...

#2180 7 years ago
Quoted from zutton1:

Yes NIB...only had it for 2 days...

Contact your distributor and file a claim with JJP. Seek pinsider Lloyd for help and send him a pm.

#2181 7 years ago

Ok will do...glad I asked. Thanks for the help! I will contact JJP and my distributor.

#2182 7 years ago
Quoted from zutton1:

Ok will do...glad I asked. Thanks for the help! I will contact JJP and my distributor.

Sorry that this happened to you. Please let the thread know how this plays out.

#2183 7 years ago

See everyone just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you. Always good to ask.

Quoted from zutton1:

#2184 7 years ago
Quoted from zutton1:

that is horrific looking. What a mess, looks like you can see brush strokes under the decals.

#2185 7 years ago
Quoted from zutton1:

Did you get that new in box?
That looks like a crappy repair job. It should have been sanded and made smooth.

#2186 7 years ago

That looks awful. Hopefully Automated / JJP takes care of you.

#2187 7 years ago

Yes I bought it NIB. I will contact Jack direct and Automated. I am sure they will make this right...I hope.

Added over 8 years ago: All set...contacted Jack and he is taking care of it...great guy...I am looking forward to his next pin

#2188 7 years ago

Bought this here box...

IMG_20160918_113303 (resized).jpgIMG_20160918_113303 (resized).jpg

#2189 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Bought this here box...

Ooooh that there is a perdy box!

#2190 7 years ago

Well, I think this will count as my official entry. Not a winning one, I know. I just couldn't get anything to stack well this weekend.

WOZScoreEntry1 (resized).JPGWOZScoreEntry1 (resized).JPG

I really enjoyed playing on factory default for a while. Thanks TaylorVA for doing the contest. It is good to dial back the settings you have gotten accustomed to once and a while. Here are a few things I learned:

1. I like ball savers.
2. I used to reward myself with an extra ball at 100,000 points. I think I'm going to leave that off for a while. I found that when I used to play, I never really paid attention to advancing Yellow Brick Road. I sort of let it happen naturally, knowing that if I just played long enough, I would eventually get that extra ball from points and then again from the YBR. However, when I played on factory this weekend, I found myself actively trying to advance down the YBR so that I could get that extra ball. It was that much more important. It added a new goal for me, so I think I'll keep it that way for a while.
3. When I first got the game, I found TNPLH to be nearly impossible, so I made it a bit easier by increasing the time and making every shot to a rainbow target register a hit. Now that I've gotten more used to the pin, I've been doing better at that mode. I like the factory settings where you actually have to aim for the individual rainbow targets, and I like the shortened time to get stuff done. It adds much more of a sense of urgency.
4. I think I will still go back to giving myself an extra ball when I get SPECIAL. It is lit so rarely, and the animation when you get it is so cool, that I feel like I deserve something good.

Anyway, lots of fun this weekend. Thanks again.

#2191 7 years ago

Holy cow!!! There was a Pinball machine in there!! Now I can win that trophy!

IMG_20160918_165158 (resized).jpgIMG_20160918_165158 (resized).jpg

#2192 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Holy cow!!! There was a Pinball machine in there!! Now I can win that trophy!

Where did you get your game at?

Was it NIB

#2193 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Well, I think this will count as my official entry. Not a winning one, I know. I just couldn't get anything to stack well this weekend.

I really enjoyed playing on factory default for a while. Thanks TaylorVA for doing the contest. It is good to dial back the settings you have gotten accustomed to once and a while. Here are a few things I learned:
1. I like ball savers.
2. I used to reward myself with an extra ball at 100,000 points. I think I'm going to leave that off for a while. I found that when I used to play, I never really paid attention to advancing Yellow Brick Road. I sort of let it happen naturally, knowing that if I just played long enough, I would eventually get that extra ball from points and then again from the YBR. However, when I played on factory this weekend, I found myself actively trying to advance down the YBR so that I could get that extra ball. It was that much more important. It added a new goal for me, so I think I'll keep it that way for a while.
3. When I first got the game, I found TNPLH to be nearly impossible, so I made it a bit easier by increasing the time and making every shot to a rainbow target register a hit. Now that I've gotten more used to the pin, I've been doing better at that mode. I like the factory settings where you actually have to aim for the individual rainbow targets, and I like the shortened time to get stuff done. It adds much more of a sense of urgency.
4. I think I will still go back to giving myself an extra ball when I get SPECIAL. It is lit so rarely, and the animation when you get it is so cool, that I feel like I deserve something good.
Anyway, lots of fun this weekend. Thanks again.

Nice Nok! I'll probably add a ball saver after this weekend. I like the idea of adding an EB for special.

Other than that, I'm fully addicted to this pin! I played GOT last night for the first time since getting WOZ and it felt 'weird'. Almost felt like I was going to break the game with one flip; it's like plywood compare to WOZ lol. Still love it though

#2194 7 years ago

I think my new settings after this weekend will be:

- 7 second ball saver (just enough to catch those balls you don't even have a chance to touch)
- 3 Ball
- Extra Ball for special
- Otherwise factory.

I find that having a hot ball makes or breaks games for me so 4 or 5 ball and lots of extra ball rewards doesn't help me
Much. The one time I scored 2 mil was mostly from a single ball.... dang, why couldn't I pull that off this weekend

#2195 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

- 7 second ball saver (just enough to catch those balls you don't even have a chance to touch)
- 3 Ball
- Extra Ball for special
- Otherwise factory.
I find that having a hot ball makes or breaks games for me so 4 or 5 ball and lots of extra ball rewards doesn't help me
Much. The one time I scored 2 mil was mostly from a single ball.... dang, why couldn't I pull that off this weekend

Weekends not over yet! And I just tapped beer #2 open. Let's do this!

#2196 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

- 3 Ball
- Extra Ball for special
- Otherwise factory.

I believe those are the settings I used as well.

#2197 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

... I'm fully addicted to this pin! I played GOT last night for the first time since getting WOZ and it felt 'weird'. Almost felt like I was going to break the game with one flip; it's like plywood compare to WOZ lol. Still love it though

Your enthusiastic perspective on WOZ says a lot SKB since you've owned (and appreciated) a long string of Sterns.

I'd like to add a WOZ to my currently Stern-rich collection.

#2198 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Your enthusiastic perspective on WOZ says a lot SKB since you've owned (and appreciated) a long string of Sterns.
I'd like to add a WOZ to my currently Stern-rich collection.

There really is a difference. I went back to playing Star Trek for a while, and it just seemed so bare in comparison. On the other hand, I loved feeling the flow again as the ramps gobbled up my shots. Variety is definitely a good thing.

#2199 7 years ago

From Kirk in Massilon..... He and I had a deal brewing since.... June. Sniped!

Quoted from BowlingJim:

Where did you get your game at?
Was it NIB

#2200 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

There really is a difference. I went back to playing Star Trek for a while, and it just seemed so bare in comparison.

Hmmm ... then again, maybe I shouldn't add a WOZ. Could be like just intending to install PDI glass on one game only.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 16.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.