Topic Stats

• 9,193 posts
  • 509 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by adol75
  • Topic is favorited by 236 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,223 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_0006 (resized).jpg
20191013_232803 (resized).jpg
12C2A44D-3CD8-47B0-9ECE-4B3A4A065315 (resized).jpeg
A1B3C77A-3D43-4097-95FB-25913EBB1E2A (resized).jpeg
C766C0B9-9884-4D2F-8619-918228E04EF2 (resized).jpeg
78DDB4E8-6BAE-4799-A6AE-2B59E8509FE4 (resized).jpeg
1FED3E58-3B10-405E-A266-B3AB69958EA5 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 5.59.38 PM (resized).png
IMG_0287 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20191013-171847~2 (resized).png
E4C8E654-9FE4-4E68-9BA4-2B37848028F4 (resized).jpeg
2C895AD7-1A39-4E7D-AA81-38DB159F88E6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9193 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 184.
#2101 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So is there anywhere that displays your HOADC munchkin multiplier? I collected HOADC and played munchkin mode; I thought I had 4 different horses but didn't see any .5X multiplier in my bonus or on the game.
Also, I believe I completed ECMB. I had all the gifts and music was playing like I did something good. My question is where on the status report does it show the jewels for SOTR collected?
Thanks!

I believe the jewels are always displayed in the center of the screen in a circle. They're only lit when collected. You can usually tell if you collected a successful HOADC if there is another horse in your stable (bottom left of screen). It only increases the number of horses if you successfully collected all the same color or all different.

#2102 3 years ago

I am looking at pictures of the different WOZ builds and keep coming across this WOZ tornado LED sign in different machines. I look at RR WOZ machines and see it is replaced with a sculpted tornado. Which one is preferred by players? Is the LED tornado hook up still in a RR WOZ? Thoughts?

66356623-8123-4cb0-9a06-03c5f81808fa (resized).jpg

Tornado top (resized).jpg

#2103 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I am looking at pictures of the different WOZ builds and keep coming across this WOZ tornado LED sign in different machines. I look at RR WOZ machines and see it is replaced with a sculpted tornado. Which one is preferred by players? Is the LED tornado hook up still in a RR WOZ? Thoughts?

The one with the LEDs was prototype only. It never made it to the production machines...the mode names were moved to the mini pf itself (as just art, not inserts).

#2104 3 years ago

Gotcha! Thanks for clarifying.

#2105 3 years ago

When the game boots up, this is the screen we get.... And it's locked up. Navigation buttons do not respond. Any advice?

Thanks

image (resized).jpeg

#2106 3 years ago

That looks like the OS is going into recovery mode. I would try re-imaging (load the latest release from a thumb drive)

#2107 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I believe the jewels are always displayed in the center of the screen in a circle. They're only lit when collected. You can usually tell if you collected a successful HOADC if there is another horse in your stable (bottom left of screen). It only increases the number of horses if you successfully collected all the same color or all different.

I thought the 4 jewels in the center represent progression towards BTWW? Isn't there 8 jewels to collect for SOTR?

As for HOADC, it typically shows horses in bottom left corner, but are you saying it shows yet another different horse if you've successfully collected a set?

#2108 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I thought the 4 jewels in the center represent progression towards BTWW? Isn't there 8 jewels to collect for SOTR?
As for HOADC, it typically shows horses in bottom left corner, but are you saying it shows yet another different horse if you've successfully collected a set?

I believe it is 4 emeralds to get battle the witch, and 8 jewels to get to SOTR.

#2109 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Correct, the SOTR progress is only shown during a status or progress display (hold down a flipper) mode as far as I know.

#2110 3 years ago

https://images.pinside.com/8/ac/01/8ac01eb67d6e51067b95745d12ad5a4a6930f8a3.pdf#page23

Wizard Mode: Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Collect all 8 Jewels to light SOTR at the ramp. The 8 jewels that must be collected are listed below and method of collection described in more detail above.
 Complete Wicked Witch Battle (liquidate the wicked witch)
 Master Fireball Frenzy (collect 10 jackpots)
 Start Munchkin Multiball (play all munchkin modes)
 Travel the Yellow Brick Road (advance 50 times)
 Complete Emerald City Multiball (collect 3 gifts)
 Start Flipper Frenzy (play all crystal ball modes)
 Complete Rescue Multiball (score a mega jackpot)
 Start Haunted Forest Multiball (play all haunted modes)
After starting SOTR at the ramp the ball will be stopped so you can be given instructions on how to proceed. The instructions are given in dramatic fashion as:
 3 rainbows lit on castle, shots, & targets
 Color value goes up each shot

#2111 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

That looks like the OS is going into recovery mode. I would try re-imaging (load the latest release from a thumb drive)

If re-imaging doesnt work, possibly a bad drive.

#2112 3 years ago

Thanks guys; i see the status page for SOTR now.

Now if only i can get HOADC collected with a big munchkin mode so i can boost past 500k

#2113 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Now if only i can get HOADC collected with a big munchkin mode so i can boost past 500k

Are you getting haunted multiball. There are huge points there as well.

#2114 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The jewels are on the main display too along with the emeralds. No need to go to a status page. (Unless I'm crazy). Can't verify at the moment.

#2115 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The jewels are on the main display too along with the emeralds. No need to go to a status page.

Correct. They are right around the four emeralds. They are just a bit harder to see but look like points on a compass.

#2116 3 years ago

Ok I'll look for them. Think the only thing I've done for a jewel is complete ECMB. Is there a status page somewhere that displays your HOADC munchkin multiplier? I haven't seen that. And/or does it show the multiplier during bonus. Sorry for all the questions, these are things I look for when I 'think' I've opened up a certain progression line. Thanks.

#2117 3 years ago

What is the good thing about hoadc? Am I understanding that it just adds .5 to my bonus multiplier? Is it the same multiplier that I rack up in the rollovers? It must be different because that is so much easier than the collect shot

#2118 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

What is the good thing about hoadc? Am I understanding that it just adds .5 to my bonus multiplier? Is it the same multiplier that I rack up in the rollovers? It must be different because that is so much easier than the collect shot

It adds a multiplier to your munchkin modes played that ball!! Munchkin mode scores are always only added in during the bonus count. It came very ludicrous and much, much more valuable than the top lane multipliers.

#2119 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ok I'll look for them. Think the only thing I've done for a jewel is complete ECMB. Is there a status page somewhere that displays your HOADC munchkin multiplier? I haven't seen that. And/or does it show the multiplier during bonus. Sorry for all the questions, these are things I look for when I 'think' I've opened up a certain progression line. Thanks.

I believe it shows the multiplier when you hit the HOADC collect shot in the upper right corner. It also shows when adding your bonus up, though I always thought the format was weird. It will show your munchkin mode bonus total and then under it show the same score with the multiplier next to it. Keith explained why once, but I forget the reason now.

#2120 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I believe it shows the multiplier when you hit the HOADC collect shot in the upper right corner. It also shows when adding your bonus up, though I always thought the format was weird. It will show your munchkin mode bonus total and then under it show the same score with the multiplier next to it. Keith explained why once, but I forget the reason now.

Sweet, thanks pimp! I'll look for this next time im playing.

I just checked my audit logs. Tomorrow will mark 1 week of owning this pin. 175 plays on factory. I better slow down

#2121 3 years ago

I really don't understand Mumchkin modes. I see the colored shots, but don't know what's valuable. Any quick and easy tutorial available for these?

#2122 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sweet, thanks pimp! I'll look for this next time im playing.
I just checked my audit logs. Tomorrow will mark 1 week of owning this pin. 175 plays on factory. I better slow down

Nah! Your right on pace . After about 4-5 weeks or 1000 plays I took the game off factory settings to 4 ball with a short saver and more extra ball opportunities... Plus brought in those outlanes that were just eating the balls alive.... Game times are now significantly longer and my game count isn't climbing so fast anymore... I'm actually thinking about starting to increase difficulty.... Just as soon as I melt that crazy lady who keeps taunting me.

#2123 3 years ago

Pulled a huge stack of 100's out of the bank today so I can see a Wizard about an emerald on sunday. STOKED!!!!

#2124 3 years ago

so what are respectable scores on factory settings? I average around 200M, and periodically creeping to 500M.

#2125 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The jewels are on the main display too along with the emeralds. No need to go to a status page. (Unless I'm crazy). Can't verify at the moment.

Yes, they are there but you have to go to status to see which ones you are missing - unless of course you are keeping track in your head.

I had my best game ever yesterday, just had to get the big jackpot during Rescue multiball to get to SOTR. Had all the RESCUE letters lit but then choked and could not hit the shot when it mattered. What a blast!

#2126 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yes, they are there but you have to go to status to see which ones you are missing - unless of course you are keeping track in your head.

The center compass looking thing tells you what emeralds youve collected towards SWOTR and also tells you what 4 objectives youve completed towards witch battle no need to check anywhere else unless you dont know which emerald is where on the compass.

Also on Rescue Mball do you only need to collect one mega jackpot to collect the emerald or do you need to do it for each letter?

#2127 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

The center compass looking thing tells you what emeralds youve collected towards SWOTR and also tells you what 4 objectives youve completed towards witch battle no need to check anywhere else unless you dont know which emerald is where on the compass.
Also on Rescue Mball do you only need to collect one mega jackpot to collect the emerald or do you need to do it for each letter?

I guess that's my point, I certainly don't know which of the emeralds are where on that compass, I will usually remember which of them I have not collected though.

As for completing Rescue Multiball (have never done it because it's insane!) you have to hit the crystal ball, left orbit, Winkie Drop target / castle VUK, Ramp, right orbit and Throne room three times each (jackpot, double jackpot, triple jackpot) - each of these will turn the respective RESCUE letters flashing Red on the mini-PF. Then you have to hit all the RESCUE targets to light them solid and hit the Search loop to the castle doors saucer combo. You do not want to open the doors and put a ball in that saucer before completing all this as that scores a super jackpot and resets your progress towards the Mega Jackpot! This video explains it well while making it look easy: https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball/v/22079314

#2128 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I guess that's my point, I certainly don't know which of the emeralds are where on that compass, I will usually remember which of them I have not collected though.
As for completing Rescue Multiball (have never done it because it's insane!) you have to hit the crystal ball, left orbit, Winkie Drop target / castle VUK, Ramp, right orbit and Throne room three times each (jackpot, double jackpot, triple jackpot) - each of these will turn the respective RESCUE letters flashing Red on the mini-PF. Then you have to hit all the RESCUE targets to light them solid and hit the Search loop to the castle doors saucer combo. You do not want to open the doors and put a ball in that saucer before completing all this as that scores a super jackpot and resets your progress towards the Mega Jackpot! This video explains it well while making it look easy: https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball/v/22079314

Holey Krikey wtf did you just say!?
I was playing rescue mb last night and noticed the door and some targets beat red. I was trying franticly to get the ball in there, but what you're saying is that if I did I would have got the super jp instead of the mega?

So WOZ SOTR appears to be taking Valinors place as hardest wizard mode to achieve ever! F U keefer!!!

#2129 3 years ago

I'm having more and more trouble with inconsistent plunges -- meaning, plunges that won't make it all the way around to the pops. I used to have this problem, and then it largely went away. Now it is back. I've looked carefully, and a good chunk of time that it is happening is because the ball hits the edge of the block shown in this photo.

WOZ Block (resized).JPG

Has anyone had this problem, and is there a fix? I was wondering if I put a piece of felt tape at the end of the shooter lane on the left block if that might divert the ball a bit to the right to avoid the other block. But, I figured I would ask first. Much thanks for any advice!

#2130 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Holey Krikey wtf did you just say!?
I was playing rescue mb last night and noticed the door and some targets beat red. I was trying franticly to get the ball in there, but what you're saying is that if I did I would have got the super jp instead of the mega?
So WOZ SOTR appears to be taking Valinors place as hardest wizard mode to achieve ever! F U keefer!!!

I should have mentioned that the latest version of code removed the ability to keep backhanding the crystal ball shot with two balls cradled, or at least that's what it says in the release notes.

#2131 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I'm having more and more trouble with inconsistent plunges -- meaning, plunges that won't make it all the way around to the pops. I used to have this problem, and then it largely went away. Now it is back. I've looked carefully, and a good chunk of time that it is happening is because the ball hits the edge of the block shown in this photo.

Has anyone had this problem, and is there a fix? I was wondering if I put a piece of felt tape at the end of the shooter lane on the left block if that might divert the ball a bit to the right to avoid the other block. But, I figured I would ask first. Much thanks for any advice!

I have this issue also and believe its from the munchkin cliffy

#2132 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I should have mentioned that the latest version of code removed the ability to keep backhanding the crystal ball shot with two balls cradled, or at least that's what it says in the release notes.

If you shoot the CB 3x in a row without making another "major" switch hit you will be forced to play the rest of the ball with No hold flippers. I learned the hard way.

#2133 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Does the plunger hit the ball squarely in the center of the ball?

#2134 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

So the green shots during Rescue mball each represent a letter up on the upper castle playfield right? I never noticed them until you explained it. Only got 3 letters lit red but then i hit lights out mball and had no idea what was going on.

#2135 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

That was a problem for a while, but that seemed to go away by raising the right side of the munchkin playfield. Of course, that created another problem of having the ball fall through the hole and skip to the left of the upper flipper at times. Someone on here posted about how they cut out a portion of the cliffy to prevent this, but I don't have the stomach to take off that playfield again any time soon.

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Does the plunger hit the ball squarely in the center of the ball?

I think this is part of the problem because if I rotate the plunger on its axis, some orientations work better than others. The rubber tip is a bit lopsided. At times, when I have taken the rubber tip off and put it back on, it seems to work better for a while before becoming a problem again. I'm looking for a more permanent solution. Is there another way to adjust the angle of the plunger?

I wanted to try my felt tape idea, but some sticky felt thief apparently broke into my house and absconded with my tape because it is no where to be found.

#2136 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Earlier in this thread someone solved it by trimming the Munchkin cliffy. I bought the same cliffy, but will trim it before I install it.

#2137 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

That was a problem for a while, but that seemed to go away by raising the right side of the munchkin playfield. Of course, that created another problem of having the ball fall through the hole and skip to the left of the upper flipper at times. Someone on here posted about how they cut out a portion of the cliffy to prevent this, but I don't have the stomach to take off that playfield again any time soon.

I think this is part of the problem because if I rotate the plunger on its axis, some orientations work better than others. The rubber tip is a bit lopsided. At times, when I have taken the rubber tip off and put it back on, it seems to work better for a while before becoming a problem again. I'm looking for a more permanent solution. Is there another way to adjust the angle of the plunger?
I wanted to try my felt tape idea, but some sticky felt thief apparently broke into my house and absconded with my tape because it is no where to be found.

My plunger rejects once in awhile. I haven't looked into it cause it doesn't happen too often. But I don't have the munchkin cliffy so that's not the issue. From what I can tell, it looks like the switch sometimes comes up to high and causes a weird deflection cause the very next plunge and many after are perfect. But like I said, haven't dug into it that much yet.

#2138 3 years ago

When it was posted about the cliffy I took a long hard look at mine because I have the same thing happen occasionally. I never could see any evidence that the cliffy had ever been struck by the ball.

#2139 3 years ago

I bought a RR,nib, after it first was available. I have several other games that are traded or sold, but,RR will always be with me. When it is not running I am unhappy. I called Frank at JJP, he was puzzled,also My#714 fuse just blows during a game & I can't figure it out,it won't do it on a test.It blows & takes #709&#713 with it. I know it is one of the toys, I suspect the winged monkey,because the lights pulse when he goes. I tinker a lot with my games,so I can follow someone's advice. Has anyone had this problem? I would appreciate any help. I thought about a post, but, didn't want all the WOZ bashers. This is the only trouble I have had & love the game. Anyone have any ideas?

#2140 3 years ago

Where does the monkey motor connect? I've seen some odd stuff with the board beneath the witchs castle. It's mounted to the main playfield and is near the upper playfield flipper, check for loose connectors.

#2141 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

When it was posted about the cliffy I took a long hard look at mine because I have the same thing happen occasionally. I never could see any evidence that the cliffy had ever been struck by the ball.

Ok i took some slow motion videos of failed launches. When I have a chance I will compile them together but it basically seems like the ball generally just isn't stable entering that area. Sometimes it would glance before the cliffy, I did see it graze the cliffy once or twice and sometimes it would hit on the right.

Here is an interesting example:

#2142 3 years ago

The monkey goes to a separate relay directly below it, can't find a problem with it or the magnet. I haven't looked under the castle,it is one of the motor toys,though. I will check that . I appreciate any ideas.

#2143 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Ok i took some slow motion videos of failed launches. When I have a chance I will compile them together but it basically seems like the ball generally just isn't stable entering that area. Sometimes it would glance before the cliffy, I did see it graze the cliffy once or twice and sometimes it would hit on the right.
Here is an interesting example:
» YouTube video

Wow! Great video! That's really interesting. That looked like an absolutely perfect launch with the ball going where it should, but somehow it got all bounced around once it left the metal lane. I've never had this much of an issue launching a ball before. I know sometimes mine definitely hits the block that I indicated. Other times, it hits the cliffy, but that has lessened. I'm not sure if I've experienced what you just posted, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Interestingly, I get way fewer failed launches with the auto plunger. Maybe it is spin from an imperfect hit by the tip of the plunger . . . .

#2144 3 years ago

Separately, tonight I finally put my pin back on factory settings. It really is brutal, but I think it is making me a better player. I am way more alert because every bounce of the ball counts that much more. I was able to get 153K+ on one of the games, but I've had a bunch of games that are over way to quick. I'm going to see if I can do better and post my final score before the deadline. I know I won't win this contest, but I'm curious how well I can do on default settings.

#2145 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Wow! Great video! That's really interesting. That looked like an absolutely perfect launch with the ball going where it should, but somehow it got all bounced around once it left the metal lane. I've never had this much of an issue launching a ball before. I know sometimes mine definitely hits the block that I indicated. Other times, it hits the cliffy, but that has lessened. I'm not sure if I've experienced what you just posted, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Interestingly, I get way fewer failed launches with the auto plunger. Maybe it is spin from an imperfect hit by the tip of the plunger . . . .

It looks like it just barely glances the right wall and gets deflected just enough to hit something further up there. Yeah, that was definitely the most interesting one but i think pretty reflective of where my ball most commonly ends up on these.

#2146 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

It looks like it just barely glances the right wall and gets deflected just enough to hit something further up there. Yeah, that was definitely the most interesting one but i think pretty reflective of where my ball most commonly ends up on these.

This is what I am seeing too. Almost as if either something is sticking out from the wall just slightly (bowed out?) or as if the metal guide is angled just slightly to the right causing it to head a little too far that direction instead of straight (looking at the angle, this is actually what I am wondering). It certainly looks like the angle really needs to be spot-on here, with very little forgiving tolerance.

#2147 3 years ago

I'll guve it this much... it certainly adds a randomness to it.

Tomorrow I'll compile and put up a coulple more... one from a bit further back you can actually see the ball wobbling as it goes up the ramp. I think the ramp is designed to help stablize it leading to the drop but isn't always able to.

#2148 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I'll guve it this much... it certainly adds a randomness to it.
Tomorrow I'll compile and put up a coulple more... one from a bit further back you can actually see the ball wobbling as it goes up the ramp. I think the ramp is designed to help stablize it leading to the drop but isn't always able to.

Check the edges of the ramp guide, if they are sharp or have nicks just use sand paper to file them down and fine grit sand paper to make them smooth, had this happen on a few pins and that fixed the issue. It also wouldn't hurt if you replaced your shooter tip.

Another reason could be that in a HUO environment a pin is played a certain way and not at random in a commercial setting, meaning that you most likely pull the plunger a certain way either right or left or downward, in any case it can create uneven wear for the plunger. to fix that a washer or two may be needed at any one of the four bolts securing the plunger housing which will adjust the angle ever so slightly of your plunger. Hope this helps

#2149 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Check the edges of the ramp guide, if they are sharp or have nicks just use sand paper to file them down and fine grit sand paper to make them smooth, had this happen on a few pins and that fixed the issue. It also wouldn't hurt if you replaced your shooter tip.
Another reason could be that in a HUO environment a pin is played a certain way and not at random in a commercial setting, meaning that you most likely pull the plunger a certain way either right or left or downward, in any case it can create uneven wear for the plunger. to fix that a washer or two may be needed at any one of the four bolts securing the plunger housing which will adjust the angle ever so slightly of your plunger. Hope this helps

Interesting idea about the washer. I may try that if other things don't work. There is definitely some play with the shooter rod so that it wiggles a bit.

I also think there is quite a bit of space between the end of the carved out wooden shooter lane and the start of the metal ramp with the two prongs. Plenty of space for the ball to veer off course or catch some spin before hitting the metal ramp. I'm not sure if this is more than usual for a pin, but it looks like a lot of space in a wide channel to me.

#2150 3 years ago

In the club now. Love the game! I just wanted to ask about the dimpling of the playfield. I only have about 40 plays on the machine and can see a lot of dimpling. I understand this happens but just wanted to get some feedback from other owners as to what their playfields look like...thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 9193 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 184.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside