767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 306.
#2051 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I don't think there is one, it just has to be calibrated per machine / location.

thank you

#2052 7 years ago

So, I just tried to plug in some headphone to the coin door to try it out, and I couldn't get any audio out of the head set. I did hear clicks when pressing the increase and decrease audio buttons.

What do I need to do to enable this feature?

#2053 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

So, I just tried to plug in some headphone to the coin door to try it out, and I couldn't get any audio out of the head set. I did hear clicks when pressing the increase and decrease audio buttons.

There is a switch in the little circuit board on the coin door near the top upper left.
You can barely see it from the edge, use a flashlight.

#2054 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'd like to know too. I tried mine and the volume is VERY quiet. I couldn't find a setting for headphones volume but didn't look too hard either.

#2055 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

There is a switch in the little circuit board on the coin door near the top upper left.

Oh sweet. Gonna take a look now. Thanks

#2056 7 years ago

Just set up my place and time for picking up a little emerald gem......

#2057 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'd like to know too. I tried mine and the volume is VERY quiet. I couldn't find a setting for headphones volume but didn't look too hard either.

I had this problem too.

And now I know why.

#2058 7 years ago

That switch just lets me enable/disable the muting of the external speakers. But headphone volume is still very low with the volume maxed on the circuit board.

#2059 7 years ago

Well my 3 YO seems to enjoy it lol. Maybe I'm just hard of hearing now

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2060 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well my 3 YO seems to enjoy it lol. Maybe I'm just hard of hearing now

make sure the headphone is plugged in very firmly. especially the last 1/16"

#2061 7 years ago

make sure the headphone is plugged in very firmly. especially the last 1/16"

That's what she said

#2062 7 years ago

Forgot to selfie this. I think I only ended up at like 500,000 because my multi balls were abysmal. But I melted the witch and got flipper frenzy on the crystal ball! All in all a great game, just not very high scoring. First time getting more than one gem (Crystal?--- you know, toward sotr) in a game! Sotr is clearly out of reach...

#2063 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That switch just lets me enable/disable the muting of the external speakers. But headphone volume is still very low with the volume maxed on the circuit board.

I discovered on mine that the max headphone volume is set by the system volume level. I'm not a fan of this, but thats how mine seems to work. I need to set my main volume up higher than normal in order for it to sound good on headphones. Give that a try.

#2064 7 years ago

Hey all,
Tech question here. My character rollover buttons are up so high that they routinely divert any ball rolling anything other than really fast. I'd like to lower them a bit. It's like having random magnets throughout the playfield.

I noticed that they are only held up by the spring power of the moving part of the leaf spring (forgive me that my tech terms probably aren't accurate). So I though I could lower the button without reducing the sensitivity of the rollover by bending the contact that supports the button toward the other contact. I tested the concept temporarily by holding it down. Seems to work fine.

Can anyone see a major problem flexing this down a little permanently?

Also, thoughts on how to increase sensitivity of the upper playfield standup targets. I can barely activate them with my fingers, but the contacts seem really hard to reach.

#2065 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

WOZ Selfie challenge! Set your game to factory and see how you do.
Post a selfie with your score.
Winner will get a WOZ flyer, JJP decal, JJP shirt(need to check on size but probably XL)
GO!

Actually, I am probably not valid as my left outlane is moved in. Damn, I did that a long time ago and forgot about it. I probably don't need that anymore.
IMG20160914203837 (resized).jpgIMG20160914203837 (resized).jpg

#2066 7 years ago

With the Pinnovators WOZ kit you can adjust the master volume w/o opening the door. This is great
for headphone users that like it loud. You cut off the external speakers the normal way then increase the
master volume to your liking w/o the normal find the key, open the door, stuff.

It fits TH too.

#2067 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hey all,
Tech question here. My character rollover buttons are up so high that they routinely divert any ball rolling anything other than really fast. I'd like to lower them a bit. It's like having random magnets throughout the playfield.
I noticed that they are only held up by the spring power of the moving part of the leaf spring (forgive me that my tech terms probably aren't accurate). So I though I could lower the button without reducing the sensitivity of the rollover by bending the contact that supports the button toward the other contact. I tested the concept temporarily by holding it down. Seems to work fine.
Also, thoughts on how to increase sensitivity of the upper playfield standup targets. I can barely activate them with my fingers, but the contacts seem really hard to reach.

I had to adjust all the rollovers on mine as well, they were so stiff they'd create airballs when hit with a flipper shot. Some people suggest shimming the switches down using washers but in my case it would have also needed a longer screw, which I didn't have on hand so I bent the switches back and that definitely helps.

#2068 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

With the Pinnovators WOZ kit you can adjust the master volume w/o opening the door. This is great
for headphone users that like it loud. You cut off the external speakers the normal way then increase the
master volume to your liking w/o the normal find the key, open the door, stuff.
It fits TH too.

In my opinion, the pinnovators external volume control is a must have!
I added it to my WOZ and TH.
Super easy to install and has a factory look to it.
JJP should have it as an option when ordering the game, thats how good it is.

#2069 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hey all,

get a couple of these leaf adjustment tools:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518

still you have to fiddle with the switches to get them just right.
but with a tool its way easier.

the rollovers will break in over time and soften down.
raise the PF angle a little and push up the flipper power a little until you no longer get as many low inertia shots.

#2070 7 years ago

How long you running this?

Quoted from TaylorVA:

WOZ Selfie challenge! Set your game to factory and see how you do.
Post a selfie with your score.
Winner will get a WOZ flyer, JJP decal, JJP shirt(need to check on size but probably XL)
GO!

#2071 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Taylor; is this a one and done selfie game? Or is it a selfie of our best game from now til the cutoff Sunday?

Have at it. Best score between now and Sunday.

#2072 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

How long you running this?

Sunday at midnight EST

#2073 7 years ago

just played a quick game and my very first ball i went for the witch skillshot and missed. Next thing i know rainbow is lit and the house/twister is ready. Is there a skillshot to complete Rainbow with one shot?

#2074 7 years ago

Sweet baby Jesus! I'll have all of a few hours to set up my game and get a score in.......fingers crossed!!!

#2075 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Have at it. Best score between now and Sunday.

Glad to hear it! i got my highest score to date the other night of 650k. I didnt snap a selfie, but im determined to hit 1 MIL by sunday!

#2076 7 years ago

Yes very nice score but the balls roll in the other direction down there

#2077 7 years ago

Just finished a few back and forth emails with Jack at JJP and I have to say, WOW! Not only did I get all my concerns and questions answered, he is doing me a few favors and helping to work around my deployment schedule when I receive my WOZ RR. He just made a lifetime buyer out of me, now I am going to have to make room for TH.

#2078 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

just played a quick game and my very first ball i went for the witch skillshot and missed. Next thing i know rainbow is lit and the house/twister is ready. Is there a skillshot to complete Rainbow with one shot?

No but the Glinda target can award it randomly, perhaps you hit it when you missed the witch.

#2079 7 years ago

Well, I got my headphones working, but they only work when the main game sound is on. Lame!

#2080 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

No but the Glinda target can award it randomly, perhaps you hit it when you missed the witch.

I was going to say the same thing, but I think the Glinda target only rewards one or two of the letters, not all. I would put the game in switch test mode and bang around the playfield near the targets to see if one or more is gapped too closely.

#2081 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I was going to say the same thing, but I think the Glinda target only rewards one or two of the letters, not all. I would put the game in switch test mode and bang around the playfield near the targets to see if one or more is gapped too closely.

Could be or he may have just got lucky and hit glinda and had a bounce and hit a few letters.

#2082 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Could be or he may have just got lucky and hit glinda and had a bounce and hit a few letters.

Maybe, but I think we better get to the bottom of this before he enters the contest. We don't want phantom points due to vibration skewing the results.

#2083 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Maybe, but I think we better get to the bottom of this before he enters the contest. We don't want phantom points due to vibration skewing the results.

Lol!!! I know it's not a switch problem as I've played close to 50 games in the past 5 days and have never got rainbow in the first 10 secs of play. I probably just wasn't paying attention and spelled rainbow very quickly which I never do. It just surprised me that I made a ramp shot and was in twister mode.

#2084 7 years ago

I just ordered the pindemption dongle. I had a few questions, so I called JJP and they put me in touch with Jack to my surprise. It was really nice of him to take time and answer my questions. Anyway, I want a way that I can play with guests where we can take turns and they don't have to wait 20 minutes for me to finish a ball if I'm having a good game. I think beginners will also appreciate a simplified rule set with defined goals, unlimited balls and a timer. It may even get my kids back into playing. Anyway, I'll report back when I get it and try it out.

#2085 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Well, I got my headphones working, but they only work when the main game sound is on. Lame!

if you enabled the inside switch, then push the game speaker mute button.
its the lowest button in the headset volume control area on the outside of the coin door.

#2086 7 years ago

Nice!!

Next week I'm thinking about taking my WOZ over to a small office party (where I work) and ya know... I kinda wish I had pindemption for it so that I could keep it flowing and be able to play without throwing a game to keep people interested.

Its too bad a dongle is required and isn't something that could be activated online. If remotely activated it could even have options for to purchase a temporary or even demo license like Pandora Radio's day pass. A big part holding me back is having never seen or played it.

Anyways... Another question... Not that I'm concerned because its my toy and I will share it with others as I want... Just kind of a philosophical / just how touchy are people thing: When someone takes their game out of their home to be played by others non-commercially for a few hours... Or heck even at a weekend show... Is it still considered "HUO"?

#2087 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Nice!!
Next week I'm thinking about taking my WOZ over to a small office party (where I work) and ya know... I kinda wish I had pindemption for it so that I could keep it flowing and be able to play without throwing a game to keep people interested.
Its too bad a dongle is required and isn't something that could be activated online. If remotely activated it could even have options for to purchase a temporary or even demo license like Pandora Radio's day pass. A big part holding me back is having never seen or played it.
Anyways... Another question... Not that I'm concerned because its my toy and I will share it with others as I want... Just kind of a philosophical / just how touchy are people thing: When someone takes their game out of their home to be played by others non-commercially for a few hours... Or heck even at a weekend show... Is it still considered "HUO"?

Actual pinball shows is a touchy subject on pinside for considering it HUO. But an office party? I don't think the pinside police will nab you it.

#2088 7 years ago

Oh and I just pulled off my best score since getting WOZ.

I'm still determined to break 1 mil by Sunday!

#2089 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I just ordered the pindemption dongle. I had a few questions, so I called JJP and they put me in touch with Jack to my surprise. It was really nice of him to take time and answer my questions. Anyway, I want a way that I can play with guests where we can take turns and they don't have to wait 20 minutes for me to finish a ball if I'm having a good game. I think beginners will also appreciate a simplified rule set with defined goals, unlimited balls and a timer. It may even get my kids back into playing. Anyway, I'll report back when I get it and try it out.

I can relate. That's why I will eventually get a dongle for pindemption ... for both my WOZ, and future TH.

#2090 7 years ago

You guys do know that there is also a volume control on the outside of the coin door for the headphones, right? Did you turn that all the way up too? By default it is set to a low volume. Just checking for the obvious oversight.

#2091 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm still determined to break 1 mil by Sunday!

Get the HOADC shot down, stack all the multiballs with Munchin Frenzy and you'll blow past 1mil in no time.

#2092 7 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Get the HOADC shot down, stack all the multiballs with Munchin Frenzy and you'll blow past 1mil in no time.

I thought I'd be better at that shot cause of STLE, but it's a tough one. I take it you want to cash in HOADC when you have a crystal ball mode going and/or a ball on a mini pf?

Also, I notice I can only get 4 horses, I thought I read somewhere that you could get up to 7?

#2093 7 years ago

Yes, it's a tough shot. Easy to backhand with a two ball cradle on the right, otherwise lots of practice. Cash in HOADC anytime you've played a valuable munchkin mode. I always like to take the shot when I have a successful collect ready.

You can get up to 7 horses but you have to work for it. At first you can only have 4 horses. Collect that successfully (all different colors or all the same) and you advance a level to 5 horses, and so on. If you fail you go down a level. Successes add to the munchkin multiplier for that ball:

4 horses = +.5x / 5 horses = +1x (lights extra ball too) / 6 horses = +1.5x / 7 horses = +2x

When you get the multiplier up you can get insane bonuses:

wozBonus (resized).jpgwozBonus (resized).jpg

#2094 7 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Yes, it's a tough shot. Easy to backhand with a two ball cradle on the right, otherwise lots of practice. Cash in HOADC anytime you've played a valuable munchkin mode. I always like to take the shot when I have a successful collect ready.
You can get up to 7 horses but you have to work for it. At first you can only have 4 horses. Collect that successfully (all different colors or all the same) and you advance a level to 5 horses, and so on. If you fail you go down a level. Successes add to the munchkin multiplier for that ball:
4 horses = +.5x / 5 horses = +1x (lights extra ball too) / 6 horses = +1.5x / 7 horses = +2x

Holy crap that does not count in the selfie challenge!

Thanks for the tips. Gonna give it a go.

#2095 7 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Holy crap!

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I thought I'd be better at that shot cause of STLE, but it's a tough one.

I thought the same thing, but it is ten times harder than the ST shot. I too go for it if I have two balls cradled on the right flipper. I've been getting better at making the shot from the left flipper, but you have to be perfect. As noted, it can be really really lucrative. My best bonus has been 400,000+ points. I love how the award for munchkin and haunted modes are only awarded at bonus time so you have to be really careful not to tilt. Otherwise, you get a nice message of exactly how many points you just lost.

#2096 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Holy crap!

I thought the same thing, but it is ten times harder than the ST shot. I too go for it if I have two balls cradled on the right flipper. I've been getting better at making the shot from the left flipper, but you have to be perfect. As noted, it can be really really lucrative. My best bonus has been 400,000+ points. I love how the award for munchkin and haunted modes are only awarded at bonus time so you have to be really careful not to tilt. Otherwise, you get a nice message of exactly how many points you just lost.

Yea I've tilted quite a few times lol. I love the per game tilt rules! This game is much more brutal than I imagined. When I played on location it was 5 ball, light tilt, with a ball saver lol. Keefer nailed the factory settings on this.

#2097 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea I've tilted quite a few times lol. I love the per game tilt rules! This game is much more brutal than I imagined. When I played on location it was 5 ball, light tilt, with a ball saver lol. Keefer nailed the factory settings on this.

Yeah, but on the flip side (no pun attended), I think it is one reason why people are turned off on location. There's nothing worse than putting a dollar in and losing your ball without a ball saver before you can even flip.

I have to admit, the ball saver and tilt warnings per ball were the first two things I changed, but I'm no where near the player that you are.

#2098 7 years ago

What on earth is pindemption, and why would I want it for parties???

#2099 7 years ago

So is there anywhere that displays your HOADC munchkin multiplier? I collected HOADC and played munchkin mode; I thought I had 4 different horses but didn't see any .5X multiplier in my bonus or on the game.

Also, I believe I completed ECMB. I had all the gifts and music was playing like I did something good. My question is where on the status report does it show the jewels for SOTR collected?

Thanks!

#2100 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

What on earth is pindemption, and why would I want it for parties???

Its an alternate game mode designed to turn the game into a ticket dispensing machine, but the software can be used without the ticket hardware for home use.

The reason it sounds like a cool party mode is that the game is timed (ball count irrelevant) and the setup supposedly allows players to advance through some fun modes within that time providing they can make shots.

In short you don't end up with the newbie getting drained in 5 seconds then having to wait for the experienced player to play their 30 minute ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Wanted
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/42?hl=elf70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.