BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 305.
#2001 7 years ago

Looks like the first lighting board from J101 works. All the others are flickering crazy colors. Ideas?

#2002 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Looks like the first lighting board from J101 works. All the others are flickering crazy colors. Ideas?

Unplug and then plug back in all the connectors to that board. One could be loose causing all the rest downstream to go crazy.

#2003 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Unplug and then plug back in all the connectors to that board. One could be loose causing all the rest downstream to go crazy.

Thanks. I'm trying to find that board now. Is it one of the ones in the cabinet behind the computer?

#2004 7 years ago

Oh nvm I see J101 is part of that board. I was going to reseat the I/O board. Lemme try just that board

#2005 7 years ago

That was it. Thanks nokoro.

Ah the fun of owning a jjp game. At least it was a relatively simple fix

#2006 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That was it. Thanks nokoro.
Ah the fun of owning a jjp game. At least it was a relatively simple fix

That's great! Those things can be pesky.

#2007 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

This has now started to happen to me, where the in game alignment of the witch's house does not match the alignment in the test. Mine used to work perfectly. Now, it is very hard to get it to work. It also seems as if each time the house spins, I get a different result. Could there be something on the motor that needs to be tightened to keep the alignment a bit better?

It's not clear when you say "each time the house spins I get a different result." Is that each time it spins in test, or each time during a game (without ever making an adjustment in settings)?

The only way to test it accurately for me was during a game, NOT during the test mode. It is now working consistently when I play.

Just disregard the test mode for the spinning house, and continue to tweak the numbers based on the end position of the house by manually starting a munchkin mode with the glass off in a real game.

Test mode ending-position just didn't match the actual ending-position when in a real game.

If your alignment is different every time during a game without ever making an adjustment in settings, then your problem is different and could be mechanical. Unfortunately, I am not aware of a mechanical motor adjustment.

#2008 7 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

It's not clear when you say "each time the house spins I get a different result." Is that each time it spins in test, or each time during a game (without ever making an adjustment in settings)?
The only way to test it accurately for me was during a game, NOT during the test mode. It is now working consistently when I play.
Just disregard the test mode for the spinning house, and continue to tweak the numbers based on the end position of the house by manually starting a munchkin mode with the glass off in a real game.
Test mode ending-position just didn't match the actual ending-position when in a real game.
If your alignment is different every time during a game without ever making an adjustment in settings, then your problem is different and could be mechanical. Unfortunately, I am not aware of a mechanical motor adjustment.

Yeah, I did adjust it during actual game conditions. It worked for a bit, and then was off again. I'll keep playing with it. It does seem like each time it spins during a game it is in a slightly different position, which is why I was wondering if there was some mechanical adjustment.

#2009 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yeah, I did adjust it during actual game conditions. It worked for a bit, and then was off again. I'll keep playing with it. It does seem like each time it spins during a game it is in a slightly different position, which is why I was wondering if there was some mechanical adjustment.

Same here. Even during test mode I find that if i try multiple spins and drops I get a slight variation. I would adjust until I got a perfect drop the. Test 5-6 times... From that I made a final adjustment so now during game the feet drop perfectly 70% of the time, i get a half to partial drop about 20% of the time and maybe 5-10% of the time the house stoos too soon to drop at all.

I figure thats about as good as its going to get with the stock motor... Thats house is a pretty good size model spinning at a decent clip. Stopping in the precise exact same spot seems unlikely short of a beefier stepper motor and gearbox and/or some sort of mechanical stop.

#2010 7 years ago

New owner of a WOZLE here.

After putting some time on it, I'm thinking I need to cut down the coil power at the pops and State Fair bumper. I'm also considering slightly increasing the lower flipper power.

What coil adjustments do you guys make?

#2011 7 years ago

From what I've read toning down the pops is pretty common. I personally have mine down just a touch. My flippers are stock but I have actually thought about dialing them back a hair as well.

#2012 7 years ago

This game is handing my ass today!! I'm running on complete factory settings minus some coil power adjustments. BUT....I finally hit a good game. Got to the melt the witch sequence, with bitchin lighting and red targets all around; what a bad ass mode! Eventually, there were no more red shots and I finally noticed the castle shot was lit. I made that and the game went nuts and I hit the replay but drained the other ball. correct me if I'm wrong, but is the next shot the ramp and then melt the witch?

Same game, I had a ton of modes running and think I completed emerald mb cause the music playing was the merry ol land of oz and I felt like I accomplished something. But I had lights on, munchkin mode, and emerald so had no idea what was going on.

#2013 7 years ago

my woz mini house playfield loop often catches the ball so I don't get a smooth looping shot. All nuts and bolts are tight and the game is level. Any ideas?

#2014 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

New owner of a WOZLE here.
After putting some time on it, I'm thinking I need to cut down the coil power at the pops and State Fair bumper. I'm also considering slightly increasing the lower flipper power.
What coil adjustments do you guys make?

I increased my lower flippers by 1 or 2. I increased the house mini flipper by 1. I increased throne room by 1. I decreased crystal ball by 2. Think that's it so far. Haven't touched the state balloon or haunted forest but they do POP strong - I love it.

#2015 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This game is handing my ass today!! I'm running on complete factory settings minus some coil power adjustments. BUT....I finally hit a good game. Got to the melt the witch sequence, with bitchin lighting and red targets all around; what a bad ass mode! Eventually, there were no more red shots and I finally noticed the castle shot was lit. I made that and the game went nuts and I hit the replay but drained the other ball. correct me if I'm wrong, but is the next shot the ramp and then melt the witch?
Same game, I had a ton of modes running and think I completed emerald mb cause the music playing was the merry ol land of oz and I felt like I accomplished something. But I had lights on, munchkin mode, and emerald so had no idea what was going on.

Yes, to melt the witch, you first need 4 shots, red or white, but white shots will increase the jackpot. Then shoot the castle and lock a ball behind the drop target. Then hit the ramp with the other ball. It will divert to the munchkin playfield. Once it drops through the hole, hit the witch with the upper flipper. If you don't do it in time, the locked ball will release, and you will have to lock it again. If you make it, you get an awesome victory mode.

The craziness of stacked modes is fantastic in this game. Getting a MB going with a munchkin mode (preferably frenzy) and double scoring from the crystal ball can be awesome.

#2016 7 years ago

I decreased power to the pops - much quieter and still gets the job done. Power to flippers
was increased so ball would clear the ramps.

#2017 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Haven't touched the state balloon or haunted forest but they do POP strong - I love it.

There are threads documenting playfield damage in the area between the haunted forest bumpers and state fair balloon bumper.

This occurred on some random early editions. Best to make sure there is mylar in that area (it was missing on early models.)

I think turning down the power to these bumpers is a good precautionary move. I turned mine down, and they are still plenty strong. The default power was overkill.

#2018 7 years ago

Heres my coil settings

20160912_103457 (resized).jpg20160912_103457 (resized).jpg

#2019 7 years ago

WOZ Selfie challenge! Set your game to factory and see how you do.

Post a selfie with your score.

Winner will get a WOZ flyer, JJP decal, JJP shirt(need to check on size but probably XL)

GO!

#2020 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Winner will get a WOZ flyer, JJP decal, JJP shirt(need to check on size but probably XL)
GO!

Fun idea! I was going to get some chores done around the house after work tonight... Forget that noise

#2021 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

GO!

Sounds cool. I'll play mine tonight after the kid goes to bed. Is it just play one game and post a selfie with the score?

#2022 7 years ago

Oh also, outlanes are a bit harder to put back to factory... Are we fine keeping those where we have it? Well the right one is easy enough to move back.

#2023 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Oh also, outlanes are a bit harder to put back to factory... Are we fine keeping those where we have it? Well the right one is easy enough to move back.

Me personally, I don't see myself moving them back in.

#2024 7 years ago

BTW, this is probably the most "fun" club i've seen on pinside. not like i have seen many, but still. everyone is very helpful, supportive, active.

#2025 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

GO!

I would probably come in dead last for this contest, lol.

#2026 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I would probably come in dead last for this contest, lol.

Lol, don't count yourself as a dead last shoe-in... I've had some real stinkers lately.

#2027 7 years ago

I picked up a used WOZ over the weekend. Right outlane is in middle position? Is that factory?

#2028 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I picked up a used WOZ over the weekend. Right outlane is in middle position? Is that factory?

Yes, middle positions are the factory setting for the outlanes.

#2029 7 years ago

Cool idea for a contest. Of course, I believe factory settings means no ball save, is that right?

#2030 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Cool idea for a contest. Of course, I believe factory settings means no ball save, is that right?

That is correct and no ball save is brutal! Love it lol

#2031 7 years ago

No save... 3 balls.. Extra balls have to be earned the hard way brahahahaha!!

Don't forget to backup your custom settings before resetting (note to self).

#2032 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That is correct and no ball save is brutal! Love it lol

It sure is, especially when you plunge the ball into the pops, and the pops send the ball straight down the right outlane.

I must say, I love the pops in this game. It is one of those games where the randomness of them means something, and the ball doesn't just trickle out some predefined path.

#2033 7 years ago

So in my game pindeption is an option is that the ticket software or something else?

#2034 7 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

So in my game pindeption is an option is that the ticket software or something else?

Yes something you can purchase through JJP

#2035 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

GO!

Here's my submission for tonight. Just shy of my GC score.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2036 7 years ago

Wow nice score! I didn't know there was an option for full name entry, awesome! mines set for initials... I'll have to look for that option.

#2037 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Welp, now at least I don't have to go downstairs to play.

#2038 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I'm out.

I don't know how you guys crank out these crazy scores.

#2039 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

That's basically my GC score but with easier settings for me. Nice job!

#2040 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Yes something you can purchase through JJP

It's selectable is that normal? Just wondering if I have a free add on

#2041 7 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Try to activate it and see. You can always change it back.

#2042 7 years ago

Heck, that's double my highest score

#2043 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

GO!

Contest will cut off Sunday at midnight EST

#2044 7 years ago

Well this is what I got first game after factory setting reset... Nothing to write home about but I'm happy with it.

#2045 7 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Can not honestly recall, but it will not do anything unless you have the dispenser and dongle along with some tickets to make use of it.

#2046 7 years ago

Can not honestly recall, but it will not do anything unless you have the dispenser and dongle along with some tickets to make use of it.

I don't think its selectable unless you have the dongle (never really looked)... If you can activate it then you have it, congrats! No ticket dispenser is required as JJP does sell it without the dispenser for home use.

#2047 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Contest will cut off Sunday at midnight EST

Taylor; is this a one and done selfie game? Or is it a selfie of our best game from now til the cutoff Sunday?

#2048 7 years ago

Is there a prize for most abysmal score? I may have a shot at that one.

#2049 7 years ago

What is the best spinning house and wall drop setting?

#2050 7 years ago

What is the best spinning house and wall drop setting?

I don't think there is one, it just has to be calibrated per machine / location.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.