Topic Stats

• 9,762 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by harryhoudini
  • Topic is favorited by 238 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,297 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

17F57B73-77DE-40B2-B3E3-7DE861C2B173 (resized).jpeg
0114202103 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
23DFA0F8-F7D9-42C7-8453-91C8A1D53110 (resized).jpeg
FD7E2A3C-284E-40FF-B7CA-E61EE101FC4D (resized).jpeg
48412A48-5DB3-409D-87E0-6561CAAC4287 (resized).jpeg
5A5C6F21-5817-44DD-AD1E-007D340956E3 (resized).jpeg
B46EE18D-238B-473F-9CCC-5C7024BE0644 (resized).jpeg
F7AAC952-38F1-4E43-A438-332C3312069A (resized).jpeg
54291594-2914-42B3-9F07-0D00BB386FA9 (resized).jpeg
8E504E51-718C-4C02-8AC5-CD6CDFE89043 (resized).jpeg
0241E615-0E07-4B7A-8CA3-CA4B3DE8CD87.jpeg
41FFFEBA-72F4-4B67-8ABE-84B207C59FA1.jpeg
3E45001E-B173-486D-8F98-DA99B261538F.jpeg
hallmark_2025 (resized).jpg
4DBCA69C-D905-4480-826D-DC07C7F064F9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9762 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 196.
#1951 3 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

Hey Taylor! You can back up your scores and settings to another USB stick.

Thanks Goren. Hope to catch up soon.

#1952 3 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Yes but the metal rail ball guide is in the way. I don't see how the post can move inward.

Quoted from Phbooms:

It will push on the metal rail, theres a extra hole for the rail

If you dont want it to look like crap you have to remove the ball guide and notch out the metal a bit with a dremel or hack saw to allow for the rubber from the post to pass through it.
A lot of us have notched the ball guide. including me.
This way the guide can go back into place and the plastic covers it nicely.

#1953 3 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

How do you adjust the left outlane? Looks like the ball guide will interfere with the post in that inward position?

See above...^^^^^^^^^

#1954 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

See above...^^^^^^^^^

Zip tie! lol Actually, I was wondering the same thing...I had no idea people were notching the metal. I assumed there was a secret adjustment I had not discovered.

#1955 3 years ago

You don't need to notch or cut the guide. On the left outlane both the post and the guide have pre-drilled second holes to make the outlane narrower.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-outlane-posts-setup

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cant-adjust-left-outlane

ec478f37897636a00b7cba132cd875b17ba4052e (1) (resized).jpg

#1956 3 years ago

If you loosen all the screws in the plastic piece and slip the plastic a little toward the gap, it isn't that noticeable. I would not carve out a notch in the metal. Just move the metal over to the next pre-drilled hole. First photo of mine is looking at it from the side where you would notice the gap the most. The other two photos are from the players perspective - with and without a light under the plastic beaming away.

20160906_211708_resized (resized).jpg

20160906_211827_resized (resized).jpg

20160906_211852_resized (resized).jpg

#1957 3 years ago

^^^^^^^ This is what I did. No cutting or drilling needed, just using the existing pre-drilled hole.

My only concern is whether or not the hole will still be completely concealed when returning to the normal position since the hole will have widened it slightly from the screw. I think if it ends up a tad bit visible I would be ok with that.

I actually kind of doubt I will ever put it back though. It was sooo brutal before and it still can drain easily enough with a bad shot when brought in.

#1958 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Thanks Goren. Hope to catch up soon.

No Problem! Can't wait to see you streaming again

#1959 3 years ago

Just joined the club a few days ago with a ruby red from the guys at automated. I have to say, this pin is freaking awesome.

I really didn't like it when I first played it years ago at the pinball hall of fame. Super early code + the abuse pins take at PHOF = bad experience, but I had the chance to play it again at Paynemic's place, and knew from that day that I had to have one.

Does anyone have any pictures of their WOZ with mirror blades in? I'm thinking about picking some up, and just want to see what it looks like.

#1960 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

If you loosen all the screws in the plastic piece and slip the plastic a little toward the gap, it isn't that noticeable. I would not carve out a notch in the metal. Just move the metal over to the next pre-drilled hole. First photo of mine is looking at it from the side where you would notice the gap the most. The other two photos are from the players perspective - with and without a light under the plastic beaming away.

Quoted from merccat:

^^^^^^^ This is what I did. No cutting or drilling needed, just using the existing pre-drilled hole.
My only concern is whether or not the hole will still be completely concealed when returning to the normal position since the hole will have widened it slightly from the screw. I think if it ends up a tad bit visible I would be ok with that.
I actually kind of doubt I will ever put it back though. It was sooo brutal before and it still can drain easily enough with a bad shot when brought in.

I had it that way for over a year. The light shining wasnt a problem, there wasnt any problem at all, it just looked unfinished.
But after I did a thorough cleaning one day, I decided to notch the metal. It only took 5 mins and Im much happier with the result.

#1961 3 years ago

I posted here about 9 months ago lamenting how I wish I could join your club sight! I"ve been dreaming of the day that I could make this post. I'm buying my first pin next week after saving my cash for about a year. MY first pin will be....(well you know already....) WoZ RR 75th! Whey do you ask is my first pin going to be WoZ, because it's the most incredible pin I've ever played in 35+ years of playing pins!
A couple of you that I've gotten to know have already given me some great advice in anticipation of my pin, but:

PLEASE help answer these questions, or make comments.

what recommendations do you have for someone's first pin un-crating?
What that carnuba wax you buy to wax the play field?
I need Cliffy protectors?
I got a surge protector already (very expensive one).
Sprakle glass cleaner coming
I need a tool set. There is some company out of Atlanta that has a great deal on a ratchet set. Anyone know who they are?
I need screws, bolts, washer set.

What else do I need?

#1962 3 years ago
Quoted from GorfFan:

I posted here about 9 months ago lamenting how I wish I could join your club sight! I"ve been dreaming of the day that I could make this post. I'm buying my first pin next week after saving my cash for about a year. MY first pin will be....(well you know already....) WoZ RR 75th! Whey do you ask is my first pin going to be WoZ, because it's the most incredible pin I've ever played in 35+ years of playing pins!
A couple of you that I've gotten to know have already given me some great advice in anticipation of my pin, but:
I need a tool set. There is some company out of Atlanta that has a great deal on a ratchet set. Anyone know who they are?
What else do I need?

WOZ is a hefty table so i recommend a few extra hands and get a hand truck at the very least.

You dont really need screws,bolts, washers WOZ will be fully assembled but can buy small kit of them for future

Tools, you need nut driver, philips screw drivers, small ratchet set. Get a skinny magnet to reach in those tight spots that a screw will fall into

Buy at least the munchkin playfield Cliffy, which involves removing the upper playfield. While you have the munchkin playfield off replace the upper sling rubber with a black rubber if it doesnt have one already. The white rubber one breaks easily and only way to replace is taking munchkin playfield off.

Mylar the shooter lane

Thumb drive to update to 6.06 code

#1963 3 years ago
Quoted from GorfFan:

What else do I need?

You will want plastic protectors or at least fender washers for your slingshot plastics.
JJP recommends a detailing polish called Wizard's Mist-n-shine that is great for wiping down the playfield and will make the ball fly.

#1964 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You will want plastic protectors or at least fender washers for your slingshot plastics.
JJP recommends a detailing polish called Wizard's Mist-n-shine that is great for wiping down the playfield and will make the ball fly.

Wizards mist-n-shine eh? Never heard of the stuff. Is this legit for the playfield? Do you use it as a regular day cleaner or just once in a blue moon?

#1965 3 years ago

Wizards Mist and Shine:
amazon.com link »

You can use it often. It reduces static on the playfield and shines it up a little. For a more thorough but light cleaning I use Novus 1.

#1966 3 years ago

In the market for a new WOZ. Got a quote for 8k shipped (standard,w invis/g and shaker). Is that a good price? Or anything better out there

#1967 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Wizards Mist and Shine:
amazon.com link »
You can use it often. It reduces static on the playfield and shines it up a little. For a more thorough but light cleaning I use Novus 1.

(Novus 1) That's what I typically use once a week on my pins for a quick cleaning. Btw, I'm picking up a WOZ standard tomorrow! So if all goes well, I'll be in the club this weekend.

I'm not much of a mod guy, but are there Any must have mods? I have Indys light up winky drop target on the way as well as lollipop decals for the rainbow targets. I was thinking about getting the castle walls + witch but looks like a pain to install so may wait a few weeks to make sure I'm gonna keep the game for awhile LOL.

#1968 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

(Novus 1) That's what I typically use once a week on my pins for a quick cleaning. Btw, I'm picking up a WOZ standard tomorrow! So if all goes well, I'll be in the club this weekend.
I'm not much of a mod guy, but are there Any must have mods? I have Indys light up winky drop target on the way as well as lollipop decals for the rainbow targets. I was thinking about getting the castle walls + witch but looks like a pain to install so may wait a few weeks to make sure I'm gonna keep the game for awhile LOL.

I replaced the skinny clear post under the top and bottom post on the slingshots with clear starpost and installed Cointaker's starpost LEDs under them. It cost about $20 and is the best lighting mod for the game I have seen(slightly biased). The lights are tied to the coindoor insert lights and are always on.

#1969 3 years ago

Want to thank everyone for their recent recommendations on updating another owner's code. Saved my settings, thanks Goren, and re-uploaded 6.06 to my game and reinstalled my settings.

Went to owner's house today, saved their settings and uploaded new code and restored their original settings. Was almost too easy.

Cheers.

#1970 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm not much of a mod guy, but are there Any must have mods?

Get the Cliffy Munchkin Playfield Edge protector. It's a bit of work to install as you have to remove the upper playfield, but this exposed edge is prone to damage from flying balls, so worth the effort.

The Witch Well mod is really simple to install and can be purchased separately from the Castle Walls. The Walls are a bit more work to install, but still pretty easy. The Witch's Well is a vast improvement over the Witch in the clear tube.

Also make sure there is mylar around Haunted Forest pop bumpers and the state balloon bumper/target area.

#1971 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Also make sure there is mylar around Haunted Forest pop bumpers and the state balloon bumper/target area.

I have a late model WOZ (Dec 2015) which came with mylar between the Haunted Forest pop bumpers and in front of the State balloon. Do owners add additional mylar or did WOZ not originally come with this? I'm a bit concerned about the forest area. The Mylar covers the space between the pops but doesn't cover the area to the right of the top bumper (e.g. it stops around the T in haunted)

#1972 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The Mezel firepots mod is one of my favorites.

#1973 3 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

I have a late model WOZ (Dec 2015) which came with mylar between the Haunted Forest pop bumpers and in front of the State balloon. Do owners add additional mylar or did WOZ not originally come with this? I'm a bit concerned about the forest area. The Mylar covers the space between the pops but doesn't cover the area to the right of the top bumper (e.g. it stops around the T in haunted)

Early games were missing the mylar in the haunted forest and the TNPTH state fair balloon area. Fortunately JJP offers for free a sheet of pre-cut mylars for all the missing areas for those games that didnt have it.

#1974 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I replaced the skinny clear post under the top and bottom post on the slingshots with clear starpost and installed Cointaker's starpost LEDs under them. It cost about $20 and is the best lighting mod for the game I have seen(slightly biased). The lights are tied to the coindoor insert lights and are always on.

Any pictures of this you can share with us?

#1975 3 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Achieved my new high score tonight with 800k points from Haunted Multiball alone
WOZ is so addictive I can't stop playing it

I'm brand new to this forum, and will be getting my WoZ next week. I wanted to say that nobody in my area has gotten even close to your score. Congrats!

#1976 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Any pictures of this you can share with us?

screen shot from my twitch stream

Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 3.14.37 PM (resized).png

#1977 3 years ago

Congrats to all the new WOZ owners! You guys are going to love it!

#1978 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

This is correct. I talked to JJ today via email and they do use it for cleaning and polishing their play fields and parts prior to shipment. Here it is and this is the best price anywhere;
amazon.com link »

#1979 3 years ago

Where do I buy my mylar and what do you all use to cut it?

#1980 3 years ago
Quoted from GorfFan:

Where do I buy my mylar and what do you all use to cut it?

For WOZ, JJP has pre-cut mylar sets available.

#1981 3 years ago

No response on the mirror blades, so I decided to just go ahead and get them anyway. I'll post pictures once they're installed.

#1982 3 years ago

Hey guys im looking for some help finding a part that either is not listed in the manual i'm looking at or im just missing it. The magnet coil that works the drop target retraction mech in my WoZ has overheated and burnt out due to a silly loose connector from the factory and now i need to replace it because its blowing fuses every time it fires to retract the winky down. For the life of me i havent been able to locate a part number for that small magnet coil and i was wondering if anyone may be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks guys!

#1983 3 years ago
Quoted from Vexx_182:

Hey guys im looking for some help finding a part that either is not listed in the manual i'm looking at or im just missing it. The magnet coil that works the drop target retraction mech in my WoZ has overheated and burnt out due to a silly loose connector from the factory and now i need to replace it because its blowing fuses every time it fires to retract the winky down. For the life of me i havent been able to locate a part number for that small magnet coil and i was wondering if anyone may be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks guys!

Page C-26, 23-800 standard coil is the description. Part #23-0003-00.

#1984 3 years ago

Hey Guys! The video of the WOZ stream Stashkid13 did with me is up on youtube! Check it out:

#1985 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The Mezel firepots mod is one of my favorites.

I bought some mods for my WOZ and that was one of them. But ... in attempting to remove the nuts and bolts at the base of the throne room plastic wizard head, I found that the bolts/nuts were torqued to tight and stripped out. I can't get them off. I've been procrastinating trying to cut them off. I would need replacement nuts/bolts plus whatever else I damage in the process. ARGH! Six months later ...

#1986 3 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

Hey Guys! The video of the WOZ stream Stashkid13 did with me is up on youtube! Check it out: » YouTube video

I watched that stream. You guys did a great job! Thanks for sharing. What was the pitch of your machine?

#1987 3 years ago

uuuuuuuugh I can not wait to join this club when I get back state side.

#1988 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

uuuuuuuugh I can not wait to join this club when I get back state side.

Keep safe in the meantime. Thank you for your service.

#1989 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I watched that stream. You guys did a great job! Thanks for sharing. What was the pitch of your machine?

Glad you enjoyed it! Good question...can't remember off the top of my head. Will let you know when I check it out!

#1990 3 years ago

Just joined

1473530788792-1316014238 (resized).jpg

#1991 3 years ago

Congrats on the new game!
Its going to be EPIC!

#1992 3 years ago

Congrats. I just joined today too! Just got back a few hours ago. Only bummer is it didn't have invisiglass and was supposed to. Even the owner didn't know it wasn't invisiglass. I'm very spoiled with invisiglass LOL. Anyway. Just updated it to 6.06! Time to flip out on it

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1993 3 years ago

Wow! Congrats, so excited to see all these new members. I think I may have to celebrate by trying to melt that damn witch tonight. She taunts me so....

#1994 3 years ago

Any tips for adjusting the witch target?

It is becoming nearly impossible to register a hit, even with a solid shot. When I went into test mode i could easily activate both switches when pushing on the lower half but holding it square in so the switch was all the way back squarely against the rubber pads would not activate either. Pushing a ball against the switch, it would only activate on the very edges.

Those switches look to be a bit burried in there so I was wondering if anyone had any tips. Thanks!

#1995 3 years ago

I'm about to order some wizard mist and spit shine what's the stuff I need for cleaning invisaglass?

#1996 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Any tips for adjusting the witch target?
It is becoming nearly impossible to register a hit, even with a solid shot. When I went into test mode i could easily activate both switches when pushing on the lower half but holding it square in so the switch was all the way back squarely against the rubber pads would not activate either. Pushing a ball against the switch, it would only activate on the very edges.
Those switches look to be a bit burried in there so I was wondering if anyone had any tips. Thanks!

It is easy to adjust. There is a screw or two to loosen, and it slides back and forth.

Quoted from agodfrey:

I'm about to order some wizard mist and spit shine what's the stuff I need for cleaning invisaglass?

Sparkle. It is purple.

#1997 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I can adjust my Spinning House Witch's legs in the test mode - they work perfectly.
Unfortunately, they never work during a game when I start a Munchkin mode. I can see the door struggle, but it won't open.
I've tried increasing the coil strength to open the door (even though the door opened fine in test). I've also tried adjusting the house to be slightly off in test, thinking it would correct itself during an actual game. (I'm thinking the spin adjustment in test mode does not accurately reflect the final house position during a game.)
In any case, they just won't work during a game no matter how I try to adjust it in test.
Has anybody experienced this and/or know of a solution to get the feet to display properly during a game?

This has now started to happen to me, where the in game alignment of the witch's house does not match the alignment in the test. Mine used to work perfectly. Now, it is very hard to get it to work. It also seems as if each time the house spins, I get a different result. Could there be something on the motor that needs to be tightened to keep the alignment a bit better?

#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

It is easy to adjust. There is a screw or two to loosen, and it slides back and forth.

By the way, here is a picture of the switches and the screws:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/89824152@N07/9474484418/in/album-72157634995600921/

#1999 3 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Jjp told me to use a 50/50 mix of isopropyl alcohol 90% I think and distilled water

#2000 3 years ago

So powered up pin this morning. Lights were all out. Rebooted and lights are flickering like crazy. Rebooted about 5 times and same thing. Worked a bunch of times last night even with on/off cycles. I'm gonna go check connectors now. Any other things I should look for?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
$ 11,500.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
There are 9762 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 196.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside