Topic Stats

• 10,510 posts
  • 557 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Nokoro
  • Topic is favorited by 253 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,424 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6F805F78-5374-4296-BB2A-9C76C00B141E (resized).jpeg
2FB562F8-3E26-48B4-AE9D-AA54109AF560 (resized).png
7CB00E97-64FA-4617-BF90-F39969662F47 (resized).jpeg
20200529_192046 (resized).jpg
20200529_192139 (resized).jpg
A23EFB32-5508-4E35-A9D9-5522407597EE (resized).jpeg
A77FCD63-6AA9-432D-AC48-778438CAF5C2 (resized).jpeg
C3F2D12F-792F-4F3A-B6D7-16353FA1169A (resized).jpeg
20200528_205525 (resized).jpg
13B3AAC4-F5F8-49BD-A519-8C2915B24FAB (resized).jpeg
66DDA1A2-D052-4C1D-9EAD-DE1A0864C9A1 (resized).jpeg
91FE3651-BD02-4610-A950-815B82A3A3F8 (resized).jpeg
20200525_132917 (resized).jpg
5F0CA0EB-BA75-4167-BBD6-52E2EE424E09 (resized).jpeg
36266128-1D1F-4F6A-83A3-5AFC90B5B39C (resized).jpeg
5F9AFFBA-A515-4D93-8923-D29C8C388D76 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10510 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 211.
#151 6 years ago

Can someone provide a link to this fix-/having trouble locating it....thanks!

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from Leotis:

Can someone provide a link to this fix-/having trouble locating it....thanks!

It's in this thread, makes a HUGE difference, pull the pin out to the second peg and reach behind the castle to adjust the wire form up a little bit. Somebody posted pics

#153 6 years ago

Add me to the group.

I've only had my WOZ for 5 days now.

Awesome machine.

#154 6 years ago

You can add me to the fan cub,SO glad i waited now! I have not played this much in years,i went and played a game this afternoon and had my best yet then the next was probably my worst. Lots of fun!

#155 6 years ago

My game is tough! The incline is pretty steep and I have it set on 3 balls with whatever the defaults were for 3.0.

Great fun though and it keeps me hitting the Start button.

Maybe if I nudge a little better this game.

Maybe if I avoid starting weak flippers during rescue multiball when I only need one more ramp shot to stack ECMB.

Maybe if I .....

#156 6 years ago

How does WOZ stack up in your collection Jvspin? It looks like you have most of the top ten. How does WOZ compare in your opinion? I'm just curious.

#157 6 years ago

Can someone help direct me to the google group thread on adjusting the castle loop coil. Can't seem to access the appropriate group / thread...a link would be very helpful...

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Maybe if I avoid starting weak flippers during rescue multiball when I only need one more ramp shot to stack ECMB.

Oh yeah, that's a killer!

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from Leotis:

Can someone help direct me to the google group thread on adjusting the castle loop coil. Can't seem to access the appropriate group / thread...a link would be very helpful...

You have to e-mail Jen at JJP to get access to the group.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

How does WOZ stack up in your collection Jvspin? It looks like you have most of the top ten. How does WOZ compare in your opinion? I'm just curious.

I think it's a little early to say as I'm still in the honeymoon phase. At the moment it is tied with my all time favorite TZ.

It has satisfying shots, a layered rule set, the LCD and its content are well done, it has humor, great sound, is well made and beautiful. To me, it's a masterpiece. It remains to be seen if the sound and/or gameplay become tiresome down the line.

Keep in mind though that I've always liked the Wizard of Oz and its music. I also like a shooters game where you need to get control of the ball, decide which shot to go for, then hit the shot.

WOZ reminds me a little bit of juggling, if you get one ball out of line, you quickly find yourself chasing the rest until they're all on the ground.

Of course, it needs to be working to enjoy, so hopefully the LED issues are put to rest. My machine hasn't been down due to the ability to bypass a broken board but it seems like many people don't use this feature.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Add me to the group.
I've only had my WOZ for 5 days now.
Awesome machine.

Quoted from JIM_Z:

You can add me to the fan cub,SO glad i waited now! I have not played this much in years,i went and played a game this afternoon and had my best yet then the next was probably my worst. Lots of fun!

Congrats and welcome!

#162 6 years ago

Ugh, i am horrible at getting rescue multi-ball. I played three games last night and my focus was simply on hitting the winkie and then getting up to the castle. even with the post moved in at the exit. first i got up there several times, almost spelling rescue, but hadn't captured dorothy, then i finally capture dorothy but couldnt finish spelling rescue.. lol.

had a lot of fun trying at least.

i've been trying to work on getting my shots down (pin newb) and i think ive got most of them... but for the life me, can not hit the spinner on purpose with any consistency (always by accident, or via the slings)

I will keep at it tho, such a fun game. I feel a little guilty that i have been ignoring the TSPP next to it lately. heh.

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Ugh, i am horrible at getting rescue multi-ball. I played three games last night and my focus was simply on hitting the winkie and then getting up to the castle. even with the post moved in at the exit. first i got up there several times, almost spelling rescue, but hadn't captured dorothy, then i finally capture dorothy but couldnt finish spelling rescue.. lol.
had a lot of fun trying at least.
i've been trying to work on getting my shots down (pin newb) and i think ive got most of them... but for the life me, can not hit the spinner on purpose with any consistency (always by accident, or via the slings)
I will keep at it tho, such a fun game. I feel a little guilty that i have been ignoring the TSPP next to it lately. heh.

I tend to plunge the first ball all the way around to the pops. Sometimes I get lucky and hit both blue targets to light the capture. I want that lit and captured as soon as possible, just so I'm not up on the castle spelling rescue without the ball ready to go. There are times that strategy leads to a tragic end, but starting Rescue is pretty cool (I really like the swirling lights at the start).

#164 6 years ago

As a tip for rescue multiball, the upper playfield loop (the SEARCH shot) spots a rescue letter and is generally easier than making many of the targets. SEARCH will also light for virtual locks after you spell rescue, either before or after you capture dorothy: I believe the jackpots go up, but in any event more balls = more points in my experience.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

As a tip for rescue multiball, the upper playfield loop (the SEARCH shot) spots a rescue letter and is generally easier than making many of the targets. SEARCH will also light for virtual locks after you spell rescue, either before or after you capture dorothy: I believe the jackpots go up, but in any event more balls = more points in my experience.

I did not know that. i will have to give that a try, thnx!

#166 6 years ago

I did not know that. i will have to give that a try, thnx!

I've been finding some success by trapping the ball, then banking off the RES targets to the CUE targets and retrapping. Sometimes it hits the doors enough times that the doors open. Putting the ball in the saucer behind the door also awards a letter.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You have to e-mail Jen at JJP to get access to the group.

Can't somebody just paste the message on the castle loop adjustment here?

#168 6 years ago

To adjust the castle loop all you need to do is raise the wire form that controls the ball in the loop. I just raised mine slightly by lifting/bending it with my fingers, no tools are needed very small and easy adjustment. I have mine adjusted so that the wire form is a bit over the midway point on the ball, it was a bit below the midway point before.

#169 6 years ago

2nd peg. Two finger raise behind castle. 10 seconds.

Now I have to get used to speed again. Keep flipper erect on rebound. That's what she said.

Huge scores if you get Rescue MB and have EC MB ready for 3rd lock and then add a crystal ball with multi

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Had my best game so far. Defeated the witch on ball one, no EBs. Epic.

image-239.jpg 151 KB

Just learning the rules and never seen this, how do you do it?

#171 6 years ago

I am interested in this game and need a sort of 'What to Look For' chart. When I say that I mean, I am interested in an ECLE, STD, Ruby Red.... just simply interested.

It looks like the Standard is available NIB which is cool, and I like that a lot unless I can actually purchase from a neighbor and see it in person and pick it up. Which doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.

So... I need a chart that would go something like: 2012: 1st release of WOZ (any edition), Issues were: xxxx, 06-2012 Issue resolved. 2013 Issue arose with: xxxxxx... 06-2013 Issue resolved. Mid-2013: Light (thing that you all are talking about) Issue arose with: xxxxx.... Late-2013: Issue resolved....

I'm kinda looking for this so that I know which to purchase. I have read some things about 5V vs 7.5V and stuff but have missed some things. Read something about adjusting something behind the upper doors (simple) but really want to know these things. And most importantly... Buy this date: and NOT that date:

Always appreciate every piece of information that this forum offers. Just missed this one. Thanks in Advance.

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Just learning the rules and never seen this, how do you do it?

I just snapped this pic from the 3.0 rules screen on my game. To get to battle the witch you need to collect the 4 emeralds on this screen. So you need to start Rescue Multiball, start Emerald City Multiball, start a munchkin mode, and start Fireball Frenzy. The rules to start each of those is on the screens.

One thing I still don't like is that there isn't much fanfare. Just blam, inserts go green, it launches a second ball and you are battling the witch. However, it is a total thrill when you melt her (I've done it twice so far).

You can get to these screens and show your current progress by holding both flippers up during play. Then let one go (the one not holding the ball ). Then that flipper will page through the status screens.

image-165.jpg

#173 6 years ago

Ok, thanks I've been there before than, just never completed it. Still trying to figure out what to hit when you activate fireball mode too...

Just adjusted my house and feet, so easy and such an improvement.

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Ok, thanks I've been there before than, just never completed it. Still trying to figure out what to hit when you activate fireball mode too...
Just adjusted my house and feet, so easy and such an improvement.

When playing it alone, you are trying to hit the blue shots. Blue puts out fire, and the orange flickering shots burn the scarecrow (the first one you hit the witch says "Here come the fireballs"). Three fireballs shots ends the round by burning up the scare row. You are trying to get 10 blue jackpot shots to collect the diamond. I'm not sure if the round ends at 10 or if you continue until he burns.

Stacked it is tough because you need other shots that are usually fire, so I tend to try and play that mode alone.

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

2nd peg. Two finger raise behind castle. 10 seconds.
Now I have to get used to speed again. Keep flipper erect on rebound. That's what she said.
Huge scores if you get Rescue MB and have EC MB ready for 3rd lock and then add a crystal ball with multi

And sorry to be so talkative tonight but WOW! I finally had some time to open the game and adjust the search loop. The castle playfield plays completely differently now. Much faster now that the loop flies through. The only rejects were from bad shots, but if you hit the loop, smooth now.

#176 6 years ago

My best score ever tonight! Thanks for the helpful tips!

image-720.jpg
#178 6 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

I am interested in this game and need a sort of 'What to Look For' chart. When I say that I mean, I am interested in an ECLE, STD, Ruby Red.... just simply interested.
It looks like the Standard is available NIB which is cool, and I like that a lot unless I can actually purchase from a neighbor and see it in person and pick it up. Which doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.
So... I need a chart that would go something like: 2012: 1st release of WOZ (any edition), Issues were: xxxx, 06-2012 Issue resolved. 2013 Issue arose with: xxxxxx... 06-2013 Issue resolved. Mid-2013: Light (thing that you all are talking about) Issue arose with: xxxxx.... Late-2013: Issue resolved....
I'm kinda looking for this so that I know which to purchase. I have read some things about 5V vs 7.5V and stuff but have missed some things. Read something about adjusting something behind the upper doors (simple) but really want to know these things. And most importantly... Buy this date: and NOT that date:
Always appreciate every piece of information that this forum offers. Just missed this one. Thanks in Advance.

There is no guarantee that any game you buy is going to be free of issues. The dates of manufactured vs issues seems all over the place so no cut and dry "buy this, not that."

This is a game that I would buy NIB as you'll get the full support of JJP tech staff that have been pretty great IMO but that being said I would assume any seller has dealt with any issues that have arisen while they have owned it.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

Pretty much what taylor said. Things like minor adjustments wern't specific to build dates that i noticed. If you're buying a NIB, then its going to at the very least have newer light boards. and if you buy a used one, I would just ask if they have had any light board lockup/blowout issues, and if so, have they gotten the new replacement boards from JJP to fix it. JJP support is top notch.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I just snapped this pic from the 3.0 rules screen on my game. To get to battle the witch you need to collect the 4 emeralds on this screen. So you need to start Rescue Multiball, start Emerald City Multiball, start a munchkin mode, and start Fireball Frenzy. The rules to start each of those is on the screens.

Swee, this was going to be my next question. how the heck do i even get to the battle, lol.

Quoted from Excalabur:

This! i did this last night (only had time to play one game) and was able to get to rescue multiball, i am ever so slowly improving, heh.

#181 6 years ago

I have really, really been enjoying WOZ... hats off to JJP and their whole team for making an amazing game!

From the unboxing...
wozm0.jpg

I've been showing the game off to so many people, and everybody that plays it really loves it

including Jello Biafra from the Dead Kennedys:
wozm1.jpg

Tommy Malone from the Subdudes:
wozm3.jpg

We even brought the game to the local Maker's Faire and showed off the latest in pinball technology
wozm2.jpg

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I have really, really been enjoying WOZ... hats off to JJP and their whole team for making an amazing game!
From the unboxing...

I've been showing the game off to so many people, and everybody that plays it really loves it

We even brought the game to the local Maker's Faire and showed off the latest in pinball technology

Ha, nice seeing jello (saw you post this pic b4) brings back memories

Sweet that you brought it to the maker fair, how did it go over there?

#183 6 years ago

I am seeing a lot of scores now in the 1 million+ range and am curious at what point people are racking up big scores. My highest to date, 3 ball 1 EB, was 700k+ and really exploded from mid 400k when I was able to stack CB and HB.
Any tips appreciated.

#184 6 years ago

Sweet that you brought it to the maker fair, how did it go over there?

It was a huge hit... we had to meter how much it got played... people started to fight over the game and stay on it without letting others play.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

From the unboxing...

Name drop much?

wozm0.jpg 26 KB

wozm1.jpg 39 KB

wozm2.jpg 42 KB

wozm3.jpg 43 KB

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I am seeing a lot of scores now in the 1 million+ range and am curious at what point people are racking up big scores. My highest to date, 3 ball 1 EB, was 700k+ and really exploded from mid 400k when I was able to stack CB and HB.
Any tips appreciated.

I've almost completely given up score as a goal right now. For some reason I have it in my head that the thing I need to prove is that I can get a mega-jackpot in Rescue Multiball. So I am almost obsessively trying to start Rescue. If a lock is available in ECMB, I take it... except for the third one. I try to save the third until after I start Rescue so I have more balls on the table. Then I just go after hitting jackpots and collecting red letters. My best is still 2 red letters, so I am a long way away from finishing it.

I really do like this game. I can collect a couple of diamonds and keep thinking that if I play just a bit better I can beat it, all the while knowing that I can't.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Any tips appreciated.

I have had a few high scoring games now and would attribute it to stacking but also longevity, in my best I got to battle the witch twice and kept stacking modes. Might get a couple hundred k in each stacked mode but I did it several times in the one game. Last weekend it just seemed like I could play forever and not drain, unfortunately that seems to have stopped this weekend...

#188 6 years ago

So is the goal of rescue MB to get back up to the castle and spell rescue again with the red letters? now that i can actually get to it, i guess i should figure out how to beat it. heh.

#189 6 years ago

Pretty much what taylor said. Things like minor adjustments wern't specific to build dates that i noticed. If you're buying a NIB, then its going to at the very least have newer light boards. and if you buy a used one, I would just ask if they have had any light board lockup/blowout issues, and if so, have they gotten the new replacement boards from JJP to fix it. JJP support is top notch.

Thank you for the information. I can buy a NIB standard that was invoiced in October.... so either distributor has been sitting on since then, can't sell them, or?... I don't know.

But this was part of the reason for the question of issues and build dates. As for the lockups and lightboards that seems to be a pretty big one.... and so NIB could mean still has issues depending on build date. I don't know, thus the question.

You never know. I saw a LOTR NIB on sale on ebay for like 100K awhile back.. (haha), but I suppose some folks buy them to speculate pricing in the future, Anyways, appreciate everyone's help. Seems like a game I should buy.

#190 6 years ago

Honestly, the build date is no surefire indicator, although recent builds are likelier to avoid problems, I suppose. Mine was built last summer, and I have not had a single LED board go out. It still has the original 5 volt boards.

#191 6 years ago

Sounds like a winner....

My wife want's one pretty bad. I think we should get one and just go from there....

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

Sounds like a winner....
My wife want's one pretty bad. I think we should get one and just go from there....

I believe September is when they switched to the 7.5v LED boards, just buy it, you'll love it. as long as you go in knowing there is the possibility to make some tweaks and dial it in, you'll be fine. everyone at JJP is helpful, everyone in the WOZ google group is helpful, and at the very least, everyone in this protected thread is helpful, lol.

#193 6 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Name drop much?

Awww... dude... I'm sorry if that bothered you. Feel free to post a pic of your aunt Helen resting her martini on your WOZ. We'd all like to see it.

Our group in New Orleans has worked our asses off for two years to create a really cool scene in New Orleans. We've brought competitive pinball to a state that has never had it before, and attracted famous people to our arcade and introduced them to pinball. I'm proud of that. Sorry you find it intimidating. Talk to your therapist about it.

#194 6 years ago

^ something to be proud of.

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

^ something to be proud of.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I was not in the mood yesterday. Sorry if I came off acerbic.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

Sounds like a winner....

Yes....this.....^^^^

#197 6 years ago

i just leant mine to a friend, his wife just sent a pic with him at the helm and cussed me out because apparently......addicted

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

i just leant mine to a friend, his wife just sent a pic with him at the helm and cussed me out because apparently......addicted

Hopefully, you get yours back.....

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I was not in the mood yesterday. Sorry if I came off acerbic.

No, introducing people to pinball and growing the hobby is commendable. A handful of people here in NYC have also done an amazing job over the past few years too. And there are many other growing pinball "hubs."

#200 6 years ago

orrr lending your machine to a friend who owns none and they get addicted and you never get it back! commendable? it sucks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 10510 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside