767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 306.
#1851 7 years ago

Whoohoo!

My best game to date... Got flipper frenzy, haunted multiball and 3 munchkin modes...

At one point had the following stacked: munckin mode, ECMC, Crystal ball, Haunted Multiball, and Rescue Multiball.

Still didn't melt the stinkin witch tho.

#1852 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Whoohoo!
My best game to date... Got flipper frenzy, haunted multiball and 3 munchkin modes...
At one point had the following stacked: munckin mode, ECMC, Crystal ball, Haunted Multiball, and Rescue Multiball.
Still didn't melt the stinkin witch tho.

Nice! What was your score?

#1853 7 years ago

1,986,--- ish

#1854 7 years ago

#1855 7 years ago

Greetings all,

I noticed lately that fom time to time my crystal ball will just display snow/static. At first I thought loose commection but everything is solid... Watching a little closer it seems to occur only when certain modes are active and will during the same game return to normal. I have not yet watched closely enough to determine which specific mode causing it.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm thinking maybe a corruption in the SD card data? Is there an image of it available anywhere?

.... aaaannd.. after systematically triggering all of the animations I can't reproduce it... So for now I guess it's just random during gameplay. Oh well doesn't seem like any sort of major issue, I'm guessing maybe vibrations during gameplay may cause it. At least it goes away without having to do anything.

#1856 7 years ago

Every once in a while when I turn my WOZ on my crystal ball shows weird numbers and no pics bt never noticed this during certain modes. Note is the second SD card and was so bad on first one after awhile I got it replaced.

#1857 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Greetings all,
I noticed lately that fom time to time my crystal ball will just display snow/static. At first I thought loose commection but everything is solid... Watching a little closer it seems to occur only when certain modes are active and will during the same game return to normal. I have not yet watched closely enough to determine which specific mode causing it.
Has anyone else experienced this? I'm thinking maybe a corruption in the SD card data? Is there an image of it available anywhere?
.... aaaannd.. after systematically triggering all of the animations I can't reproduce it... So for now I guess it's just random during gameplay. Oh well doesn't seem like any sort of major issue, I'm guessing maybe vibrations during gameplay may cause it. At least it goes away without having to do anything.

Sometimes the static is from a loose cable on the crystal ball side or even a loose/dirty SD card in the ball.

#1858 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Sometimes the static is from a loose cable on the crystal ball side or even a loose/dirty SD card in the ball.

I'll echo this. I had it maybe 3 times of either static or the upside text. Reseating card and reconnecting all connections has fixed it.

#1859 7 years ago

Thanks! I'll try reseating the card, all the connectors are good an tight, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to reseat those as well.

#1860 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

All great resources! Thank you
Does anyone have a high Rez image of the playfield (preferably ruby red) that can be used for a shot map poster?
When I finish the poster, I'll post here for all to use

Here you go. Follow the link. Hi rez of entire table shot from my Ruby Red machine with a digital 35MM. The whole table and then sections of it. Enjoy and thanks for tackling this!
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9aPFmNkJCM7Z0d1c25UX0pOMkk&usp=sharing
RRWOZ_Table1 (resized).jpgRRWOZ_Table1 (resized).jpgRRWOZ_UpperTopWide (resized).JPGRRWOZ_UpperTopWide (resized).JPGRRWOZ_UpperMidWide (resized).JPGRRWOZ_UpperMidWide (resized).JPGRRWOZ_MidWide (resized).JPGRRWOZ_MidWide (resized).JPGRRWOZ_LowerWide (resized).JPGRRWOZ_LowerWide (resized).JPGRRWOZ_House (resized).JPGRRWOZ_House (resized).JPGRRWOZ_Castle (resized).JPGRRWOZ_Castle (resized).JPG

Added over 8 years ago: Added images of Castle and House PFs with the machine on to the included link

#1861 7 years ago

Fantastic! thank you, I'll use them!

#1862 7 years ago

This is my preliminary Idea for a shot map of first time players who just need a quick crash course, suggestions?

"kirk" post is for conversation.. remove?

Background look ok?

Font ok?

RRWOZ_Shot Map 001 (resized).pngRRWOZ_Shot Map 001 (resized).png

#1863 7 years ago

I dig. Maybe white or red text with a black stroke for legibility

#1864 7 years ago

Hard to read on my iPad.

#1865 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

This is my preliminary Idea for a shot map of first time players who just need a quick crash course, suggestions?
"kirk" post is for conversation.. remove?
Background look ok?
Font ok?

Cool! Nice job! Just added the mini playfield images to my previous post. Font is great - might try a white background, clean simple and lets the PF be the star- FWIW

#1866 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I dig. Maybe white or red text with a black stroke for legibility

Agreed. Looks great but hard to read.

#1867 7 years ago

Thinking about buying a woz. Played it last weekend for the first time and was hooked
Questions for owners. The play field was so dark in a dim light room.does the aftermarket light kit make a big difference? And second is the machine reliable. I know things break and light board issues have been addressed. Is it better to buy a recently built machine since the factory might have addressed other issues not talked about.

#1868 7 years ago

Nice work!

I would also reccommend bordering the fonts with a small to medium stroke to help them pop. The lines should also be a bit higher contrast and a slightly heavier stroke.

#1869 7 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Thinking about buying a woz. Played it last weekend for the first time and was hooked
Questions for owners. The play field was so dark in a dim light room.does the aftermarket light kit make a big difference? And second is the machine reliable. I know things break and light board issues have been addressed. Is it better to buy a recently built machine since the factory might have addressed other issues not talked about.

We bought one from Automated a couple months ago. It has worked perfectly so far. A couple minor tweaks, that's about it. They had a ton of them still in stock with Automated, mine had a build date of December 2014. No lightboard issues at all with ours, we have a ruby red and it has all the updates and fixes. It's a fun game!

#1870 7 years ago

Another Try... please keep the Suggestions coming, I'd like to get this good for us all

#1871 7 years ago

Honestly I think they both look great!

#1872 7 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Yes the lighting kit is a must if you like to play in the dark. It's makes a big difference.

To answer to buy newer, they all can have issues but I'd think most of the older ones have been fixed if there was issues. I had a few things as did some friends on our RR's, but in my case, it's been rock solid. I wanted a new one so went that route. I wouldn't be afraid of a used one if condition shows it's been cared for and everything is working.

#1873 7 years ago

Is capturing Dorothy worth mentioning? Maybe not.

#1874 7 years ago

Much better to read. I love the ruby background too.

I second the notion that you should mention how to capture Dorothy -- both the monkey targets and the orbit shot for the magnet.

I also think when you say "spot character switches" you should add "... to light locks".

#1875 7 years ago

Third Try... Edit: I spelled Dorothy wrong, I corrected it already

#1876 7 years ago

Nice!

It's a testament to the complexity and depth of the game how hard it is to get everything on one sheet. And, you didn't even touch the haunted modes. I think you did a nice job balancing what you could fit and what new players would want to know.

#1877 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Yes the lighting kit is a must if you like to play in the dark. It's makes a big difference.
To answer to buy newer, they all can have issues but I'd think most of the older ones have been fixed if there was issues. I had a few things as did some friends on our RR's, but in my case, it's been rock solid. I wanted a new one so went that route. I wouldn't be afraid of a used one if condition shows it's been cared for and everything is working.

Is the lighting kit still needed on ruby red editions? Thought jjp fixed that, no?

#1878 7 years ago

How easy would it be to try a white font with a black stroke? I think the font could still pop out from the background a little better.

#1879 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is the lighting kit still needed on ruby red editions? Thought jjp fixed that, no?

There's no additional lighting on any of the models. So you'd want to consider on any one you choose. Or find a used one someone put the kit on.

#1880 7 years ago

and again!... good call merccat

I think it's pretty close to finished... any other suggestions?

I can still change the size for a more "picture frame" friendly print

#1881 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I have a Ruby Red. It is dark like the rest. I got one of those cheap standing lamps with three adjustable lights. I have all three lights adjusted so they shine from the edge of my room onto the playfield. I turn them on when I'm playing WOZ and turn them off when playing other pins. Works really well if you don't want to trouble yourself with the light kit.

#1882 7 years ago

Chosen_S, wow! The white font is even better.

#1883 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

That's the one! Much better font.

#1884 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

White font is MUCH better. Make it picture frame ready and it is a keeper. Good job on it.

#1885 7 years ago

Yeah! Looks great! Put a fork in it, it's done

#1886 7 years ago

Thanks guys! what sizes do y'all think are best to start with?

#1887 7 years ago

Letter 8.5x11 looks like it will fit better than Legal size. Not sure what poster sizes are.

#1888 7 years ago

11 x 17 is a good smaller poster size that's a standard paper size out there (Ledger). 18x24 might be a better fit though if you're aspect ratio is closer to letter... plus it's bigger

#1889 7 years ago

At what point during the game are the Witch's legs supposed to be revealed under the house?

#1890 7 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

At what point during the game are the Witch's legs supposed to be revealed under the house?

When you make enough lops to start a munchkin mode, the ball drops through the hole, is held by the magnet, and the legs come down. The mode then starts.

#1891 7 years ago

I've had an issue that reoccurs every once in a while. When the ball exits the munchkinland playfield, instead of landing right on the magnet, sometimes it hops a bit to the left and out of reach of the flipper. It has happened to me a couple of times when I was about to melt the witch, and that was really frustrating. It also happened to me a couple of times when I completed There's No Place Like Home. It seems to happen more when the ball is rolling slowly down the playfield, having just been diverted from the ramp, rather than on completing a fast loop and then exiting.

Anyone else experience this, and is there an adjustment to be made to correct it?

#1892 7 years ago

I'm having a random lighting issue. 2 times in the past week, when I power on the game ALL of the insert lights do not work. A power cycle fixed the problem both times but is this something I should be concerned with?

On another note.....THIS FINALLY HAPPENED!

IMG_9995 (resized).jpgIMG_9995 (resized).jpg

#1893 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I've had an issue that reoccurs every once in a while. When the ball exits the munchkinland playfield, instead of landing right on the magnet, sometimes it hops a bit to the left and out of reach of the flipper. It has happened to me a couple of times when I was about to melt the witch, and that was really frustrating. It also happened to me a couple of times when I completed There's No Place Like Home. It seems to happen more when the ball is rolling slowly down the playfield, having just been diverted from the ramp, rather than on completing a fast loop and then exiting.
Anyone else experience this, and is there an adjustment to be made to correct it?

The angle of the mini PF needs adjustment. Check the mounting screws for tightness or obstrutions, especially if you have removed it to install cliffy protector.
You can also add a washer to the rainbow side stand-offs to angle it better towards the hole.

Also check your left to right (horizontal?) main playfield level.

#1894 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I'm having a random lighting issue. 2 times in the past week, when I power on the game ALL of the insert lights do not work. A power cycle fixed the problem both times but is this something I should be concerned with?

Congrats on killing the witch!
You might check your power at the outlet for low current/power if the game is starting anemically.
Or go thru and check all the connections on the PC and GI/LED strings.

#1895 7 years ago

Joined the club on Friday! Before owning WOZ, I had only played maybe 5 games on it. I chose it because I absolutely love the light show and I wanted a deep pin (my other pins are fast flow). I am having a lot of fun so far but it is kicking my ass! I need to learn to play better. What settings do you guys use? At a minimum I'm going to turn on a ball saver for at least a few seconds. Seems like my WOZ came with pindemption so I'm going to play around with it too...

#1896 7 years ago

Hey folks. I also joined the Club with a beautiful wozecle.
Plays amazing but i found a little bug in my sound.

Sometimes during play the sounds(call outs) became quieter and then go up to normal level.

can you guys give me a hint what to check? And why it happens?

#1897 7 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Joined the club on Friday! Before owning WOZ, I had only played maybe 5 games on it. I chose it because I absolutely love the light show and I wanted a deep pin (my other pins are fast flow). I am having a lot of fun so far but it is kicking my ass! I need to learn to play better. What settings do you guys use? At a minimum I'm going to turn on a ball saver for at least a few seconds. Seems like my WOZ came with pindemption so I'm going to play around with it too...

Congrats! I play a 7.1 degree slope with the outlanes pulled in. Set for 4 ball with special award set to extra ball and added extra ball awards at 100, 200 and 400k. That way if the game is crummy it goes away pretty fast but if I'm hot its extra balls galore.

That really got me on my feet with this game but now my games are getting really long and I fairly often hit battle the witch on ball one so will probably take away a the extra ball awards at score levels and might move the outlanes back to the normal position.

#1898 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The angle of the mini PF needs adjustment. Check the mounting screws for tightness or obstrutions, especially if you have removed it to install cliffy protector.
You can also add a washer to the rainbow side stand-offs to angle it better towards the hole.
Also check your left to right (horizontal?) main playfield level.

Thanks. That may be it. I raised the right side a bit because the ball was hitting the cliffy on the plunge. I guess I have to find the right balance between leveling the munchkinland playfield and not having the ball hit that edge too much.

#1899 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

This happens from time to time but shouldn't happen that often. JJP advised me to move around the placement of the USB plugs in the back of the box under the playfield. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps happening at a high frequency.

#1900 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

This happens from time to time but shouldn't happen that often. JJP advised me to move around the placement of the USB plugs in the back of the box under the playfield. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps happening at a high frequency.

I had this happen last night. All lights out and a reboot fixed it...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

There are 15,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.