Topic Stats

• 9,778 posts
  • 530 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by PokerJake
  • Topic is favorited by 238 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,300 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

e2194fc246976c878a48d09c25c1c085854f9d55 (resized).jpg
d9ae237de81c78181304a821c2db96b03677ff83 (resized).jpg
4d9bf62d7feb094734047575bc0327c272f0025b (resized).jpg
17F57B73-77DE-40B2-B3E3-7DE861C2B173 (resized).jpeg
0114202103 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
23DFA0F8-F7D9-42C7-8453-91C8A1D53110 (resized).jpeg
FD7E2A3C-284E-40FF-B7CA-E61EE101FC4D (resized).jpeg
48412A48-5DB3-409D-87E0-6561CAAC4287 (resized).jpeg
5A5C6F21-5817-44DD-AD1E-007D340956E3 (resized).jpeg
B46EE18D-238B-473F-9CCC-5C7024BE0644 (resized).jpeg
F7AAC952-38F1-4E43-A438-332C3312069A (resized).jpeg
54291594-2914-42B3-9F07-0D00BB386FA9 (resized).jpeg
8E504E51-718C-4C02-8AC5-CD6CDFE89043 (resized).jpeg
0241E615-0E07-4B7A-8CA3-CA4B3DE8CD87.jpeg
41FFFEBA-72F4-4B67-8ABE-84B207C59FA1.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9778 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 196.
#1701 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I set mine to three ball and set the special to add a ball as well. I'm curious though, of the people who really enjoy the game, how many plays do you have in so far?
After about a month between the wife and I (and occasional friends) were already close to 1000 plays. I was suprised at a ECLE being sold with under 500 plays that had been passed around to a couple people already. My only thought was maybe they really didn't like it, but then folks were suprissed at how many we racked up on ours to date.
So home game fans of WOZ... How many plays do you have? Am I just obsessed? I still try to play my other pins sometimes but they just don't have the same magic at the moment.

Mine had 17 games when I bought it and 2 of those were mine, checking to make sure everything was good. I've owned mine for about 2 years and it still only has about 300 plays now.

#1702 3 years ago

Just got the mylar kit from JJP sent to me, they also sent those decals for the PF. Just thinking, should I just put down the decal in the state fair balloon area, for extra protection? I plan to own the game 10 years until the kids are off to college. My game is only 2 weeks old, the playfield is perfect. I haven't stuck down the mylar yet, just wondering if I should bother with those 3 additional stickers they sent. One is for the tree pops area, one is for the winkie target and one is for the balloon area, also have the mylar for all those areas too. Any thoughts?

#1703 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

After I started using the P21S, I havent looked at anything else. It puts down the thinnest layer of wax and I love the lack of white dust and that it leaves an incredible shine that lasts.

I have Blitz wax. How does P21S compare to Blitz?

#1704 3 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Just got the mylar kit from JJP sent to me, they also sent those decals for the PF. Just thinking, should I just put down the decal in the state fair balloon area, for extra protection? I plan to own the game 10 years until the kids are off to college. My game is only 2 weeks old, the playfield is perfect. I haven't stuck down the mylar yet, just wondering if I should bother with those 3 additional stickers they sent. One is for the tree pops area, one is for the winkie target and one is for the balloon area, also have the mylar for all those areas too. Any thoughts?

Aren't the decals for people who have the old playfields that showed early signs of wear? I wouldn't think you would want to use them at all unless you actually get wear. I would just use the mylar if it is not already on there.

#1705 3 years ago

Do not use the decals. Those are only to cover existing wear. Only use the Mylar.

#1706 3 years ago

This one...
amazon.com link »
or this one...
amazon.com link »

This one...
amazon.com link »
or this one...
amazon.com link »

I bought both, the blue is a beeswax blend. It goes on much easier and is cheaper, get the combo pak and get the free applicators. It seems to hold up as well as the silver but I probably wax it too often anyway.

The silver is pure carnauba, more expensive, a better more durable finish. Much better suited for pinball use.

So they are both great with the silver being more durable, better for routed games.

#1707 3 years ago

You definitely need the mylar between the trees and the state fair balloon. Wax before putting on mylar or the mylar may pull up paint when it needs to be changed (yes the mylar will need to be changed at some time in the future). Also in front of the winkie drop target you get a lot of bounce.

The free kit JJP hands out is pretty good.

#1708 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I have Blitz wax. How does P21S compare to Blitz?

P21S leaves no white residue or dust.

#1709 3 years ago

Can any owners/fans characterize the call outs for WOZ? Considering buying. Played a lot of games on the WOZ at NWPAS and enjoyed it very much but I was really hard to hear the game there aside from witch cackles. For me, part of the enjoyment in some of my favorites; AFM, MM, MB are the call outs. Thoughts?

#1710 3 years ago

Hello, instead of Mylar, why not install the play field protector? Mine has over a thousand games and is in perfect condition.

#1711 3 years ago
Quoted from Fuego:

Hello, instead of Mylar, why not install the play field protector? Mine has over a thousand games and is in perfect condition.

Clearcoat plays better IMHO....
The poly protectors play differently, slower? Definitely different.
I want my games to play a certain way and am willing to pay for it. But everyone is different...Its pinball....

#1712 3 years ago
Quoted from 1quartershort:

Can any owners/fans characterize the call outs for WOZ? Considering buying. Played a lot of games on the WOZ at NWPAS and enjoyed it very much but I was really hard to hear the game there aside from witch cackles. For me, part of the enjoyment in some of my favorites; AFM, MM, MB are the call outs. Thoughts?

I think the call outs are good. The game has a high level of theme integration. The call outs are certainly not a reason to avoid the machine, far more callouts than say Avengers for example.

#1713 3 years ago
Quoted from 1quartershort:

I also think the call-outs are pretty helpful during the game.
Unlike say the Theatre of Magic where the lady always gives you bad info because she wants another quarter....

#1714 3 years ago

The call outs are also really good about subtley letting you know which mode your entering without looking up at the monitor.

For example with crystal ball (all call outs here are the wicked witch:
"I'll make you as weak as the scarecrow!" With green lights = weak flippers
"Chaos!" With red lights = no hold flippers
"Shoot the blinky light..... If you can (cackle)" with (i forgot which color) = lights on
Cant remember the callout for lights out but would know it if I heard it and i think its light blue.

Hauntd forrest is called by the cowardly lion...
I'll follow you. = shots... Etc, etc.

Glenda calls out munchkin modes...

The mayor? Calls out hurry ups and rainbow targets

It really does a good job of guiding you through while still staying true to the theme.

#1715 3 years ago

More points, less lights! Is the call out for lights out crystal ball mode.

#1716 3 years ago

Just ordered this on amazon...

amazon.com link »

I totally struck out at Menards at Walmart. All the carnuba wax they had contained abrasive cleaners in it, no 100% Carnuba products.

#1717 3 years ago

What color is Flipper Frenzy in the Crystal Ball Mode?

I've never had Flipper Frenzy since the last code update!

#1718 3 years ago

Just ordered this on amazon...
amazon.com link »
I totally struck out at Menards at Walmart. All the carnuba wax they had contained abrasive cleaners in it, no 100% Carnuba products.

Thats the right stuff, I really like it.

#1719 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You have to get through all 4 crystal ball modes (weak flippers = green, no hold flippers = red, lights on = yellow, lights off = dark blue) first, then flipper frenzy is next (light blue).

#1720 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I think it's white and the four lights are in chase mode when it's ready but it's been a while and the last time I hit it I was completely surprised as I didn't realize I had completed all the other modes.

#1721 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You have to get through all 4 crystal ball modes (weak flippers = green, no hold flippers = red, lights on = yellow, lights off = dark blue) first, then flipper frenzy is next (light blue).

Ah....ok... has that changed since early code?

If not, then this is an embarrassing admission of my suck-ti-tude

#1722 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It was like a regular mode and always available in early code. It's better the way it is now.

#1723 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The game is light years ahead of early code. Quite amazing actually.

#1724 3 years ago

Has anyone developed a reliable method of hitting the"b" in ball?

#1725 3 years ago

Can someone explain why the WOZ lightboards can't be fixed on your own? I know how to surface mount solder, what part gets fried on light boards?

#1726 3 years ago

I don't know what dies (haven't had one fail on me) but the main component is the Allegro A6281 which was discontinued in Dec 2014.

#1727 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yes, get the ball into the slings and hope for the best.

In other words, no.

#1728 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yes, get the ball into the slings and hope for the best.
In other words, no.

Right...or wait for Glinda to take care of it.

#1729 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Start aiming for it during multiball works for me.

#1730 3 years ago
Quoted from Troz:

I don't know what dies (haven't had one fail on me) but the main component is the Allegro A6281 which was discontinued in Dec 2014.

What is a replacement/subsitution part?
Does JJP have new boards with current parts in case of failures?

#1731 3 years ago

I might be joining the club soon. Can someone that owns a Ruby Red measure the distance from the floor to the top of the topper for me please? I have a lower ceiling in the basement and want to see if the topper will fit. Thanks!

#1732 3 years ago

I measure about 87.5" for ECLE with a RR topper which should be the same.

#1733 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I might be joining the club soon. Can someone that owns a Ruby Red measure the distance from the floor to the top of the topper for me please? I have a lower ceiling in the basement and want to see if the topper will fit. Thanks!

My topper doesn't fit but the game is awesome anyway.

#1734 3 years ago

Bummer, there's no way that topper will fit. Thanks for measuring!

#1735 3 years ago

So there's no more "might be joining" this club. My RRWOZ is being delivered tomorrow. I have a question about moving it. I'd like to be able to keep it in the box while moving it downstairs for protection. Is it ok to turn the machine onto it's side while moving it down the stairs? I would assume it's ok as long as the machine doesn't go upside down? From my research of the box size, it's 31x30x57.5 and that should be able to fit into my basement.

#1736 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

So there's no more "might be joining" this club. My RRWOZ is being delivered tomorrow. I have a question about moving it. I'd like to be able to keep it in the box while moving it downstairs for protection. Is it ok to turn the machine onto it's side while moving it down the stairs? I would assume it's ok as long as the machine doesn't go upside down? From my research of the box size, it's 31x30x57.5 and that should be able to fit into my basement.

I think you can only truck it from one side if I am not mistaken.

Why dont you take it out and then remove the backbox? Its super easy. I had a basement that I HAD to remove any wide body games' backbox.

#1737 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Only truck it from the side that says "TRUCK THIS SIDE ONLY".

The box is very big, I always have to un-box in order to get them into my front door at 36".

#1738 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

You only want to set it on the side that says "truck this side only" or the bottom/pallet side.

#1739 3 years ago

Congrats!!!

#1740 3 years ago

Thanks for the info guys. I guess we'll see what happens when it arrives. If I have to unbox it in the garage and then shrink wrap it for it's journey into the basement then so be it. So excited!

#1741 3 years ago

I've got WOZ all set up now but man....there are some problems straight out of the box. The "RAINBOW" lights don't seem to be working right. They randomly flash different colors and make it impossible to know what targets to hit during There's No Place Like Home. This usually happens with vibrations from coils firing (see attached video link below). The wizard of oz clear plexiglass doesn't light up at all. The monkey drops the ball about half of the time right after he picks it up. The ball got wedged under the upper castle wall because there was not enough clearance when entering the loop. The diverter is rubbing against the plastic ramp creating a visible scrape mark. The screen went black when I was in the menu and didn't come back on until I reset the game (this was after updating to the most recent code). Oh, and the freaking right flipper button fell off during a game.

I fixed the castle wall by putting a piece of foam under it to prop it up a bit. After updating to the newest code, the monkey hasn't dropped the ball yet. Not sure if that's just a coincidence or not. I'm sure I can bend the diverter so it doesn't rub anymore and I obviously put the flipper button back on but still, for a $9500 game you would think these problems wouldn't occur the first time you play it.

Can anyone tell me what to do about the RAINBOW light and Wizard of Oz light not working?

Absolutely LOVE the game by the way...just a little annoyed with these problems that shouldn't exist with a brand new game.

Thanks!

#1742 3 years ago

Make sure all the light board connectors are seated well. Sometimes in shipping connectors come loose.

#1743 3 years ago

I agree with connectors. I was thinking bad board, but since it sometimes seems to work I'm definitely thinking connectors. Upstream and down.

#1744 3 years ago

Where do the rainbow lights connect to the main board? I've checked the connectors at the light board and they're both plugged in however, the 2-wire plug that's under the "W" has a lot of pressure on it leaning against the ball guide. It's like the rainbow plastic and light board aren't screwed into the correct spot on the munchkin playfield. There's a lot of pressure being put on that plug.

Also just realized the left tree pop bumper doesn't work. I hear it making a noise in test mode though. Gonna check on that tomorrow.

#1745 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Where do the rainbow lights connect to the main board? I've checked the connectors at the light board and they're both plugged in however, the 2-wire plug that's under the "W" has a lot of pressure on it leaning against the ball guide. It's like the rainbow plastic and light board aren't screwed into the correct spot on the munchkin playfield. There's a lot of pressure being put on that plug.
Also just realized the left tree pop bumper doesn't work. I hear it making a noise in test mode though. Gonna check on that tomorrow.

The rainbow board is the last in the string. If you have other lights that are acting up then I doubt the Rainbow connectors are the problem.
See post 4 in this thread where I have made a cheat sheet to follow the LED board connections:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/on-going-led-issues#post-3069284

#1746 3 years ago

Hang in there, Jakers. A lot of us have had issues out of the box. JJP support is great. You'll get your game fully operational soon.

#1747 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Hang in there, Jakers. A lot of us have had issues out of the box. JJP support is great. You'll get your game fully operational soon.

Agree, JJP will take care of you. A couple things to check on once you get your more serious bugs worked out are the witches legs on the house. After shipping I'm sure it will need to be re-calibrated and there are options to do so in the menus. Also I put a small felt pad on the back of the castle back door (where the monkey drops the ball) so that the door sticks out a hair more eliminating any possibility of the monkey catching on it.

Cliffy protectors are great for two reasons:
a) the munchkin land play field really needs it and
b) taking everything apart and re-assembling to do so gives you an opportunity to dial everything in, as well as is a great introduction into the games workings.

#1748 3 years ago

Can someone give me a good pic of why the munchkin cliffy is needed? I hear it's tricky to install, and my game is playing perfectly right now and I really don't want to take it apart.

Also, did I see someone had an easier and cheaper but uglier fix? I might be confusing two topics...

#1749 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Can someone give me a good pic of why the munchkin cliffy is needed? I hear it's tricky to install, and my game is playing perfectly right now and I really don't want to take it apart.
Also, did I see someone had an easier and cheaper but uglier fix? I might be confusing two topics...

Not tricky at all...you just need to be careful when drilling the screw holes. It's pretty easy and definitely needed to avoid chipping your pf edge and art.

#1750 3 years ago

I'll snap a couple tonight. One of a chip that started forming in the weeks before I put it on and another with all the marks from ball impacts against the cliffy since.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
There are 9778 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 196.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside