20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg
IMG_8924 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 306.
#1651 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Planetary Pinball used to carry them... Not sure if they still do or not. Assume they do. They're the same red/sparkly bat minus the RR slipper

I looked at Planetary Pinball and couldn't find them. Could be that they no longer carry them there or I am not looking in the correct place.

#1652 7 years ago

Sorry guys, have to disagree. The ruby red slipper flippers are one of the many truly unique features of the game (especially fitting on the RRWOZ)... gotta love when they click three times before the save-a-ball hurry up. Mine are staying.

#1655 7 years ago

Yup... That's it!

#1656 7 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Sorry guys, have to disagree. The rubber red slipper flippers are one of the many truly unique features of the game (especially fitting on the RRWOZ)... gotta love when they click three times before the save-a-ball hurry up. Mine are staying.

I agree - the slippers are what inspired the "Ruby Red" edition after all.

#1657 7 years ago

Originally the games were shipping with the ruby bats. They were having a few reports of breaking so they replaced them with black.
I am guessing the plastic infused with sparkles caused them to be slightly weaker than a normal bat.

#1658 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Originally the games were shipping with the ruby bats. They were having a few reports of breaking so they replaced them with black.
I am guessing the plastic infused with sparkles caused them to be slightly weaker than a normal bat.

Interesting, maybe I should have ordered two sets then. I guess I'll see how they hold up, hard to see it being worse than my slipper on a black flipper which only lasted a month.

Maybe if the right one breaks too I will epoxy the slippers back together on top of red flippers.

#1659 7 years ago

Mine have held up fine for almost 2 years

#1660 7 years ago

I realized my NES collection is valued right around $9k. Its really tempting to sell off and basically trade this for a WOZ. Its my favorite game and really is a masterpiece.

#1661 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Interesting, maybe I should have ordered two sets then. I guess I'll see how they hold up, hard to see it being worse than my slipper on a black flipper which only lasted a month.
Maybe if the right one breaks too I will epoxy the slippers back together on top of red flippers.

My right one came off within a few days. I super glued it back on, and it broke in half after a week. JJP sent me a new one. They said they had a bad batch of slippers which weren't flush and didn't adhere well. The new one has held up so far. Knock on wood.

Count me in the group that likes the slippers. It was a little hard getting used to, but now I can't imagine the game without them.

#1662 7 years ago

Just an update on my LED #5 board:

First I would like to say JJP responded to my support ticket very quickly. I posted it on the Support Portal Saturday night and before I had time to call them on Tuesday morning (5th), they had already responded.

They are sending me a replacement board, Frank doesn't think that there is anything going on electrically... He did say that they received a small batch of boards that had under spec. LED's. This was from the LED manufacturer, and discovered after the fact. So he thinks it may be that... Hopefully that doesn't mean I'm doomed to keep replacing boards until they have all been swapped.
But as a precaution I think I will put a line conditioner on the pin. I've also going to see if the multimeter I have will store peak values, and monitor the voltage.

#1663 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

My right one came off within a few days. I super glued it back on, and it broke in half after a week. JJP sent me a new one. They said they had a bad batch of slippers which weren't flush and didn't adhere well.

Mine is probably from that batch then, the back side of the slipper looks like it was partially ground down and its clearly not a even or smooth surface. Good to hear that they normally last longer.

I could go either way with the slippers, although they are very much loved by my wife. Going to try the flipper bats from planetary as they were inexpensive enough and I had a couple other things to get. Also have the red rings on the way... Might have to spend a little time trying varying combinations of bat and ring styles.

#1664 7 years ago

I have had the original bats snap in half. I replaced them with the black ones from JJP but did order some ruby reds from PPS to have.

Melted the witch today while playing with my kids, it never gets old.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1665 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I have had the original bats snap in half. I replaced them with the black ones from JJP but did order some ruby reds from PPS to have.
Melted the witch today while playing with my kids, it never gets old.

While playing with your kids? Looks like a one player game to me! LOL!

#1666 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

While playing with your kids? Looks like a one player game to me! LOL!

One was on AFM next to me and the other on Super Soccer. They don't like to play on the same game with me as I apparently take too long.

#1667 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

One was on AFM next to me and the other on Super Soccer. They don't like to play on the same game with me as I apparently take too long.

#1668 7 years ago

Yeah my wife thinks playing pinball together means we each get a machine.

#1669 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I'm guessing we've all heard that one, my wife warns new guests not to play on the same game as me "or you'll never get to play". I'm not really that good and people who care to learn a game or how to play in general will watch but the casual players get bored and bail out.

#1670 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm guessing we've all heard that one, my wife warns new guests not to play on the same game as me "or you'll never get to play". I'm not really that good and people who care to learn a game or how to play in general will watch but the casual players get bored and bail out.

Yup. The other favorite in my home is to start a two or three player game with casual players, and the second the first ball is lost they head off to play another game while they wait for their turn.

Attention spans are short...especially for pinball

#1671 7 years ago

And here is the titan competition red ring on WOZ.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1672 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

And here is the titan competition red ring on WOZ.

That looks great! I may have to do that. Thanks for posting.

#1673 7 years ago

Ok, really strange request here, but can someone try this for me: Start ECMB. While the balls are bouncing around, open the coin door and go into test mode. The game will end and the balls will drain. You can go through the menus for a few seconds. Then, exit test mode and go back into game mode. Look at your "Lock" LED right before the ramp. Is it working?

Don't worry if it isn't. Just turn off the pin, wait 10 seconds, and turn it back on again. It will work again.

I want to know if this is just me.

First one to try and report back gets entered into a drawing to win an all expense paid trip to Kansas! (Expenses not included.)

#1674 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

They don't like to play on the same game with me as I apparently take too long.

I get the same attitude ... so I got another pin for the player that just completes a ball on WOZ. That works out well. Might get the Dongle for Pindemption to make it timed play when we have guests over. They would get to see/play more modes that way too. I've read that a few people have done that and like it. It's on my mods wish list.

#1675 7 years ago

Because I'm a dumbass I reset to factory settings but forgot to take pics of my settings. What are people using for their Munchkin lock times? My game immediatly reverted to unlocking multiple balls. Thanks

#1676 7 years ago

I think the slippers are really cool. Well the concept. Execution is another thing. SOmeone should make molded slipper flippers with red sparkles. Like the molded bone flippers on scared stiff. Oh and silver sparkles if you want to stay true to the book...hahaha.

#1677 7 years ago

I bought the WOZ Munchkinland Chrome Edge Protector from modfather, I also got the full kit of cliffy's and it also came with an edge protector. The Cliffy one has 4 screws and I have to remove the playfield and install it. I'm a little nervous to start putting screws into the Munchkinland playfield. What does everyone think of the Modfather one? It just has some 3m adhesive tape on it, you just stick it on. I thought it might not hold long term? Could that adhesive cause any damage to the clearcoat on the edge?

#1678 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Could that adhesive cause any damage to the clearcoat on the edge.

I wouldn't think so but I'm interested to see what some say who have used it.

#1679 7 years ago

I bought the WOZ Munchkinland Chrome Edge Protector from modfather, I also got the full kit of cliffy's and it also came with an edge protector. The Cliffy one has 4 screws and I have to remove the playfield and install it. I'm a little nervous to start putting screws into the Munchkinland playfield. What does everyone think of the Modfather one? It just has some 3m adhesive tape on it, you just stick it on. I thought it might not hold long term? Could that adhesive cause any damage to the clearcoat on the edge?

Go the cliffy route. It's permanent and easy to install.

#1680 7 years ago

For the cliffy just pre-drill with a small bit then install with a hand screwdriver so you don't accidently overtorque the screws. Snug will do. I pre drilled and secured one at a time.

Tip: Put some blue tape on the bit at the point you want to stop drilling as a guide so you don't accidently drill through the playfield.

The cliffy with drilling only takes a few minutes to install. It took me longer to remove and re-install the mini play-field.

#1681 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ok, really strange request here, but can someone try this for me: Start ECMB. While the balls are bouncing around, open the coin door and go into test mode. The game will end and the balls will drain. You can go through the menus for a few seconds. Then, exit test mode and go back into game mode. Look at your "Lock" LED right before the ramp. Is it working?
Don't worry if it isn't. Just turn off the pin, wait 10 seconds, and turn it back on again. It will work again.
I want to know if this is just me.
First one to try and report back gets entered into a drawing to win an all expense paid trip to Kansas! (Expenses not included.)

Bump for this. I'm really curious if this happens to others. Would someone be able to do me a favor and try this with the glass off? Thanks!

#1682 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Tip: Put some blue tape on the bit at the point you want to stop drilling as a guide so you don't accidently drill through the playfield.

Just wanted to add to this... blue tape was my method in the past...until one terrible moment when the tape slipped and I poked a hole right through a playfield.

I HIGHLY recommend getting a bit cuff that you can secure on the drill bit. No slippage. No pain. No tears.

#1683 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Just wanted to add to this... blue tape was my method in the past...until one terrible moment when the tape slipped and I poked a hole right through a playfield.
I HIGHLY recommend getting a bit cuff that you can secure on the drill bit. No slippage. No pain. No tears.

I use something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Woodworking-Collars-Positioner-Locator-Durable/dp/B0185KC9F0/ref=sr_1_1

#1684 7 years ago

My WOZRR has been super-dependable since I got it but I've had two light board related problems in the last two weeks. First the last working one was just before the upper sling GI - I found one of the wires coming from the previous board had broken off at the connector on the sling GI board. I was going to ask for a new cable assembly but just soldered a piece of solid wire into the connector and then soldered the broken wire to that. Two days latter the last working board is the left sling GI. Discovered cold solder joints on the "out" connector of that board, re-flowed them and all is good again. The oddest thing that happened during this is after I put the PF back down and started a game I noticed the left most pop bumper was not firing - turned out the mechanism was hitting the playfield support bracket in the cabinet. I had to manipulate the playfield a bit to get it to clear that bracket - I've never seen that problem mentioned before and I'm wondering if I have something else screwy somewhere with how the playfield is sitting in the cabinet.

#1685 7 years ago

New Hi score for me with version 6 code.
3 balls outlanes on easiest

20160702_215004_(resized).jpg20160702_215004_(resized).jpg

#1686 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

New Hi score for me with version 6 code.
3 balls outlanes on easiest

Glass on or off?

Man... That's quite an accomplishment

#1687 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Glass on or off?

He did say outlanes closed up, but nice score.

#1688 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Glass on or off?

Glass was on, outlanes on easiest, My wife gets more out of the game that way. Even the castle PF outlane on easiest.

I had a score of 4.5 mil with earlier code, but the bug in the code gave incorrect scores so I reset all my scores when I upgraded to ver. 6

It was a great epic game. I battled the witch twice but didnt melt her this time, and nowhere close to SOTR

#1689 7 years ago

I was wondering what coil power adjustments people here have made. Most of mine are now turned down below defaults (pops, vuks, trough etc) because after testing, they just work fine without that extra power. However the number of airballs I was getting from bad ramp shots was pretty high, and dropping the flippers to 20 last night seems to have really calmed it down. The game does feel a little less snappy to play but the orbit is still solid and you can still hit the ramp parked from either flipper.

It would be really interesting to hear what other people have done, and their table incline. Mine is as close to dead on 6.5 as I could get it. My current settings (some of these from the factory just made no sense at all):

Trough: 8 (came supplied at 16, twice the default!!! this was causing the wood side rail to dent)
Auto launch: 24
Drop Target Reset: 16 (supplied at 20...)
Shaker: medium (not installed)
Left Flipper: 20
Right Flipper: 20
Upper Right Flipper: 20
Castle Flipper: 10 (supplied at 6.... could barely hit the door)
Munchkinland Flipper: 12
Left Tree: 8
Right Tree: 8
Centre Tree: 8
State Fair: 6 (all bumpers are about half the shipped values and still very 'active', this one needed even less though)
Left Sling: 4
Right Sling: 4
Top Lanes Sling: 2 (like this from factory, I think it might need increasing)
Crystal Ball VUK: 13
Throne Room VUK: 12
Winkie Guard VUK: 12
Castle Doors VUK: 20
1-Ball kick: 200
2-Ball kick: 190
3-Ball kick: 170 (had to reduce all three significantly from shipped/default due to multiple ball release)
Diverter hold: 8

#1690 7 years ago
Quoted from system11:

However the number of airballs I was getting from bad ramp shots was pretty high

Posted somewhere here on Pinside people said to unscrew the bottom of the ramp to solve the air balls. I did that just on one side of the ramp, it seemed to allow the bottom ramp metal piece to set just slightly more flat, and now I rarely get any air balls at the ramp. Try that for a few games and see if it helps your game.

#1691 7 years ago

Most of mine are default. I turned the trough up a couple notches because it was having trouble reliably ejecting a ball. I turned the bumpers down a couple notches with pretty much no effect on gameplay.

My slingshots I had turned down because they would sometimes airball out back to the shooter lane or down to the state fair balloon. Unfortunately that caused them to very consistently send balls to the outlanes (to the point where if it hit a slingshot you may as well walk away cuz your done)... So thats back at factory.

I'm thinking about putting a meter on the input power for the game since it seems like sometimes the coils are much more powerful than others, I'm thinking variations in grid power might be impacting it.

#1692 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Most of mine are default. I turned the trough up a couple notches because it was having trouble reliably ejecting a ball. I turned the bumpers down a couple notches with pretty much no effect on gameplay.
My slingshots I had turned down because they would sometimes airball out back to the shooter lane or down to the state fair balloon. Unfortunately that caused them to very consistently send balls to the outlanes (to the point where if it hit a slingshot you may as well walk away cuz your done)... So thats back at factory.
I'm thinking about putting a meter on the input power for the game since it seems like sometimes the coils are much more powerful than others, I'm thinking variations in grid power might be impacting it.

Variations in power affect game play a lot.
I have 4 games on one 20 amp breaker. I have them all set so that they play pretty good when all are turned on at the same time.

If I fire up only one game, like the WOZ or TH they play way too strong and fast.
Other than screw up all my settings, I just turn on all the games and the problem is solved.

Also sometime all the games play super fast and strong, when running at the same time.
This has to do with the available current on my street at any given time.
I have a 200 amp line to my house but I think once in awhile its less than that.

#1693 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Variations in power affect game play a lot.
I have 4 games on one 20 amp breaker. I have them all set so that they play pretty good when all are turned on at the same time.
If I fire up only one game, like the WOZ or TH they play way too strong and fast.
Other than screw up all my settings, I just turn on all the games and the problem is solved.
Also sometime all the games play super fast and strong, when running at the same time.
This has to do with the available current on my street at any given time.
I have a 200 amp line to my house but I think once in awhile its less than that.

I believe WOZ is very sensitive to variations in voltage. My AC seems to have an effect on WOZ while not affecting other pins:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-my-ac-drawing-power-away-from-my-pins

#1694 7 years ago

Intersting... If I ever slow down on playing it pretty much every day (i'm sure edventually)... It might be a game to play primarily in the winter with the whole block isn't running their A/C's.

I have noticed though that when power is low weak flipper crystal ball is MUCH more noticable. Where as sometimes I don't even notice any difference last time they were so weak it was hilarious and had me in tears... Which I think is more the point of that mode.

#1695 7 years ago

Heading to O'Rielly auto to get some automotive wax for my WOZ. Any ideas on which brand/kind to get?

#1696 7 years ago

Make sure its pure canauba.
Must be paste not a liquid.

I use P21S its very good, leaves no white residue.

Should be like beewax and melt like butter, but leave no white residue.

See if you can get some of this, its also hard to beat, from maybe a marine supplier:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JK2D06/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2

In a pinch maybe the mothers gold paste...not the best but it works, leaves white residue but less than others.

#1697 7 years ago

Heading to O'Rielly auto to get some automotive wax for my WOZ. Any ideas on which brand/kind to get?

JJP recommends using a detailing spray called Wizard's Mist-n-shine

#1698 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I got a gallon of the wizards mist and shine off amazon (o'reilly is supposed to carry it here but wont), It works really good for everything. Its like a heavier novus 1. It wears off after a few games, but is really good for a quick touch-up.

After I started using the P21S, I havent looked at anything else. It puts down the thinnest layer of wax and I love the lack of white dust and that it leaves an incredible shine that lasts.

#1699 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I don't know if auto parts stores sell Mist-n-shine but I've found it at motorcycle detail shops and of course on Amazon. Alex of JJP mentioned it for use on WOZ. Best product I've found re: wax is P21S, also recommended by Alex. I use it all WOZ, Stern and B/W pins. A bit pricey, but great product IMHO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 91.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/34?hl=walt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.