Topic Stats

• 9,701 posts
  • 527 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by pinballinreno
  • Topic is favorited by 236 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,296 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0114202103 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
23DFA0F8-F7D9-42C7-8453-91C8A1D53110 (resized).jpeg
FD7E2A3C-284E-40FF-B7CA-E61EE101FC4D (resized).jpeg
48412A48-5DB3-409D-87E0-6561CAAC4287 (resized).jpeg
5A5C6F21-5817-44DD-AD1E-007D340956E3 (resized).jpeg
B46EE18D-238B-473F-9CCC-5C7024BE0644 (resized).jpeg
F7AAC952-38F1-4E43-A438-332C3312069A (resized).jpeg
54291594-2914-42B3-9F07-0D00BB386FA9 (resized).jpeg
8E504E51-718C-4C02-8AC5-CD6CDFE89043 (resized).jpeg
0241E615-0E07-4B7A-8CA3-CA4B3DE8CD87.jpeg
41FFFEBA-72F4-4B67-8ABE-84B207C59FA1.jpeg
3E45001E-B173-486D-8F98-DA99B261538F.jpeg
hallmark_2025 (resized).jpg
4DBCA69C-D905-4480-826D-DC07C7F064F9 (resized).jpeg
0B2E9FB8-C7F4-43DC-BF21-0DA79AADAD48 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9701 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 195.
#1551 3 years ago

well i played with my double door mech a little to see if i could stop my phantom door hits from registering. Didnt do anything major just played with the doors a little and it seemed to work but then i noticed every time the winkie target is down every time i would flip my flippers i was getting points and constantly being told shoot the castle and could hear like a clicking going on. Then i held the ball on my left flipper and it was nonstop shoot the castle yelling at me with tons of clicking sounds. i knew something was wrong and shut the game down immediately. Opened the coin door to smell hot/burnt wires...... i pray to god i didnt burn anything up. Going to have a tech come look at it here in the next few days. Does anyone know what could have cause this to happen?

#1552 3 years ago

Yikes!

Pretty hard to say without looking around but possibly the winkie coil stuck and burnt out just from the description? Maybe blew a transistor out on the driver board although the transistors on the driver board look pretty beefy. Hopefully nothing like a switch somehow getting coil power, but I think that would be fairly unlikely to happen on its own.

As far as what is in that vicinity (winkie), if I remember correctly the target basically has two coils and a switch. The switch is tripped on when the winkie is down. The large coil is used to reset/raise the winkie while the small coil trips the winkie, basically letting the computer drop the target on its own.

It will be interesting to hear the cause.

Burnt coils and driver transistors do happen even for no apparent cause sometimes as well... Just part of the fun of pinball in my book. A transistor shorts out internally holding the coil it drives open until it or the coil or both burn out. Fortunately most games are built to survive such occurances and are made so that such things are typically an easy repair to make even in the field.

#1553 3 years ago

I opened it up and the strongest scent was near the castle play field so we shall see. I just am wondering why it just spammed yelling shoot the castle at me and was giving me points and clicking while i was holding a ball on the flipper. Guess we will see

#1554 3 years ago

There is a switch at the bottom of the winkie. Make sure it's working properly - a protrusion on Winkie should push the long leaf (blade) which activates the switch in the Winkie down position. If this switch is not working the Winkie will just try to reset over and over causing the clicking noise.

#1555 3 years ago

The only other thing I can think of in that area is the VUK that kicks the ball to the upper playfield. You can put your WOZ in test switch mode and activate the switch using a ball, rag, or anything that will block the opto. I believe blocking the hole will result in a green light in the switch test. But Winkie is far more common. It's easy for the Winkie leaf blade to get on the wrong side of the Winkie protrusion

#1556 3 years ago

Playing another WOZ, stock, reminds me of just how much difference a little mod can make. Despite thinking the Winkie light-up drop target was a bit underwhelming at first, I've really grown to think it's the best mod I've done because it gives that target visibility. We played a WOZ at SFGE to show a relative the game and other than the normal expo style issues (like weak flippers from not enough power) it was hard to tell when the target was down. Most of the time I couldn't. I bought a replacement but I really just hope this holds up a good long time.

#1557 3 years ago
Quoted from Vexx_182:

well i played with my double door mech a little to see if i could stop my phantom door hits from registering. Didnt do anything major just played with the doors a little and it seemed to work but then i noticed every time the winkie target is down every time i would flip my flippers i was getting points and constantly being told shoot the castle and could hear like a clicking going on. Then i held the ball on my left flipper and it was nonstop shoot the castle yelling at me with tons of clicking sounds. i knew something was wrong and shut the game down immediately. Opened the coin door to smell hot/burnt wires...... i pray to god i didnt burn anything up. Going to have a tech come look at it here in the next few days. Does anyone know what could have cause this to happen?

#1558 3 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Playing another WOZ, stock, reminds me of just how much difference a little mod can make. Despite thinking the Winkie light-up drop target was a bit underwhelming at first, I've really grown to think it's the best mod I've done because it gives that target visibility. We played a WOZ at SFGE to show a relative the game and other than the normal expo style issues (like weak flippers from not enough power) it was hard to tell when the target was down. Most of the time I couldn't. I bought a replacement but I really just hope this holds up a good long time.

The lit winkie looks great but it is not strong enough. I have had two both broke. I am back to boring black now.

#1559 3 years ago

Does the light still pass through at least some in the gap between the opening and target? Or did you also take out the led?

#1560 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Does the light still pass through at least some in the gap between the opening and target? Or did you also take out the led?

The light does still leak through and does make it a bit more visible than nothing. The mod does look great when it works but the plastic they print with just is not strong enough.

#1561 3 years ago

I have 700 or so plays on machine with most using the lit Winkie I got in late November 2015/early December 2015. Mines held up great. Did they change the design?

#1562 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

The light does still leak through and does make it a bit more visible than nothing. The mod does look great when it works but the plastic they print with just is not strong enough.

'Same with me. 'Broke two and now back to original. You still get a little light around the space between the winkie and the hole but it could be a whole lot brighter. If someone can make a stronger clear winkie I'd for sure go for it.

#1563 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I have 700 or so plays on machine with most using the lit Winkie I got in late November 2015/early December 2015. Mines held up great. Did they change the design?

You are just lucky so far. Don't worry it will break!

#1564 3 years ago

Bobukcat.. Tech get ya back up and running?

Here is my clear winki after about 500 plays... Might not make it to 700

image_(resized).jpeg

#1565 3 years ago

Must have jynxed myself... Game 502... Death of the winki. Guess its back to original

image_(resized).jpeg

#1566 3 years ago

That sucks. I've stopped playing my game completely now for fear I might break my Winkie.

#1567 3 years ago

I bought a spare in advance but it would be nice if clear drops were available using molds instead of 3D printing. Even the CNC cut drops might work better.

#1568 3 years ago

Isn't Indypinhead working on a lighted drop target?

#1569 3 years ago

I'm thinking about getting a new shooter rod for my Ruby Red WOZ. I have a chrome housing and a black knob that came with it. Has anyone installed the Modfather rods? What do you think? I like the ones for the RR WOZ, but some of the other ones with the swirls are cool too. Has anyone experimented with other rods? Also, is there any other vendor who sells rods like that?

#1570 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I'm thinking about getting a new shooter rod for my Ruby Red WOZ. I have a chrome housing and a black knob that came with it. Has anyone installed the Modfather rods? What do you think? I like the ones for the RR WOZ, but some of the other ones with the swirls are cool too. Has anyone experimented with other rods? Also, is there any other vendor who sells rods like that?

Yes all his mods are awesome and he is a great guy also to boot! Got a bunch of his mods and Shooter rod on my WOZECLE!! Don't hesitate to ask him questions.

#1571 3 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Yes all his mods are awesome and he is a great guy also to boot! Got a bunch of his mods and Shooter rod on my WOZECLE!! Don't hesitate to ask him questions.

Cool. Did you get the larger knob on the rod or the smaller one?

#1572 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Isn't Indypinhead working on a lighted drop target?

Yes, I have drop targets machined out of polycarbonate.

#1573 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Cool. Did you get the larger knob on the rod or the smaller one?

Larger!!

image_(resized).jpeg

#1574 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Do you have a photo? They are available now?

Thanks Jim

#1575 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Can you sell them as an option without the light assembly? Most of us with WOZ already have a light installed.

#1576 3 years ago

That looks great! Larger may be the way to go for me.

#1577 3 years ago

I squeezed in a game this morning before starting the day... Had the funniest thing happen. I qualified the castle/monkey lock and the started multiball. During multiball, 3 balls ended up at the monkey magnet at the same time. The monkey caught one and the other two stuck to that ball. The monkey ended up hauling a chain of 3 balls up to the castle.

One ball locked and the other two dropped to the playfield.

#1578 3 years ago

I hate it when my Monkey Balls drop.......lol

#1579 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I hate it when my Monkey Balls drop.......lol

#1580 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Can you sell them as an option without the light assembly? Most of us with WOZ already have a light installed.

Yes

#1582 3 years ago

Does anybody have a witches bird cage mod for sale? I got a used witches well but it had cracks and was unfixable and after seeing it decided i dont want to use one. Im going to buy backalleys castle walls and would like to find a bird cage since he doesnt make a witch mod. So if you got one and want to sell it PM me please. Thanks!

#1583 3 years ago

Hi everyone. I just installed a Pinballbulbs illumination kit. I love the way it helps the lighting, but the fact that it's always on is kind of a disappointment. Any thoughts on others who have it installed?

#1584 3 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Hi everyone. I just installed a Pinballbulbs illumination kit. I love the way it helps the lighting, but the fact that it's always on is kind of a disappointment. Any thoughts on others who have it installed?

That's the reason I avoided it.

Isn't there a way to increase lighting brightness in the settings? I can't remember.

#1585 3 years ago

Yeah, that would be a bummer, especially during a lights out mode. Already I wish more lights would go out but with an additional lighting kit in there, it probably would be even less of an effect. Especially fun is playing lights out in a low lit room and then hitting free game... it's like OMG I'm Blind! I'm Blind! lol.

I have the Winki light which I think addresses my number one lighting issue (but I need a new clear winki)... The only other play field area I think could maybe use a tiny bit more light (and not much) is the haunted forrest. But then again... it's supposed to be dark and spooky right? I think maybe a little focused upward light on the trees might make it pop a bit more while adding a bit of a spooky effect? Don't know.

One way to think of lighting the play field is like a stage. While you can go crazy and completely blow it out, it's often more effective to leave some area's unlit. Shadow is equally important, if not more. For example, with WOZ, you may notice that while up on the Rescue play field, the lower play field in a way forms a shadowed area by switching everything to a dim sepia thus subconsciously drawing your eye up to the area where the action is occuring.

#1586 3 years ago

Get a tuffer clear Winkie from indypinhead - see WOZ target thread.

#1587 3 years ago

Does mezel still make the winki?

#1588 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Does mezel still make the winki?

I'm not sure if he still makes them.

If not, I have a lit drop target mod for WOZ that I just started selling.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lit-drop-target-for-woz

#1589 3 years ago

Anyone else's ball get stuck inside the castle doors to the right of the saucer hole? Is there a fix?

#1590 3 years ago

Hi, I'm picking up a WOZ ECLE soon. I've asked this in other threads but haven't received an answer. What are the differences between a Standard WOZ, RR WOZ or a ECLE WOZ? Just a wood apron and a numbered plaque? Thanks in advance for your input

#1591 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Hi, I'm picking up a WOZ ECLE soon. I've asked this in other threads but haven't received an answer. What are the differences between a Standard WOZ, RR WOZ or a ECLE WOZ? Just a wood apron and a numbered plaque? Thanks in advance for your input

The RR has the toto toy, tornado toy and molded castle walls. All the other versions don't have those I believe. Also, I could have swore I read somewhere that the ECLE models had a slightly smaller screen that was vga. 1 inch smaller screen? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. A lot of people say the RR has the best looking topper. Also the ECLE had direct print cab vs decals on newer ones.

#1592 3 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

The RR has the toto toy, tornado toy and molded castle walls. All the other versions don't have those I believe. Also, I could have swore I read somewhere that the ECLE models had a slightly smaller screen that was vga. 1 inch smaller screen? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. A lot of people say the RR has the best looking topper. Also the ECLE had direct print cab vs decals on newer ones.

Thank you so much!

#1593 3 years ago

The RR has the lollipop targets too which you can also add after the fact to non RR.

#1594 3 years ago

The rr also came with the printed manual...not a game changer, but handy when you need to troubleshoot something

#1595 3 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

The rr also came with the printed manual...not a game changer, but handy when you need to troubleshoot something

It is a beautiful manual. A really nice bonus.

#1596 3 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:The RR has the toto toy, tornado toy and molded castle walls. All the other versions don't have those I believe. Also, I could have swore I read somewhere that the ECLE models had a slightly smaller screen that was vga. 1 inch smaller screen? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. A lot of people say the RR has the best looking topper. Also the ECLE had direct print cab vs decals on newer ones.

Wrong on the screen size...and even if true, the backglass opening would kill any benefit the screen size would have brought. Early, early WOZ machines used the VGA port and maybe had slightly less resolution(?). But that is less than 20% of them I'd say. They switched to DVI pretty early I believe. Color is an obvious difference too. I personally don't like the red at all. Wood apron on ECLE only. Castle walls, tornado, toto, lollipop targets on RR only. Toppers different. Think they both have shakers. Screen borders/HUD are red on RR, green on ECLE.

It comes down to personal preferences.

#1597 3 years ago

Just to note, you can buy the RR molded add-one from back alley creations. I did, and they are super!

#1598 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Just to note, you can buy the RR molded add-one from back alley creations. I did, and they are super!

True, you can buy all those add-ons that the RR has...

#1599 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

True, you can buy all those add-ons that the RR has...

Technically, you could make a standard look just like a RR minus the backglass and apron... I think those are the only parts that would be hard to come by.

I'm fairly sure JJP sells the topper... And Matt sells the molded parts....powder coating is easy.

The castle walls and tornado pieces he makes are A+ build quality. Big improvement over the shipped castle plastics.

#1600 3 years ago

One thing to note: the early produced RR did not come with the printed manual and the Invisiglass. They added that later when they raised the price with 500 dollars. So if buying HUO keep that in mind or ask.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.99
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 9701 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 195.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside