20240617_133059_resize (resized).jpg
20240617_132912_resize (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240618_125832_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
20240618_124821 (resized).jpg
20240618_124930 (resized).jpg
jumpstart (resized).jpg
photo 2 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,459 posts in this topic. You are on page 309 of 310.
#15401 50 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ask me how I know.

hahaha lol! … and thanks for the tip Nokoro . Everything happens for a reason, after that screw I decided to wax the playfield (I had that pending to do)…. Finished at 3:30am, played another game and had a blast!
I’m grateful to have this title a lot!

Cheers

#15402 49 days ago

See the above post got me thinking about something.

As anyone bought the castle doors mod from the ModCouple for their WOZ pins? The pictures look pretty good and I like the look, but I heard the company hasn't gotten slow and doesn't ship that fast any more.

I ordered from the ModCouple awhile back and got a TON of their mods for The Munsters pin and I like their quality, but I don't know if they're still in business or not.

#15403 48 days ago
Quoted from Indypin:

See the above post got me thinking about something.
As anyone bought the castle doors mod from the ModCouple for their WOZ pins? The pictures look pretty good and I like the look, but I heard the company hasn't gotten slow and doesn't ship that fast any more.
I ordered from the ModCouple awhile back and got a TON of their mods for The Munsters pin and I like their quality, but I don't know if they're still in business or not.

It’s been a few years, but I bought them and installed them, I like them , the look great, function as they’re supposed to

#15404 48 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

It’s been a few years, but I bought them and installed them, I like them , the look great, function as they’re supposed to

Thank you sir

#15405 47 days ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Help me decide. I’ve been looking for a WOZ for a while and two popped up near me.
-Standard with 2.O lights upgrade, witch mod 1.0, monkey mod, shaker, and cliffys installed. Several other mods too (crystal ball, balloon).1200 plays and looks great.
-Ruby Red, less than 100 plays, 7.5 light boards, no mods.
Approximately the same price- standard $300 less than RR. Hopefully not reselling anytime soon after I buy it, but want it to hold its value nonetheless. Thoughts?

Joined the club! It was impossible to decide between my two options, but then an ECLE popped up at a lower price with all the mods and it was an instant buy for me.
So excited to have this beast all moved in.

#15406 46 days ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Joined the club! It was impossible to decide between my two options, but then an ECLE popped up at a lower price with all the mods and it was an instant buy for me.
So excited to have this beast all moved in.

Nice! See, being patient pays off.. hope to be in the same position as you.

The wife demands I also get ECLE over Ruby Red…. Those have not popped up as often as RR editions.

And,.. you got the mods you were after too.

#15407 46 days ago

Would someone who owns the earlier games produced (games manufactured before Oct 1, 2013) please PM me? I was hoping to get some measurements and pictures from your game. Ideally, if you have a micrometer, even better.

#15408 44 days ago

I know Jack loved this title, I miss my 75th, And chance JJP produces another version of this game with hot rails. Could be epic in a standard body

#15409 44 days ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I know Jack loved this title, I miss my 75th, And chance JJP produces another version of this game with hot rails. Could be epic in a standard body

Maybe a Zizzle version !

1 week later
#15410 37 days ago

Turned on my WOZECLE the other day... well I pressed the rocker switch anyway. NOTHING! Seems to be completely dead. It was playing just fine for years up until that moment. Haven't had a chance to contact customer support during business hours the past few days, but will reach out to them Monday. In the meantime, any ideas on what to check? (yes it's plugged in to a hot outlet)

#15411 37 days ago
Quoted from Magicman:

any ideas on what to check?

Jump start it.

LTG : )

#15412 37 days ago
Quoted from Magicman:

Not al WOZ's have it. Check the top of the metal box with all the boards in it on the floor of the game. If yours has a label that says "reset switch inside", take the top off the metal box and dig around to find it, it would go to two pins on the motherboard. Turn the game on and push it.

Or see two pictures. Turn game on and briefly short those two pins together with a small screwdriver or something.

jumpstart (resized).jpgjumpstart (resized).jpgphoto 2 (resized).JPGphoto 2 (resized).JPG
#15413 37 days ago
Quoted from Magicman:

Haven't had a chance to contact customer support during business hours the past few days, but will reach out to them Monday.

Remember when they had help after business hours ?

#15414 37 days ago
Quoted from Magicman:

Plug something into the service outlet, to be sure you have power that far. Power cord could be loose in rear of the game.

#15415 36 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Jump start it.

Lloyd, thanks for the support and video link on this issue. My game actually has the reset switch. I tried resetting the game with the power switch on but that did nothing. I did not jump start it, since I believe that would be the same as using the reset switch - yes? According to the video, if this is a CPU protection issue I should still see some diagnostic LEDs illuminated on some of the boards, and I do not.

Quoted from LTG:

Remember when they had help after business hours ?

I remember that JJP hired you to help with customer support for a while. Are you still working for them or just being your usual helpful self?

Quoted from LTG:

Plug something into the service outlet, to be sure you have power that far. Power cord could be loose in rear of the game.

There is power at the service outlet. Used a tester to check this and it tested "normal".

I left a voice message with JJP tech support, and also completed a support ticket. My WOZ has the power supply at the rear of the cabinet. It looks like a metal box. I seem to recall that it failed once before, and JJP replaced it under warranty. I suspect that is the problem now. Hope those are available and not too expensive.

#15416 36 days ago
Quoted from Magicman:

I did not jump start it, since I believe that would be the same as using the reset switch - yes?

Yes, jump start won't do anything.

Quoted from Magicman:

My WOZ has the power supply at the rear of the cabinet. It looks like a metal box. I seem to recall that it failed once before,

Probably died. You could take a meter and check it's outputs to be sure.

Quoted from Magicman:

Are you still working for them

No.

Quoted from Magicman:

just being your usual helpful self?

This.

#15417 36 days ago

If electrical chord is indeed well seated into to machine back plug and also in actively working outlet then are any LEDs on? Meaning red ones on the boards such as the I/O board? Sometimes come on even with no display, lights, or machine otherwise seeming dead.

#15418 36 days ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

If electrical chord is indeed well seated into to machine back plug and also in actively working outlet then are any LEDs on? Meaning red ones on the boards such as the I/O board? Sometimes come on even with no display, lights, or machine otherwise seeming dead.

Oh sorry appears you answered that before I got my text sent. I wish you well and sorry I don't know anything else to suggest currently.

#15419 36 days ago

Just added Goevia’s witch mod on my pin and WOW what a difference maker. The red plastic smoke really lights up the area and the LED lights flares up and makes it look like you defeated the witch and put her in a pillar of smoke and fire. Really enhances the area sooo much better.

Now my WOZ is complete with Steve’s 3.0 witch and flying monkey. I swear that man’s mods make the WOZ pin oh so much better.

Thanks again Steve. You outdid yourself again!

Now if you excuse me boys I have to talk with a certain witch and give her an attitude adjustment!

#15420 33 days ago

Lil help please, manual isn't clear on early games so I am asking group. MFG date is 10/19/2013
Do I connect the wire bundle to J10? Seems like I should, when I look inside metal box, it needs power to MPU board. Manual says connector not needed.

20240618_124821 (resized).jpg20240618_124821 (resized).jpg20240618_124930 (resized).jpg20240618_124930 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240618_125832_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240618_125832_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
#15421 33 days ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Lil help please, manual isn't clear on early games so I am asking group. MFG date is 10/19/2013
Do I connect the wire bundle to J10? Seems like I should, when I look inside metal box, it needs power to MPU board. Manual says connector not needed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are you trying to bring this beast to life or is this WOZ working fine even with the connector waving in the breeze?

#15422 33 days ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Are you trying to bring this beast to life or is this WOZ working fine even with the connector waving in the breeze?

Back to life, got it for a steal and all cables were just laying in cabinet disconnected.

#15423 33 days ago

After taking a closer look I think my machine is too different to be of much help.

#15424 33 days ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

There doesnt seem to be anywhere else to plug it in.

If it traces back to the power supply, and the other side in the box goes to mainboard power, then you are right, its a 20 pin atx power connector.

#15425 33 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

There doesnt seem to be anywhere else to plug it in.
If it traces back to the power supply, and the other side in the box goes to mainboard power, then you are right, its a 20 pin atx power connector.

@pinballreno, I have 5 plugs on the back side of that box, and it is the very bottom plug(J10), so I am naturally like yeah this has to plug in, but that darn manual. Ugh.

#15426 33 days ago
Quoted from Magicman:

Turned on my WOZECLE the other day... well I pressed the rocker switch anyway. NOTHING! Seems to be completely dead. It was playing just fine for years up until that moment. Haven't had a chance to contact customer support during business hours the past few days, but will reach out to them Monday. In the meantime, any ideas on what to check? (yes it's plugged in to a hot outlet)

Update: I spoke with a couple of guys with JJP tech support Monday and Tuesday. Steve suggested that I unplug the game from power and take the cover off of the service outlet to inspect it for any signs of arcing. I did that and he nailed it. Big burn mark on the metal cover. Also, the varistor on the fuse holder was toast and one of the wires which should have been connected to the fuse holder was completely off the lug and crunchy toasty at the end. I'm still not sure why this happened, since none of my other games seem to have damage. Could have been a current surge or could have had a wire come unsoldered and ground out. Anyway, I'm working with the guys at tech support to either replace the whole assembly or perhaps just the affected parts. Weirdest thing is that the fuse didn't even blow. Hopefully the varistor protected the game from any further damage, but I really won't know until the known damaged parts have been replaced.

20240617_132912_resize (resized).jpg20240617_132912_resize (resized).jpg20240617_133003_resize (resized).jpg20240617_133003_resize (resized).jpg20240617_133059_resize (resized).jpg20240617_133059_resize (resized).jpg
1 week later
#15427 24 days ago
Quoted from Magicman:

Update: I spoke with a couple of guys with JJP tech support Monday and Tuesday. Steve suggested that I unplug the game from power and take the cover off of the service outlet to inspect it for any signs of arcing. I did that and he nailed it. Big burn mark on the metal cover. Also, the varistor on the fuse holder was toast and one of the wires which should have been connected to the fuse holder was completely off the lug and crunchy toasty at the end. I'm still not sure why this happened, since none of my other games seem to have damage. Could have been a current surge or could have had a wire come unsoldered and ground out. Anyway, I'm working with the guys at tech support to either replace the whole assembly or perhaps just the affected parts. Weirdest thing is that the fuse didn't even blow. Hopefully the varistor protected the game from any further damage, but I really won't know until the known damaged parts have been replaced.

Fascinating. That Varistor (MOV) did its job. They short any voltage over a certain threshold. Usually, those over voltages are just sporadic voltage spikes, sometimes from a motor like a vacuum cleaner, fridge or AC / heat pump. Each time a varistor takes a hit and shorts, it is damaged.

Over time, they become useless. From inspection, it is impossible to tell a working one from a blown one, unless it was from a catastrophic shot like happened in yours.

It could be the reason that none of your other pins exhibited the same issue is that all of those varistors are already bad?

On an overseas trip, I once plugged a 120V AC strip plug into a 240V AC outlet by using an adapter. That way, I could plug in several 100V - 240V AC chargers in at the same time for phones, tablets, watches, etc. It always worked before. This time, I used a different strip. There was no indication on it that it had surge protection.
It did.
My hookup worked for about half a second. Then the entire power strip blew up and lifted off the counter like a flaming rocket. It blew out the main breaker in the room and they could not reset it. We had to move to a new room.

The hotel staff was very nice. My wife was pissed. She had been in the shower and was unpacked.

#15428 23 days ago

I picked up a ruby red in excellent condition. The build date says September 2019. I had no idea they made them that late.

#15429 19 days ago

Castle doors not opening and have read thread MANY times. In test is the double doors latch supposed to activate at the same time you test each door to open? Both motors ARE activating but the doors are hitting latch in test. I've raised the height slightly on left door in hopes that it clears latch better. Not sure what else to check. Also what precipitated this was fuse F710 blew.

#15430 19 days ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Not sure what else to check.

If latch on relay isn't bent causing the doors to not open. Assuming their motors are good.

#15431 19 days ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Castle doors not opening and have read thread MANY times. In test is the double doors latch supposed to activate at the same time you test each door to open? Both motors ARE activating but the doors are hitting latch in test. I've raised the height slightly on left door in hopes that it clears latch better. Not sure what else to check. Also what precipitated this was fuse F710 blew.

Something in this thread might help:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-castle-doors-not-closing-fully

#15432 19 days ago

Indeed there's a ton written up about these doors, what a cluster F! Read them all multiple times. Reached out to JJP, might just change out 1 if not both of the door motors b/c one of the lugs is pretty wobbly. Also bent tab up or closer to door latch coil to increase clearance.

17199606600093016973255237475960 (resized).jpg17199606600093016973255237475960 (resized).jpg
#15433 19 days ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Indeed there's a ton written up about these doors, what a cluster F! Read them all multiple times. Reached out to JJP, might just change out 1 if not both of the door motors b/c one of the lugs is pretty wobbly. Also bent tab up or closer to door latch coil to increase clearance.
[quoted image]

I have never pulled out my castle playfield and NOT replaced the motors...

My game is functioning PERFECTLY, after replacing 6 motors, multiple door posts etc....

One thing that may apply to your problem is a very weak Coil #51, the latch coil.

Installing the herculEASE new capacitors seems to have firmed it up a lot.

#15434 19 days ago

My game is functioning PERFECTLY, after replacing 6 motors, multiple door posts etc....
One thing that may apply to your problem is a very weak Coil #51, the latch coil.

What??? I have never changed them and have pulled my castle out so many times. That is a bummer @pinballreno

#15435 19 days ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

What??? I have never changed them and have pulled my castle out so many times. That is a bummer @pinballreno

Yeah, but it takes what it takes sometimes to get it all perfect again.

#15436 19 days ago

Yeah, but it takes what it takes sometimes to get it all perfect again.

I just jinxed myself anf you are corrrect. I have been lucky with this game. Now with some of my others.....#$%@ lol

#15437 19 days ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I just jinxed myself anf you are corrrect. I have been lucky with this game. Now with some of my others.....#$%@ lol

The motors were always destined to fail.

You cant just STALL the motors at their end points and hope for the best.

They never figured out a way to stop the motor without adding a coil latch to keep the doors open.

And if they did the mech would probably be sluggish...

So, stalling the motors and keep replacing them if you want it to work right.

They did a LOT on the mech in the YBR edition. Its a totally reworked unit.

#15438 19 days ago

Currently running herculEASE, and I did consider Coil #51.

#15439 18 days ago

We embarked on a very long journey to not only pick up a spare vehicle but a WOZ Ruby Red as well.

4 days later and a few blocks from my house someone with a suspended license decides to plow into my Mustang.

I had my 4 year old stepson in the back seat, he's perfectly fine. My back is murdering me, but hey: any accident you can somewhat walk away from is a good one.

Weird how life can play out. Now my backup vehicle is my primary. Gotta wait until Monday to see what the repair estimate will be.

Hopefully I'll be able to fully enjoy this game once I'm able to stand upright long enough.

Drive safe out there and wear your seatbelts.

ImportedPhoto.741788719.235203 (resized).jpegImportedPhoto.741788719.235203 (resized).jpegImportedPhoto.741788719.236523 (1) (resized).jpegImportedPhoto.741788719.236523 (1) (resized).jpegImportedPhoto.741788719.237318 (resized).jpegImportedPhoto.741788719.237318 (resized).jpegImportedPhoto.741788719.241224 (resized).jpegImportedPhoto.741788719.241224 (resized).jpeg
#15440 18 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

We embarked on a very long journey to not only pick up a spare vehicle but a WOZ Ruby Red as well.
4 days later and a few blocks from my house someone with a suspended license decides to plow into my Mustang.
I had my 4 year old stepson in the back seat, he's perfectly fine. My back is murdering me, but hey: any accident you can somewhat walk away from is a good one.
Weird how life can play out. Now my backup vehicle is my primary. Gotta wait until Monday to see what the repair estimate will be.
Hopefully I'll be able to fully enjoy this game once I'm able to stand upright long enough.
Drive safe out there and wear your seatbelts. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry to read this, glad everyone is okay.

A car accident when I was a very young man changed my life, so I am glad this vehicle saved lives. Rest and heal up and then enjoy life and pinball and make memories with family.

#15441 17 days ago

I want to give a shout-out to LTG and JJP support for being immensely helpful in getting my magnets and monkey working on my WOZ RR.

I always joke with people "When in doubt, check your fuses". I should heed my own advice.

Also, thank GOD for back braces. Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th!

#15442 17 days ago

What's everyone's trick to hitting the winged monkey targets? My plunge and orbit shot never hit the pop bumpers, and it's a real tight shot to get the ball in there...

#15443 17 days ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

What's everyone's trick to hitting the winged monkey targets? My plunge and orbit shot never hit the pop bumpers, and it's a real tight shot to get the ball in there...

I usually glance off and hit it no problems with a proper shot to the target to the left or a proper shot into the pops. I just got the game so I'm by far an expert.

#15444 16 days ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Where does your plunge and orbit shot go? It should be hitting the pops.

#15445 16 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Where does your plunge and orbit shot go? It should be hitting the pops.

Both go straight through the middle between the lower pop and the right pop. So they are supposed to actually hit the pops? Even when I weak plunge, I can barely get it to hit the pops.

#15446 16 days ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Both go straight through the middle between the lower pop and the right pop. So they are supposed to actually hit the pops? Even when I weak plunge, I can barely get it to hit the pops.

Maybe bend the orbit ball guide just slightly so that the ball hits the pops.

Or, better yet, check your right left pitch. It may be off. You can also try raising the back right leg leveler a little.

#15447 16 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Maybe bend the orbit ball guide just slightly so that the ball hits the pops.
Or, better yet, check your right left pitch. It may be off. You can also try raising the back right leg leveler a little.

Thanks for the suggestions!

1 week later
#15448 6 days ago

Just replaced gi board 26 with replacement from jjp. Works lights up and works fine but the red and green colors are switched in the led test mode as well as gameplay. Any ideas?

#15449 6 days ago
IMG_2399 (resized).jpegIMG_2399 (resized).jpegIMG_2400 (resized).jpegIMG_2400 (resized).jpeg
#15450 6 days ago

If you by passed #26 and turned it off. When you put in the new #26, did you turn it back on ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
11,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
$ 91.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,000 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

There are 15,459 posts in this topic. You are on page 309 of 310.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.