767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 306.
#1451 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

That may be. Though, you would think it would be "Total 17,000" instead of "Munchkin Multiplier 1.5x 17,000".
And, Dorothy's Diapers isn't being implemented until 7.0 code.

I definitely agree, though - regardless of the reasoning, it should be simpler and more obvious what it is.

#1452 7 years ago

Quick question from a soon to be buyer. Does the game have ball saver? I have a 6yr old that loves playing but isnt a good player yet. I read the game didnt have ball saver but not sure if they coded it in yet. Thanks!

#1453 7 years ago

Yes it does. Belive it can be set for 30 seconds. Been in the game from the beginning.

#1454 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Quick question from a soon to be buyer. Does the game have ball saver? I have a 6yr old that loves playing but isnt a good player yet. I read the game didnt have ball saver but not sure if they coded it in yet. Thanks!

Yes, but you have to set it. I believe the default is no saver.

#1455 7 years ago

Anyone else had a crystal ball issue? I was wondering if it needs to be replaced or what..... (ive emailed frank at JJP per LTG but no response yet).
I was getting intermittent static (as shown below), now nothing. I have Pm'd LTG and he said to re-seat the cables and sd card but if anything its gotten worse; now i get nothing. The crystal ball shows nothing.
Crystal_Ball_prob_(resized).jpgCrystal_Ball_prob_(resized).jpg
Added over 8 years ago: Edit : spoke with Frank and he said to check pins 1 and 7 and look for 5v. If there is 5v then the display needs to be replaced at a cost of $59 and the SD card is $15. If no 5v the the problem is on the driver board. I'll update on my progress later.

Added over 8 years ago: OK, on J203 pins 1 and 7 should have 5v.... on mine i have 4.999v (thanks Fluke for making an awesome multimeter!) So it looks like im replacing the mini screen. Well its better than replacing that driver board i guess.

#1456 7 years ago

If re-seating the cable (both ends) and SD card. Loosen the cable from the wire looms and ties to see if its a crimped, bent or broken wire.
If that doesnt do anything, get a replacement ball assembly.

I had similar issues after about a month of play, including weird reversed images in the ball.

The replacement ball fixed everything and has not even flickered with 1500 plays on it.

#1457 7 years ago

Yup, i had the reversed image problem just before this...... Guess that means im replacing it. Ill post an update when i figure this out.

Thank you!

#1458 7 years ago

I had the static for a while. Update seems to have fixed it. I swear I don't seem to see as much on the ball as before, but I never see static. You might hurry. I was told recently that the warranty on these is only three months! I was surprised, and was told "yeah, that surprises a lot of people."

#1459 7 years ago

This is quite a large thread and i know that the instructions im looking for are in here somewhere but i think just asking will be easier. I just recently picked up a WOZ ECLE and i know its not running the current 6.06 version of the software. Iv seen a video on doing the delta update but it looks like a full version install is what its going to take now to get my version up to date. Can anyone PM me a list of instructions or a good video showing full steps on how to set up the usb stick etc to download the full new 6.06 software. I dont want to make any mistakes and have something go wrong with the install because i missed a simple step somewhere. Thanks for your time.

#1460 7 years ago
Quoted from Vexx_182:

Can anyone PM me a list of instructions or a good video showing full steps on how to set up the usb stick etc to download the full new 6.06 software. I dont want to make any mistakes and have something go wrong with the install because i missed a simple step somewhere. Thanks for your time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-v505-now-available#post-2744055

http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com:8081/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/wa/FaqActions/view?faqId=9

#1461 7 years ago
Quoted from Vexx_182:

This is quite a large thread and i know that the instructions im looking for are in here somewhere but i think just asking will be easier. I just recently picked up a WOZ ECLE and i know its not running the current 6.06 version of the software. Iv seen a video on doing the delta update but it looks like a full version install is what its going to take now to get my version up to date. Can anyone PM me a list of instructions or a good video showing full steps on how to set up the usb stick etc to download the full new 6.06 software. I dont want to make any mistakes and have something go wrong with the install because i missed a simple step somewhere. Thanks for your time.

You can also go to E-6 in the manual
http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com/downloads/woz/Wizard_of_Oz_Manual_3_0_June_2014.pdf

#1462 7 years ago
Quoted from Vexx_182:

Can anyone PM me a list of instructions

On page 29 (one page back) of this thread pinballreno listed out the steps to upgrade to 6.06. I just asked as well and his instructions worked like a charm.

#1463 7 years ago

I have to hand it to Keith. The way he programmed the outlanes to grow 10 times in size every time I make it to the witch battle is sheer genius.

#1464 7 years ago

OK, im gonna go this route since im thinking about making a crystal ball mod anyways.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/4D-Systems/uOLED-96-G2/?qs=72ObqG5T4UYobDDQ80ITTQ%3D%3D

This is the exact part, but since i have to replace it anyways, i might as well experiment with it. How cool would it be to have the crystal ball turn on by itself at random times? Like a real magical crystal ball, it would be to catch your attention.... sorta a "come and play with me" type of thing?

#1465 7 years ago

Got 6.06 installed and working great! I know its probly just me but man rescue multiball seems a lot harder to get in the new software lol.

#1466 7 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

OK, im gonna go this route since im thinking about making a crystal ball mod anyways.
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/4D-Systems/uOLED-96-G2/?qs=72ObqG5T4UYobDDQ80ITTQ%3D%3D
This is the exact part, but since i have to replace it anyways, i might as well experiment with it. How cool would it be to have the crystal ball turn on by itself at random times? Like a real magical crystal ball, it would be to catch your attention.... sorta a "come and play with me" type of thing?

Some kind of topper would be very cool.

#1467 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Some kind of topper would be very cool.

Like some sort of giant crystal ball topper?

#1468 7 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Like some sort of giant crystal ball topper?

That would be way cool or a projector for the wall behind.

#1469 7 years ago

Quick question about updating code. When i use the unetbootin program after its done moving iso file onto the flash drive and finishing up i get a message saying theres duplicate files and i press yes to all. Is this normal ? Game will be here this week and i dont want to mess it up.

20160523_132041_(resized).jpg20160523_132041_(resized).jpg

#1470 7 years ago

click yes to all, its ok, just a little bug in the way it was packed

#1471 7 years ago

click yes to all, its ok, just a little bug in the way it was packed

Can confirm, it wasnt packaged properly. (youll also notice some errors during the update on the machine itself, dont sweat it).

Just click yes to all and you are good.

#1472 7 years ago

That would be way cool or a projector for the wall behind.

Hummm..... they do make a 1.7inch version of the OLED panel that should work just fine with this. I wonder if i can find a larger acrylic ball to go with it.......

#1473 7 years ago

Anyone know about restoring the settings after upgrade? Id like to keep the new factory defaults but just restore the audits. Should I just remove everything but the audits from the backup file?

#1474 7 years ago

Tracking our WOZ as it slowly makes its way across the US. Hopefully will arrive before the weekend otherwise it will be a loooong weekend lol. I have been keeping myself occupied by working on a couple of my project pins that I need to get out of the way.

Any reccomentations for items to check before first power up?

#1475 7 years ago

Tough time on the witch hurry up, I'm going to set 2 and 2.

#1476 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Tracking our WOZ as it slowly makes its way across the US. Hopefully will arrive before the weekend otherwise it will be a loooong weekend lol. I have been keeping myself occupied by working on a couple of my project pins that I need to get out of the way.

Congrats! Loose connections and screws, as well as switches that need to be adjusted, seem to be pretty common out of the box. Mine had a few. Some may be obvious and others will reveal themselves as you play.

#1477 7 years ago

After i installed 6.06 i had to turn down the power on my crystal ball VUK. It was kicking the ball up and off the rail. Anyone else experience this after they installed the new software?

#1478 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Check to make sure that the lower pop bumper ring isn't hitting the steel ball guides...2 separate spots to check.

#1479 7 years ago
Quoted from Vexx_182:

After i installed 6.06 i had to turn down the power on my crystal ball VUK. It was kicking the ball up and off the rail. Anyone else experience this after they installed the new software?

Yes I have. I thought maybethe wireform had gotten a little bent or something but turning down the power fixed the issue.

#1480 7 years ago

I noticed that sometimes when I'm done playing, I just sit there and stare at the machine. The thing is beautiful. So much to take in.

#1481 7 years ago

Also turned on my machine today and the screen ran fine but none of the lights on the play field were working. I gave it a few minutes but still nothing so i turned off the machine and turned it back on and wha lah everything worked again. Anyone else had this happen? If so is it just a common glitch or something to look into further. My WoZ only had 150 Plays on it when i bought it so i wouldn't think it would be anything electrical with it being almost mint.

#1482 7 years ago
Quoted from Vexx_182:

Also turned on my machine today and the screen ran fine but none of the lights on the play field were working. I gave it a few minutes but still nothing so i turned off the machine and turned it back on and wha lah everything worked again. Anyone else had this happen? If so is it just a common glitch or something to look into further. My WoZ only had 150 Plays on it when i bought it so i wouldn't think it would be anything electrical with it being almost mint.

It's happened to me twice. I have a ticket in about it, but no answer yet. It is very uncommon in my experience, but I guess I'm not alone.

#1483 7 years ago
Quoted from Vexx_182:

Happened to me once as well - never again. Seems to be very rare.

#1484 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Happened to me once as well - never again. Seems to be very rare.

Ditto...saw it maybe once or twice. Power up glitch. I wouldn't worry about it.

#1485 7 years ago

New WOZ member here needing a few pointers. Im wondering what degree pitch to setup the game at? I got it at 6.5 degrees now using pinball leveller app, is there a built in leveler on the game? I also powered up the 2 lower flippers and castle flipper a few levels. I dont have much experience with WOZ so any pointers on settings for a family with a 6yr old and wife thats an ok player would be much appreciated!

#1486 7 years ago

I can only go by my experience on this amazing game, others are welcome chime in with their adjustments.

The game is very fast for the 1st 50 games. It will settle down after that and adjustments are more meaningful.
I'm waxing/cleaning every 150 plays or so with wizards mist and shine (JJP uses it on the playfields before shipping), Novus 1 on the ramps and plastics, for now and have 1200 plays. I just recently waxed using PS21 since 1000 grand wax is hard to get for now.

I have my pitch at 6.5 measured from several places around the PF, and took an average.
I upped the lower flipper power by 2 or 3. If you are getting air balls off glinda, either put dead foam behind the target or go down a notch at a time until it stops.
On a clean hit to the ramp, from a cradled position, from either flipper, the ball should easily go up the ramp then slow down a bit after it makes it to the top.

Also make sure the flipper rubber is more towards the top of the flipper bat, this will stop air balls off the flipper on all of them.
I'm using the STC standard flipper rubber still on this game. I might put on the super bands, we'll see how they play.

The castle PF flipper should not be too agressive, it makes it hard to manage the door bounces and loops.
I settled about the default plus one maybe.

I upped the Dorothy flipper a couple and the munchkin flipper 1 or 2. I like the munchkin flipper to do 2 loops on a perfect hit, more than that is unnecessary.

The VUK's needed to be adjusted up a couple notches. Especially the crystal ball one, If the ball bounces out of the wire-form then you go down a bit.

The cross-over wire-form on my game needed tweaking to keep the ball on track (the ball would fall off in a high speed hit). It had a small bend in it that I removed. I also twisted it a tiny bit so that the upper wire was more level and perhaps slightly lower than the lower wire (used a crescent wrench with a towel around the wires to prevent scratching for twisting/bending and some firm hand bending).

Watch the game a bit and see if one of the outlanes favors another and check the left to right level. Or roll a ball down the center and see if it goes fairly straight (hard to do with the roll overs in the way).

I'm sure there is more, this is just off the top of my head.

#1487 7 years ago

Thank you pinballinreno! Im trying to close up outlanes and cant figure out how to close up the left one. Theres a hole for the post but the metal guide is in the way. Is this outlane not adjustable?

20160526_163642_(resized).jpg20160526_163642_(resized).jpg

#1488 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Im trying to close up outlanes and cant figure out how to close up the left one. Theres a hole for the post but the metal guide is in the way. Is this outlane not adjustable?

Take the plastic off and move the guide.

#1489 7 years ago

Its not that neccessary to close the left outlane, it helps a bit but not as much as you might think.
Just increase the ball save time to at least 20 seconds for family, or max it out.

But if you must, the metal guide has adjustment, its under the plastic.
You have to remove the crystal ball and VUK wire-form to remove the long plastic to get to the ball guide. It's easy and fairly straight foreward.

One of the problems with this, is that the ball guide will stick out a little and the plastic wont cover it. this wont affect game play but looks unfinished, my wife said it was ugly and stupid.....So I had to mod it.

I, like others cut a slot in the ball guide with a dremel to allow for the rubber, or just shortened the metal by cutting off 1/4" and filed/smoothed it up before reassembly. Doing this wont affect game play either. Just make sure its nice and smooth so you dont cut the rubber when a ball hits it.

#1490 7 years ago

Does anyone have mirror blades on their WOZ. Do Bally Williams blades fit ? I would like to see what pingraffics could do with the inside walls of WOZ.

#1491 7 years ago

The metal ball guide has an additional pre-drilled hole in the playfield. You need to move the ball guide to the outlane narrowing pre-drilled hole and then you can easily move the post with the rubber without any difficulty.

#1492 7 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Does anyone have mirror blades on their WOZ. Do Bally Williams blades fit ? I would like to see what pingraffics could do with the inside walls of WOZ.

Not sure I ordered from pinballsidemirrors and they have WOZ as an option...so Im guessing there is a difference from Williams??? They did tell me the Woz Mirrors will work on the Hobbit...

#1493 7 years ago

What do the two witch light inserts in front of the witch mean? Sometimes they are both green; sometimes one is green; sometimes one is orange; sometimes one is orange and the other is flashing. . . . I may have this a bit mixed up, but can anyone explain the different configurations? Thanks!

#1494 7 years ago

My membership card arrived today.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1495 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What do the two witch light inserts in front of the witch mean? Sometimes they are both green; sometimes one is green; sometimes one is orange; sometimes one is orange and the other is flashing. . . . I may have this a bit mixed up, but can anyone explain the different configurations? Thanks!

Orange is for skillshot I believe, one green light means you've hit her once, two means you've hit her twice...I think.

#1496 7 years ago

Typically the lights in front of the witch indicate how many hits to start a hurry up... or how many hits to end the hurry up if active. I think green is to start and orange is while in a hurry up but could be wrong.

#1497 7 years ago

When you shoot ball for skill shot the led next to the witch is orange.
Other time it's green.

#1498 7 years ago

Thanks for the responses. I'm pretty sure I've seen one witch insert orange and the other green so not sure what that means. I'll pay closer attention. It is not intuitive certainly.

#1499 7 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Yes they do fit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-wms-mirror-blades-fit-jjp-pins

#1500 7 years ago

I've figured out the witch inserts:

Orange = witch skill shot is ready
One flashing white = two shots away from starting witch hurry up
Two flashing white = one shot away from starting witch hurry up
One green = one hurry up completed
Two green = two hurry ups completed
Two green plus fireball = fireball frenzy ready

You can have combinations of the above. So if one is orange and the other one is green, it means skill shot ready and you have completed two hurry ups. If one is green and two are flashing white, it means one hurry up completed and one more shot to start the next hurry up.

At least, I'm pretty sure that's it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 16.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.