Topic Stats

• 10,062 posts
  • 541 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by harryhoudini
  • Topic is favorited by 241 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,367 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ADAF00D1-AA88-4CBA-B5F5-635F4E407046 (resized).jpeg
Ball1 (resized).jpg
Screen (resized).jpg
Ball2 (resized).jpg
Screen2 (resized).jpg
52707863-FA40-4711-B0D6-A86FC912615C (resized).png
9E8A673B-D4AB-4D24-8ED8-FC55FCA034A0 (resized).jpeg
1DBF8770-DEB3-41A6-8DCD-B36943B16F21 (resized).jpeg
049469D1-DFE5-43B1-B5C7-41D3E0C289E8 (resized).jpeg
20200304_084910 (resized).jpg
C8C6E50A-7579-481C-A043-0E525F8E6A9F (resized).jpeg
Wizard of Oz Escape 094 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 081 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 064(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 052(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 046(1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10062 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 202.
#1401 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

1) Only good for that ball...no carry-over. Not sure why you'd want it as it would be too powerful.

I agree it could be too powerful. At the same time, I have only been able to cash in on the munchkin multiplier once, though it was a biggie, netting a total of 400,000+ points in the bonus. The difficulty of making the HOADC shot for me made me want to preserve my bonus multiplier when I get it. At least the number of horses carries over.

#1402 3 years ago

This game is so polished now! I'm a huge fan !! It's just fun.

#1403 3 years ago

I installed the Titan silicon rings on the main flippers. I feel like I have a lot more control and am better able to trap the ball. They also look a heck of a lot better than the stock rubbers which always seemed dusty.

#1404 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I installed the Titan silicon rings on the main flippers. I feel like I have a lot more control and am better able to trap the ball. They also look a heck of a lot better than the stock rubbers which always seemed dusty.

Supers or Titans on all flippers. That's the way to go.

#1405 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Supers or Titans on all flippers. That's the way to go.

Yep. All other flippers have been switched. Getting the Titans on the mini flipper was a royal pain.

#1406 3 years ago

Hi,
Not to hijack the thread,but if you guys know somebody out west Colorado is where I live---and just somewhat reluctantly posted my ECLEWOZ #666 for sale.Below is the craigslist link....Thanks and Keep on Flippin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
denver.craigslist.org link

Added over 4 years ago: Machine is no longer available,Thank you all for showing interest.

#1407 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yep. All other flippers have been switched. Getting the Titans on the mini flipper was a royal pain.

I was fortunate enough to have a friend over when I unboxed and put the supers on. The two of us were able to get the supers on together without much issue. But doing them solo hurts my hands.

#1408 3 years ago

My lock ball arm is getting close to releasing two balls at once. I saw a setting for controlling the timing of that arm. Am I right that I should lower the timing slightly? Is there any other adjustment to help with this?

#1409 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

My lock ball arm is getting close to releasing two balls at once. I saw a setting for controlling the timing of that arm. Am I right that I should lower the timing slightly? Is there any other adjustment to help with this?

Yeah - the ball lock release timer setting has something to do with that. I just adjust it down a few ms, play a few games, and make additional adjustments as I see fit. What's crazy is that it will work fine for 5 games or so, and then the next game it will release 2 balls at once. All about getting that sweet spot.

#1410 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Yeah - the ball lock release timer setting has something to do with that. I just adjust it down a few ms, play a few games, and make additional adjustments as I see fit. What's crazy is that it will work fine for 5 games or so, and then the next game it will release 2 balls at once. All about getting that sweet spot.

Thanks!

#1411 3 years ago

I just reset all my hi-scores on my game.

The early code allowed for millions of points due to a bug. This was cool but kinda scammy, as you would have had to be there to get those high marks.

So after backing up all my settings and installing the version 6 code, and playing the game a lot, I determined that its not the same game at all any more! However it's so much better and FUN!

So my earlier scores were not relevant at all

I'm really enjoying putting my initials in again on this new game! Also my wife who has been getting better and better over the last 2 years is now on the board and kicking my a$$

Has anyone else felt this way or done this?

I'm beginning to think that I should reset the high scores each time there is a major change in the code as it would be a very different game.

#1412 3 years ago

Even though WOZ comes w/ a topper. I think I might machine this out of 1/2 acrylic or polycarbonate. I plan on lighting it from the bottom using a color changing, programmable LED strip.

I thing it will look cool hanging on the wall.

WOZ2_(resized).jpg

WOZ1_(resized).jpg

#1413 3 years ago

I have to say that properly leveling this pin makes a huge difference. I was at 5.9 degrees while maxing out the height of the back leg levelers due to the slope of my floor and carpeting. Another pinsider suggested I move the location of the nut on the front leg levelers from being between the leg leveler and the leg to being behind the leg. I now have the pitch up to 6.3 degrees and the game plays a lot faster and smoother. Problems I was having with inconsistent plunges seem to have lessened. And, slow balls that got diverted by mylar or roll over targets also have lessened. I know there are some critiques of JJP pins as being too slow and floaty, but I really don't think that is the case once properly leveled. My game now plays plenty fast, and the multiballs are even more insane.

#1414 3 years ago

I still have no idea how I'm getting the scores I am. Sometimes I have a game where I score ~150k, and then I have a game like this morning where I managed 580k.

#1415 3 years ago

This was posted in another thread..... anyone know anything about a Kevlar throne room protector????

Quoted from mnpinball:

The cliffy throne room Kevlar protector is a must.

Who sells these? I dont see them on the Cliffy site.

Quoted from Crash:

There are kevlar scoop protectors available now? How do they hold up vs. sheet metal ones?

First ive heard of this as well.

#1416 3 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

This was posted in another thread..... anyone know anything about a Kevlar throne room protector????

Who sells these? I dont see them on the Cliffy site.

First ive heard of this as well.

My Throne Room is kevlar. I'll snap a pic of it after work. I actually think I like it better than the standard metal protectors because it's a bit thinner and doesn't impact the ball at all (or so little I don't notice it).

#1417 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

My Throne Room is kevlar. I'll snap a pic of it after work. I actually think I like it better than the standard metal protectors because it's a bit thinner and doesn't impact the ball at all (or so little I don't notice it).

Where did you get it?

#1418 3 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Where did you get it?

I ordered the full Cliffy set and that's what came with it instead of the standard thin gauge metal. Now that you mention it...I don't see it advertised anywhere on his site, so I don't know what the deal is, haha.

#1419 3 years ago

Ill shoot him and email and ask him whats up.

#1420 3 years ago

Here's two pics of the protector for you.

Pic_1_(resized).jpg

Pic_2_(resized).jpg

#1421 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Wow never seen that before.

#1422 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

That's the 1st I've seen/heard of the Kevlar protector. Looks great!

Nice looking plastic protectors, by the way.

#1423 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

That's the 1st I've seen/heard of the Kevlar protector. Looks great!
Nice looking plastic protectors, by the way.

A bear to install, but the best decision ever to protect the plastics on this beauty of a game!

And the kevlar had me worried at first (regarding how well it would stay on the playfield), but it's been awesome. And I LOVE that it doesn't impact the ball trail. The metal ones make sense on the other locations where ball path will have no impact on "successful" shots. But I would have loved this kevlar type on MET...

#1424 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Thank you sir!!!!!!!

#1425 3 years ago

Ugh! I was in the wicked witch battle, thinking now is the time I'm finally going to melt the witch, when one of my balls got stuck between the drop target and the plastic protector above it. The target kept bouncing up and down rapidly, keeping the ball trapped. It wouldn't stop. I was afraid I was going to break something, so I quickly opened the coin door to cut the power to the coils. I closed it quickly, but it was too late. Double drain!

Is there a setting for coin door ball save? I didn't see one in the menus.

#1426 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ugh! I was in the wicked witch battle, thinking now is the time I'm finally going to melt the witch, when one of my balls got stuck between the drop target and the plastic protector above it. The target kept bouncing up and down rapidly, keeping the ball trapped. It wouldn't stop. I was afraid I was going to break something, so I quickly opened the coin door to cut the power to the coils. I closed it quickly, but it was too late. Double drain!
Is there a setting for coin door ball save? I didn't see one in the menus.

Nope, not an option.

#1427 3 years ago

Juist arrived at home

image_(resized).jpeg

#1428 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Almost feels like cheating...I think they bounce the same...but they certainly grip the ball differently for drop catches, and tipping the ball.

I just changed all of my games out, too. Agree...they are a great addition.

#1429 3 years ago

I did it!!! So fun

image_(resized).jpg

#1430 3 years ago

Congrats!!

#1431 3 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

Hello everyone.,,,
I suppose I am happy to see this thread as well. I am guessing there were issues with the rest of the community on this game. I have not had enough time to read all posts regarding other folks opinions... which is really what I like,,, the good, the bad, the ugly...... just like to hear it straight. But I am guessing there were too many opinions that bashed it out of proportion.
Anyhow, I really like this community of people that enjoy this hobby and share all of their thoughts and ideas and experiences with various pinballs that they own or have played or want to own.
So, here I am. I am really interested in this game. I got to play it a year ago at the Louisville Expo,,, it was really cool. Since then I have purchased a Tron and a AC/DC.... I am really brand new, but have got bit. Now I think I want a WOZ.... but want to hear everybody's honest opinion.
I played it again this year, and my first impression was 'wow' this is a little dark. All of the videos that I have seen and make me want this game, and then I see it again in person and thought that the whole gameplay was darker than I remember......... As for the 'gameplay' it is hard for me to give an opinion because who can do that playing only for a few minutes after waiting in line to play......
Anyhow, What do you all think?... I mean 'Overall'. And how about price?.... I have an opportunity to purchase a Standard for about 8K, in stock and ready to ship, no waiting, no deposits, etc......
I have read about people saying that there are LE's that people are trying to sell for 7K but I can't seem to find them, so ........ just don't know.
Lastly, what is the difference between and LE (that people are dumping, but I can't find.)... and a Standard... that JJP will accept my deposit, but I have a seller right now NIB for same price.
All help appreciated. Really like the game and want honest opinions on all of the above.

Did you ever buy?

#1432 3 years ago

An observation and a question:

Observation: If extra ball is lit, and you are playing There's No Place Like Home, hitting the saucer will still award the extra ball. I wouldn't have expected that.

Question: When is the munchkin multiplier (given by collecting HOADC) applied? During the bonus award at the end of the ball when the munchkin points are applied, or only during the munchkin mode itself? In other words, let's say I start Munchkin Frenzy without a multiplier, and I score 10,000 points. Then I get the multiplier for 1.5x. I then start Munchkin lullaby and score 10,000 points. During the bonus round, will I receive 30,000 points (1.5x 20,000), or will I just receive 20,000 points because the multiplier was only applied during Munchkin Lullaby, and the points took that multiplier into account?

#1433 3 years ago

Munchkin mode points are awarded during bonus count, including multipliers.

#1434 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

So I don't need the multiplier while I'm playing the mode, is that right? I just need it before I lose the ball?

#1435 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So I don't need the multiplier while I'm playing the mode, is that right? I just need it before I lose the ball?

Correct. If you have a great munchkin mode go for the horses that ball!!

#1436 3 years ago

I'm sorry I really tried to search pinside. What is the most recent code update for WOZ & delta or full? Ugh...only part I don't like of owning WOZ is the updates are a bit confusing and a pain in the arse compared to Stern's.

Now I need to figure out how to properly format the USB stick on my mac.

Love the game, never leaving but ugh.

#1437 3 years ago

6.06 is the current version I think.

This might help (copied from #937 6 months ago this thread):

First, download the software by going to the link below
http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/game-specific-downloads/wizard-of-oz-downloads/
Under the Full Game Install heading, Click on [Wizard Of Oz - Full Install ISO - 6.06]
The file is very large (about 4gB) and should take about 20min to download.
I recommend using IE (Internet Explorer) browser as I've had problems with Google Chrome not doing a complete down load.
When the download is complete you should make sure it downloaded okay by verifying the checksum.
To do this, you can run the utility listed below:
http://www.winmd5.com/
The output from the utility should match the following:
9ba0111a76e8b03af0792a8928601d66
(this is the code you get when you click on [MD5 CHECKSUM] on the JJP download site)
This is the most time consuming part of the process and will get you half way there.

Also note that updating the software usually isn't this complicated. Normally the updates are small (delta), require very little time to download and only have a couple of steps after. However, since this is a major update, a full install is required.

Make sure you back up your settings first unless you want to set it up all over again.

Use the Unetbootin utility for your mac on the JJP website down lower on the page that you got the code update from and make a bootable usb drive.

Stick the usb drive into the black USB cable end next to the left of the coin box and re-boot the game.
It will do everything by itself pretty much on start-up.

It can be a little scary as it pauses once in awhile a couple times but be patient it will finish when its done.

Take the USB drive out of the machine when its done to keep it from installing the OS everytime you start the machine.

I think the instructions are on the JJP site somewhere, they are also in the manual near the end pages E-6 to E-7

#1438 3 years ago

The game updates are right on JJP's page. Under support / game downloads.

#1439 3 years ago

Thanks pinballinreno! I'm on 4. something.

Drenden - I appreciate pinballinreno posting because this was my link I had http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com/downloads/woz It's apparently an old link page??

#1440 3 years ago

open up the version 3 manual from the jjp site it has pretty clear instructions on how to use the Unetbootin program.

Also its important to check your checksum! This is a big file and lots of stuff can happen to it while your getting it.
I know its a hassel but Ive had bad files piss me off too many times.

#1441 3 years ago

I finally installed the pinballbulbs Woz lighting kit.

WOW what a difference! The lighting is not too much, and not too little, the colors are perfect.

I did "tape over" the light strip in the back over the ramps (about 6 leds) due to reflection on the ramp.

The kit sent to me was different than the instructions, more refined, less wire.

It was a painless install that should have taken about an hour to complete, but as others have stated, I took my time on it.

I changed a bunch of rubber, original rubber from 2 years ago, (rubber kits from marco spec are missing tons of rubber!)and did a general cleaning while I had it open.
Fortunately I have tons of rubber, I just am lazy and like kits (never from marco again!).

I dont have to use my overhead lighting any more and can see everything properly.

Does anyone make a rubber kit that has all the rubber in it? And the rubber is fresh?

JJP should have it on their parts site, but does not

#1442 3 years ago

I like this. Witte horse is a cow and also make The cow sound when made.

image_(resized).jpeg

#1443 3 years ago
Quoted from EricPinball:

I like this. Witte horse is a cow and also make The cow sound when made.

Yep...I wonder if there is a cow in TH?

#1444 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I finally installed the pinballbulbs Woz lighting kit.
WOW what a difference! The lighting is not too much, and not too little, the colors are perfect.
I did "tape over" the light strip in the back over the ramps (about 6 leds) due to reflection on the ramp.
The kit sent to me was different than the instructions, more refined, less wire.
It was a painless install that should have taken about an hour to complete, but as others have stated, I took my time on it.
I changed a bunch of rubber, original rubber from 2 years ago, (rubber kits from marco spec are missing tons of rubber!)and did a general cleaning while I had it open.
Fortunately I have tons of rubber, I just am lazy and like kits (never from marco again!).
I dont have to use my overhead lighting any more and can see everything properly.
Does anyone make a rubber kit that has all the rubber in it? And the rubber is fresh?
JJP should have it on their parts site, but does not

Was this what you ordered?
http://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/wizard-oz-pinball-illumination-kit-woz

Thanks.

#1445 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Ok, I'm still confused about this. Let's say I play Lollipop Lullaby and get 10,000 points. I have a Munchkin multiplier of 1.5x. At the end of ball bonus screen it will say:

Lollipop Lullaby 10,000
Munchkin Multiplier 1.5x 10,000

So, in both cases, it says 10,000 points. I should get 15,000 points. Perhaps that is calculated and not shown except in the total? If so, what is the meaning of showing "Munchkin Multiplier 1.5x 10,000"?

#1446 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ok, I'm still confused about this. Let's say I play Lollipop Lullaby and get 10,000 points. I have a Munchkin multiplier of 1.5x. At the end of ball bonus screen it will say:
Lollipop Lullaby 10,000
So, in both cases, it says 10,000 points. I should get 15,000 points. Perhaps that is calculated and not shown except in the total? If so, what is the meaning of showing "Munchkin Multiplier 1.5x 10,000"?

That's how it's always been. Keith explained it once somewhere...it is confusing, but the multiplier is actually applied first.

#1447 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That's how it's always been. Keith explained it once somewhere...it is confusing, but the multiplier is actually applied first.

It's too bad it is not more straight forward. I normally like seeing my base score and how it gets multiplied. It makes me feel good. Here, I just feel confused.

#1449 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Lollipop Lullaby 10,000

Perhaps it just means this:

You have the Lollipop Lullaby bonus of 10,000. The Munchkin Multiplier is at 1.5x, so therefore you are getting 1.5x 10,000 points. So it doesn't mean there are two 10,000 bonuses. Perhaps it was done this way in the event of another bonus so they get added together? For instance:

Lollipop Lullaby 10,000
Dorothy's Diapers 7,000
Munchkin Multiplier 1.5x 17,000

#1450 3 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Perhaps it just means this:
You have the Lollipop Lullaby bonus of 10,000. The Munchkin Multiplier is at 1.5x, so therefore you are getting 1.5x 10,000 points. So it doesn't mean there are two 10,000 bonuses. Perhaps it was done this way in the event of another bonus so they get added together? For instance:
Lollipop Lullaby 10,000
Dorothy's Diapers 7,000
Munchkin Multiplier 1.5x 17,000

That may be. Though, you would think it would be "Total 17,000" instead of "Munchkin Multiplier 1.5x 17,000".

And, Dorothy's Diapers isn't being implemented until 7.0 code.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11,500.00
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 10062 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 202.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside