BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 305.
#1351 7 years ago

I love this machine. My son from Seattle just came and played it for the first time this last week and now its game on to see who gets the highest score !

#1352 7 years ago

I'm very close to purchasing a new ruby red. These things are priced a little out of my comfort zone but this is the closest I've come to pulling the trigger. Thoughts? We are more of a one pin house, trying to make it count. I was told there are not many left new.

#1353 7 years ago
Quoted from Tigixx:

I love this machine. My son from Seattle just came and played it for the first time this last week and now its game on to see who gets the highest score !

That's great. I wish I had someone in my house to compete against, but my family doesn't play that much and when they do, unfortunately, they don't get on the board. So, I just have to compete against the factory default high scores.

Quoted from craigj:

I'm very close to purchasing a new ruby red. These things are priced a little out of my comfort zone but this is the closest I've come to pulling the trigger. Thoughts? We are more of a one pin house, trying to make it count. I was told there are not many left new.

Call some distributors. I bet there are a bunch of RR's still out there. It is a great game. Very different than anything else I've played. I also think it will likely hold its value quite well so if you ever grow tired of it, you can sell, buy a Stern, and have money left over.

#1354 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Horse of a different color shot behind the upper right flipper. Hit that when you have a full stable of all different colored horses or all the same color and it's a "win". A win gets you 0.5 added to the multiplier for munchkin modes. It's applied during bonus.

I thought a loss added 0.5 to the multiplier while a win added +1. Am I wrong?

#1355 7 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

I was in a similar situation with my standard. You could save some cash and get a standard since they're the exact same game.

All things said and done, I'm SO happy with my WOZ. It's unlike any game I've ever played. See my post on the previous page for another little perspective.

#1356 7 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I was in a similar situation with my standard. You could save some cash and get a standard since they're the exact same game.

Differences between the LE's (power coating on legs and habitrails etc. etc.) and standards are cosmetic. Gameplay on standard and the LE's is the same which is a different model of marketing Stern uses. I don't want to compare either companies there's way too much of that happening, I'm just making sure you aware of that which you might be RR does have TOTO. tornado and a few other things that are stationary and nice that didn't come on the Emerald LE. They could be purchased and put on an Emerald or even standard, I suppose. Personally I like the Ruby Red the best including the 75th anniversary of the film topper and extra figures, then the Emerald and then the standard. However, the standard is still quite awesome and they do seem to be holding their value well. So if budget was a prime concern I'd go with a standard and have some money for other things.

Also, WOZ is a terrific game and just gets better with each software update, although I don't know if there will be any more of those coming other than to maybe fix a minor bug or two. But I'd play as many games as you can before you buy one especially if it's going to be your only pin. Nothing at all against WOZ. I'd said this for anyone who could have only 1 pin whichever pins is on their short list. However, as said before you can always sell it and get another if down the line you want to do that.

#1357 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

A loss adds nothing...it might even drop you 0.5, but it never goes below 1.

#1358 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

A loss adds nothing...it might even drop you 0.5, but it never goes below 1.

Well then I'm never going for that shot unless I have a win lined up. It is too dangerous. Thanks.

#1359 7 years ago

That shot is brutal on my machine. And I Love Woz. If you want something different there is the all green (non le) available only through the one distributor (automated services, I think)

#1360 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

A loss doesn't add or subtract the multiplier. It will drop you down one level of horses, so if you're at 5 horses after failing you'll go back to 4, and 4 is the lowest.

For successes, 4 horses = +.5x, 5 horses = +1x, 6 horses = +1.5x, 7 horses = +2x. Maximum multiplier is 10x.

Quoted from Nokoro:

Well then I'm never going for that shot unless I have a win lined up. It is too dangerous. Thanks.

Learn the shot, you can get MONSTER bonuses if you get good at it.

#1361 7 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

A loss doesn't add or subtract the multiplier. It will drop you down one level of horses, so if you're at 5 horses after failing you'll go back to 4, and 4 is the lowest.
For successes, 4 horses = +.5x, 5 horses = +1x, 6 horses = +1.5x, 7 horses = +2x. Maximum multiplier is 10x.

Well, there you go...I think I might have to concentrate more on that! I thought it just added 0.5x per win. So if you "win" twice you're at 2.5x?

#1362 7 years ago

If you succeed twice in a row, yes, plus you'll light an extra ball after the 5 horse success.

#1363 7 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

If you succeed twice in a row, yes, plus you'll light an extra ball after the 5 horse success.

Sweet, that's some HUGE point potential then. Hot damn!

#1364 7 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

The shot is so tight on mine, I almost never make it, like only a 5% success rate, unless I backhand it with two balls on the right flipper. Sometimes, I think I make it only to have the ball bounce back out or get pinched between the flipper and the lane.

#1365 7 years ago

So I'm still confused on how HOADC works. Do I need 4 or 5 horses? What's the importance of the colors?

Also, I think I need to start trying to control my multiballs more. My current approach is basically controlled chaos - shoot shots while the balls are going bonkers. I need to learn to trap up and take my time.

#1366 7 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

So I'm still confused on how HOADC works. Do I need 4 or 5 horses? What's the importance of the colors?
Also, I think I need to start trying to control my multiballs more. My current approach is basically controlled chaos - shoot shots while the balls are going bonkers. I need to learn to trap up and take my time.

For the first HOADC you need 4. If your collect a stable of 4 and "win" with the shot behind the upper flipper, then the next one requires 5, the next 6, I think up to 7?. A "win" is a stable of all different colored horses or all the same color. Different colors are worth different points. Someone can probably dig up the point values. Rainbow horses are wild cards and can count as a different or same color, depending on what your going for. Cows I think might be wildcards too?

#1367 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Rainbow horses are wild cards and can count as a different or same color, depending on what your going for. Cows I think might be wildcards too?

Cows are just another color of "horse" (i.e., they are not wild). But they are the most valuable color. HOADC is explained fully here (starting on page 13):

http://papa.org/wp-content/uploads/WOZ-Rulesheet-Version-1-26.pdf

#1368 7 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

For me, trapping during multiball is extremely difficult on WOZ. The angle of the flippers is much shallower than my other two pins, and the balls seem to roll right off. The good thing, though, is that when I do trap and shoot just one ball at a time, I find getting control over that one ball again without draining is manageable.

#1369 7 years ago

In case anyone missed it, WOZ was featured on the Sci channel on Machines: How They Work. You can find it on demand. Nice computer renderings of exploded views of the game.

#1370 7 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

"WOZ" has single handedly changed are game room. Some of are weekend nights we go 4 players for hours on end. Great fun. We have a standerd "WOZ" machine but it still rocks!!

#1371 7 years ago

I just had the most amazing game! Somehow I stacked munchkin frenzy, rescue MB, emerald city MB, and crystal ball lights out. I got my munchkin award up to 260,000 points. I've never had that much from a munchkin mode. If I had tilted, I would have lost it all. I love how the game is coded to only award points for certain modes during the bonus. Completely makes you think twice about nudging when you have the points built up that high. This game is totally unique and thrilling (when it isn't beating the crap out of me).

#1372 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

"WOZ" has single handedly changed are game room. Some of are weekend nights we go 4 players for hours on end. Great fun. We have a standerd "WOZ" machine but it still rocks!!

Awesome. I could live without the shaker I think. Will the glass on the Ruby Red reduce glare a lot? I'd like to hear from people that have seen the glare on the standard vs the le. Does the music get repetitive? Thanks guys!

#1373 7 years ago

The music is not repetitive IMO , yes, the invisiglass is really nice on reducing glare

#1374 7 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Awesome. I could live without the shaker I think. Will the glass on the Ruby Red reduce glare a lot? I'd like to hear from people that have seen the glare on the standard vs the le. Does the music get repetitive? Thanks guys!

The shaker is awesome...don't live without it. Music doesn't get repetitive to me as there are lots of different tracks that play.

#1375 7 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Thankfully we have the shaker and invisaglass on are standerd. I believe it is a valuable option to have.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1376 7 years ago

Been 24 hours now since I picked up my woz..... Such a fantastic game. I admit the theme is a little hard to swallow at first, but you forget about it as soon as you pull that shooter. The game is hands down the most beautiful game produced in the last 20 years. I'm extremely happy with this machine.

#1377 7 years ago

I could live without the shaker too but 'was included in the price. I don't find
the WOZ music too repetitive but I do enjoy listening to my IPOD while playing with WOZ muted a lot. Pinnovator's thru the door volume adjust is a well spent $70 for those interested.

#1378 7 years ago

OK, worried about kids around this thing..... anyone know of a cover made to fit the woz?

#1379 7 years ago

Oh man, now that I am starting to pay attention to horses, my whole approach has changed. Love it!

#1380 7 years ago

Looked like in a recent code update there was separate volume adjustments? 4 sound mixing adjustments: Music, Speech, Fanfares, Effects. So correct me if I'm wrong but does that mean if you get tired of the repeating music it can be set to 0% and leave the speech, sound effects, etc on at 100%? Anyone try this? Might make the game feel a little "hollow" though If you are used to hearing the music.

#1381 7 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Looked like in a recent code update there was separate volume adjustments? 4 sound mixing adjustments: Music, Speech, Fanfares, Effects. So correct me if I'm wrong but does that mean if you get tired of the repeating music it can be set to 0% and leave the speech, sound effects, etc on at 100%? Anyone try this? Might make the game feel a little "hollow" though If you are used to hearing the music.

Omg I'm going to update right now.... Where my thumb drive..... Found it!!!!!

#1382 7 years ago

OK, applied the update then went to bed. I will let you know soon.

BTW, ill pay someone to figure out how to put some different music in this thing. Like with the NUCORE for pin2k, turn this baby into a jukebox!

#1383 7 years ago

When you cash in 4 horses, will the LCD show 5 blanks for 5 horses? I have been focusing on HOADC lately but haven't seen 5 horses yet. In fact, this morning, I had 4 horses, hit the shot to collect, started to collect again and drained. When I was on my next ball, I got 4 and noticed the collect shot was lit. I hit it and collected 4 again. I wouldn't think you can do that? Unless there's a setting to change to make it so that HOADC carries over?

#1384 7 years ago

HODAC always carries over. The only reason you wouldn't have 5 for the next set is if you didn't successfully collect 4 properly.

#1385 7 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

HODAC always carries over. The only reason you wouldn't have 5 for the next set is if you didn't successfully collect 4 properly.

So I have to get a win with 4 horses, not just collect them?

#1386 7 years ago

Right, they all need to be different colors or all the same color. Rainbow horses will count for both but reduce the points awarded.

#1387 7 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Right, they all need to be different colors or all the same color. Rainbow horses will count for both but reduce the points awarded.

Got it - thanks. That's going to complicate things a bit!

#1388 7 years ago

And 4 rainbow horses will get you the largest value possible (for 4 horses) - 32,000. I've only gotten it once.
4rainbow_(resized).jpg4rainbow_(resized).jpg

#1389 7 years ago

I'm in Jamaica right now and have no desire to return. The only thing that remotely makes me want to come back is knowing that I get to play WOZ again.

#1390 7 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Soooo, we can turn the music tracks volume all the way down?... Dark side of the moon anybody?

#1391 7 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

OK, applied the update then went to bed. I will let you know soon.
BTW, ill pay someone to figure out how to put some different music in this thing. Like with the NUCORE for pin2k, turn this baby into a jukebox!

You can't.

#1392 7 years ago

I know. I was saying id pay someone to hack into this thing and install a jukebox app. I dont see why something like VLC couldnt be running in the background

#1393 7 years ago

So I've discovered the secret to high scores with me is to stack a munchkin mode with a crystal ball mode and, if possible, some multiball. I just got a 400,000+ point bonus which ended up being 80% of the points for my entire game.

#1394 7 years ago

Has anyone tried to do anything to hide the gap at the end of the munchkin huts where the lock ball arm comes out? I don't like staring at the mechanical guts and think it might be more aesthetic if I hung a small piece of black fabric, glued to the inside. Anyone try something similar?

#1395 7 years ago

It's not often that my blood boils while playing pinball. But oh man, when it does?

I booted up WOZ the other day and my first game was going very well. I had a Munchkin Mode stacked with ECMB and Lights Out scoring. All was going great. As per usual, after I drained my first ball, my next 2 balls were less than stellar. My extra ball was going well, and I started Melt the Witch. Two shots left and I drained one of the balls. Fine. Frustrated but still pumped up, I had 5 horses ready, so I took a shot at the collect (which, if successful, would light extra ball...I don't know if I had a "win" or not). I bricked, but caught the ball on the flipper. I shot the right ramp but hit Glinda instead, causing the ball to bounce back towards me. It was going SDTM so I attempted a slap save but failed.

Managed to get my #3 score of like 460k, but I was too pissed to play another game.

Thanks Obama.

#1396 7 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Seriously...would be awesome to load some rock covers of the wizard songs or something...

#1397 7 years ago

LOL

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Seriously...would be awesome to load some rock covers of the wizard songs or something...

I thought about just loading some Metallica or something, but a rock/metal cover of the wizard songs would be more fitting!

#1398 7 years ago

Two questions:

1. I just noticed that the munchkin multiplier that you get from collecting HOADC doesn't carry over from ball to ball. Is there a way to change that in settings? I didn't see one.

2. Do people find the hurry ups to be lucrative in terms of points? I don't have time to watch the screen to see how many points I'm getting from them, but it doesn't seem like a lot.

#1399 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Two questions:
1. I just noticed that the munchkin multiplier that you get from collecting HOADC doesn't carry over from ball to ball. Is there a way to change that in settings? I didn't see one.
2. Do people find the hurry ups to be lucrative in terms of points? I don't have time to watch the screen to see how many points I'm getting from them, but it doesn't seem like a lot.

1) Only good for that ball...no carry-over. Not sure why you'd want it as it would be too powerful.
2) not huge points, but if you shoot for it and get it then it will build up to pretty decent points. I go for them early when not much else has built up yet, but ditch them when more lucrative things start lining up.

#1400 7 years ago

I have so much trouble controlling the ball during MTW. I need to slow down. Been close to completing it, but haven't done it yet.

Also, tilting away a 90k bonus hurts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.