Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220731_202818 (resized).jpg
20220805_182730 (resized).jpg
20220728_220231 (resized).jpg
A692A4AB-FC9B-4747-AAB5-7DF1AB09C1AF (resized).jpeg
7A3F295B-FD68-4FE4-B6B7-B3622C7C09D5.jpeg
ALL GAMES - Changing the Battery.pdf (PDF preview)
DSC00659 (resized).JPG
20220717_154928 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220718-135851_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220718-135829_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
9EBB2988-EB9E-4823-89E2-E840B32F9DB4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6423 (resized).jpeg
E1A5656A-561C-4CCF-ACBD-881417EDBC23 (resized).jpeg
A06BE7DE-D2DA-4E1E-BA60-038B3AF247D5 (resized).jpeg
1F88705A-890F-4440-A0F1-4E4C0412D1AE (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-07-10 133842 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,981 posts in this topic. You are on page 274 of 280.
#13651 64 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

Well mine is for sell now. 4 years later, I feel I've played enough of it, and I can't say the game rewarded me well, I still haven't melted the darn witch !
I'm also selling because I want to be ready for Toy Story, not sure I'll buy it, I was about to sell when GnR got revealed but it wasn't a game for me. If I don't get Toy Story I'll go with an AFM or a TBL

You need to melt the Witch first! What an incredible experience. You have 12-14 months to wait in TBL so pay your deposit and start battling!

#13652 63 days ago

Have a WoZ LE, in the 400's (I will look up the # when I get home). This unit had the really nice side art as well as the 2nd gen light boards. No issues at all to speak of. Some mods, nothing crazy.

Looking for a range of value. I have been the only owner.

Thoughts?

Dave

#13653 62 days ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Have a WoZ LE, in the 400's (I will look up the # when I get home). This unit had the really nice side art as well as the 2nd gen light boards. No issues at all to speak of. Some mods, nothing crazy.
Looking for a range of value. I have been the only owner.
Thoughts?
Dave

Check the pinside market page.

#13654 61 days ago

I have been on the list to get 2.0 boards forever and finally got the call today to pay. They are shipping out next week!

Hoping everyone gets theirs this round.

#13655 61 days ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I have been on the list to get 2.0 boards forever and finally got the call today to pay. They are shipping out next week!
Hoping everyone gets theirs this round.

Sweet, I'm like 50 on the list.
I sure hope it's a big batch.

When did you put your request in?
I'm guessing 18 months ago.

#13656 61 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Sweet, I'm like 50 on the list.
I sure hope it's a big batch.
When did you put your request in?
I'm guessing 18 months ago.

It's been so long I honestly don't remember. I vaguely recall I was number 8.

JJP said many folks they emailed had sold the game, so I am sure you will be closer than the 50s.

Check your email.

Good luck!

#13657 61 days ago

How did we all Miss This?
Happy Birthday Judy Garland!!!
Born June 10th 1922.

#13658 59 days ago

Got an email to order 2.0 light kits this morning. I was so excited at the possibility of getting WOZ back up and running that I almost said "I love you" to the sales rep.

For those still waiting, I got on list in early February.

Anyone got install tips?

#13659 59 days ago
Quoted from chrismillsmusic:

Got an email to order 2.0 light kits this morning. I was so excited at the possibility of getting WOZ back up and running that I almost said "I love you" to the sales rep.
For those still waiting, I got on list in early February.
Anyone got install tips?

I'll email you the instructions folder.

#13660 59 days ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I'll email you the instructions folder.

Awesome! Thanks!

#13661 58 days ago
Quoted from chrismillsmusic:

I almost said "I love you" to the sales rep.

Nate is a great guy. You should have.

LTG : )

#13662 58 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Nate is a great guy. You should have.
LTG : )

It was Martha. Although, if it had been Nate I'm sure my feelings would have been the same.

#13663 57 days ago

I have been on the list for awhile and finally got the email.

But $850??? For boards to replace a defect in the original build? That's like an automaker charging you for the recall parts.

Is everybody paying this?

#13664 57 days ago
Quoted from Methos:

I have been on the list for awhile and finally got the email.
But $850??? For boards to replace a defect in the original build? That's like an automaker charging you for the recall parts.
Is everybody paying this?

what were you expecting? That’s pretty much been the same price all along with inflation adjustment. They are offering you an upgrade to retrofit your older game with better/more reliable parts that were designed and implemented after your game was manufactured. Lots of folks are still running the original boards without any issues. Not sure how you are stretching this into “replacing defective and recalled parts”.

If you want an auto analogy it’s more like a manufacturer offering you 2022 parts that you can fit to your 2017 vehicle that are a better design than the original and that may increase overall reliability.

#13665 57 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

what were you expecting? That’s pretty much been the same price all along with inflation adjustment. They are offering you an upgrade to retrofit your older game with better/more reliable parts that were designed and implemented after your game was manufactured. Lots of folks are still running the original boards without any issues. Not sure how you are stretching this into “replacing defective and recalled parts”.
If you want an auto analogy it’s more like a manufacturer offering you 2022 parts that you can fit to your 2017 vehicle that are a better design than the original and that may increase overall reliability.

I was expecting a manufacture who sold a flawed design to provide relief for their customers. Not sure I agree with your "retrofit" definition; as that would assume the original boards/designed were adaptable and most people I have spoken to have had issues with the boards, myself included.

It's a shame that the company does not stand by their products.

#13666 57 days ago

At this point these machines are well out of warranty. I bought mine third hand and probably should have done better due diligence (and the seller could have definitely been more transparent. Read those ads closely folks, and make sure the boards match the description). But I wouldn’t expect a company to give me free parts for a repeatedly resold, almost 10 year old machine.

#13667 57 days ago

All I know is I've been on the list since early December, and I hope like hell they've got enough kits for me. I had board issues 3 days after purchasing it in December. Luckily, it was a small GI board, but it started acting up again last night, different board. I really hope I will be able to get one this time around!

#13668 57 days ago
Quoted from Methos:

I was expecting a manufacture who sold a flawed design to provide relief for their customers. Not sure I agree with your "retrofit" definition; as that would assume the original boards/designed were adaptable and most people I have spoken to have had issues with the boards, myself included.

I'm sure there would be plenty of debate on "flawed design". Could the original design have been more rugged and reliable... sure. Does that mean it's flawed?!?

So, a manufacturer improves on a design and makes it better for future products. You expect them to replace all the previous versions?

(sorry, this pushed one of my buttons... why would a manufacturer EVER try to get better if that was the goal line they were expected to live up to)...

Would it be nice for them to give discounts as upgrades to existing customers... sure. Are they required to? Hell no.

my 2 cents...
Jaz

#13669 57 days ago

I too received the notification that 2.0 boards are in. I got on the waiting list 10 months ago in August.

But, my 7.5v boards still work just fine after 8.5 years of operation. I consider this insurance, as God only knows when the final 2.0 upgrade kit run will be. I was very aware of the common board issue when deciding to purchase my used WOZ a little over a year ago, so no remorse, angst, etc. from my end. If I sell my WOZ before my current boards fail, then I'll offer the upgrade kit as part of a package deal.....all good.

#13670 57 days ago

On the 2.0 list since January, have not heard anything yet. No biggie as my current 5v boards are fine, BUT long-term I also want the insurance of having these new boards ready to go. Plus it looks like a fun project to install 'em

My guess is JJP is making little to no profit on these ... relatively small runs of completely custom boards is not going to be cheap to make. But I bought my machine used and was well aware of the issues folks have had (thanks to Pinside of course!). I am just glad JJP is making these kits available for my 9 year old machine.

#13671 57 days ago
Quoted from Methos:

I’d gladly take your spot. Only got my game recently and tried to get on a waitlist but pretty sure I’m SOL

#13672 57 days ago
Quoted from Baron_VonLoppnow:

I too received the notification that 2.0 boards are in. I got on the waiting list 10 months ago in August.
But, my 7.5v boards still work just fine after 8.5 years of operation. I consider this insurance, as God only knows when the final 2.0 upgrade kit run will be. I was very aware of the common board issue when deciding to purchase my used WOZ a little over a year ago, so no remorse, angst, etc. from my end. If I sell my WOZ before my current boards fail, then I'll offer the upgrade kit as part of a package deal.....all good.

Same situation, the WOZ I purchased has the 7.5 boards and has had no issues for years. I noticed that the 2.0 boards are no longer for sale on the JJP website. Its another reason I also decided to purchase the 2.0 boards. Going forward, concerned that these boards will not be available.

#13673 57 days ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

My guess is JJP is making little to no profit on these ... relatively small runs of completely custom boards is not going to be cheap to make.

Plus electronic shortages have greatly increased component costs... IF you can even get them... 10x or greater is not unheard of...

#13674 57 days ago

Well I don’t know about you guys but I put my name in decades ago and I have not played my Woz very much due to that. To me I’m just happy to have them in route to my house.

#13675 56 days ago

Got my notification, called and placed my order! So excited! I understand this is a pretty involved install, but I'm ready!

#13676 56 days ago

150 Board sets arrived in this shipment.

#13677 56 days ago

Just got my 2.0 kit notification ... found it in my spam email folder!

#13678 56 days ago
Quoted from Jazman:

I'm sure there would be plenty of debate on "flawed design". Could the original design have been more rugged and reliable... sure. Does that mean it's flawed?!?
So, a manufacturer improves on a design and makes it better for future products. You expect them to replace all the previous versions?
(sorry, this pushed one of my buttons... why would a manufacturer EVER try to get better if that was the goal line they were expected to live up to)...
Would it be nice for them to give discounts as upgrades to existing customers... sure. Are they required to? Hell no.
my 2 cents...
Jaz

Again - what is the difference between "flawed" and "improvement"? If a designed part has a failure rate above it's intended threshold, it's flawed.

We'll just have to agree to disagree as they say.

And I sure won't be buying any more JJP games. Have I had issues with Stern? Of course, but they never pulled something like this.

#13679 56 days ago

Word of advice to anyone who is buying the 2.0 kit and planning to keep their WOZ... install the kit sooner than later. Most of you won't want to find out that you have an issue outside of warranty.

I sat on my kit for many months, maybe even a year as the previous 'near full light replacement' was done with the filtered/buffered boards and had been working without any issue. I too order the kit as a back-up for a rainy day. One day it hit me, "what if there are DOA issue(s) with something in the kit?" There are a lot of parts in that kit, boards, cabling, power supply etc...

Long story long, I did the full install and had an issue right away. I contacted support first via email and then by phone and was eventually able to get Butch on the phone and we stepped through a bunch of stuff to try to isolate the problem. It all came down to the main RJ45 pass-thru board having an almost invisible line of solder shorting two solder pads together. Butch narrowed it down to that pcb but was surprised as there really isn't any 'tech' on that board, it's all signal pass-thru. He was going to send one to me but I decided to look at it under a magnifier and found the short. It literally was spiderweb thin.

#13680 56 days ago

For the record, I too was disappointed that I had to buy the 2.0 kit for my ECLE, which was bought with the original/early days JJP warranty with their first WOZ run. What helped for me was their level of support/assistance with issues long before a 2.0 kit was even available. They had completely replaced the entire monkey mech and I had 2 smaller quantity led pcb replacement packages sent to me to repair some failed boards, over a number of months. Some time went by and I had another light issue, this time i asked if we could just do a full filtered/buffered replacement set/care package to whichc they obliged. That is the set that I installed and had no issues with but decided to swap in with the 2.0 kit due to my concern about having possible DOA issues with the kit.

The one thing that always bothered me about receiving these JJP warranty packages though was that they were being declared by JJP parts/shipping department at their retail value and if you are Canadian you know what that translates to, cross border with the courier. It was a PITA to try and clear up after the fact. COD = Pay now, attempt to fix later.

#13681 56 days ago

So I’ll throw my hat into the 2.0 debate as I bought what I believe will be my last WoZ as I need to hold on this time. After watching that joke of a release in TS, the days of OG JJP are dead.

My WoZ came with the updated boards but not 2.0. The previous owner did provide me with the 2.0 kit so like many of you, I like having it for peace of mind. What really surprised me was that my previous WoZ had 2.0 installed and I noticed an immediate difference in how bright my new WoZ is with the updated 7.5. Therefore I’m definitely holding off on installing as the folks who told me earlier that 2.0 is not as bright are spot on.

As for JJP being liable - this is not a manufacturer constantly improving. Stop. Not even close. The original are mechanically flawed. However the only owners that are owed anything are original. Buying second hand we all know what the deal is now with these lights. Buyer beware.

#13682 56 days ago

delt31 I recall reading about the brightness in the earlier days following the 2.0 kit relaease. Interestingly my 2.0 kit was actually brighter than what i had but it makes sense as I only really had a 5v system. They OG 5v non filtered/buffered and then of course my last replacement leds were still 5v but were filtered/buffered.

I am curious to see what the 7.5v looked like as I still sometimes think that my leds should be dimmed.

As you've said, after seeing TS4, WOZ is a keeper and in the end I am just happy to have my WOZ with the new kit tech as it is here with me until I downsize homes some day.

#13683 54 days ago

Just got my 2.0 kit today but with concerns about brightness not sure when or if I’ll install. My ECLE has the 7.5v buffered boards which have been pretty much flawless other than the little single led boards freak out from time to time.

Probably going to wait if I ever have a big board go out (or the little boards finally drive me nuts). Main reason I got the kit was as a backup as WOZ is never going anywhere for me.

I’d be curious to see a 7.5v and a 2.0 WOZ side by side to see if it’s a significant difference.

#13684 54 days ago

It's been a year of waiting, but my 2.0 kit finally arrived yesterday afternoon!

Screenshot_20220618-014715_Gallery (resized).jpg
#13685 54 days ago
Quoted from merccat:

Just got my 2.0 kit today but with concerns about brightness not sure when or if I’ll install. My ECLE has the 7.5v buffered boards which have been pretty much flawless other than the little single led boards freak out from time to time.
Probably going to wait if I ever have a big board go out (or the little boards finally drive me nuts). Main reason I got the kit was as a backup as WOZ is never going anywhere for me.
I’d be curious to see a 7.5v and a 2.0 WOZ side by side to see if it’s a significant difference.

I've seen it at the factory and I couldn't tell which was which side by side, but when I mention that people accuse me of shilling.

#13686 54 days ago

2.0 is obviously and definitely dimmer on the gi. Not noticeably different for the inserts. I wound up making custom stadium lighting that I’m very happy with. I still wish the gi illuminated the plastics better though. They don’t light up as much as they used to.

I emailed JJP about this years ago. At that time their story was that they were looking into a software fix for the dim gi. Obviously that didn’t happen or wasn’t possible.

#13687 54 days ago

2.0 kit arrived yesterday. If you’ve been on the list since before January, I would recommend reaching out to them directly rather than waiting for them to contact you.

#13688 53 days ago

So it looks like I'm leaving the WOZ club, game packed and ready to go .

I envy all of you who received the 2.0 light kit, I installed mine 3 years ago and had a great time doing the swap, I had a great feeling of accomplishment when I turned it on and everything came to life.

PXL_20220618_210405755.MP (resized).jpg
#13689 53 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

I envy all of you who received the 2.0 light kit, I installed mine 3 years ago and had a great time doing the swap, I had a great feeling of accomplishment when I turned it on and everything came to life.
[quoted image]

Sad to see you go. But if you want to have that awesome feeling of accomplishment again, you are more than welcome to do mine. I am generous like that.

#13690 53 days ago

If anyone decides to not use their 2.0 kit dm me. I’d be happy to buy it off you.

#13691 53 days ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Sad to see you go. But if you want to have that awesome feeling of accomplishment again, you are more than welcome to do mine. I am generous like that.

Thank you for your generosity, but I would fell terrible taking away such a joy from someone else

#13692 53 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

[quoted image]

You will regret selling it. Everyone does at one point.

#13693 52 days ago

I'm looking for a couple of the LED Data Cables for the small GI LED's. The part number I need is 19-3031-06, but I could use a longer one if I have to. JJP doesn't have them for sale on their Website, and no one else seems to carry them. Does anyone have a couple they would like to sell, or if anyone knows who carries them, please let me know. Thanks!

#13694 52 days ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

JJP doesn't have them for sale on their Website,

Did you call them? They might have them to sell even if not on their site.

#13695 52 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Did you call them? They might have them to sell even if not on their site.

No. I did not. I'll do that tomorrow during working hours. I just assumed if it wasn't on the website, I couldn't get one.

#13696 52 days ago

Yep that might happen. The good news is that most of these games are at people's house who take good care of them, so I'll be able to buy one some days If I miss playing it m.

#13697 52 days ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I'm looking for a couple of the LED Data Cables for the small GI LED's. The part number I need is 19-3031-06, but I could use a longer one if I have to. JJP doesn't have them for sale on their Website, and no one else seems to carry them. Does anyone have a couple they would like to sell, or if anyone knows who carries them, please let me know. Thanks!

JJP has them
Email Martha
[email protected]

#13698 52 days ago

Thank you! Will do!
Email sent!

#13699 52 days ago

I have regretted selling just about every game ever sold. Fortunately most of them I can visit at shows.

#13700 52 days ago
Quoted from merccat:

I have regretted selling just about every game ever sold. Fortunately most of them I can visit at shows.

We grown an attachment to the machine's we work on. Improve, upgrade, fix and add countless mods. That gremlin we find, that problem resolved after painstaking effort.
Sometimes, even attract mode is rewarding.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
There are 13,981 posts in this topic. You are on page 274 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!