20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 306.
#13602 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Anybody know what the side to side playfield angle should be for the mini-playfield? I used to get this multiball all the time on a friends YBR, but it's quite challenging on my RR, seems to drain (from the upper playfield) really easily. I believe it's flat (side to side), should it lean to the right a little bit to feed that flipper better? And if so, is there an adjustment on it (like TZ)?
Thanks!

There is a simple trick to getting loops around the spinning house, if you’d like to know!

#13603 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Anybody know what the side to side playfield angle should be for the mini-playfield? I used to get this multiball all the time on a friends YBR, but it's quite challenging on my RR, seems to drain (from the upper playfield) really easily. I believe it's flat (side to side), should it lean to the right a little bit to feed that flipper better? And if so, is there an adjustment on it (like TZ)?
Thanks!

I should note I’m talking about the castle (upper left mini playfield). Is there a way to adjust angle?

Gotta love this game when the bonus on a bad ball is 172. lol

Thanks!

#13604 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

There is a simple trick to getting loops around the spinning house, if you’d like to know!

Of course! I usually hold the left flipper when it’s going fast and it will either go around or bounce back to the flipper where I can send it around again.

#13605 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Of course! I usually hold the left flipper when it’s going fast and it will either go around or bounce back to the flipper where I can send it around again.

You got it!

#13606 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Thanks!

Probably an obvious thing, but I wound up moving the post next to the wireform drain over to the "easy" spot, and that tiny change made a huge difference in gameplay that feels like the right amount of difficulty for my average at best skill level. I never noticed it was adjustable until I installed protectors on the machine. On a side note, I found that moving the main playfield "balloon drain" post to the "easy" spot made the game WAY too easy, so clearly it is a personal prefernce type of thing.

#13607 1 year ago

It is SO good to see you back in this forum. Many good people here but Lloyd the Great brings it to another level!

#13608 1 year ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

It is SO good to see you back in this forum.

I'm still helping on Pinside. Not with the jjp problems. That is their responsibility now.

It didn't look like that poster was going to get help, so I referred one of the new jjp techs to him.

LTG : )

#13609 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm still helping on Pinside. Not with the jjp problems. That is their responsibility now. (snip)

And not one they're doing well...

Jaz

#13610 1 year ago
Quoted from Jazman:

And not one they're doing well...

The two pinsiders they hired don't seem to be as active as I was.

Hopefully things improve.

#13611 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Who's the other one?

#13612 1 year ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Who's the other one?

He posted in one of the JJP threads, hoping he'd help speed things up.

I'm sorry I don't remember him. And not thinking of pinballomatic.

#13613 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

He posted in one of the JJP threads, hoping he'd help speed things up.
I'm sorry I don't remember him. And not thinking of pinballomatic.

There's just the 3 of us, so not sure who it would've been.

#13614 1 year ago

There's just the 3 of us, so not sure who it would've been.

Did you change your avatar recently ? If so maybe that confused me.

#13615 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you change your avatar recently ? If so maybe that confused me.

No, but my name changed about a year ago.

#13616 1 year ago

I'll have to scour the jjp threads then and try and figure it out.

but my name changed about a year ago.

I'm glad she made an honest man out of you.

#13617 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'll have to scour the jjp threads then and try and figure it out.

I went through the last half year of each jjp thread. Couldn't find it.

If it pops up again I'll let you know PghPinballRescue

#13618 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

For clarity, the problems at JJP I was referring to was their tech parts guys in the shop and the crap they're shipping out. Longer story that I'll share if I get time...

Jaz

#13619 1 year ago

Sadly, looking to trade out of the club:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/136033

Trade wishlist (preferably a newer, deeper game from this list):
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jasonbar/collection#wishlist

Thanks,
-Jason

00 (resized).jpg00 (resized).jpg Added 22 months ago:

***TRADED***

#13620 1 year ago

Melted the witch for the first time yesterday!

Unfortunately also melted the crystal ball VUK coil and coil sleeve shortly after. I saw what appeared to be smoke in front of the crystal ball and at first thought “cool effects”, lol. Then I smelled it! Whoops.

Shot an email out to JJP with part numbers but looks like non-specific stuff I can order anywhere (coil, coil sleeve, and spring, plunger should be good). If I recall, did Ken Holland leave JJP support?
45251A95-8910-4016-82E1-806827BF5E69 (resized).jpeg45251A95-8910-4016-82E1-806827BF5E69 (resized).jpeg

#13621 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Melted the witch for the first time yesterday!
did Ken Holland leave JJP support?
[quoted image]

Nope, still here!

Send us a parts list and we'll see if we can beat the prices you have.
Some of the parts we have are surprisingly inexpensive, and we charge actual shipping with no upcharge.

#13622 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

looks like non-specific stuff I can order anywhere (coil, coil sleeve, and spring, plunger should be good).

Manual has the information :

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=10-128

23-800 coil, 1 7/8" coil sleeve.

It's transistor on the driver board is likely shot too, it's number will be in the manual.

#13623 1 year ago

Nope, still here!
Send us a parts list and we'll see if we can beat the prices you have.
Some of the parts we have are surprisingly inexpensive, and we charge actual shipping with no upcharge.

Oh great! I sent via email (to you and Barry at JJP addresses) last night, if you didn't receive I'm posting here as well.

• 23-0003-00 (23-800 Standard Coil)
• 30-0014-30-1 (1-7/8” Coil Tubing, Flanged)
• 13-7005-00 (VUK Plunger Return Spring)
• 11-5001-00 (VUK Armature Plunger assy) - may not need a new one, but it was pretty boogered into there, so to be safe, I'll get a new one.

Total assembly is:
51-0009-00 (Vertical Up-Kicker Assembly), if close to the same price, I'll just buy the whole thing.

Thank you!

#13624 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Manual has the information :

It's transistor on the driver board is likely shot too, it's number will be in the manual.

This is where it goes over my head a little bit . How do I find it, and what's required to replace? Thanks Lloyd.

#13625 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Oh great! I sent via email (to you and Barry at JJP addresses) last night, if you didn't receive I'm posting here as well.
• 23-0003-00 (23-800 Standard Coil)
• 30-0014-30-1 (1-7/8” Coil Tubing, Flanged)
• 13-7005-00 (VUK Plunger Return Spring)
• 11-5001-00 (VUK Armature Plunger assy) - may not need a new one, but it was pretty boogered into there, so to be safe, I'll get a new one.
Total assembly is:
51-0009-00 (Vertical Up-Kicker Assembly), if close to the same price, I'll just buy the whole thing.
Thank you!

No email was received, and Barry no longer works here.

Please submit a ticket via http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/ and I'll take care of it for you.

#13626 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

This is where it goes over my head a little bit . How do I find it, and what's required to replace? Thanks Lloyd.

Page C-99 shows the drive transistor for each coil, located on the I/O board.
Judging by the condition of the coil, I bet the transistor is pretty easy to spot by looking for physical damage.

#13627 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

How do I find it, and what's required to replace?

It is inside the metal box with all the boards. Long narrow one with fuses and bridge rectifiers.

You'll need the transistor. And skills to do circuit board work.

The transistor is Q303 , it's a mosfet IRL540 https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=IRL540N

#13628 1 year ago

Page C-99 shows the drive transistor for each coil, located on the I/O board.
Judging by the condition of the coil, I bet the transistor is pretty easy to spot by looking for physical damage.

I don't see any damage on the board Q303 (which corresponds to the applicable VUK). Hopefully I got lucky.

Manual says 130-0000-0T (assuming JJP part number), MSFET, IRL540, N-Ch, TO-220AB, 100V, 36A

I ordered some of these just in case.
https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&pa=670194&productId=670194

IMG_1154 (resized).jpgIMG_1154 (resized).jpgIMG_1155 (resized).jpgIMG_1155 (resized).jpg
#13629 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Hopefully I got lucky.

Check it with a meter and compare to other transistors. You didn't get lucky.

Youtube has short videos how to check a transistor.

#13630 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check it with a meter and compare to other transistors. You didn't get lucky.
Youtube has short videos how to check a transistor.

...and all I wanted to do was melt the witch (with the flippers!), this feels like work lol. Beats real work.

#13631 1 year ago

About 6 months ago, my WOZEC had a GI light go out, and with the old light boards made the game impossible to play. I ordered the new GI to replace the one that was out, but I also went ahead and ordered the 2.0 light system. I have had it sitting in the closet for a few months because I knew the time it was going to take putting them in. I finally got around to installing them last week. Every day after work for a few hours a night, and I finally got it finished. For the most part the instructions were easy to follow, but there were a few steps/pictures that did not match my machine. I did have to contact JJP support a couple of times, but they were very quick to respond. After about 10-12 hours of total work, I finally got the job completed! It is so nice to have my WOZ running great again (the wife is happy too!). It was not overly difficult to do the upgrade, but cutting wires and drilling holes into the bottom of the playfield was a little nerve racking for the first major repair to a pin that I have done. It was definitely a fun learning experience.

#13632 1 year ago
Quoted from Xantanian:

About 6 months ago, my WOZEC had a GI light go out, and with the old light boards made the game impossible to play. I ordered the new GI to replace the one that was out, but I also went ahead and ordered the 2.0 light system. I have had it sitting in the closet for a few months because I knew the time it was going to take putting them in. I finally got around to installing them last week. Every day after work for a few hours a night, and I finally got it finished. For the most part the instructions were easy to follow, but there were a few steps/pictures that did not match my machine. I did have to contact JJP support a couple of times, but they were very quick to respond. After about 10-12 hours of total work, I finally got the job completed! It is so nice to have my WOZ running great again (the wife is happy too!). It was not overly difficult to do the upgrade, but cutting wires and drilling holes into the bottom of the playfield was a little nerve racking for the first major repair to a pin that I have done. It was definitely a fun learning experience.

Wish I knew when JJP was going to start notifying folks on "The List" that kits are available for purchase!

#13633 1 year ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Wish I knew when JJP was going to start notifying folks on "The List" that kits are available for purchase!

Very soon now

#13634 1 year ago

Will they be making alot and stocking them and do you know if the price has increased?

#13635 1 year ago
Quoted from Xantanian:

Congrats! It’s definitely a confidence building experience and one that leaves you with a good feeling of satisfaction.

#13636 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Will they be making alot and stocking them and do you know if the price has increased?

Price I don’t think so
If you’re currently on the list you will get or come close to getting one soon, if you’re a recent add or get added now, more likely next wave of kits depending on a few things.

#13637 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Price I don’t think so
If you’re currently on the list you will get or come close to getting one soon, if you’re a recent add or get added now, more likely next wave of kits depending on a few things.

What would you consider a “recent add”? I put my request in in February. I have every finger crossed to get in on this batch.

#13638 1 year ago

I don’t know the exact cutoff but I will say that emails will start going out shortly so it won’t be long before you see people ordering them. The wait is to make certain that 100 pct of the parts are on hand to build all the kits we expect to be built and then if people pass when contacted the list goes along in order.

#13639 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

...and all I wanted to do was melt the witch (with the flippers!), this feels like work lol. Beats real work.

I’m back in business. Fuse 704 was blown. Replaced it and all the replacement parts associated with the burnt out coil, and I’m back to flipping.

#13640 1 year ago

Re leveling this game, I’m as tall as possible in back, short as possible (had to put bolts on top), just to get to 6.5 degrees, in multiple rooms, so it’s not an angled floor. Am I missing something? The only ever time this ever happened was on my TZ and it had 3 holes (I was in the wrong two).

Thanks!

#13641 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Re leveling this game, I’m as tall as possible in back, short as possible (had to put bolts on top), just to get to 6.5 degrees, in multiple rooms, so it’s not an angled floor. Am I missing something? The only ever time this ever happened was on my TZ and it had 3 holes (I was in the wrong two).
Thanks!

I have the exact same.

#13642 1 year ago

Anybody got a 75th anniversary RR topper they would sell?

#13643 1 year ago

Is it me because I'm considering selling my WOZ so looking more attentively or are there more WOZ for sell right now ?

#13644 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

Is it me because I'm considering selling my WOZ so looking more attentively or are there more WOZ for sell right now ?

Always more folks selling in the spring/summer. More WTB ads in the fall & winter.

#13646 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

I've had WOZ on my wishlist for a while and there have been more listed for sale in the past 2 weeks than there has been for the past two years. Made me wonder if something was up that made so many want to sell all at once.

#13647 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

I've had WOZ on my wishlist for a while and there have been more listed for sale in the past 2 weeks than there has been for the past two years. Made me wonder if something was up that made so many want to sell all at once.

The same can be said for many different games. Just look at Guns n Roses LE. It’s seasonal and also a tanking economy makes some folks get rid of toys while they can still get a decent amount of coin for them. And also some people are just making room for whatever game they plan on getting soon.

#13648 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Well mine is for sell now. 4 years later, I feel I've played enough of it, and I can't say the game rewarded me well, I still haven't melted the darn witch !

I'm also selling because I want to be ready for Toy Story, not sure I'll buy it, I was about to sell when GnR got revealed but it wasn't a game for me. If I don't get Toy Story I'll go with an AFM or a TBL

#13649 1 year ago

Melting the witch is hard. My success rate is like 6-7%.

When you do it's my favorite event playing pinball.

#13650 1 year ago

It is a hard one for sure. Melting her and killing Smaug on The Hobbit are my favorites for sure

Quoted from indybru:

Melting the witch is hard. My success rate is like 6-7%.
When you do it's my favorite event playing pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
$ 91.00
13,000 (OBO)
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 16.95
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/273?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.