767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 306.
#13501 1 year ago

My very first pin was a WOZ in 2016. I sold mine in 2020, and have missed it since. It’s such an achievement in pinball engineering. After two years away, I’m happy to be rejoining the club tomorrow! What did I miss while I was away?

#13502 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

My very first pin was a WOZ in 2016. I sold mine in 2020, and have missed it since. It’s such an achievement in pinball engineering. After two years away, I’m happy to be rejoining the club tomorrow! What did I miss while I was away?

JJP created a version without the monkey and charged way more for it!! That's what happened while you were away! lol

#13503 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

JJP created a version without the monkey and charged way more for it!! That's what happened while you were away! lol

As long as it’s yellow! Actually, the ybr edition is beautiful. I wish it included the helper monkey.

#13504 1 year ago

I have this problem. When I start the game, it stops and never loads. Anyone had the same and know what I need to do?

IMG_2422 (resized).jpegIMG_2422 (resized).jpeg
#13505 1 year ago
Quoted from Kungen:

I have this problem. When I start the game, it stops and never loads. Anyone had the same and know what I need to do?
[quoted image]

Download the full version of the WOZ software from JJP and reinstall.

#13506 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Very cool! Funny in the last week I crossed paths with two former WOZ owners on Pinside, and both expressed regret over selling their machines. It really is a beautiful work of art and engineering.

#13507 1 year ago

Ok Gents, joined the club unexpectedly today. machine is in great shape, however when I got it home its now stuck on a boot screen of sorts...the bottom of the screen says to press f2 or something to that effect...Where to look first here....everything at the rear of the bottom box is connected ..also which software update, I see several I was going to go with the full 7.04...thanks...seller said he never updated the machine and he purchased it new.....

#13508 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Ok Gents, joined the club unexpectedly today. machine is in great shape, however when I got it home its now stuck on a boot screen of sorts...the bottom of the screen says to press f2 or something to that effect...Where to look first here....everything at the rear of the bottom box is connected ..also which software update, I see several I was going to go with the full 7.04...thanks...seller said he never updated the machine and he purchased it new.....

Dead battery on the computer.

Run to WalMart and buy a new CR2430 (need to verify that) and put it on the motherboard where the old one is.
You'll need a keyboard plugged into the USB port to get into the BIOS to change the setting so it'll boot past whatever errors you are getting.

#13509 1 year ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Dead battery on the computer.
Run to WalMart and buy a new CR2430 (need to verify that) and put it on the motherboard where the old one is.
You'll need a keyboard plugged into the USB port to get into the BIOS to change the setting so it'll boot past whatever errors you are getting.

CR 2032, that was it...and updated to 7.04...seems to be working fine...What bulletproofing does this machine need? It has the 7.5 light boards it appears...everything else appears to be stock....

#13510 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

CR 2032, that was it...and updated to 7.04...seems to be working fine...What bulletproofing does this machine need? It has the 7.5 light boards it appears...everything else appears to be stock....

No bullet proofing but consider getting on the list for 2.0 boards as the others will fail eventually. Also, make sure you have the munchkin playfield cliffy installed. Otherwise, that area is prone to chipping.

#13511 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Joined unexpectedly today? That is what I call a shockingly GREAT freakin day, congrats

#13512 1 year ago

I hope they release another edition of this game.

#13513 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I hope they release another edition of this game.

Ultra limited "Blue Gingham" edition with custom blue and white checkered armor but now missing the 27" display, monkey, castle playfield, munchkinland playfield, and a new smaller display installed instead.

Limited to 250 units

$16995 get it while they last!

#13514 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

No bullet proofing but consider getting on the list for 2.0 boards as the others will fail eventually. Also, make sure you have the munchkin playfield cliffy installed. Otherwise, that area is prone to chipping.

Cliffy's ordered...I'll get on that list...

Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Joined unexpectedly today? That is what I call a shockingly GREAT freakin day, congrats

Craiglist ad popped up...then I was sucked in...but my girl loves the game so win win

#13515 1 year ago

anybody have issues with the doors not opening on the upper playfield, looks like i'll have to remove upper playfield to access mechs. doesn't look like a fun job either. just had to change out a dead power supply which i had to cut and splice some connectors then this happens next day. ugghhh.

#13516 1 year ago

So what the issue with the power supply boards failing? Is there a preventative solution for this? Does it affect all iterations of this machine or just certain versions? I also notice when the monkey is brining up the ball, it makes a whining noise near the top...does this need some servicing? It also seems to drop the ball half the time too....Thanks gents..

#13517 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

anybody have issues with the doors not opening on the upper playfield, looks like i'll have to remove upper playfield to access mechs. doesn't look like a fun job either. just had to change out a dead power supply which i had to cut and splice some connectors then this happens next day. ugghhh.

There are a few things that could cause this, there's a coil that activates to release them and one motor for each door. If neither opens I'd guess it's the coil not activating or the release mechanism isn't working properly. Taking that mini pf isn't a lot of fun but not really as bad as I thought it would be. Routing all the cables to stay out of the way when you put it back in was the biggest pain for me.

#13518 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

So what the issue with the power supply boards failing? Is there a preventative solution for this? Does it affect all iterations of this machine or just certain versions? I also notice when the monkey is brining up the ball, it makes a whining noise near the top...does this need some servicing? It also seems to drop the ball half the time too....Thanks gents..

You can try lubing the monkey shaft, use silicon grease it works great.

For the monkey not holding the ball put some electric tape on the magnet under the monkey it's the common fix. Other option is your balls are magnetized, change them

#13519 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

If the problem is not a fuse or broken/loose wire see how it functions in test mode.
In test you should hear clicking or whining of the motors if you have power.

Solve power issues before moving forwards on this.

Removing the castle playfield is quick and easy, follow the instructions near exactly from the manual.

Most of us that have done it can remove and replace in 15 mins.

Read up on this thread about castle door not opening:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-castle-doors-not-closing-fully

#13520 1 year ago

Back in the club with this beauty after being 2 years away. Our very first pin back in 2016.

E08647AF-9335-400E-9EAE-07CA8F404951 (resized).jpegE08647AF-9335-400E-9EAE-07CA8F404951 (resized).jpeg6C0F4B8A-522E-44D9-B8D9-1DE2170D3079 (resized).jpeg6C0F4B8A-522E-44D9-B8D9-1DE2170D3079 (resized).jpeg
#13521 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Back in the club with this beauty after being 2 years away. Our very first pin back in 2016.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful, and perfectly paired with a fine looking Wonka

#13522 1 year ago

Am I correct in that there is a waiting list for the 2.0 boards? I reached out to JJP with no response, so if true how does one get on that list? And any idea on production schedule? Probably been asked before, I know so sorry for that.

#13523 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Very nice looking machine.

#13524 1 year ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Am I correct in that there is a waiting list for the 2.0 boards? I reached out to JJP with no response, so if true how does one get on that list? And any idea on production schedule? Probably been asked before, I know so sorry for that.

You can email Ken directly [email protected] . He has always responded to me promptly. I got on the list 9 mos ago and checked in about a month ago to confirm they were still waiting. Ken confirmed that the waitlist will be taken care of before any kits will be made available for sale on their site (assuming that there are more than enough to take care of the list) so you do want to get on that list.

#13525 1 year ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

You can also email the whole team at [email protected] if you are not comfortable emailing directly to a specific person.
That is our catch-all email.

Ultimately, your best option is to submit a ticket at http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/ for the fastest response.

#13526 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Which edition is this? I thought it was the "Green edition" at first but then noticed the stainless wireforms..

#13527 1 year ago

Bring on the Lollypop Guild Edition!!!

#13528 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Which edition is this? I thought it was the "Green edition" at first but then noticed the stainless wireforms..

That seems to be the Green edition that was made for Automated services, a half way between the SE and ECLE. I like it a lot, I can't stand the apron with 30 signatures on the ECLE, although I wish I had a wood apron on my 75th

#13529 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

That seems to be the Green edition that was made for Automated services, a half way between the SE and ECLE. I like it a lot, I can't stand the apron with 30 signatures on the ECLE, although I wish I had a wood apron on my 75th

Yep, this. . It has the emerald powder coated rails and legs, shaker and Invisiglass.

#13530 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

I have a Green Edition but mine does not have stainless wireforms.

Would you like to trade aprons? Would love a wooden one with the signatures.

#13531 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Yep, this. . It has the emerald powder coated rails and legs, shaker and Invisiglass.

Quoted from Pinkitten:

Interesting. As mentioned, I have one too and my wireforms are green powdercoated..

#13532 1 year ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Download the full version of the WOZ software from JJP and reinstall.

Thankes but i have done this several times. But after the update this text shows up.
Any other suggestion or idea??

#13533 1 year ago
Quoted from Kungen:

Thankes but i have done this several times. But after the update this text shows up.
Any other suggestion or idea??

Is the dongle missing? There needs to be a USB dongle installed on the computer. Without it the game will not run. It's a copy protection thingy.

#13534 1 year ago

I just put these little coolers in:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1391-ravspec/06744-extended-play-coil-coolers-jjp-wizard-of-oz

They were super easy to install, however getting to the power tap connector is a big reach behind the rear of the playfield.

Its best and easiest to run the wire first with the playfield against the backbox and then lower it to the service position to install the fans.

Otherwise its quite a reach to install the fan screws. Much easier to just install the fan under the game as there are only 2 screws.

I ended up reaching the connector with one arm behind the playfield and the other in front of it (with the playfield leaning on the backbox) to effectively be able to seperate the molex connector to install the provided tap.

The provided wires and connectors are very high quality and snap together tightly.

I routed my wire along the main harness (big black hose) easily and used about 12 zip ties to get all the wires cleanly out of the way.

The fans really work well and they are super quiet!

No flipper fade, the flipper remain very powerful during the longest multiballs and the longest games.

In my opinion, you really need these on your game, they actually work.

#13535 1 year ago

Back with another question. It seems that the monkey magnet wire is getting stuck between the monkey bracket and the back of the cabinet. In test with the playfield pulled out into service position I can get the monkey to move all the way up and down but with playfield in it gets stuck halfway. It also is pretty tough to get the playfield back into the cabinet after having in service position. Is it normal for things to be this tight back there?

Also anyone who has upgraded their light boards I’d love to take your old serial cables off your hands if you have them while I wait for my 2.0 boards. Guess I missed the boat on the upcoming batch so I’m stuck with 1.0 boards for a while. TIA!

#13536 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I’d love to take your old serial cables off your hands if you have them while I wait for my 2.0 boards.

Pm sent

#13537 1 year ago

I’m trying to make my left Outlane not such a total drain. I can’t move the post in due to where the rail is. 9CD030CA-8417-4DF6-806E-D0A7058AFBC9 (resized).jpeg9CD030CA-8417-4DF6-806E-D0A7058AFBC9 (resized).jpeg2D4A6E2E-4797-47E3-B0EB-47386479971B (resized).jpeg2D4A6E2E-4797-47E3-B0EB-47386479971B (resized).jpegAny ideas?

#13538 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m trying to make my left Outlane not such a total drain. I can’t move the post in due to where the rail is. [quoted image][quoted image]Any ideas?

I believe I moved it in despite that tight fit, it just compresses the rubber ring a bit iirc.

#13539 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m trying to make my left Outlane not such a total drain. I can’t move the post in due to where the rail is. [quoted image][quoted image]Any ideas?

Remove the plastic next to it. There's another hole next to the one where the rail is screwed in. Move it there then the post will fit.

#13540 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

Remove the plastic next to it. There's another hole next to the one where the rail is screwed in. Move it there then the post will fit.

This

Not this

Quoted from prentice:

I believe I moved it in despite that tight fit, it just compresses the rubber ring a bit iirc.

#13541 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Remove the plastic, you will see that the flatrail is designed to go out more as the tab is supposed to be slotted, if not, dremel a slot into it.

The plastic wont line up as well, but its hardly noticable,

And yes the rubber gets a little compressed but it doesnt seem get cut after 1000's of plays.

Grease the monkey threaded rod as will as the witch threaded rod with silicone grease if you havent already.

A little goes a long way, it doesnt need gobs of grease falling into the cabinet.

#13542 1 year ago

So just curious about this woz. Looks like a standard to me but comes with ECLE certificate? Back of it says standard too. No wooden apron, green armor. Maybe seller doesn’t know?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/135106

#13543 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

So just curious about this woz. Looks like a standard to me but comes with ECLE certificate? Back of it says standard too. No wooden apron, green armor. Maybe seller doesn’t know?

That's a standard. Right down to the silver armor.
No plumb bob for 11.5?

#13544 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

He’s a friend of mine. I let him know.

#13545 1 year ago

A famous dude once said..."play better". lol I feel ur pain honestly. No answer.

#13546 1 year ago

#13547 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

This unit was so greased n gunked up, no choice other than to tear it down n clean.

And post in wrong thread ?

LTG : )

#13548 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

He’s a friend of mine. I let him know.

Interesting how he has a ecle certificate

#13549 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

And post in wrong thread ?
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd ! I scratched my head wondering why I've never seen that thing in my game. But wrong thread did not hit my mind

#13550 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Interesting how he has a ecle certificate

He said he called JJP and confirmed it was ECLE. Just an early version… I dunno. Seems really weird.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 16.95
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/271?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.