767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 306.
#13451 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Any ECLE owners install the 75th anniversary topper? Just realized the ecle prob has green and orange led for the stock topper so curious how that will look.

Here you go.

20220404_131815 (resized).jpg20220404_131815 (resized).jpg
#13452 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Any ECLE owners install the 75th anniversary topper? Just realized the ecle prob has green and orange led for the stock topper so curious how that will look.

Did the green one come with a factory topper? I can’t remember.

#13453 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Did the green one come with a factory topper? I can’t remember.

Yes

#13454 2 years ago

Need help finding a connector. Friend has a WOZ and apparently this got damaged. What’s the pin and connector so I can replace it for her PLEASE.

F94265FD-3A65-4CED-A1D8-3CC54FCDA61E (resized).jpegF94265FD-3A65-4CED-A1D8-3CC54FCDA61E (resized).jpeg
#13455 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Need help finding a connector. Friend has a WOZ and apparently this got damaged. What’s the pin and connector so I can replace it for her PLEASE.[quoted image]

Following.

#13456 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Need help finding a connector. Friend has a WOZ and apparently this got damaged. What’s the pin and connector so I can replace it for her PLEASE.[quoted image]

I believe the connector style is "JST".

#13457 2 years ago

I have a RR, but my basement ceiling is just a little too low for me to have its topper installed. Methinks that the ECLE topper might be shorter once installed. Can someone who has it installed measure from the top of backbox to top of ECLE topper?

If it fits, I may be in the market for a ECLE topper for my RR and do the opposite topper-swap. Thx!

Quoted from delt31:

#13458 2 years ago
Quoted from Baron_VonLoppnow:

I have a RR, but my basement ceiling is just a little too low for me to have its topper installed. Methinks that the ECLE topper might be shorter once installed. Can someone who has it installed measure from the top of backbox to top of ECLE topper?
If it fits, I may be in the market for a ECLE topper for my RR and do the opposite topper-swap. Thx!

9 inches from the flat surface on top of machine, to the top middle of topper.

#13459 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Still have a few left. Fill that dead space up top.

Mod - For Sale

PROFESSOR MARVEL ~ WIZARD OF OZ HEADER MOD ~PLAQUE

New “~The Mystical Magical Wonderful Wizard of OZ~
~Professor Marvel~
Wizard of OZ Header mod designed to go between the speakers on upper Head of Backbox.
Simple 1 second installation ...”

6 days ago

Anaheim, CA

Ericpinballfan

Just wanted to post pics of this mod. Looks like it came stock.. Very nice!

20220225_194435_resized (resized).jpg20220225_194435_resized (resized).jpg20220225_194511_resized (resized).jpg20220225_194511_resized (resized).jpg20220225_194533_resized (resized).jpg20220225_194533_resized (resized).jpg
#13460 2 years ago

Hi everyone I really want to get rid of this game but I can't because my son and daughter love it (I've always got the bloody hood up!!!)
So, can some one please help me with where the FFF I can find or buy a new Drop Target Assembly for our WOZ RR it keeps blowing F710. I've tried several things to keep it not blowing i.e. top left playfield out several times for mods and tweaks but now its time to replace The Wrinkie Drop Target Assembly just cant bloody find one.

The manual says - Item 3 Part Number 51-5021-00 ... nothing on JJP Web or anywhere else I can See!

Apparently you can't just change the coil so need the whole Assembly.

Any help appreciated.

#13461 2 years ago

Pretty sure you don’t need to change out the whole assembly. Have you tested the coil? It seems unlikely that the coil is the issue. Sounds like you have a short or a misadjusted switch or something. Time for some really careful visual evaluation and checks with a multimeter.

#13462 2 years ago
Quoted from MegadethHangar18:

Hi everyone I really want to get rid of this game but I can't because my son and daughter love it (I've always got the bloody hood up!!!)
So, can some one please help me with where the FFF I can find or buy a new Drop Target Assembly for our WOZ RR it keeps blowing F710. I've tried several things to keep it not blowing i.e. top left playfield out several times for mods and tweaks but now its time to replace The Wrinkie Drop Target Assembly just cant bloody find one.
The manual says - Item 3 Part Number 51-5021-00 ... nothing on JJP Web or anywhere else I can See!
Any help appreciated.

Yep, I had the same problem. The coil could not be removed separately. But JJP did have the Winkie coil assembly available when I called them. This was the fix for me when fuse 710 kept blowing.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-problem-fuse-710#post-6474707

#13463 2 years ago

Is the coil for the drop target really not removable? I’ve never really looked at it from that perspective.

FWIW, my WOZ was hot mess when I bought it. It took some steady work to shake out all of the issues (including installing the 2.0 lights), but since crossing the finish line on my list of inherited problems, this game has been rock solid. (Knock on wood.) I play it a lot and I think the only reason I’ve removed the glass in the past year has been to clean and wax.

#13464 2 years ago

The smaller "up" coil is not listed as a part, but its a standard magnet core coil used in lots of areas, like the latch to the doors and the lockdown arm actuator. Maybe its the same as those?

But it is listed as part of an assembly as was noted.

JJP might have a reference to it on their computer.

However the big "drop" coil is a standard coil

drop target (resized).jpgdrop target (resized).jpg

#13466 2 years ago

Not really.

I printed it out on my color printer on heavy glossy legal size paper at work, then went and had it spiral bound at fedex/kinkos for $45. Maybe more these days.

The paper cost the most and it did take a bit of toner, but didnt drain the carts.

Tip: print it at work so they can write off the office supplies.

#13467 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I printed it out on my color printer on heavy glossy legal size paper and had it spiral bound at fedex/kinkos for $45. Maybe more these days.
The paper cost the most and it did take a bit of toner, but didnt drain the carts.

Are they all the same size pages? I know some manuals have schematics and what not that make them different size pages and harder to bound at home.

#13468 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Are they all the same size pages? I know some manuals have schematics and what not that make them different size pages and harder to bound at home.

Yeah, its just long and big paper. The actual manual flips up on the long edge, but I just bound it on the right edge.

I just selected landscape, fit to page/double sided, on the printer so it would take the slightly smaller legal size.

It was confusing to me to get the "upside down" and "right side up" for odd and even pages to get it to flip up.

Im sure it could be done easily, i just didnt want to fool around with it.

At kinkos tell them to do the standard plastic clear cover and black back cover in legal size if they have it.

#13469 2 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Is the coil for the drop target really not removable?

Nope, the mini coil is riveted on the Woz assembly.

I initially ordered the drop target assembly from The Shadow. It is the same mini coil, and it's removable from the TS assembly.

But the WOZ assembly is different and basically impossible to just swap a separate coil onto the Woz assembly.

Totally lame the way it was made for Woz.

#13470 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Nope, the mini coil is riveted on the Woz assembly.
I initially ordered the drop target assembly from The Shadow. It is the same mini coil, and it's removable from the TS assembly.
But the WOZ assembly is different and basically impossible to just swap a separate coil onto the Woz assembly.
Totally lame the way it was made for Woz.

Without looking at it myself, couldn’t you just drill out the rivets, swap the coil and bolt the coil stop back in place?

#13471 2 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Without looking at it myself, couldn’t you just drill out the rivets, swap the coil and bolt the coil stop back in place?

Trust me, I tried. Very difficult to drill.

I struggled to reuse the original assembly using a dremel to remove the rivets.

It was a slow train wreck before my cheap ass had to finally admit defeat and order the proper assembly.

#13472 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Just wanted to give a quick thumbs-up to Ericpinballfan , I snagged one of the WOZ "Professor Marvel" magnetic plaques that goes between the upper speakers on the backbox, and it looks great. I realized my Wonka has a similar "Jersey Jack Pinball" plaque in the same location, so it is a fun way to fill that blank space (lord knows I can't stand having a square inch on the machine that isn't decked out somehow LOL). Truly is as easy as "installing" a fridge magnet, you just pop it up there.

Quoted from Rager170:

Just wanted to post pics of this mod. Looks like it came stock.. Very nice![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank You Both for the Great Pictures and Kind Words!!!

#13473 2 years ago

They were originally 100$ from JJP. So someone is trying to double their money, which is about right

#13474 2 years ago

The problem with the fuse F710 sounds like a short. Follow the wires and check the solder joints to make sure that there aren’t any unwanted connections.

#13475 2 years ago

So, I’ve got my sub woofer plugged in and what not…but no bass at all. I couldn’t find anything in settings about the external sub. Any ideas?

*edit: nm, I wasn’t using the correct plugs, ha! I got it now.*

#13476 2 years ago

Is the coil for the drop target really not removable? I’ve never really looked at it from that perspective.

100% not removable crazy hey, now I got to try find this bloody part, I can't find it anywhere!

#13477 2 years ago

The smaller "up" coil is not listed as a part, but its a standard magnet core coil used in lots of areas, like the latch to the doors and the lockdown arm actuator. Maybe its the same as those?
But it is listed as part of an assembly as was noted.
JJP might have a reference to it on their computer.
However the big "drop" coil is a standard coil

[quoted image]

Thanks for your help only thing is I cant find this part (23-0003-00 23-0003 Standard Coil) anywhere doesn't even show up on JJP's site!?!

#13478 2 years ago

Eleven and half hours later…got all the Cliffy’s all installed and replaced some rubbers with polyurethane bands and fixed the damn monkey that hasn’t worked for the entire five years I’ve had this game. Also installed hot air balloon mod, melting witch, bigger crystal ball, side art, and under cab lighting…oh, and the sub woofer! Ha! A65B4707-F773-4509-BF98-E297B147EC95 (resized).jpegA65B4707-F773-4509-BF98-E297B147EC95 (resized).jpeg0CAE2602-10A1-4553-B3C5-0861E34F1F5A (resized).jpeg0CAE2602-10A1-4553-B3C5-0861E34F1F5A (resized).jpeg

#13479 2 years ago

The threads are stripped on the cheap black screws.
It happens a lot on the low grade chinese "soft" steel.
You need to pry up on the screw or the nut while turning to get to a new thread.
I usually force my small diagonals (or micro flush cutter) under the screw head or the nut while turning the screw and hold the nut with a nut driver.
In this case I would try the diagonals under the nut as it will hold it from turning maybe.
Yes it looks like it takes 3 hands, but maybe not.
You can also dremel it off but it might melt everything (not advised at all!!!)

Just to circle back in this in the event others come across this in their game - nothing really worked until I used very sharp angled cutters and just snapped the nut and screw off while protecting the plastic. Worked in both with no issues. Thanks guys

#13480 2 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

The problem with the fuse F710 sounds like a short. Follow the wires and check the solder joints to make sure that there aren’t any unwanted connections.

The problem for me was the short occurred inside the mini coil as it heated during MTW.

It was very difficult to track down. Once I replaced the mini coil, the 710 fuse stopped blowing. I created an entire thread about it.

Of course it's still possible his problem could be caused by something else.

#13481 2 years ago

Recently cleaned and waxed the game and having unbelievable games. Like over 60 munchkin loops over 50 ybr's ,melted the witch today ( it's like a national holiday for me ) up to 3 diamonds. One game over 1,000,000 and several close to it. All in the last 10 to 15 plays.

Cheers

#13482 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just to circle back in this in the event others come across this in their game - nothing really worked until I used very sharp angled cutters and just snapped the nut and screw off while protecting the plastic. Worked in both with no issues. Thanks guys

I had to replace my screws after installing the Mezel mods flame pots. They were crap.
I just painted them with an oil based sharpie marker.

#13483 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Eleven and half hours later…got all the Cliffy’s all installed and replaced some rubbers with polyurethane bands and fixed the damn monkey that hasn’t worked for the entire five years I’ve had this game. Also installed hot air balloon mod, melting witch, bigger crystal ball, side art, and under cab lighting…oh, and the sub woofer! Ha! [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work, its an incredible game!

#13484 2 years ago
Quoted from MegadethHangar18:

Any help appreciated.

The coil reset assembly part number was given to me when I called JJP directly:

JJP Part Number 51-005020-00

Pinball life looks like it has the same part.

https://www.pinballlife.com/drop-target-knockdown-assembly-left.html

#13485 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

The coil reset assembly part number was given to me when I called JJP directly:
JJP Part Number 51-005020-00
Pinball life looks like it has the same part.
https://www.pinballlife.com/drop-target-knockdown-assembly-left.html

That looks exactly right.

#13486 2 years ago

That looks exactly right.

That's the one. Someone reached out last night and I pointed them to that one.

#13487 2 years ago

I have the data connector to the crystal ball that got off yesterday while playing, it's the one that's glued to the board behind the ball. I put it back but I should probably glue it.

How do you take off the glue that's already on it, and is there a specific type of glue I should use after ?

Thanks

#13488 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I have the data connector to the crystal ball that got off yesterday while playing, it's the one that's glued to the board behind the ball. I put it back but I should probably glue it.
How do you take off the glue that's already on it, and is there a specific type of glue I should use after ?
Thanks

Its hot glued on. Just scrape the old glue off with a plastic razor blade and re-hot glue it.

#13489 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

That's the one. Someone reached out last night and I pointed them to that one.

Thanks to All in this thread that helped point me in the right direction, I ordered the part last night from Pinball Life.
Really appreciate it people I just hope it bloody works!

#13490 2 years ago

Hey all. Just joined the club. Bought a buggy RR edition and I’ve worked my way through all the problems but just need to replace this connection. Anyone know the right connectors and pins? Also how to you crimp a pin this small? Would love to upgrade to the 2.0 light kit but it’s out of stock. Is that temporary or permanent? Thanks in advance!

C917E446-AE61-4392-B0FF-F053690B4350 (resized).jpegC917E446-AE61-4392-B0FF-F053690B4350 (resized).jpeg
#13491 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Hey all. Just joined the club. Bought a buggy RR edition and I’ve worked my way through all the problems but just need to replace this connection. Anyone know the right connectors and pins? Also how to you crimp a pin this small? Would love to upgrade to the 2.0 light kit but it’s out of stock. Is that temporary or permanent? Thanks in advance!
[quoted image]

This would be the crimping tool i would use for that:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078WNZ9FW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

Connector and housing i cant help. sry

#13492 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

[quoted image]

The 2.0 light kit is on backorder, but JJP is working through the process of getting more. You can email [email protected] to request getting on the list (I am on it, am expecting it to be a couple of more months but that is a total guess). Congrats on the RR, what a beautiful machine! Not sure about the connector you need, but sounds like you are close to having a nice ironed out WOZ

#13494 2 years ago

Selling a Pinstadium kit for WOZ if anyone is interested. $200 shipped, PM if interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinstadium-kit-for-wizard-of-oz-

Update: Sold

#13495 2 years ago

Hey guys - has anyone installed a noise suppressor for the static noise you can sometimes here? I’ve done this on my other jjp games. Where do you connect it though? It prob needs to connect inside the big grey box inside the machine not the head like the other jjp games. Is that right?

#13496 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hey guys - has anyone installed a noise suppressor for the static noise you can sometimes here? I’ve done this on my other jjp games. Where do you connect it though? It prob needs to connect inside the big grey box inside the machine not the head like the other jjp games. Is that right?

Yes there’s a ground loop isolator in the cabinet. I read that JJP’s wasn’t a reliable part, and I replaced mine with a $12 one from Amazon, which improved (attenuated) the loud pops during startup. Super easy to disconnect the old one and swap in new, plug and play.

#13497 2 years ago
Quoted from prentice:

Yes there’s a ground loop isolator in the cabinet. I read that JJP’s wasn’t a reliable part, and I replaced mine with a $12 one from Amazon, which improved (attenuated) the loud pops during startup. Super easy to disconnect the old one and swap in new, plug and play.

Thanks!

So that ground loop is inside that big grey box right or is it outside of that in the cab?

#13498 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks!
So that ground loop is inside that big grey box right or is it outside of that in the cab?

It's outside the box and connected to the audio output.

#13500 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

There’s also the static and popping/crackling issue associated with the headphone jack on JJPs. Might be worth trying disconnecting the one cable from the motherboard in the backbox as described here:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/jersey-jack-pinball-how-to-fix-popping-audio/

Might not apply to WOZ with the PC in the lower cabinet, but certainly applies to other JJPs. Do share if the Amazon filter helps on WOZ

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 91.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/270?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.