Topic Stats

• 10,006 posts
  • 541 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by TomN
  • Topic is favorited by 241 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,366 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Ball1 (resized).jpg
Screen (resized).jpg
Ball2 (resized).jpg
Screen2 (resized).jpg
52707863-FA40-4711-B0D6-A86FC912615C (resized).png
9E8A673B-D4AB-4D24-8ED8-FC55FCA034A0 (resized).jpeg
1DBF8770-DEB3-41A6-8DCD-B36943B16F21 (resized).jpeg
049469D1-DFE5-43B1-B5C7-41D3E0C289E8 (resized).jpeg
20200304_084910 (resized).jpg
C8C6E50A-7579-481C-A043-0E525F8E6A9F (resized).jpeg
Wizard of Oz Escape 094 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 081 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 064(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 052(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 046(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 037(1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10006 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 201.
#1301 3 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

I have had two different castle playfields and they both have been like that. It has been pretty hard for me to change the sensitivity. I found it easiest to bash down the doors and shoot the rescue loop to spot letters.

Just adjust the leaf contacts on the targets...

#1302 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

nice throne room shroud, (acrylic cover)

This is a great mod! And unrelated to yours, the flame pot mods: my friend said it looks like someone's give two hands worth of middle fingers lol! But both mods are great!

#1303 3 years ago

Just had my best game since getting WOZ! 470,000 points (not as good as the rest of you, but hey I'm an average player). Finally got a jewel for starting Haunted multiball. I had no idea what I was doing during it. It probably didn't help that I also started ECMB and Crystal Ball weak flippers at the same time. Man, what a rush and a blast!

#1304 3 years ago

Anyone ever have an issue where all the light boards stop working after the game sits in attract mode for a good chunk of time? Turned the game on yesterday to play but got side tracked. Came back after the game sat for probably 20 minutes and none of the boards were on. I had to reboot the game to get them working.

E: Also, I've noticed that the strength of my VUK's changes throughout the game. Any idea what would cause that? Crystal Ball VUK once shot the ball around the bend and onto the playfield. Recently, it popped the ball up and barely made it.

#1305 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Anyone ever have an issue where all the light boards stop working after the game sits in attract mode for a good chunk of time? Turned the game on yesterday to play but got side tracked. Came back after the game sat for probably 20 minutes and none of the boards were on. I had to reboot the game to get them working.
E: Also, I've noticed that the strength of my VUK's changes throughout the game. Any idea what would cause that? Crystal Ball VUK once shot the ball around the bend and onto the playfield. Recently, it popped the ball up and barely made it.

What's your software rev? Get the latest if you don't have it. For coil power...how is the power feed to your game?

#1306 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

What's your software rev? Get the latest if you don't have it. For coil power...how is the power feed to your game?

Running 6.06 already. Had it happen again today, except it wasn't in attract mode for long. Just turned the game on, let it sit for 2-3 minutes, and noticed the boards weren't lighting up.

I would assume the feed is fine - previous games I've had plugged in have never had any similar issues.

E: Any tips for reducing airballs off the Glinda target?

#1307 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

E: Any tips for reducing airballs off the Glinda target?

I've read that Drop Dead Foam works but haven't tried it myself yet (I bought it... just never installed it) --> http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=131&zenid=t30qtmd53eomu11cjg9kfmeo63

#1308 3 years ago

Nicoga, I wonder if the downstream LED boards are getting a bad signal. Since all of them are out, perhaps it is a bad connection on the first board in the chain. The manual can help you identify which one that is. Reseat the connectors. If that doesn't work, I would contact JJP Tech Support.

#1309 3 years ago

I just installed Titan translucent rings on my slingshots. Wow! They look fantastic! The light completely shines through which enhances the lighting effects for all the modes. Highly recommended.

#1310 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Nicoga, I wonder if the downstream LED boards are getting a bad signal. Since all of them are out, perhaps it is a bad connection on the first board in the chain. The manual can help you identify which one that is. Reseat the connectors. If that doesn't work, I would contact JJP Tech Support.

I should go and check all connections. Not sure why I didn't think of that at first, ha.

#1311 3 years ago

Check the connections at W6 and back at the controller.

#1312 3 years ago

There was one connector that felt a little loose, so I'm letting the game sit in attract mode for a bit. I really should look into that drop dead foam because it's airball city when I hit Glinda.

Also, I checked and adjusted coil power on all the VUKs. What I discovered is that when activating solo, they work fine. But during multiball, they aren't firing hard enough at the reduced strength I set. Not sure how to work around that. Just gotta work to find the sweet spot.

Oh while I'm thinking about it, the door on the castle playfield. What sort of precautions can I take to ensure that the doors don't take such a beating that they stop working right? Even today I noticed the right door was a bit aloof after it took a few hits.

Is there a way to reduce squeaking on the witch motor???

#1313 3 years ago

I used some drop dead foam on the Glinda target and it helps immensly.

#1314 3 years ago

I have the same witch motor squeaking. It seems to have gotten less with time.

#1315 3 years ago

Check your voltage level at the outlet where you have the game plugged in.

#1316 3 years ago

Does anyone know who has the WOZ target decal set on ebay [papakahuna], is he a pinsider under another name? Says that he/she is from Winnipeg.

#1317 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Check your voltage level at the outlet where you have the game plugged in.

I'll do this tonight.

Anyone have any tips for wiping down the playfield and waxing? I've got just under 100 games on it and want to wipe things down this weekend when I install my Cliffy's. I don't like having to take everything off for a cleaning. There's a lot of nooks and crannies on this game. I know it seems like a silly question, but it's something I tend to struggle with on every game I own. Everyone says "wax your playfield" and "wipe it down with Novus 1" regularly. I do that, but I'm never sure if I'm getting enough of the field. With plastics, mechanisms, and hidden spots galore, this pin is giving me the most anxiety when it comes to a good cleaning!

#1318 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Anyone have any tips for wiping down the playfield and waxing? I've got just under 100 games on it and want to wipe things down this weekend when I install my Cliffy's. I don't like having to take everything off for a cleaning. There's a lot of nooks and crannies on this game. I know it seems like a silly question, but it's something I tend to struggle with on every game I own. Everyone says "wax your playfield" and "wipe it down with Novus 1" regularly. I do that, but I'm never sure if I'm getting enough of the field. With plastics, mechanisms, and hidden spots galore, this pin is giving me the most anxiety when it comes to a good cleaning!

I'm going to be doing the same thing this weekend. I want to install the Munchkinland playfield protector. Then, I want to wax. I've held off waxing for now because I didn't want the ball flying around like crazy -- which usually happens for the first 30+ games after waxing -- while that playfield was unprotected.

I don't take things apart to wax. I just get the areas that are accessible. I think this is most people's approach from what I have gathered, unless they are doing a full shop. One thing I have found useful, however, is to cut a bit off of a Swiffer pad and duct tape it to the end of a plastic or wooden rod, making a nice padded tip. I spray the end with Novus 1 and then gently run it up and down hard to reach areas and lanes, like the opening to orbits. It doesn't go all the way, but you can get a bit more cleaning done that way.

#1319 3 years ago

I will say this machine definitely is work to clean. Having other machines now and past though, it's not too bad. And chalk me up as another one who is glad they put the munchkin land protector on. 830 plays and it was getting beat up. It also looks more appealing to me with the edge covered.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1320 3 years ago

I just took another look at the playfield. It doesn't seem like it would be too bad to wax. Most of the playfield is wide open. The mini playfields seem accessible enough. The only parts that aren't accessible are the orbit -- which you don't really see anyway -- and the area near the OZ lanes. As for the area near the OZ lanes, I'm going to try to wax if I can, but if not, I'm not sure it is a big deal. That area doesn't get a lot of action, and the coil there is fairly low power so the ball seems pretty gentle when it bounces around. Not like an area near pops or slings where there is a lot of fast action.

One question for everyone: How do you wax around the rollovers? Do you just wax over them as if they were a part of the playfield, or do you just go up to the edge as best you can? It would seem like an area where wax can accumulate.

#1321 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I just took another look at the playfield. It doesn't seem like it would be too bad to wax. Most of the playfield is wide open. The mini playfields seem accessible enough. The only parts that aren't accessible are the orbit -- which you don't really see anyway -- and the area near the OZ lanes. As for the area near the OZ lanes, I'm going to try to wax if I can, but if not, I'm not sure it is a big deal. That area doesn't get a lot of action, and the coil there is fairly low power so the ball seems pretty gentle when it bounces around. Not like an area near pops or slings where there is a lot of fast action.
One question for everyone: How do you wax around the rollovers? Do you just wax over them as if they were a part of the playfield, or do you just go up to the edge as best you can? It would seem like an area where wax can accumulate.

I just went around them best I could. I think i got a little on them hear and there and just wiped it off.

#1322 3 years ago

I removed the munchkinland playfield and installed the cliffy protector this morning. It was . . . difficult, but successful. I'm always surprised when I do something like this that the machine still works afterwards. . . .

#1323 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I'm always surprised when I do something like this that the machine still works afterwards. . . .

I spoke too soon. Hitting the left flipper button caused a flutter of white lights across the rainbow targets and several of the inserts. It gradually got worse and worse. Fiddling under the playfield seemed to fix the problem, but only temporarily. Diagnosing the issue, I discovered that if pressed the button just slightly so that the left flipper would trigger but not the munchkinland flipper, then the issue would not happen. So, it was being triggered by the munchkinland flipper. Eventually, I noticed that some of the wires to the lightboards go right past that flipper on the underside of the playfield. Those lightboards are early in the chain and can affect everything. I moved the wires out of the way of the flipper, thinking they must have gotten in the way while I was reassembling the playfield, and reseated the connectors. I've played 3 games, and it seems to be working. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. This is turning out to be a stressful day.

#1324 3 years ago

Your fix sounds correct fingers crossed it will be fine!

#1325 3 years ago

I put my Cliffy set on yesterday. The Winkie VUK was a bitch; no two ways about it. The screw that goes into the post behind the right ramp is nothing but a headache. I also only have a 1/4" and a 11/32" deep socket, so I I had a bear of a time with a few posts. I also lost the 2~#4 wood screws for the castle side walls. I think they got lost in the towels I was using to clean things and I tossed them. No biggie - I'll go buy some today.

Next step is the Munchkin Protector...

#1326 3 years ago

Hey all,

My father in law recently purchased a WOZ 75th edition - game is amazing! We were going to update his code from 4.11 to the latest. I have followed all the instructions exactly (formatted to Fat32, 16gb flash drive, used their program to flash the drive, etc.) - all that seemed to go smooth. However, when I insert the drive into the update port and start the machine, all I see is a blinking underscore in the top left corner of the monitor. I let it do this for about an hour with no change. Any thoughts on what is happening? What is supposed to display during update, is there any feedback other than the screen that says it is completed?

Appreciate any feedback!

#1327 3 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Hey all,
My father in law recently purchased a WOZ 75th edition - game is amazing! We were going to update his code from 4.11 to the latest. I have followed all the instructions exactly (formatted to Fat32, 16gb flash drive, used their program to flash the drive, etc.) - all that seemed to go smooth. However, when I insert the drive into the update port and start the machine, all I see is a blinking underscore in the top left corner of the monitor. I let it do this for about an hour with no change. Any thoughts on what is happening? What is supposed to display during update, is there any feedback other than the screen that says it is completed?
Appreciate any feedback!

Since you mention the other technical details... the one I would add is to verify the checksum on the download. If it isn't correct you'll need to download and verify again until it does. Then it should be as simple as defined in the manual.

Otherwise during the update you can definitely see progress updating but I don't recall exactly what it looks like.

#1328 3 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Since you mention the other technical details... the one I would add is to verify the checksum on the download. If it isn't correct you'll need to download and verify again until it does. Then it should be as simple as defined in the manual.
Otherwise during the update you can definitely see progress updating but I don't recall exactly what it looks like.

Yeah, forgot to mention. MD5 matches (see below). I guess I will just try to redo again and see.

➜ Desktop md5 -r WizardOfOz-autobuild-v5.05.iso
8a4a45aa5e73bc6b6c0060228f88b41c WizardOfOz-autobuild-v5.05.iso

#1329 3 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Yeah, forgot to mention. MD5 matches (see below). I guess I will just try to redo again and see.
➜ Desktop md5 -r WizardOfOz-autobuild-v5.05.iso
8a4a45aa5e73bc6b6c0060228f88b41c WizardOfOz-autobuild-v5.05.iso

There's a 6.06 update... Why not upgrade to that?

#1330 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

There's a 6.06 update... Why not upgrade to that?

Ha. nice. I did not see this. I googled woz pinball update and it took me to the v5.05 page

I will try the 6.06. Thanks!

#1331 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Your fix sounds correct fingers crossed it will be fine!

Thanks. Yes, I've played several more games, and it seems to be solved.

I'm having another problem resulting from the installation of the cliffy munchkinland protector. Now, when I plunge, about 50% or more of the time, the ball won't make it around to the pops. I've watched it carefully, and believe it is catching the right most edge of the cliffy protector, where it hangs over into the shooter lane. This rattles the ball and slows it considerably. Has anyone else experienced this, and what did you do? I'm thinking of loosening the three screws that hold the munchkinland playfield down by a few turns to see if that will raise it enough so that it is out of the way.

#1332 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Thanks. Yes, I've played several more games, and it seems to be solved.
I'm having another problem resulting from the installation of the cliffy munchkinland protector. Now, when I plunge, about 50% or more of the time, the ball won't make it around to the pops. I've watched it carefully, and believe it is catching the right most edge of the cliffy protector, where it hangs over into the shooter lane. This rattles the ball and slows it considerably. Has anyone else experienced this, and what did you do? I'm thinking of loosening the three screws that hold the munchkinland playfield down by a few turns to see if that will raise it enough so that it is out of the way.

Interesting. I did receive one flat head screw in my kit from Cliffy for this protector so I put it that area wondering about if that's why he included that or maybe was a mistake. Wondering is that going to be of help? Mine hasn't shown this issue FWIW. If still an issue you can get some spacers under the posts that hold that playfield up (place under the posts on main playfield) would be what I'd try. Hoping it's an easy solution for you!

#1333 3 years ago

Disregard my screw comment. I see that it's the corner of protector likely causing your issue. Spacing that upper playfield may help?

Pics for reference:

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1334 3 years ago

Finally got ALL of my protectors in! Waxed the playfield as well. Played a game and tested all the major shots and all works well! Glad that's over. Getting the Munchkin playfield out was a breeze compared to the damn Winkie VUK.

#1335 3 years ago

Thanks dmacy. Your pictures are spot on. That is exactly the trouble area. I think I just increased the reliability of the plunge to 80%, which is frankly where it was before I put the cliffy on. I loosened the 3 munchkinland hex screws by a few turns. I also noticed that the forked metal ramp in the shooter lane (I'm not sure what it is called) had a very steep angle at the beginning. I loosened the two screws and slid the two fork ends a bit to the right. After doing both things, I had several perfect plunges in a row, and I don't think I ever had a perfect plunge before that didn't feel just a slight bit sluggish. I still have a few balls that get hung up in that lane, but I can live with that. If it gets worse, I may try your suggestion about spacers, but I am in no mood to take that playfield off again anytime soon.

#1336 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Getting the Munchkin playfield out was a breeze compared to the damn Winkie VUK.

And that's why I won't be doing that.

#1337 3 years ago

I am going to log a ticket with JJP, but I am now running into this issue while updating to 6.06. Anyone have any ideas or seen this before?!?

image_(resized).jpeg

#1338 3 years ago

Any help would be amazing, as now the machine won't boot

#1339 3 years ago

The ISO you downloaded was incomplete. Redownload the ISO and verify the Md5 checksum on the site. Format your stick fat 32 and use unetbootin again. That's the cause.

#1340 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The ISO you downloaded was incomplete. Redownload the ISO and verify the Md5 checksum on the site. Format your stick fat 32 and use unetbootin again. That's the cause

Thanks. MD5 checked out. I tried a different USB drive and it seemed to work fine - not sure what the deal was with the other one (both are fat32). Thanks for the help!

#1341 3 years ago

So nice that Alex still checks thing out on here after all the flack at times. Thanks.

#1342 3 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Thanks. MD5 checked out. I tried a different USB drive and it seemed to work fine - not sure what the deal was with the other one (both are fat32). Thanks for the help!

i had a problem with one of the USB thumb drives as well, even though the drive seems to work fine on all other computers. the only difference i could find between that thumb drive and my other thumb drives was that it had been given a different "allocation unit" size when it was formatted (which as far as i know was done at the factory, not by me). I reformatted the drive with the default Windows allocation unit size and after that it worked.

you may try reformatting the drive in Windows and using the default allocation size.

#1343 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i had a problem with one of the USB thumb drives as well, even though the drive seems to work fine on all other computers. the only difference i could find between that thumb drive and my other thumb drives was that it had been given a different "allocation unit" size when it was formatted (which as far as i know was done at the factory, not by me). I reformatted the drive with the default Windows allocation unit size and after that it worked.
you may try reformatting the drive in Windows and using the default allocation size.

Hmm. Block size in theory shouldn't matter but when it comes to USB sticks I've seen more oddity than normalcy.

#1344 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

So nice that Alex still checks thing out on here after all the flack at times. Thanks.

Customers come first above all else. Always has been that way with me always will be. I've spoken to many of you in all corners of the globe at varying times day or night to help with game issues. Lloyd as well. Many of you have my cell to call when problems pop up and I always lend a hand.

That won't change regardless of whatever flack I take. I'm not a politician in any regard but I take customer happiness very seriously.

#1345 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Hmm. Block size in theory shouldn't matter but when it comes to USB sticks I've seen more oddity than normalcy.

yeah i agree. and the stick worked everywhere except in my WOZ until i reformatted it. i have no explanation.

#1346 3 years ago

The more I play this game, the more I question people who hate on it. The theme isn't for everyone, but the layout is awesome and unique. And the rules? Holy wow the rules. It feels like Keith took the rules for LOTR and TSPP and threw them in a blender. There's so many small goals to work towards that keep each game fresh, but the big picture (melting the witch mini-wizard and SOTR wizard) are so grandiose in scale that it blows my mind to hear someone say the game is all bling and nothing else.

I can see someone saying the rules are "too complex" at first, but after you break them down, it becomes a LOT more digestible. I FINALLY figured out how Rescue Multiball works with adding locked balls and such (now that I know how it works, my mind is blown at the simplicitiy). I'm still learning how to stack modes (I had ECMB and a Lights Out Scoring stacked yesterday, and I feel like I had a Munchkin Mode going during that, too?), so that's my next big "goal". I'm also getting to the point where I'm trying to understand how to complete modes versus how to start them. It's a really awesome feeling.

I really hope that the people who wrote WOZ off as nothing but a pretty toy have tried to give the game an honest review after the fact. I mean hell - I HATED LOTR at first. Once I sat down and watched the PAPA Valinor video and REALLY read the rules, I immediately saw the magic in that whole package. I want WOZ to get it's TWD moment (you know, since everyone pretty much hated that game until it got it's "code update") and don't understand why it hasn't yet.

#1347 3 years ago

People who own it know. Those who wrote it off refuse to admit they're wrong.

#1348 3 years ago

I havent even seen WOZ (the movie) all the way through. Theme is fine (but not something I am really into) but the game itself is amazing. There are some who just can't get past the theme, their loss I guess.

#1349 3 years ago

Played a few games over lunch - first time I've seen a Munchkin Multiplier. How do I get those? Made my Munchkin mode worth like 180k.

#1350 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Played a few games over lunch - first time I've seen a Munchkin Multiplier. How do I get those? Made my Munchkin mode worth like 180k.

Horse of a different color shot behind the upper right flipper. Hit that when you have a full stable of all different colored horses or all the same color and it's a "win". A win gets you 0.5 added to the multiplier for munchkin modes. It's applied during bonus.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 10006 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside