image (resized).jpg
767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 306.
#13401 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I've owned my RR WOZ 2019 re-release for about a year and NEVER tried headphones until tonight. WOW! What a difference! I could hear everything... even the flying moneys chattering! Amazing. If you have never tried headphones, go do it!
I'm not sure why so many people say the volume isn't loud enough. I put it as high as it goes and it was way too loud. There must be a big change in volume capabilities when JJP started using this newer headphone jack and volume control.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Always the headphone volume was linked to the main volume.

#13402 2 years ago

I am newer owner of an ECLE and absolutely LOVE the game. The one "thing" that has happened a few times that puzzles me is that when I have multiball and a couple of balls get sent to the castle VUK area, the Winkie target resets (raises up), one ball is sent to the upper playfield, but the other ball rolls down against the back of the Winkie target. When I finally loose one ball, the other is still stuck until the machine cycles through and fires all of the coils to "find" the lost ball ... the Winkie target finally drops, releases the ball, and then all is back to normal. Does this happen to others ... is there a "fix" or is this just a minor quirk with this machine?

#13403 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

I am newer owner of an ECLE and absolutely LOVE the game. The one "thing" that has happened a few times that puzzles me is that when I have multiball and a couple of balls get sent to the castle VUK area, the Winkie target resets (raises up), one ball is sent to the upper playfield, but the other ball rolls down against the back of the Winkie target. When I finally loose one ball, the other is still stuck until the machine cycles through and fires all of the coils to "find" the lost ball ... the Winkie target finally drops, releases the ball, and then all is back to normal. Does this happen to others ... is there a "fix" or is this just a minor quirk with this machine?

It happens. Nothing to fix.

#13404 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It happens. Nothing to fix.

Thanks, good to know, does not happen frequently anyway

#13405 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I've owned my RR WOZ 2019 re-release for about a year and NEVER tried headphones until tonight. WOW! What a difference! I could hear everything... even the flying moneys chattering! Amazing. If you have never tried headphones, go do it!
I'm not sure why so many people say the volume isn't loud enough. I put it as high as it goes and it was way too loud. There must be a big change in volume capabilities when JJP started using this newer headphone jack and volume control.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

yea maybe. My headphone jack doesn't look like that. And mine does not go loud enough.

I actually dont remember the headphone volume coming up on the screen either. Maybe I overlooked it.

#13406 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

yea maybe. My headphone jack doesn't look like that. And mine does not go loud enough.
I actually dont remember the headphone volume coming up on the screen either. Maybe I overlooked it.

On the original games, the headphone volume has led light indicators, in the upper right corner of the coin door, by pushing the button.

You can raise the volume up or down. It doesnt indicate on the screen, however main volume affects the headphone volume.

Cranking up the game volume will raise the headphone volume.

Im using a headphone amplifier because I didnt like the disparity between the loud game volume and the headphone volume.

I would rather leave the game volume alone and just adjust the headphone amp.

One of the buttons mutes the game speakers.

You can also get headphones with volume adjustment on them.

A headphone amplifier will also give you gain adjustment if you get that feature on it.

Big powerful headphones might need amplification if they dont gave a gain feature.

#13407 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

On the original games, the headphone volume has led light indicators, in the upper right corner of the coin door, by pushing the button.
You can raise the volume up or down. It doesnt indicate on the screen, however main volume affects the headphone volume.
Im using a headphone amplifier because I didnt like the disparity between the loud game volume and the headphone volume.
A headphone amplifier will also give you gain adjustment if you get that feature on it.
Big powerful headphones might need amplification if they dont gave a gain feature.

Yes, i have the same volume jack with the LED indicators as well like you mention. But, what exactly is the point of cranking up the machine volume while using the headphones? Wouldnt the point of headphones be so that you turn down the actual game volume so others dont hear it?

The headphones I have do have a volume setting but again, still dont go high enough.. Close, but not enough.

Yes, you advised me on the headphone amplifier the other day but it would just be so much easier to do it in game somehow.

#13408 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yes, i have the same volume jack with the LED indicators as well like you mention. But, what exactly is the point of cranking up the machine volume while using the headphones? Wouldnt the point of headphones be so that you turn down the actual game volume so others dont hear it?
The headphones I have do have a volume setting but again, still dont go high enough.. Close, but not enough.
Yes, you advised me on the headphone amplifier the other day but it would just be so much easier to do it in game somehow.

you mute the game speakers by hitting the mute button.

Oddly the insertion of the headphone into the game does not automatically mute the game speakers like on other equipment

Also the game does not save the coin door settings if you power down the game.

So, use the coin door mute button if using headphones.

#13409 2 years ago

you mute the game speakers by hitting the mute button.
Then you only have the headphone sound.

Ok, so let me get this straight..

The trick is, to jack up the game volume, then mute it and the headphones should be where I want them.. essentially?

If thats true, it sounds like horrible programming for the headphones lol.

#13410 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok, so let me get this straight..
The trick is, to jack up the game volume, then mute it and the headphones should be where I want them.. essentially?
If thats true, it sounds like horrible programming for the headphones lol.

It "is" what it is...

While muted, the inside door volume control will give you more control than the up and down button on the outside volume adjustment control.

Deal with it or get a headphone amp.

I bought an amp. But I wanted more bass as well as gain.

#13411 2 years ago

It "is" what it is...
While muted, the inside door volume control will give you more control than the up and down button on the outside control.
Deal with it or get a headphone amp.
I bought an amp.

haha i hear ya. Thanks.

Another question just to understand. So, with the headphones plugged in, I can increase the headphone volume, using the volume controls inside the machine, while muted.?

#13412 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

haha i hear ya. Thanks.
Another question just to understand. So, with the headphones plugged in, I can increase the headphone volume, using the volume controls inside the machine, while muted.?

yes, try it.

#13413 2 years ago

Will do. Thanks again for the help.

#13414 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Will do. Thanks again for the help.

Are you saying that the volume up and down buttons above the headphone jack have no affect?
I find that they are sufficient and produce plenty of volume.

I have pretty good Sennheiser phones but still I wanted a bit more bass.

#13415 2 years ago

Are you saying that the volume up and down buttons above the headphone jack have no affect?

Both the inside AND outside volume adjustments have an effect. So what's being said is that if you are maxed out on the outside controls and your headphone volume is still too low, just open the door and increase the game volume with the inside buttons. Just remember that when you unmute it may be loud as heck.

#13416 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Both the inside AND outside volume adjustments have an effect. So what's being said is that if you are maxed out on the outside controls and your headphone volume is still too low, just open the door and increase the game volume with the inside buttons. Just remember that when you unmute it may be loud as heck.

this is very true.

More on this issue here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-low-headphone-volume

Again, I bought a headphone amp and all is well in the world.

I move it from game to game and never adjust the games main volumes.

#13417 2 years ago

I have Sennheiser phones also. My headphone jack volume is maxed out..

#13418 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yes, this is my issue.. And yes, I will have to remember to turn it back down lol

#13419 2 years ago

On my WOZ RR the headphone volume also controls the main volume when headphones are not plugged in. And, the audio only goes through the headphones when they're plugged in... it doesn't also go through the pinball games speakers. It's automatically muted. I guess JJP fixed their headphone design in the 2019 re-release?

#13420 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

On my WOZ RR the headphone volume also controls the main volume when headphones are not plugged in. And, the audio only goes through the headphones when they're plugged in... it doesn't not also go through the pinball games speakers. Why would it? That'd be kind of defeating the point of wearing headphones right? You're maybe trying not to disturb people with the noise late at night so you wear headphones.

Thats how my Wonka works, but not my WOZ.. Assuming you have a newer build?

And you are correct, its stupid to have it play audio from the cabinet as well as the headphones.

#13421 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thats how my Wonka works, but not my WOZ.. Assuming you have a newer build?

yes my rr woz was made in 2019

1 week later
#13422 2 years ago

Still have a few left. Fill that dead space up top.

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “~The Mystical Magical Wonderful Wizard of OZ~ ~Professor Marvel~ Wizard of OZ Header mod designed to go between the speakers on upper Head of Backbox. Simple 1 second installation ...”
2022-05-14
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 55 days
Viewed: 725 times
Contributed to Pinside

#13423 2 years ago

Owners that have the 75th topper - are there holes on the bottom so it stays locked in? Haven’t installed the one I just got yet but it doesn’t. Is that normal?

DEACA61E-3797-4C9B-B8CB-314BAEA795D1 (resized).jpegDEACA61E-3797-4C9B-B8CB-314BAEA795D1 (resized).jpegE17B71A9-5C33-4613-BCEC-77666F82839B (resized).jpegE17B71A9-5C33-4613-BCEC-77666F82839B (resized).jpeg
#13424 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Owners that have the 75th topper - are there holes on the bottom so it stays locked in? Haven’t installed the one I just got yet but it doesn’t. Is that normal?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes there are holes. It looks like yours is cut short by a quarter of an inch or so at the bottom.

#13425 2 years ago

So I’ve never seen this before. For the life of me, I can’t get these nuts off of these black screws. I’ve installed this fire pot mod 4 times and never seen this.

I can hold the nuts and I can turn the screws to the left. Screw is moving fine and the nut not going anywhere. Problem is the nut doesn’t come off. I tried the opposite way, sprayed wd40, still nothing

Anyone have any suggestions on getting these screws out? After an hour and a half I’ve given up

5C91C823-6054-4EBB-8063-DD54E6809C11 (resized).jpeg5C91C823-6054-4EBB-8063-DD54E6809C11 (resized).jpegDEB35D9D-4EC1-4B9C-8E55-E1855D0E9C6F (resized).jpegDEB35D9D-4EC1-4B9C-8E55-E1855D0E9C6F (resized).jpeg
#13426 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I’ve never seen this before. For the life of me, I can’t get these nuts off of these black screws. I’ve installed this fire pot mod 4 times and never seen this.
I can hold the nuts and I can turn the screws to the left. Screw is moving fine and the nut not going anywhere. Problem is the nut doesn’t come off. I tried the opposite way, sprayed wd40, still nothing
Anyone have any suggestions on getting these screws out? After an hour and a half I’ve given up

The threads are stripped on the cheap black screws.
It happens a lot on the low grade chinese "soft" steel.

You need to pry up on the screw or the nut while turning to get to a new thread.

I usually force my small diagonals (or micro flush cutter) under the screw head or the nut while turning the screw and hold the nut with a nut driver.
In this case I would try the diagonals under the nut as it will hold it from turning maybe.

Yes it looks like it takes 3 hands, but maybe not.

You can also dremel it off but it might melt everything (not advised at all!!!)

#13427 2 years ago

Hack saw

#13428 2 years ago

Put a wet paper towel on the inside, on the backside of the nut.

Slice it through the center vertically, with a dremel fiberglass wheel, to cut the nuts into 2 halves?

Using diagonals has never failed me though.

#13429 2 years ago

Just clamp those nuts with vice grips on the back and use the correct nut driver on the front to break them loose. Replace the damaged nuts, if necessary. Be careful not to scratch or break the plastic

#13430 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Just clamp those nuts with vice grips on the back and use the correct nut driver on the front to break them loose. Replace the damaged nuts, if necessary. Be careful not to scratch or break the plastic

Screws are stripped in the nuts.

Maybe use needle vise grip to lock onto the nut, to pull on it while turning the screw.

#13431 2 years ago

Screws are stripped in the nuts.
Maybe use needle vise grip to lock onto the nut, to pull on it while turning the screw.

Tried with needle nose players to hold it but didn’t work. It’s so small hard to get a bigger grip. Do you think it’s best to do it that way (grip it and pull away while turning the screw the opposite way)? I guess I’ll try that first method which sounds like I push up on the screw or nut while turning screws and holding that nut.

#13432 2 years ago

Worst case, bust out the Dremel with carbon fiber cutoff wheel. Will slice through those nuts like butter. Be ultra careful as a Dremel can easily take your finger off

#13433 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Tried with needle nose players to hold it but didn’t work. It’s so small hard to get a bigger grip. Do you think it’s best to do it that way (grip it and pull away while turning the screw the opposite way)? I guess I’ll try that first method which sounds like I push up on the screw or nut while turning screws and holding that nut.

Yes, I think thats the best approach.

Using diagonals, with their angled cutting edges, works the best for me, as it puts continuous pressure in an upward motion to try to get a new thread started.

Plus, you can lean into it with the tool to get a little more upwards pressure.

The only pliers I can think to use are the Vampliers.
https://www.amazon.com/Professional-International-Vampliers-Portable-Extraction/dp/B006YJKAPQ

#13434 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Worst case, bust out the Dremel with carbon fiber cutoff wheel. Will slice through those nuts like butter. Be ultra careful as a Dremel can easily take your finger off

It may also get hot, melt the plastic and slip and ruin the artwork if not extremely careful.
Tape everything with 2 or 3 layers of masking tape in case of slips.

#13435 2 years ago

Thanks guys! I’ll try it out. In the meantime, I was going to buy new screws and nuts. Seem extremely small and in the past I’ve gone to big stores like Home Depot and they don’t have it.

Anyone have the exact size of the screw and bolt Bc I’ll order now.

#13436 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Needle nose vise grips are another option, you can really clamp them on and then twist / pry the nut outward while turning the screw. I've had a really small pair for decades and they come in really handy for stuff like this.

#13437 2 years ago

Should a WOZ Ruby Red reset in terms of lifetime plays with a code update? Manufactured in 2017. Thanks for the assistance.

#13438 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Should a WOZ Ruby Red reset in terms of lifetime plays with a code update? Manufactured in 2017. Thanks for the assistance.

Yes.

#13439 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Backup your settings and scores before doing any updates.

Its quick and easy. I back up my scores every time I beat them.

#13440 2 years ago

Having a strange issue with my WoZ. I can turn on game, it boots up, goes into attract mode. I cannot toggle through attract mode with flippers, I also cannot start a game. Every time I hit start, nothing happens. Anyone have any ideas?

#13441 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Having a strange issue with my WoZ. I can turn on game, it boots up, goes into attract mode. I cannot toggle through attract mode with flippers, I also cannot start a game. Every time I hit start, nothing happens. Anyone have any ideas?

Check connectors in cabinet, by coin door, and near boards. One may have come loose and needs to be reseated.

#13442 2 years ago

Cool I’ll do that. I can’t even use the test menu buttons in coin door. Something must be loose.

#13443 2 years ago

Anyone hear any updates on new 2.0 lightboard kits? Were supposed to be coming sometime this month.

#13444 2 years ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Anyone hear any updates on new 2.0 lightboard kits? Were supposed to be coming sometime this month.

No, and I asked someone to look into this at TPF with no answer.

#13445 2 years ago

Anyone hear anything about the new run of the version 2.0 light boards? I thought they were nearing completion?

#13446 2 years ago

Not everything for the kits is in yet but it should be soon from what I'm hearing.

#13447 2 years ago

Does Anyone know the exact size of that screw and bolt that holds the wizard by the saucer? Need to buy extra and I know it’s very very small

#13448 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Does Anyone know the exact size of that screw and bolt that holds the wizard by the saucer? Need to buy extra and I know it’s very very small

You speaking of the Oz Head, the two screws and nuts that hold the acrylic piece to the bracket? If so 4-40 x1/2" HWS MS, black (Part# 80-2104-08)

B742E809-A695-4130-BEB2-23E6505EE0A5 (resized).jpegB742E809-A695-4130-BEB2-23E6505EE0A5 (resized).jpeg
#13449 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:Made of tough ABS plastic. The strong plastic is needed to handle the laser engraving process.
Thanks by the way. I neglected to put that in my listing.
Here's a link with more detail.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1164-mod-magic/05828-professor-marvel-wizard-of-oz-header-mod-plaque

Just wanted to give a quick thumbs-up to Ericpinballfan , I snagged one of the WOZ "Professor Marvel" magnetic plaques that goes between the upper speakers on the backbox, and it looks great. I realized my Wonka has a similar "Jersey Jack Pinball" plaque in the same location, so it is a fun way to fill that blank space (lord knows I can't stand having a square inch on the machine that isn't decked out somehow LOL). Truly is as easy as "installing" a fridge magnet, you just pop it up there.

IMG_7561 (resized).JPGIMG_7561 (resized).JPGIMG_7562 (resized).JPGIMG_7562 (resized).JPGIMG_7563 (resized).JPGIMG_7563 (resized).JPG
#13450 2 years ago

Any ECLE owners install the 75th anniversary topper? Just realized the ecle prob has green and orange led for the stock topper so curious how that will look.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
There are 15,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/269?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.