20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 306.
#13051 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Noticed some wear on upper playfield. Any suggestions to prevent worsening?[quoted image]

Immediately install the cliffy for the edge.

Tape of the black with electrical tape.

Color in the missing black with a 1.5mm molotow black paint marker,

Or a fine tip black oil base sharpie paint pen.

The repair will be seamless and no one will see it.

#13052 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Noticed some wear on upper playfield. Any suggestions to prevent worsening?[quoted image]

im not seeing anything in this pic. Except for wax buildup?

#13053 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I noticed this too. I ordered a set and received a Jurassic Park set. So I'm wondering if there is an issue with the item numbers. Still waiting for a response from Joe at Pingraffix.

Interesting thanks. Please reply back once you know...

#13054 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

im not seeing anything in this pic. Except for wax buildup?

There’s a chip at the edge to the left of the triangular insert.

#13055 2 years ago

How many of each - standard, Emerald, Ruby’s, and YBR’s were made?

#13056 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

HI all,
I was curious if anyone could tell me what the difference between these pinblades are? The two listings show Holograffix but the pictures look different. Price is the same. Then I assume the other one is the standard pinblades...
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/official-jjp-wizard-of-oz-pinblades-holograffix
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/official-jjp-wizard-of-oz-pinblades-holograffix
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/official-jjp-wizard-of-oz-pinblades-holograffix-1

Hey sorry about that. I fixed the links.

@Insight I sent you a PM.

#13057 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Immediately install the cliffy for the edge.
Tape of the black with electrical tape.
Color in the missing black with a 1.5mm molotow black paint marker,
Or a fine tip black oil base sharpie paint pen.
The repair will be seamless and no one will see it.

Awesome thanks for the advice

#13059 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Gouveia is producing only 21 more monkey mods. You better act fast if you want one.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/106#post-6627588

It’s not for WoZ

#13060 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

It’s not for WoZ

The 21 monkeys he currently has are for WoZ, but the next mod is for another pin from what I understand.

#13061 2 years ago

I need help. Bought a woz. It was working fine, played great except the Worlds Fair bumper coil bracket had actually snapped off. So, with some help we rebuilt the flippers, and all four pops. I then on my own installed a Pinball Mod Flaming Witch and a Back Alley wall set. Oh, and re-rubbered the game. The witch seems to test just fine but here is the problem: The game has gone insane! When you hit player start, it posts a score and then starts its own thing. The house spins half a turn. The automatic plunger strikes, RESCUE flashes on the screen, followed by Multi-Ball, Toto barks, but nothing works i.e., the flippers and pops. This continues as if the machine is on an acid trip. Please thoughts, suggestions.

#13062 2 years ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

I need help. Bought a woz. It was working fine, played great except the Worlds Fair bumper coil bracket had actually snapped off. So, with some help we rebuilt the flippers, and all four pops. I then on my own installed a Pinball Mod Flaming Witch and a Back Alley wall set. Oh, and re-rubbered the game. The witch seems to test just fine but here is the problem: The game has gone insane! When you hit player start, it posts a score and then starts its own thing. The house spins half a turn. The automatic plunger strikes, RESCUE flashes on the screen, followed by Multi-Ball, Toto barks, but nothing works i.e., the flippers and pops. This continues as if the machine is on an acid trip. Please thoughts, suggestions.

Check the connector on the back of the crystal ball monitor. It needs to be seated down tightly on its pins. There is a ground wire in that connector that runs back to the I/O board and can cause random problems. At the factory they put hot glue on it to hold it in place.

#13063 2 years ago

You are the God of pinball. That was the problem! Seriously, thank you, thank you.

#13064 2 years ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

You are the God of pinball. That was the problem! Seriously, thank you, thank you.

No problem; glad I could help.

#13065 2 years ago

woz is dead..... started talking with jjp to see what to do, and since around halloween haven't been able to get a response back. he asked me to send pics of the mpu, which i did, then ...nothing. been at least 2-3 weeks now. 2 emails from me with no response.

#13066 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

woz is dead..... started talking with jjp to see what to do, and since around halloween haven't been able to get a response back. he asked me to send pics of the mpu, which i did, then ...nothing. been at least 2-3 weeks now. 2 emails from me with no response.

What’s wrong with it, just no power? Did you do the jumpstart, which is common in JJP’s I believe. You have to bridge a jumper with a paperclip if I recall properly.

#13067 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

What’s wrong with it, just no power? Did you do the jumpstart, which is common in JJP’s I believe. You have to bridge a jumper with a paperclip if I recall properly.

yeah that did nothing

#13068 2 years ago

Have you replaced that power supply?

#13069 2 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

Have you replaced that power supply?

tried new power supply, jumped pins, now mpu fan will kick on, but with jumper only, and still no signal to screen.

#13070 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

tried new power supply, jumped pins, now mpu fan will kick on, but with jumper only, and still no signal to screen.

Assuming screen works. If you don't get the JJP logo splash screen, the motherboard isn't booting.

LTG : )

#13071 2 years ago

Sure wish those 2.0 light board sets would come in...anyone hear anything yet?

#13072 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I would honestly see if you can buy a new motherboard set up from JJP. That’s what I did to bring my Wizard of Oz back to life and I have no issues.

#13073 2 years ago

yeah im thinking power supply went bad and took out cpu too. less than 250 games . bought new!

#13074 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

yeah im thinking power supply went bad and took out cpu too. less than 250 games . bought new!

That’s what happened to mine. I had the power supply go out, and take out the motherboard CPU and RAM. I replaced everything in the game runs perfect now. The staff at JJP took very good care of me.

#13075 2 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

That’s what happened to mine. I had the power supply go out, and take out the motherboard CPU and RAM. I replaced everything in the game runs perfect now. The staff at JJP took very good care of me.

i wish i could get them to take care of me, instead of repair replies once a month....... at this rate, maybe i'll have the game up and going by 2024. crickets for over 3 weeks now.

#13076 2 years ago

I’m thinking about jumping up in nature to and adding under cabinet lighting to my jersey jack machines. Has anybody done it and is it easy to set up?

#13077 2 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I’m thinking about jumping up in nature to and adding under cabinet lighting to my jersey jack machines. Has anybody done it and is it easy to set up?

I have a WOZ, bought nib. I put red led under cab lights on it. I got them from Mezel Mods. JJP plug-ins are special, check them out.

#13078 2 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

Yes, it is easy. They also have good on line instructions.

#13079 2 years ago

Very happy to have become a member this weekend! Picked up an absolutely beautiful Ruby Red 75th edition this weekend from our local distributor. It was delivered Monday evening, and had soooo much fun playing the 4 games we had time for that night. Fired her up when I got home from work yesterday, and crap....... I fell victim to the dreaded led board failure. The entire bottom half of the playfield went dark as it was booting up. It displayed a short error message about communications and checking cables etc, but I can't retrieve that message now, as I haven't figured out if I can or not. Anyway, spent a lot of time reading here, and I will be tracking down the culprit board tonight and looking to order a new one. I called JJP, and got added to the waiting list for the 2.0 boards, ( behind quite a few others I'm sure ). With any luck, I'll find it, isolate it, and disable it so I can continue to play. Other than the board issue, which I was aware existed prior to byuing the game, I think it's a fantastic game and glad to have it in my collection!

#13080 2 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Very happy to have become a member this weekend! Picked up an absolutely beautiful Ruby Red 75th edition this weekend from our local distributor. It was delivered Monday evening, and had soooo much fun playing the 4 games we had time for that night. Fired her up when I got home from work yesterday, and crap....... I fell victim to the dreaded led board failure. The entire bottom half of the playfield went dark as it was booting up. It displayed a short error message about communications and checking cables etc, but I can't retrieve that message now, as I haven't figured out if I can or not. Anyway, spent a lot of time reading here, and I will be tracking down the culprit board tonight and looking to order a new one. I called JJP, and got added to the waiting list for the 2.0 boards, ( behind quite a few others I'm sure ). With any luck, I'll find it, isolate it, and disable it so I can continue to play. Other than the board issue, which I was aware existed prior to byuing the game, I think it's a fantastic game and glad to have it in my collection!

That sucks. My WOZ has been turned off for around 8 months now. Others will come over to flip around and don't mind the lights being bonkers, but for me, I really depend on the lights to know progress through modes. I've been on the 2.0 board list for what seems like forever. Any update from JJP on the kits coming in? Maybe I'll have time to properly diagnose the problem over the Holidays; I suspect the cable connectors are fatigued and make poor contact, and a couple of the LED individual colors may be weak or flaky.

#13081 2 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Congrats on the new game. Sorry that happened. Try checking all the connectors to the last working board and the first non-working one. Reseat them. Best case, something may have just come loose in transit or your first few games. Worth a try.

#13082 2 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Grab the giant hoses of wires and move them around a bit.

The lights may come on.

the wal-nut connections might be flakey.

#13083 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

That sucks. My WOZ has been turned off for around 8 months now. Others will come over to flip around and don't mind the lights being bonkers, but for me, I really depend on the lights to know progress through modes. I've been on the 2.0 board list for what seems like forever. Any update from JJP on the kits coming in? Maybe I'll have time to properly diagnose the problem over the Holidays; I suspect the cable connectors are fatigued and make poor contact, and a couple of the LED individual colors may be weak or flaky.

Well, unfortuntely what Ken at JJP told me was, they are planniing on shipping at the end of 1st quarter 2022.

#13084 2 years ago

Thank you guys for the suggestions. I will check them out tonight. pinballinreno , I don't understand what you mean, 'wal-nut" connections?

#13085 2 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Thank you guys for the suggestions. I will check them out tonight. pinballinreno , I don't understand what you mean, 'wal-nut" connections?

The harnesses are bundled together with tons of little plastic connectors called wal-nuts.

You will see them as square ends on rear of the harnesses.

Otfen the lighting in the game will go on and off if you just move the big hoses around.

This is mostly due to flakey wal-nut connections on the power or ground wires within the harnesses that go to the power supply.

But can also be loose connections elsewhere else or a wire fell off...

Its somewhat normal with this type of connection.

I replaced all of mine with lev-r-nuts to improve it.

Its a bit of work but now its more stable.

Over-all the game will be stable unless its moved around a lot.

So, if the lights go on or off when you move the hoses around, the wal-nuts may be the culprit.

#13086 2 years ago

anybody put a new power supply in the ecle, ive tried 2 different models (one same kind) as original, but plugs don't match up. seems jjp has some jumper wires in machine?

#13087 2 years ago

The harnesses are bundled together with tons of little plastic connectors called wal-nuts.
You will see them as square ends on rear of the harnesses.
Otfen the lighting in the game will go on and off if you just move the big hoses around.
This is mostly due to flakey wal-nut connections on the power or ground wires within the harnesses that go to the power supply.
But can also be loose connections elsewhere else or a wire fell off...
Its somewhat normal with this type of connection.
I replaced all of mine with lev-r-nuts to improve it.
Its a bit of work but now its more stable.
Over-all the game will be stable unless its moved around a lot.
So, if the lights go on or off when you move the hoses around, the wal-nuts may be the culprit.

Ah, thanks for the info sir!

#13088 2 years ago

Ok, so here's what happened when I did my search for the bad light board. The fist one not working was W2. So I start unplugging the data cable from W15 at W2, and all of the lights come on from W2 going forward. Only this is, they're all white. So, I figure it's just a connection issue and it needs to reboot to get color going. Shut down, reboot, back to W2 and everything forward dark again. Reseat the cable again, maybe 3 or 4 lights come.on in various place down the line, but all white. Tried to bypass W2, no difference. Occasionally those 1 or 2 will be in a random color, won't change. Reboot always brings it back to W2 forward dark. Any ideas? DonInneed to reseat ALL thr connectors? Those data cables are on there tight! Thanks for you help guys. 1st JJP I've had. Never could get them all to come on at the same time again.

#13089 2 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

So I start unplugging the data cable from W15 at W2, and all of the lights come on from W2 going forward. Only this is, they're all white.

Anything you unplug you need to turn off in settings. Any you plug in, be sure and turn them on.

#13090 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Anything you unplug you need to turn off in settings. Any you plug in, be sure and turn them on.

Ok, yep, didn't turn W2 off. Will open it up again, and bypass it and try disabling W2

#13091 2 years ago

Update. Problem was board 28. Bypassed it, disabled it, everything but 28 is working fine now. Luckily it's a small GI board. Thanks for all the help and advice y'all gave me!

#13092 2 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Update. Problem was board 28. Bypassed it, disabled it, everything but 28 is working fine now. Luckily it's a small GI board. Thanks for all the help and advice y'all gave me!

Nice, those are cheap and easy to replace! JJP or sellers on pinside often have them

1 week later
#13093 2 years ago

I'm curious about the 2019 ruby red re-release of WOZ. How many were made? And why the heck didn't JJP install a $5 reset switch in the '19 re-release? They knew it was needed. Before the re-release was done JJP did a video on how to jam a paperclip into the WOZ wiring harness to reset it.

Try this... Power a WOZ off, then immediately back on, immediately off again and one more time back on. That's it. It will not turn back on the last time and you'll have to reset it.

#13094 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Try this... Power a WOZ off, then immediately back on, immediately off again and one more time back on. That's it. It will not turn back on the last time and you'll have to reset it.

Most computers hate it when you do this...so, dont do this at all.

If you want, just drill a hole in the side of the metal box and add a reset switch.

#13095 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

And why the heck didn't JJP install a $5 reset switch in the '19 re-release?

First they tried hiding it inside the wiring in the metal box with the boards. Then they gave up.

Too many people would use it for other than intended purposes. Ball stuck - hit it. Switch not working - hit it. etc etc

It created more grief than good.

#13096 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

First they tried hiding it inside the wiring in the metal box with the boards. Then they gave up.
Too many people would use it for other than intended purposes. Ball stuck - hit it. Switch not working - hit it. etc etc
It created more grief than good.

I still shake my head & cringe when I see that old JJP video of an employee explaining how to jam a paperclip into a (now) $15k pinball game to reset the computer because they refused to include a 50 cent reset button. Let's be honest, it was JJP trying to save a few bucks.

#13097 2 years ago

Most computers hate it when you do this...so, dont do this at all.
If you want, just drill a hole in the side of the metal box and add a reset switch.

I agree and know this. But it's inevitable.

JJP needs to do better.

#13098 2 years ago

Merry Christmas to all in WOZland!!

#13099 2 years ago

Smelled electrical burning during play on standard edition. Opened it up and suspect it is coming from this part that looks blackened a little. Safe assumption? Would fixing just be replacing that board? Thanks!

0443E25C-0005-4904-A7C8-91FA2AAA8F1B (resized).jpeg0443E25C-0005-4904-A7C8-91FA2AAA8F1B (resized).jpeg
#13100 2 years ago
Quoted from prentice:

Smelled electrical burning during play on standard edition. Opened it up and suspect it is coming from this part that looks blackened a little. Safe assumption? Would fixing just be replacing that board? Thanks![quoted image]

It’s a known issue. JJP has upgraded boards now. Contact them to get a replacement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 91.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/262?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.