20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 306.
#13001 2 years ago

I had a similar issue with the power supply went out on mine and took out the main board, the processor, and the Ram. After trying to piece everything together and test I finally just ordered a new board from JJP and everything came back to life. Yes it’s a price that I didn’t wanna Pay but it took less time to install and get everything back up and running.

#13002 2 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I had a similar issue with the power supply went out on mine and took out the main board, the processor, and the Ram. After trying to piece everything together and test I finally just ordered a new board from JJP and everything came back to life. Yes it’s a price that I didn’t wanna Pay but it took less time to install and get everything back up and running.

Sorry you had that much trouble! Do you mean you had replace the most of Mother board and the game main board! Oh my
Not sure why my game will boot up fine with Hobbit board. But not 2 others including the original WOZ and one bought on line that's same as Hobbit has in it. Guess I don't understand why it can be jump started but not start with on switch to the game.

#13003 2 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Sorry you had that much trouble! Do you mean you had replace the most of Mother board and the game main board! Oh my
Not sure why my game will boot up fine with Hobbit board. But not 2 others including the original WOZ and one bought on line that's same as Hobbit has in it. Guess I don't understand why it can be jump started but not start with on switch to the game.

This is simple.

Check your bios settings

Restart on ac loss.

#13004 2 years ago

Will maybe it was because it was late but last night no luck with bios and getting WOZ going. Will try again today but feeling discouraged as I seem to have no skills or understanding in how to solve this problem.
Love WOZ but frankly I've had a lot of issues in keeping in working especially for a home use game in 7-8 years of owning it. This I blame on my poor skills not JJP.

#13005 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Did anybody else see the latest episode of Ted Lasso? Ted Lasso (Jason Sudeikis) was playing a WOZ standard edition in a bar.

Just getting caught up and was going to post this!

D6A0E46C-C89A-4232-809A-6E56E1CDFEF3 (resized).jpegD6A0E46C-C89A-4232-809A-6E56E1CDFEF3 (resized).jpeg
#13006 2 years ago

I want to replace my art blades as the last guy wasn't too careful when lifting the Playfield. Does anyone have the Holographix blades by chance? Curious how they look in person.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/officHOLOGRAFFIXial-jjp-wizard-of-oz-pinblades-holograffix-1

#13007 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I want to replace my art blades as the last guy wasn't too careful when lifting the Playfield. Does anyone have the Holographix blades by chance? Curious how they look in person.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/officHOLOGRAFFIXial-jjp-wizard-of-oz-pinblades-holograffix-1

That link didnt work but id be curious what these are...

#13008 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

That link didnt work but id be curious what these are...

just go on pingraffix.com you will easily find them

#13009 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

just go on pingraffix.com you will easily find them

Ahhh thanks.

Im not sure what I think of those... Id definitely be curious if anyone has seen them in person?

They are called Holograffix, id assume as in a hologram. But it only looks like a rainbow slick through them, not an actual hologram.

#13010 2 years ago

Sorry for the bad link. Yes a hologram. Yeah they look great but would love to hear a review on them from someone who has them.

#13011 2 years ago

Two questions:
1) Anyone know where I can find the little rubber stands that hold the clear plastics? I don't know what they are called and didn't see anything on JJP's parts page.

2) I have 3 GI lights showing blue when they should be showing white during tests (right Oz lane + 2 around the right inlane). Does this mean the boards are bad? Loose connections? Something else? Can one be causing the issue with the others? Tests don't show any errors, so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot.

Thanks!

IMG_0617 (resized).jpgIMG_0617 (resized).jpg
#13012 2 years ago
Quoted from prentice:

Two questions:
1) Anyone know where I can find the little rubber stands that hold the clear plastics? I don't know what they are called and didn't see anything on JJP's parts page.[quoted image]

Call or email JJP for the part as their website sucks.

Quoted from prentice:

2) I have 3 GI lights showing blue when they should be showing white during tests (right Oz lane + 2 around the right inlane). Does this mean the boards are bad? Loose connections? Something else? Can one be causing the issue with the others? Tests don't show any errors, so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot.

What version boards do you have? If not 2.0 you may have a board starting to fail

#13013 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

What version boards do you have? If not 2.0 you may have a board starting to fail

The pre 2.0 boards are prone to this, and especially the GI boards. You can try reseating the connectors or bypassing boards by following the instructions for diagnosing light board problems in the manual, but my best guess is that those boards will need to be replaced.

#13014 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Call or email JJP for the part as their website sucks.

I've got the 7.5v older boards. I already replaced one GI that was definitely bad, and have a couple more spares onhand. Just wondered if they could affect each other in some way -- it's odd that they'd all three turn blue instead of showing white. Will try to reseat connectors. Looks like 2.0 boards are OOS.

Bought this a couple months ago, this is my first pin purchase. I knew the older light boards could be a risk, but had hoped to get a little more life out of them.

#13015 2 years ago
Quoted from prentice:

Looks like 2.0 boards are OOS.

Contact Nate at JJP to get on the waiting list.

LTG : )

#13016 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Hello
Here are some pictures of them installed on a Ruby Red Edition.
Enjoy!
-Joe
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/official-jjp-wizard-of-oz-pinblades-holograffix-1
IMG_4966-1 (resized).jpgIMG_4966-1 (resized).jpgIMG_4969 (resized).jpgIMG_4969 (resized).jpgIMG_4970 (resized).jpgIMG_4970 (resized).jpg

#13017 2 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

so how much was the mpu board? thought mine might of been a power supply issue, but after trying a new one, still nothing. damn game has 200 plays on it.

#13018 2 years ago

Well you really have two choices. You could try finding one on eBay and piece together a motherboard, CPU, and ram. Or you can go directly to Jersey Jack and pay $300 for one that comes set up. After I replace the power supply in mine it still did not work so I replaced the entire motherboard assembly and the game fired right up. If you’re going to order one from JJP I recommend emailing them first letting them know what’s going on and they will make sure everything is all set. They did this for me and everything is still working great.

#13019 2 years ago

I'm a little nervous to go from 07.03 to 07.04. is there any tricks that I need to know before I update my code?

#13020 2 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

is there any tricks that I need to know before I update my code?

Back up your settings. Just in case.

#13021 2 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I'm a little nervous to go from 07.03 to 07.04. is there any tricks that I need to know before I update my code?

Nope that is a simple Delta update. Follow the instructions from the JJP website for performing a Delta update and you should be fine.

https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-delta/

Gord

#13022 2 years ago

I have the new code installed and the Wi-Fi capabilities are enabled. I have inserted a Wi-Fi dongle and it will not find my network. I have done the same with my JJP dialed in and it still will not find the net work. Any suggestions?

#13023 2 years ago
Quoted from attitude05:

I have the new code installed and the Wi-Fi capabilities are enabled. I have inserted a Wi-Fi dongle and it will not find my network. I have done the same with my JJP dialed in and it still will not find the net work. Any suggestions?

What’s the security on your network? Does it actively block new access?

Or

You didn’t get the dongle(s) they said would work with the game. You can’t just stick any wifi dongle in there. It has to be one of the supported ones.

#13024 2 years ago

Located, purchased, and they will be here tomorrow.

#13025 2 years ago

Long story, but finally, finally got a WOZ, the best wife game ever. (My wife loves this game and actually asked me to find one! Her will could not be denied!) It has some issues, though, and I need some parts. Looked in the manual, and found parts numbers, such as 10-5002-00 (base bracket for the State Fair pop I believe) and 10-0021-00, pop bumper rebuild part. However, when I go to pinball life and marcos, those numbers do not correlate. Is there a guide somewhere that would help me? I also need 11-0004-00 an 10-5003-00. Thanks for your help.

#13028 2 years ago

I picked up a RR WOZ with ~1000 plays a few months ago - lovin' it and think she's a keeper. Have 2 questions:

1) Left side drain is pretty brutal. It looks like there is another hole where the post on the left side of the drain can be moved in to narrow the drain opening, but it also looks like the rubber on the post will not fit against the metal. Has anyone moved this post in to make it drain less? Any tricks or suggestions?

2) I'm looking to pick up a set of cliffys - does anyone have a recommended set or vendor? I also want to protect the edges of the upper playfields too.

Thx!

#13029 2 years ago
Quoted from Baron_VonLoppnow:

2) I'm looking to pick up a set of cliffys - does anyone have a recommended set or vendor? I also want to protect the edges of the upper playfields too.

Just get direct from Cliff. Will take a little time as I know he was backlogged.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/WOZ.htm

For 180 you can get the full set. If you want to go cheap the ones I know are a must are the Munchkinland playfield edge protector, the drop target protector lane guide protectors to mention a few. Others will chime in on if they feel others are a must.

#13030 2 years ago
Quoted from Baron_VonLoppnow:

the rubber on the post will not fit against the metal.

Remove the plastic.

The siderail is adjustable to allow for the post to be moved.

It wont line up with the plastic, but its hardly noticable.

#13031 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Just get direct from Cliff. Will take a little time as I know he was backlogged.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/WOZ.htm
For 180 you can get the full set. If you want to go cheap the ones I know are a must are the Munchkinland playfield edge protector, the drop target protector lane guide protectors to mention a few. Others will chime in on if they feel others are a must.

Just get the complete set from Cliff.

Dont mess with plastic or tape for the munchkinland edge. Use stainless steel.

It only takes about 25 mins to install it.

Take note of the position of the screw head that ends up over the shooter lane. On early versions the ball would hit it, so it was recommended to not put it in or move it.

I believe its been moved on the latest versions

#13032 2 years ago

Anyone know why the latest code 7.04 US mirror on JJP website keeps coming back blocked for download? Eur works but not US mirror. I finally have some time to install the wifi dongle but need to update to latest.

#13033 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Anyone know why the latest code 7.04 US mirror on JJP website keeps coming back blocked for download? Eur works but not US mirror. I finally have some time to install the wifi dongle but need to update to latest.

The EU code is supposed to be the same.

#13034 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Eur works but not US mirror. I finally have some time to install the wifi dongle but need to update to latest.

Use the EU one. They are identical. Just coming from different sources.

#13035 2 years ago

I update code, screen says update complete, reboot machine. I do so now game screen stays black and I can’t do anything?! Anyone know what’s going on?

24EA54DE-6204-40D4-8090-6B6520BDD1DF (resized).jpeg24EA54DE-6204-40D4-8090-6B6520BDD1DF (resized).jpeg702523E1-1007-4BD5-90E2-B803C94795FF (resized).jpeg702523E1-1007-4BD5-90E2-B803C94795FF (resized).jpeg

#13036 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Anyone know what’s going on?

Start over. Full install.

#13037 2 years ago

I would but I can’t even access a menu to do so. Screen just goes black.

#13038 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I would but I can’t even access a menu to do so. Screen just goes black.

Full install from the website. The old fashioned way.

#13039 2 years ago

I downloaded the full update from the website EU mirror. It uploaded into machine and told me to reboot. I do so and screen goes dark and I cannot access any menu. If I put usb back in, no difference. I cannot access any menu to start an install. Screen goes black and will not allow anything.

Do I need to do the “Delta Upgrade”? And try that?

#13040 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I downloaded the full update from the website EU mirror.

Try the USA mirror. 8GB to 16GB USB stick. Full Install.

You can't access menu to do a delta.

#13041 2 years ago

This is all I get now. Won’t change from this.

5FEA4859-61A6-4DFD-88A2-F96EDAA8B303 (resized).jpeg5FEA4859-61A6-4DFD-88A2-F96EDAA8B303 (resized).jpeg6BBC2628-543C-450D-B7A7-E107D649CBEC (resized).jpeg6BBC2628-543C-450D-B7A7-E107D649CBEC (resized).jpegEF41097E-90E3-4B12-B767-E0892958D8C9 (resized).jpegEF41097E-90E3-4B12-B767-E0892958D8C9 (resized).jpeg
#13042 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Looks like bios got corrupted. Hook a keyboard to the USB cable and do what the screen says.

#13043 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Plug the usb stick in the rear of the computer.

Looks like its not being seen.

Cold boot with the stick in place.

It should see it and load the os from it, unless there is a problem.

Try re-doing the ISO to the usb stick with rufus.

#13044 2 years ago

I feel lucky I had no issues. I set up the WiFi and it took right off.

#13045 2 years ago

Hey WoZ fans! We're making more mods for my favorite game, here is our latest now available: Interactive Throne Room Upgrade

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-interactive-throne-room-upgrade-now-available

ClearLit (resized).jpgClearLit (resized).jpgMainImage (resized).jpgMainImage (resized).jpg
#13046 2 years ago

I redownloaded the file 4 times and re did ISO. Still same issue. Went for a 5th and it finally installed. All day ordeal to update code!

#13047 2 years ago

HI all,

I was curious if anyone could tell me what the difference between these pinblades are? The two listings show Holograffix but the pictures look different. Price is the same. Then I assume the other one is the standard pinblades...

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/official-jjp-wizard-of-oz-pinblades-holograffix

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/official-jjp-wizard-of-oz-pinblades-holograffix

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/official-jjp-wizard-of-oz-pinblades-holograffix-1

#13048 2 years ago

Noticed some wear on upper playfield. Any suggestions to prevent worsening?

FC5DA29F-5420-44ED-9DF7-F5E774F18341 (resized).jpegFC5DA29F-5420-44ED-9DF7-F5E774F18341 (resized).jpeg
#13049 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Noticed some wear on upper playfield. Any suggestions to prevent worsening?[quoted image]

I would suggest the Cliffy for the upper Playfield. You'll see a lot of info on it here if you do a search. Common issue.

#13050 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

HI all,
I was curious if anyone could tell me what the difference between these pinblades are? The two listings show Holograffix but the pictures look different. Price is the same. Then I assume the other one is the standard pinblades...

I noticed this too. I ordered a set and received a Jurassic Park set. So I'm wondering if there is an issue with the item numbers. Still waiting for a response from Joe at Pingraffix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/261 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.