A few questions on my newly acquired first pin (and accordant maintenance!)
I got a mid-2014 standard edition WOZ with 7.5 v1.1 boards, running the latest firmware (7.03-NSE).
One major issue and a bunch of minor questions below! Tips on any are appreciated.
1. My largest issue is a right castle-door problem that seems not to with the motor/screws but with the springs. I posted that separately to try to keep that thread useful for future owners (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-castle-doors-not-closing-fully/page/2#post-6542953).
2. In the menu settings, when I got to the switch test mode (or is it coils test?), where it says to press Start button to test a switch; I can navigate between the switches, however, the start button doesn't actually trigger anything. When looking at passive switch detection, it registers the Start button just fine, and the Start button works everywhere else just fine. Just seems to be a bug in that menu?
3. When I tightened up the left outlane bumper (easy mode), the rubber is pushed sharply up against the outlane rail, depressing the rubber. Is this OK/normal?
4. How do I open the backglass? I can't find this information anywhere in the manual, am I just blind? I unlocked the top, and then tried to slide the glass up and out like I saw other machines on Youtube, but couldn't get anything to budge. (BTW, is the lock open when the key is perpendicular to the backglass?)
5. I get a lot of buzzing/humming, seemingly based on what is shown onscreen. Not really noticeable except during startup. I've ordered a ground loop isolator, but have no idea where to install it. I see a 1/8" plug at the bottom back of the cabinet, do just insert it in there? (Or within the backglass?)
6. Monkey seems to be just slightly low and somewhat loud/grindy. Seems to rub a little bit on the bottom wood. I couldn't see an obvious way to lift it up 1-2mm. It functions, so this is low priority. I've ordered lithium grease for the metal.
7. I installed protectors on the 4 front plastics, but the right sling protector extends a bit into the wireform drop area, and every time ball drops it hits that protector a bit. I tried bending wireform a bit, but can't really find any position to completely eliminate that. Is it a concern? Or just something to replace later? The left one seems to maybe also have a bit of the issue, but not as much.
8. I installed a shaker motor, but it seems a little noisier than I would have expected. Not alarmingly so, just annoying. Like sort of squeaky, not rattle-y.
Thanks for tips on any of these!!