20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 306.
#12401 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

So I have a line on a yellow brick road version, which I don't really care for. The yellow just doesn't do it for me. A couple questions. What was the original price of these? Does it have anything special that the other models didn't have? I can change the metal colors easy enough.
Thanks

The original price was like $11,500 if im not mistaken..

#12402 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

So I have a line on a yellow brick road version, which I don't really care for. The yellow just doesn't do it for me. A couple questions. What was the original price of these? Does it have anything special that the other models didn't have? I can change the metal colors easy enough.
Thanks

No monkey mechanism.

#12403 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Going from memory the YBR changes are:
- Sparkle playfield
- Tornado/Toto/Castle mods
- Yellow sparkle armor
- Radcals
- Latest PC and cabinet
- Wooden apron
- Removal of the monkey mech
Changing the metal colors would be inadvisable; the game GUI is in yellow to match and it will be oddly mismatched (and ruined in terms of value to other collectors.)
I for one love the yellow and couldn't care less about the monkey mech.

It's always difficult to compare WOZ models because there have been so many but this is pretty close. The Tornado / Toto and Castle Walls are also included on the RR. In addition to removing the Monkey Mech you lose the physical ball lock that comes with it and also the castle doors are changed from one to two. I really wouldn't advise spending the extra on a YBR and then changing the armor color, you'd devalue the game and you could achieve the same look with a cheaper version of the game that still has the Monkey, just be patient and one will eventually come up for sale, they made a bunch of them.

#12404 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Trade you my ECLE w/ 2.0 light boards!

I can't imagine making this trade.

I'm surprised there's a market for a reduced feature game that costs more..

I'll admit I've spent a lot upgrading my ECLE with a Kruzman cc pf and 2.0 boards plus limited edition mods, but if YBR's sell for over 10k, I feel ok.

#12405 2 years ago

Having an issue with the autolaunch on my Woz RR. I included some pics. I have tried moving around the loose wire thinking that it may be contacting something and preventing it from firing. I've been hesitatnt to cut it as I don't want to mess anything up. As you may be able to tell, I am very new to pinball repair and have little to no idea what I am doing. I tried going through the testing menu to test the coil but can't even figure out that. Any help is greatly appreciated.

AL1 (resized).jpgAL1 (resized).jpgAL2 (resized).jpgAL2 (resized).jpgAL3 (resized).jpgAL3 (resized).jpgAL4 (resized).jpgAL4 (resized).jpgAL5 (resized).jpgAL5 (resized).jpg
#12406 2 years ago
Quoted from DwightEisenhower:

Having an issue with the autolaunch on my Woz RR. I included some pics. I have tried moving around the loose wire thinking that it may be contacting something and preventing it from firing. I've been hesitatnt to cut it as I don't want to mess anything up. As you may be able to tell, I am very new to pinball repair and have little to no idea what I am doing. I tried going through the testing menu to test the coil but can't even figure out that. Any help is greatly appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It appears your coil wire is broken. It may be possible to repair it, or just get a new coil.

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Wizard-of-Oz-Parts/Coil-Standard.html

#12407 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It appears your coil wire is broken. It may be possible to repair it, or just get a new coil.
http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Wizard-of-Oz-Parts/Coil-Standard.html

Thanks!

#12408 2 years ago

Just realized my wizard is no longer lighting up. I found the led strip underneath the plastic sign and it is immediately plugged in right under the playfield. Is there another area that I can check to see if it's unplugged? Can't really trace where it's being powered from.

Appreciate any suggestions

#12409 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I'll admit I've spent a lot upgrading my ECLE with a Kruzman cc pf and 2.0 boards plus limited edition mods, but if YBR's sell for over 10k, I feel ok.

Well I'm serious about it. If anyone with a YBR wants an ECLE let's talk.

#12410 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Appreciate any suggestions

Put a meter on it, if you have power, the LED strip is bad.

LTG : )

#12411 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

IMO everything about the YBR is nicer than the other models. To me, the Monkey Mod isnt the holy grail. I turned off the mech when I was having an issue and I thought I would miss it. I was surprised when I didnt.

#12412 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

IMO everything about the YBR is nicer than the other models.

...except the yellow.

#12413 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...except the yellow.

ha, thats where we can agree to disagree.

#12414 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

IMO everything about the YBR is nicer than the other models. To me, the Monkey Mod isnt the holy grail. I turned off the mech when I was having an issue and I thought I would miss it. I was surprised when I didnt.

Yeah once you've seen it a few times it's not a big deal.

#12415 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well hell, just turn off the spinning house with the legs popping out and while you're at it turn off the crystal ball and the witch too, I mean once you see them they're no big deal.

#12416 2 years ago

Sorry, just learning about this pin. Did RR have different models, standard and LE, or just one?

Thanks

#12417 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Well hell, just turn off the spinning house with the legs popping out and while you're at it turn off the crystal ball and the witch too, I mean once you see them they're no big deal.

Wrong post...

#12418 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Sorry, just learning about this pin. Did RR have different models, standard and LE, or just one?
Thanks

RR is just RR. Standard, ECLE and YBR are all different models. With RR, however, there are the older versions with the pre-2.0 lighting, and the newer or converted versions with 2.0. 2.0 is more reliable and less prone to failure. (Cue the 100 posts by people who have the old boards without issue. )

#12419 2 years ago

Hi everyone ! Speaking of 2.0 light kits. I need one and looked on jjacks website and shows out of stock. Any idea where to get one or when they will by available?

#12420 2 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Any idea where to get one or when they will by available?

Call JJP and ask.

#12421 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

RR is just RR. Standard, ECLE and YBR are all different models. With RR, however, there are the older versions with the pre-2.0 lighting, and the newer or converted versions with 2.0. 2.0 is more reliable and less prone to failure. (Cue the 100 posts by people who have the old boards without issue. )

Dont forget about the "Green Edition" that was made, I believe, specifically for Automated Services... Its essentially the same as ECLE, but doesnt have direct cabinet printing and does not have the wooden apron.

#12422 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

2.0 lighting applies to standard and ECLE as well. I have an ECLE with 2.0 lighting.

#12423 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Dont forget about the "Green Edition" that was made, I believe, specifically for Automated Services... Its essentially the same as ECLE, but doesnt have direct cabinet printing and does not have the wooden apron.

And the green isn't the same, either. The thing looks like Frankenwoz.

#12424 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah once you've seen it a few times it's not a big deal.

Let me ask you this....Why is the physical ball lock on Wonka a must have, but the lock on Woz a hard pass? They are basically the same thing correct? Everyone can like what they like obviously. I would argue, that the lock on Wonka is kind of simplistic and unimaginative. When compared to the Monkey lock on Woz. Is it because it could potentially be more of a pain to keep working?

#12425 2 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Let me ask you this....Why is the physical ball lock on Wonka a must have, but the lock on Woz a hard pass? They are basically the same thing correct? Everyone can like what they like obviously. I would argue, that the lock on Wonka is kind of simplistic and unimaginative. When compared to the Monkey lock on Woz. Is it because it could potentially be more of a pain to keep working?

Honestly it's that. I already lubed my monkey once and it's already slowing and dropping the ball again.
It's not a big deal to lube it again, but it's kinda messy as the first time you run it, it flings lube all over your room.

I would very happily trade my ECLE for a YBR and just do without it.

I do not mind fixing a thing on a pin. In fact I enjoy it. I do mind chronic repairs to the same thing repeatedly though.

#12426 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

2.0 lighting applies to standard and ECLE as well. I have an ECLE with 2.0 lighting.

Did some ECLE's come with 2.0 lighting? If so, anyone know out of the 1000, when the change was done?
Just curious about my ECLE, I assume mine, #890, has the old light boards.

#12427 2 years ago
Quoted from waltrr:

Did some ECLE's come with 2.0 lighting? If so, anyone know out of the 1000, when the change was done?
Just curious about my ECLE, I assume mine, #890, has the old light boards.

I believe the 2.0 change was midstream in the Ruby Reds.

#12428 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Honestly it's that. I already lubed my monkey once and it's already slowing and dropping the ball again.
It's not a big deal to lube it again, but it's kinda messy as the first time you run it, it flings lube all over your room.
I do not mind fixing a thing on a pin. In fact I enjoy it. I do mind chronic repairs to the same thing repeatedly though.

Im using syl-glide grease. A little dab will do ya..... You dont meed gobs of it, its 50 times more slippery than lithium grease.

No muss, no fuss, no flinging.

My game is as clean as day one.

Definitely use it on the witch threaded rod too.

#12429 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:Honestly it's that. I already lubed my monkey once and it's already slowing and dropping the ball again.

I do get that point completely. Pinball is a constant battle is it not?

#12430 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Call JJP and ask.

Why make it that easy Lloyd

#12431 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And the green isn't the same, either. The thing looks like Frankenwoz.

Actually, it is. I own one

#12432 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Actually, it is. I own one

I've seen it. And it's not. And I own a real green one.

#12433 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've seen it. And it's not. And I thought yours is yellow. You have two?

Well again, you are wrong. First, before I purchased one, I spoke with a representative at Jersey Jack and I was informed of the differences. Color certainly is not one. Also, I had a new rails painted by a 3rd party person and he got the paint code of the ECLE from JJP, and its a perfect match.

Sorry, not sure what you have seen, but you are in fact wrong.

I dont have a yellow. I was commenting on how nice they are.

#12434 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well again, you are wrong. First, before I purchased one, I spoke with a representative at Jersey Jack and I was informed of the differences. Color certainly is not one. Also, I had a new rails painted by a 3rd party person and he got the paint code of the ECLE from JJP, and its a perfect match.
Sorry, not sure what you have seen, but you are in fact wrong.
I dont have a yellow. I was commenting on how nice they are.

Hey! Let's keep downvoting each other some more! I'm right. And I'm also done because this is a "broken record" or "take it to PM" moderation thing, and I've been so well-behaved lately. And I have no idea what you mean by AGAIN I'm wrong. I'd love to know what I've said that's wrong in the past. That Gouveia's mods are better than the ones you bought? That's a pretty well-known fact. But I'm done now.

#12435 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey! Let's keep downvoting each other some more! I'm right. And I'm also done because this is a "broken record" or "take it to PM" moderation thing, and I've been so well behaved lately. And I have no idea what you mean by AGAIN I'm wrong. I'd love to know what I've said that's wrong in the past. That Gouveia's mods are better than the ones you bought? That's a pretty well-known fact. But I'm done now.

Hey, its not my fault that you are spewing very false information from nowhere. I know for a fact what I am talking about. Before I purchased, I wanted to make sure that this wasn't something put together by a distributor and just selling pieced together machines. That is how I know about these models, from JJP themselves confirming they did in fact make them for this distributor and the differences.

When I say again, I mean you keep saying the same thing over and over with no facts. So again, you would be wrong.

I have no clue what you are talking about with mods lol. I have a mod from Gouveia and mods from others lol.

#12436 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I lube my monkey once a year, I use the silicon thing from Marco's pinball and I don't have any issues with the monkey.

Maybe look into using a different lube or maybe your shaft is a bit bent.

#12437 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I lube my monkey once a year, I use the silicon thing from Marco's pinball and I don't have any issues with the monkey.
Maybe look into using a different lube or maybe your shaft is a bit bent.

I used white lithium grease last time and figured I wouldn't hear from the monkey for a few years.

It was about one year.

It's not the end of the world, I'm just irritated by it and wouldn't mind being in a nice YBR.

#12438 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I lube my monkey once a year,

Quoted from adol75:

maybe your shaft is a bit bent.

I'm glad we are all adults here and don't take this in the wrong context.

Disclaimer : Except for me. Damn that is funny.

#12439 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I used white lithium grease last time and figured I wouldn't hear from the monkey for a few years.
It was about one year.
It's not the end of the world, I'm just irritated by it and wouldn't mind being in a nice YBR.

I'm considering the same but for a different reason, the YBR is way quieter than the RR or ECLE and I will say the fan noise on mine annoys the hell out of me, where my DI is uber silent. But on the other hand I would miss the monkey, I really like to see him fly.

#12440 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I'm considering the same but for a different reason, the YBR is way quieter than the RR or ECLE and I will say the fan noise on mine annoys the hell out of me, where my DI is uber silent. But on the other hand I would miss the monkey, I really like to see him fly.

I did change the fans for quieter ones, pinmonk has a thread about it. It helped a lot.

#12441 2 years ago

I own one. It’s the exact same green. How do I know???? JJ sent me all new rails to replace some minor scratches on the original and guess what....Same Green Period

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey! Let's keep downvoting each other some more! I'm right. And I'm also done because this is a "broken record" or "take it to PM" moderation thing, and I've been so well-behaved lately. And I have no idea what you mean by AGAIN I'm wrong. I'd love to know what I've said that's wrong in the past. That Gouveia's mods are better than the ones you bought? That's a pretty well-known fact. But I'm done now.

#12442 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It was about one year.

I stopped using the Lithium Grease as it gunks up really fast on my machine. I used the Super Lube that people recommend. Seems to be a much better product...

#12443 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I stopped using the Lithium Grease as it gunks up really fast on my machine. I used the Super Lube that people recommend. Seems to be a much better product...

I have some of that on hand (I use it for spinners) and will try it. Thanks!

#12444 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:I have some of that on hand (I use it for spinners) and will try it. Thanks!

Im sure I dont have to mention to you to use sparingly haha. Its super thin, like an oil and of course can get thrown all over if not careful.

#12445 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Im sure I dont have to mention to you to use sparingly haha. Its super thin, like an oil and of course can get thrown all over if not careful.

Yeah as a guy who coated his room with lithium grease last time...I get it.

#12446 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah as a guy who coated his room with lithium grease last time...I get it.

hahahha I thought I saw you mention something like that in here lol

#12447 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have some of that on hand (I use it for spinners) and will try it. Thanks!

Not the thin oil for spinners, the grease.

Sil-glide for gearboxes and bearings and such.

https://www.amazon.com/AGS-SG8-Lubricant/dp/B000KXLR5E

#12448 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Not the thin oil for spinners, the grease.
Sil-glide for gearboxes and bearings and such.
amazon.com link »

I’ve never had to lube my monkey and it still works just fine. Just lucky I guess. Lol

#12449 2 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Hi everyone ! Speaking of 2.0 light kits. I need one and looked on jjacks website and shows out of stock. Any idea where to get one or when they will by available?

Call Nate. He called me as a courtesy a few weeks ago to let me know they were back in stock. It is still $799 but make sure you ask to upgrade shipping because USPS is unreliable. Total bill was $820. 3 days later it was at my door. I have it boxed for when it's time to change it out. We're moving so I basically just did a quick inventory but Nate told me no problem, if something goes wrong he'll take care of it when it's time to install.
Here's his info taken right off of his signature.

Nathan Lawinger Customer Service Support Tech
Jersey Jack Pinball
Office: (630) 830-5225 ext.1127
Email: [email protected]
Address: 1850 Greenleaf Ave, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

Grab a set before they're gone.

r/
Mike

#12450 2 years ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 91.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

13,000 (OBO)
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/249?hl=jenkins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.