BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 305.
#12351 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Just got this thing of beauty in the mail and installed. Absolutely incredible! Easy install and makes a huge difference. Totally worth the money imo!
[quoted image]

That does look really nice but damn! Expensive..

#12352 2 years ago

Just got this thing of beauty in the mail and installed. Absolutely incredible! Easy install and makes a huge difference. Totally worth the money imo!
[quoted image]

But for some reason felt the need to pull the trigger on it myself lol. hahaha.

#12353 2 years ago
Quoted from DwightEisenhower:

Have a 75th Ruby Red edition of Woz with some lighting issues. I tried adjusting connections under the playfield while in GI test mode to see if I could get the flickering to stop but was unsuccessful. Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have the new 2.0 light boards? This was happening to me. 7.5 buffered, I describe it by lights acting funky. I got the light new light boards problem solved. I didn't bother trying to replace one or two, and that might work.

Good luck.

#12354 2 years ago
Quoted from DwightEisenhower:

Have a 75th Ruby Red edition of Woz with some lighting issues. I tried adjusting connections under the playfield while in GI test mode to see if I could get the flickering to stop but was unsuccessful. Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Had the same problem a couple months ago - in my case it was a bad #3 GI board and a flaky cable going to it. You need to follow the flow chart in the manual and find the last working one in the chain, the one after it is the culprit. Bypass suspect board and disable it in the game software settings, and lights should work. Order replacement from JJP.

May seem a little intimidating at first but just take it one step at a time and you'll find the problem. Good luck!

EDIT...It may sound like I'm smart but not really...just relaying what Lloyd and others have done to help me. If I can do it anyone can!

#12355 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

But for some reason felt the need to pull the trigger on it myself lol. hahaha.

Yes it is expensive, but gorgeous. I've spent some dumb money on mods (elite hobbit topper for example), but don't regret this one at all. Need to make a deflector to protect it from air balls, but thats my only concern.

#12356 2 years ago

Would love to buy a WOZ but 19k? That is unbelievable and insane.

#12357 2 years ago

Yes it is expensive, but gorgeous. I've spent some dumb money on mods (elite hobbit topper for example), but don't regret this one at all. Need to make a deflector to protect it from air balls, but thats my only concern.

How difficult was the installation? Installation instructions not on Scott's website - I think he mentions removing just two screws but would like a little more detail if possible.

#12358 2 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Would love to buy a WOZ but 19k? That is unbelievable and insane.

Who is selling a WOZ at 19k???

#12359 2 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

I dunno but if anyone wants my ECLE for 20k come get it! (2.0 light boards, freshly rebuilt doors, coveted MONKEY MECH!)

#12360 2 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

How difficult was the installation? Installation instructions not on Scott's website - I think he mentions removing just two screws but would like a little more detail if possible.

Very easy. Took about 10 minutes total. Hardest part was routing and fishing the wire below the playfield.

#12361 2 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

That YBR edition in the marketplace. Sneaky suspicion it'll remain there at that price, but who knows.

#12362 2 years ago

Very easy. Took about 10 minutes total. Hardest part was routing and fishing the wire below the playfield.

Thank you sir, I appreciate you taking the time to post the video!

#12363 2 years ago

I’m getting a lot of rejects when trying to shot the ball into the crystal ball. A lot of times it even makes it past the spinner and still comes back out. Anyone else experience this?

If there’s a post about this already please share!

#12364 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I’m getting a lot of rejects when trying to shot the ball into the crystal ball. A lot of times it even makes it past the spinner and still comes back out. Anyone else experience this?

Yes, it’s normal. About half my shots are rejected. During MB, if you have two balls on the left flipper, doing a quick mini flip is a good way to send one to the CB.

#12365 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yes, all the time. Tried different things. Nothing seems to make it better.

#12366 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I got it to work better by bending the flatrail so that it has a more rounded curve that lets the ball bounce in instead of out.

I still get rejects but its vastly reduced.

Took about 20 tries to get it satisfactory, lol.

#12367 2 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Thank you sir, I appreciate you taking the time to post the video!

I installed one in my ECLE today, looks great!
But the trick was fishing the wire. I ended up, on the under side of the playfield, tie strapping the black covered wires to the bracket on the left to pull them left to make the hole in the playfield bigger to fish that dang wire through. nothing to it after that. Had to dim it a bit too, but leally like it.

#12368 2 years ago
Quoted from waltrr:

I installed one in my ECLE today, looks great!
But the trick was fishing the wire. I ended up, on the under side of the playfield, tie strapping the black covered wires to the bracket on the left to pull them left to make the hole in the playfield bigger to fish that dang wire through. nothing to it after that. Had to dim it a bit too, but leally like it.

It’s gorgeous isn’t it. Unfortunately I had gravitated to my newer games over the past 6 months and had largely neglected WOZ in favor on GNR and Wonka. Putting this sign on brought me back and I’ve forgotten how incredible this game really is. Just had possibly my best game ever. Beat the Witch (2nd time ever) and ended up with 6 Jewels. Only missing Rescue Multiball gem and Fireball Frenzy. Don’t believe I’ve ever gotten either of them. It’s good to be reminded how wonderful WOZ really is.

#12369 2 years ago
Quoted from Baron_VonLoppnow:

Hey WoZ heads - I am seeking to buy a Woz ECLE, Ruby Red, or Yellow Brick Road. If anyone is thinking of selling, hit me up via PM. I live in the Chicago area but would be willing to drive a little or discuss shipping.
I am a 1-pin home (due to space constraints) and don't have anything to trade except for, you guessed it, my 1-pin (+ cash of course). It is a good players JD that has some upgrades. After 3 years with it, it's time to switch up into something nicer! In the meantime, I'll just remain jealous of all of you.

there was a yellow brick rd edition for sale in highland park recently.. i just picked it up unfortunately!

#12370 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yes, it’s normal. About half my shots are rejected. During MB, if you have two balls on the left flipper, doing a quick mini flip is a good way to send one to the CB.

Quoted from LukyDuck:

Yes, all the time. Tried different things. Nothing seems to make it better.

Quoted from pinballinreno:

I got it to work better by bending the flatrail so that it has a more rounded curve that lets the ball bounce in instead of out.
I still get rejects but its vastly reduced.
Took about 20 tries to get it satisfactory, lol.

Thanks all for the posts!

#12371 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

This exploit will cost you your bonus if done twice, be careful.

There was a code update to penalize you for this exploit.

#12372 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Thanks all for the posts!

Yeah, try to make the bend less sharp.

I didnt use any tools per se, I just took it out and started smoothing the bends by hand so the ball can go into the lane more fully before it bounces out.

I just watched Pinballgoddess play a game with zero crystal ball rejects in a 40 min game.

Not her best, 5.5 million points....didnt even get on the board lol.

#12373 2 years ago

This exploit will cost you your bonus if done twice, be careful.
There was a code update to penalize you for this exploit.

3 times actually. Twice and you are ok. Just have to remember to hit another switch after the second time. And, I thought the penalty was no hold flippers for the rest of the ball, not loss of bonus.

#12374 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

3 times actually. Twice and you are ok. Just have to remember to hit another switch after the second time. And, I thought the penalty was no hold flippers for the rest of the ball, not loss of bonus.

I have tripped the penalty during multiball, its no joke.

#12375 2 years ago

Hey! Hoping someone can help. I am new to the club and Emerald City Multiball won't start. Everything goes smoothly. The animation plays on the screen. The three balls are locked in place.... and then nothing... I tested the coil that releases the balls. It works fine. All three ball lock optos work fine. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

#12376 2 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Anyone have any ideas?

Play with the ball lock timings.

LTG : )

#12377 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Play with the ball lock timings.

Ok thanks. What should they be set to

#12378 2 years ago

What should they be set to

Could be different for each machine.

Increase #1 first, if you gain ground. Then play with the others.

#12379 2 years ago

Hey! Hoping someone can help. I am new to the club and Emerald City Multiball won't start. Everything goes smoothly. The animation plays on the screen. The three balls are locked in place.... and then nothing... I tested the coil that releases the balls. It works fine. All three ball lock optos work fine. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Your ball lock arm may be sitting too low. Common issue. Search this thread for adjustment. Without any balls in the lock the front “lip” should sit about 1/4” above the wireform.

#12380 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Your ball lock arm may be sitting too low. Common issue. Search this thread for adjustment. Without any balls in the lock the front “lip” should sit about 1/4” above the wireform.

Thanks, I thought that might be the issue but It doesn't lift up at all when multiball starts. It doesn't move. however the coil works fine in test mode

#12381 2 years ago

It's exactly 1/4 inch

IMG_0169 (resized).jpegIMG_0169 (resized).jpeg
#12382 2 years ago

It's exactly 1/4 inch
[quoted image]

Check for cold joints on the coils.
Reheat them.

Also check that the big screw that holds the arm on is tight.

#12384 2 years ago

Can a fellow WOZ owner recommend any Pin Stadium products for WOZ? I have a 2013 WOZ with 7.5v light boards, have never had an issue with them but do have a 2.0 light kit in reserve. Would the Neo Pin Stadium or standard Pin Stadium lights be better?

Thanks!

Update: Never mind, found what I needed by searching through the thread!

#12385 2 years ago

Yeah, try to make the bend less sharp.
I didnt use any tools per se, I just took it out and started smoothing the bends by hand so the ball can go into the lane more fully before it bounces out.
I just watched Pinballgoddess play a game with zero crystal ball rejects in a 40 min game.
Not her best, 5.5 million points....didnt even get on the board lol.

I would love to watch your wife play a game of WOZ. Maybe take a gameplay video sometime and share?

#12386 2 years ago

Anyone looking to sell? Posted a wanted ad in the market place, but thought I would check here as well. Looking for a WOZ EC or RR, modded even better. I am in MD, but will ship for the right machine.

Thanks

#12387 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Anyone looking to sell? Posted a wanted ad in the market place, but thought I would check here as well. Looking for a WOZ EC or RR, modded even better. I am in MD, but will ship for the right machine.
Thanks

Im sure pretty much anything can be for sale with the right price

#12388 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Im sure pretty much anything can be for sale with the right price

I remember sending messages to at least 20 people around me if they wanted to sell theirs. I posted in a local thread and put wanted ads and no one wanted wanted to sell. I was fortunate to get one of the first GNR LE and ended up using that as a bargaining chip as a trade. I must of had at least 15 offers all the sudden from people wanting to trade their woz+cash for my GNR. Yeah having the right machine for a trade or money always talk. I figured I could always get a GNR later. I wasn’t too happy when jjp raised GNR’s price though

#12389 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I remember sending messages to at least 20 people around me if they wanted to sell theirs. I posted in a local thread and put wanted ads and no one wanted wanted to sell. I was fortunate to get one of the first GNR LE and ended up using that as a bargaining chip as a trade. I must of had at least 15 offers all the sudden from people wanting to trade their woz+cash for my GNR. Yeah having the right machine for a trade or money always talk. I figured I could always get a GNR later. I wasn’t too happy when jjp raised GNR’s price though

I do know people tend to hold on to the WOZ. Its a great game that isnt made anymore.

But i am sure if the price was right, people would sell.. Someone earlier said they saw a posting for a WOZ for $19k. That sounds pretty crazy to me...

#12390 2 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I would love to watch your wife play a game of WOZ. Maybe take a gameplay video sometime and share?

She is a very focused player.

If i turn the radio on, i hear a gentle scream to turn it off, as the beat kills her timing...lol.

A camera would end up out the window and into the yard.

WOZ is her private serene happy place.

I am truly blessed that she likes to play pinball and an excellent player once she learns a game.

#12391 2 years ago

WOZ is her private serene happy place

I can respect and appreciate that, plus that sentence ^^ is pinball poetry.

#12392 2 years ago

Hey WOZ owners! Inspiration struck and I decided to make my 3D Coin Reject Buttons for WOZ -- and I'm over the rainbow with how they turned out! (see what I did there?)

WOZ_1_RCP (resized).jpgWOZ_1_RCP (resized).jpg

These buttons are 3D-printed with two different filaments (with a programmed filament change so the slippers are permanently fused to the button). The button itself can be your choice of translucent color (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, clear/white -- yellow makes sense, for the yellow brick road, or green would also work well ... it's up to you!), and then the Ruby Slippers are printed in a red filament imbued with glitter to make them SPARKLE just like the real thing!

WOZ_2_RCP (resized).jpgWOZ_2_RCP (resized).jpg

Contact me through my website, https://rocketcitypinball.com, or visit my shop here on Pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05010-3d-coin-reject-buttons-wizard-of-oz-ruby-slippers

While you're at it, consider also my Rainbow Posts! A good solution to add another set of rainbows to the game, and help cover any chipped clearcoat around the narrower metal posts. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04778-rainbow-posts-for-wizard-of-oz-or-any-super-colorful-game

Rainbow_RCP (resized).jpgRainbow_RCP (resized).jpg

#12393 2 years ago

I love these buttons ! I just placed an order, thanks for making these.

I'm not a big mod guy but I've always hated that coin door, this will make it so much better !

#12394 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I love these buttons ! I just placed an order, thanks for making these.
I'm not a big mod guy but I've always hated that coin door, this will make it so much better !

Thanks so much! I've been having a lot of fun making these for all different games -- so many games, so little time!

I appreciate your support and look forward to seeing pics of them installed in your WOZ!

#12395 2 years ago

Just ordered a set with yellow base, looking forward to getting these!

#12396 2 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Just ordered a set with yellow base, looking forward to getting these!

Thanks so much! Already had an extra set printed out so they'll ship out tomorrow! I appreciate it so much!

#12397 2 years ago

So I have a line on a yellow brick road version, which I don't really care for. The yellow just doesn't do it for me. A couple questions. What was the original price of these? Does it have anything special that the other models didn't have? I can change the metal colors easy enough.

Thanks

#12398 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

So I have a line on a yellow brick road version, which I don't really care for. The yellow just doesn't do it for me. A couple questions. What was the original price of these? Does it have anything special that the other models didn't have? I can change the metal colors easy enough.
Thanks

Trade you my ECLE w/ 2.0 light boards!

#12399 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks

Going from memory the YBR changes are:

- Sparkle playfield
- Tornado/Toto/Castle mods
- Yellow sparkle armor
- Radcals
- Latest PC and cabinet
- Wooden apron
- Removal of the monkey mech

Changing the metal colors would be inadvisable; the game GUI is in yellow to match and it will be oddly mismatched (and ruined in terms of value to other collectors.)

I for one love the yellow and couldn't care less about the monkey mech.

#12400 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Going from memory the YBR changes are:
- Sparkle playfield
- Tornado/Toto/Castle mods
- Yellow sparkle armor
- Radcals
- Latest PC and cabinet
- Wooden apron
- Removal of the monkey mech
Changing the metal colors would be inadvisable; the game GUI is in yellow to match and it will be oddly mismatched (and ruined in terms of value to other collectors.)
I for one love the yellow and couldn't care less about the monkey mech.

The yellow is really nice...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/248?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.