20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 306.
#12251 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

How do you remove the stainless steel guards that are behind the Optos so I can reflow the solder connections?

Take the ramp off and unbolt them.

LTG : )

#12252 3 years ago

Question:
I want to change the battery on the motherboard of my ECLE.
Change while the machine is running, because of the BIOS settings?

#12253 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Yes please. Game turned on.

#12254 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Question:
I want to change the battery on the motherboard of my ECLE.

Watch out for the fan next to the battery. It draws blood.

#12256 3 years ago

Anyone have a set of 7.5 boards they want to sell? Or at least the rainbow and witch castle boards? Thanks!

#12257 3 years ago

I went to change the battery on my RR Woz and when I took the cover off of the electronics in the cabinet, this cable came off. I think it controls the crystal ball, as it is not currently working.

Can someone tell me where this cable connects? Photos would be apprciated.

Thanks,
Rob

Cable.pdfCable.pdf
#12258 3 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Can someone tell me where this cable connects?

Check the pinouts for the motherboard in the manual.

#12259 3 years ago

Can someone tell me if there is a way to level to castle playfield left to right? Mine is over one degree slanted. Thanks!

#12260 3 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

Can someone tell me if there is a way to level to castle playfield left to right? Mine is over one degree slanted. Thanks!

It sits on posts doesn’t it? Could you put a washer on one of the posts before you screw it back down? I haven’t tried this so just a thought.

#12261 3 years ago

Are you still able to cradle a ball? The pf might not be perfectly level by design.

If you change the pf angle, you may lose the rebound effect. If you can cradle the ball as it is now, it's probably ok. If the ball rolls toward the tip preventing the ability to cradle, then yeah, the angle would need an adjustment.

I was able to drastically increase the playability of the castle playfield by moving the left post at the exit to the right hole (closer to the flipper.)

After doing this, the ball had a significantly greater tendency to bounce back toward the flipper keeping it in play.

It requires a focused effort to drop the flipper waiting for the rebound, and then immediately cradle before the next shot.

#12262 3 years ago

I bought my RR, new, in 2014, first run. Everything I have been through, I have never seen this. At start up, will not progress from there. Lloyd@ LTG, or, anybody else have a clue? Thanks.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#12263 3 years ago

Quoted from Nokoro:

It sits on posts doesn’t it? Could you put a washer on one of the posts before you screw it back down? I haven’t tried this so just a thought.

Correct it sits on 4 post. Before adding washers or adding anything I would check that the four post are all screwed down firmly into the main playfield. It might be a matter of where one or two of the post aren't screwed down thus the pf is off. Once this is confirmed then make certain that the playfield is sitting on all four post.

In theory, the 4 post are the same length so if they're screwed into the main pf correctly and then the castle pf is sitting on all 4 the castle pf would be level to the main pf!

#12264 3 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I bought my RR, new, in 2014, first run. Everything I have been through, I have never seen this. At start up, will not progress from there. Lloyd@ LTG, or, anybody else have a clue? Thanks.
[quoted image]

That looks like the cmos (coin) battery on the motherboard is dead and needs to be replaced.

#12265 3 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

That looks like the cmos (coin) battery on the motherboard is dead and needs to be replaced.

Thanks for the reply. Just so I can understand the screen, what tells you that?

#12266 3 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Thanks for the reply. Just so I can understand the screen, what tells you that?

“All settings were reset to default values...

Cmos battery allows the bios settings to stay saved while the PC is off. I’ve seen it plenty of times with computers and arcade machines.

#12267 3 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Cmos battery allows the bios settings to stay saved while the PC is off. I’ve seen it plenty of times with computers and arcade machines.

Thank you.

#12268 3 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

I think best bet is to replace the battery. Then if it stll gets the message, I believe you’ll have to plug in a keyboard and hit F2 to continue to continue boot.

For now, if you have a usb keyboard, you should be able to plug it into the PC and then it hit F2 when the message comes up. Turn off the pinball machine first. Plug in keyboard, turn on pin. Hit F2 on keyboard when message is displayed. It should boot into game. But, expect the message to come back each time you turn on the pin until battery is replaced.

#12269 3 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

I think best bet is to replace the battery. Then if it stll gets the message, I believe you’ll have to plug in a keyboard and hit F2 to continue to continue boot.
For now, if you have a usb keyboard, you should be able to plug it into the PC and then it hit F2 when the message comes up. Turn off the pinball machine first. Plug in keyboard, turn on pin. Hit F2 on keyboard when message is displayed. It should boot into game. But, expect the message to come back each time you turn on the pin until battery is replaced.

I went to a local store and got CR2032 batteries, changed it, and it sprung to life, no problems other than a switch opto bugging me, again. Thank you very much.

#12270 3 years ago

Just acquired a WOZ standard with 7.5v 1.1 light boards. Half of my lights on the W1 board work(stops at number 2 and everything in the string behind it is dark) ). Would this potentially be a cable problem or board circuitry. Looking for a place to start troubleshooting

Thanks in advance, Chris

#12271 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Just acquired a WOZ standard with 7.5v 1.1 light boards. Half of my lights on the W1 board work(stops at number 2 and everything in the string behind it is dark) ). Would this potentially be a cable problem or board circuitry. Looking for a place to start troubleshooting
Thanks in advance, Chris

Probably the board, a 2.0 light board system was released to correct the issue.

#12272 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Probably the board, a 2.0 light board system was released to correct the issue.

Im on the wait list

#12273 3 years ago

Having some strange symptoms I haven't been able to chase down yet.

During gameplay the RESCUE will pop up randomly ever though I'm not on that upper playfield. It has happened even with the Winkie guard up. Its happened at the exact time I pressed the right flipper, but unsure if thats just a coincidence. It does not stay active but pops up and then dissapears again.

Any guidance on what to check first? My monkey did not release the ball prior to this happening last game, but again I'm not sure if that is related.

What would make it activate?

#12274 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Having some strange symptoms I haven't been able to chase down yet.
During gameplay the RESCUE will pop up randomly ever though I'm not on that upper playfield. It has happened even with the Winkie guard up. Its happened at the exact time I pressed the right flipper, but unsure if thats just a coincidence. It does not stay active but pops up and then dissapears again.
Any guidance on what to check first? My monkey did not release the ball prior to this happening last game, but again I'm not sure if that is related.
What would make it activate?

Likely one of the switches on the castle playfield is gapped too close and being triggered by flipper vibration. The game thinks the ball is up there when it isn’t. Put game in switch test mode and bang around that playfield with your fist to see if anything triggers.

#12275 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Likely one of the switches on the castle playfield is gapped too close and being triggered by flipper vibration. The game thinks the ball is up there when it isn’t. Put game in switch test mode and bang around that playfield with your fist to see if anything triggers.

I will do just that. Thank you!

#12276 3 years ago

I have the Castle walls with cauldron for sale. Pm if you are interested. New in box, never installed unfortunatelly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/castle-wall-mod-and-well

0CACD71C-5938-4C0C-B7DB-E51CC42ED965 (resized).jpeg0CACD71C-5938-4C0C-B7DB-E51CC42ED965 (resized).jpeg4E46B2EC-AA59-480A-9D7C-BDAF79DEFAB0 (resized).jpeg4E46B2EC-AA59-480A-9D7C-BDAF79DEFAB0 (resized).jpeg7257BD03-907B-4BA4-824C-1E5B3E390EE4 (resized).jpeg7257BD03-907B-4BA4-824C-1E5B3E390EE4 (resized).jpeg80A91666-AD33-421E-AEE7-3FB13DF1107C (resized).jpeg80A91666-AD33-421E-AEE7-3FB13DF1107C (resized).jpeg8C1367FB-D3CF-4447-8811-89F9F715A266 (resized).jpeg8C1367FB-D3CF-4447-8811-89F9F715A266 (resized).jpegB75176FD-09B0-4E28-A186-350873A78FC0 (resized).jpegB75176FD-09B0-4E28-A186-350873A78FC0 (resized).jpeg
pictures are from the topic

#12277 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

I have the Castle walls with cauldron for sale. Pm if you are interested. New in box, never installed unfortunatelly.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/castle-wall-mod-and-well
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
pictures are from the topic

Those are really good looking walls! Cauldron is cool, too. If you can’t get Gouveia’s witch, that cauldron would be pretty bad ass. Pretty steep tag though.

#12278 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement led light for the witch’s mod? Seems the wire came loose from the leds and not sure where previous owner got the mod from. Thanks!

911B8ED3-9831-472C-80D7-29B3F5CF4969 (resized).jpeg911B8ED3-9831-472C-80D7-29B3F5CF4969 (resized).jpeg

#12279 3 years ago

Lermods.com

#12280 3 years ago

If anyone has a Ruby Red edition they are planning to sell in the near future (ideally with the new 2.0 boards), PM me. Willing to pick up when the border opens or shipping is an option as well. Thanks.

#12281 3 years ago

Hi WoZ fans... just want to let you know about our Lit Ramp Sign now open for the 2nd batch group.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-lighted-ramp-sign-by-pmc#post-6196186

DSC_0007-1-1200x800 (resized).jpgDSC_0007-1-1200x800 (resized).jpg
#12282 3 years ago

If the balls don’t release from the munchkin lock is the prevailing thought that the bar is not lifting enough?

#12283 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

If the balls don’t release from the munchkin lock is the prevailing thought that the bar is not lifting enough?

Play with the timing in coil settings first.

#12284 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Check the coil wire for cold or badly soldered joints first then
See if the mounting screw that secures the bar is tight before any adjustments.

The bar should not be able to be moved side to side.

A loose bar or loose coil makes the lift very inconsistant.

In fact, while looking at the mechanism with the Huts plastic off, check all of its fasteners including the big single screw that holds the coil. All should be snug.

When making timing adjustments, only change the numbers by 3 or 5 at a time to dial it in.

Small adjustments to the timing work best, write down the original numbers. Otherwise it can be maddening to get it right,

#12285 3 years ago

sadly one of my my original red shoe flipper bat broke today... i was disappointed to see that the part is not available on JJP store anymore, is there any other way i can find a replacement?

#12286 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

sadly one of my my original red shoe flipper bat broke today... i was disappointed to see that the part is not available on JJP store anymore, is there any other way i can find a replacement?

The last time one of mine broke, it said it was unavailable. But I contacted them via email and they have them. You just need to reach out.

#12287 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Hi WoZ fans... just want to let you know about our Lit Ramp Sign now open for the 2nd batch group.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-lighted-ramp-sign-by-pmc#post-6196186
[quoted image]

That is pretty nice, Im in

#12288 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If anyone has a Ruby Red edition they are planning to sell in the near future (ideally with the new 2.0 boards), PM me. Willing to pick up when the border opens or shipping is an option as well. Thanks.

I wouldnt be surprised if border closed for a long long long time still. Whats up with that?

#12289 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Save the pieces and glue it with CA gel glue to a new sparkly flipper:

https://shop.thepinwitch.com/Flipper-Parts/Flipper-Bat-and-Shaft-Assys/Flipperbat-Transparent-red---with-Glitter-and-Jersey-Jack-Logo.html?language=en

JJP might have some but not in red glitter.

Rick was the last guy who had them and I think he's sold out.

#12290 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Save the pieces and glue it with CA gel glue to a new sparkly flipper:
https://shop.thepinwitch.com/Flipper-Parts/Flipper-Bat-and-Shaft-Assys/Flipperbat-Transparent-red---with-Glitter-and-Jersey-Jack-Logo.html?language=en
JJP might have some but not in red glitter.
Rick was the last guy who had them and I think he's sold out.

Here ya go!
https://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/flipper-bat-set-l-r-w-ruby-slipper-wizard-of-oz/

#12291 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

https://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/flipper-bat-set-l-r-w-ruby-slipper-wizard-of-oz/

#12293 3 years ago

very cool, thanks guys!

#12294 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

very cool, thanks guys!

Let me look, I might have a spare.

#12295 3 years ago

Hey guys, after finally updating my emerald yesterday to the most recent code I feel like the image on the screen is not as clear and crisp as it was with the 6 update. Am I imagining this or does the monitor need to be adjusted now ?

#12296 3 years ago

I have a handful of those red glitter bats if you need one or two locally.

#12297 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Let me look, I might have a spare.

Taylor to the rescue!

#12298 3 years ago

My WOZrr started some strange behavior last night that I can't seem to wrap my head around. The game had been working fine up until last night and I have not lifted the hood in a while, so nothing recently changed as a part of anything I had done.

So initially, the game would play fine until the ball hit the upper left pop. Once it hit that pop, the flipper power would die and some random coils might fire (castle VUK or crystal ball VUK) until the ball would drain. Once the ball would drain, the house would spin for a second and then the flipper power would return and a new ball would get fed to the trough. Game would be fine until that upper left pop got hit again and then the same thing would happen.

I rebooted the game and same problem existed. Raised the hood thinking something on that pop might be shorting out on the side rail, but nothing I could see looked wrong. Put it back together and went to coil tests. Initially when testing that upper left pop, it would also briefly cause the house to spin once or twice, then that stopped. I went through the other coils and when I would test the castle VUK and then go to the crystal ball VUK, it would switch, but then fire the castle VUK one more time about 5-10 seconds into the CB VUK test. Also did through same the other way, firing the CB VUK during the castle VUK test.

Anyway, tried playing again and the game suddenly began to play fine with the upper left pop not killing the flippers. All was good until it hit the crystal ball VUK, and then that coil killed the flippers until the drain, the house spun for a second, before all was restored again.

Another strange thing was at one point back when the upper left pop killed the flippers, the game was awarding jackpots and super jackpots with callous as the ball was coming down the field to drain. I think this was happening while other coils were mysteriously firing.

Anyway, I have never seen behavior like this and don't even know where to begin diagnosing this problem. Anyone seen anything like this before and have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

#12299 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

My WOZrr started some strange behavior last night that I can't seem to wrap my head around. The game had been working fine up until last night and I have not lifted the hood in a while, so nothing recently changed as a part of anything I had done.
So initially, the game would play fine until the ball hit the upper left pop. Once it hit that pop, the flipper power would die and some random coils might fire (castle VUK or crystal ball VUK) until the ball would drain. Once the ball would drain, the house would spin for a second and then the flipper power would return and a new ball would get fed to the trough. Game would be fine until that upper left pop got hit again and then the same thing would happen.
I rebooted the game and same problem existed. Raised the hood thinking something on that pop might be shorting out on the side rail, but nothing I could see looked wrong. Put it back together and went to coil tests. Initially when testing that upper left pop, it would also briefly cause the house to spin once or twice, then that stopped. I went through the other coils and when I would test the castle VUK and then go to the crystal ball VUK, it would switch, but then fire the castle VUK one more time about 5-10 seconds into the CB VUK test. Also did through same the other way, firing the CB VUK during the castle VUK test.
Anyway, tried playing again and the game suddenly began to play fine with the upper left pop not killing the flippers. All was good until it hit the crystal ball VUK, and then that coil killed the flippers until the drain, the house spun for a second, before all was restored again.
Another strange thing was at one point back when the upper left pop killed the flippers, the game was awarding jackpots and super jackpots with callous as the ball was coming down the field to drain. I think this was happening while other coils were mysteriously firing.
Anyway, I have never seen behavior like this and don't even know where to begin diagnosing this problem. Anyone seen anything like this before and have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance...

Just a hunch, but the bracket and switch for the skill shot is really close to the rail and can cause a short to ground especially with the left pop firing right next to it. Try wrapping the bracket and switch in electrical tape — not a bad precaution in any case; see some of my earlier posts where I had a major issue with it — and see if that helps anything.

#12300 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Just a hunch, but the bracket and switch for the skill shot is really close to the rail and can cause a short to ground especially with the left pop firing right next to it. Try wrapping the bracket and switch in electrical tape — not a bad precaution in any case; see some of my earlier posts where I had a major issue with it — and see if that helps anything.

I'll give it a shot, can't hurt. In the meantime, open to any other ideas or experiences... I'll report back later and see if this made any type of difference, thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 91.00
13,000 (OBO)
$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.50
14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/246?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.