20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 306.
#12201 3 years ago

Hey all, looking for some help. Is anyone else having issues with balls getting stuck in munchkinland? It's random, but becoming more frequent. During play, I often have to open the coin door in order for the lover to release the balls. Sometimes that doesn't even do it and I have to pull the glass and manually lift the lever to release the balls. it used to be a blue moon issue, but is becoming more and more frequent. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you.

#12202 3 years ago
Quoted from RoboBot:

Hey all, looking for some help. Is anyone else having issues with balls getting stuck in munchkinland? It's random, but becoming more frequent. During play, I often have to open the coin door in order for the lover to release the balls. Sometimes that doesn't even do it and I have to pull the glass and manually lift the lever to release the balls. it used to be a blue moon issue, but is becoming more and more frequent. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you.

There are multiple posts in this thread about bending the tab to make this work more reliably. Do a search in this thread for "bending" or "tab" and you should be able to find them. Look specifically for posts from LTG.

#12203 3 years ago
Quoted from RoboBot:

What bobukcat said. The arm is too low.

#12204 3 years ago

Thanks to both of you. Knew LTG would know right away. Well, Scott's munchkinland arrived today so it's a good time to get er done! It's a great looking mod.

#12205 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

What does everyone set their flipper strength settings to? Trying to use the best strength without breaking things.

While you're at it, if the previous owner hasn't already done so I would reduce the crystal ball VUK some as default setting is way too strong. I also toned down the pop bumpers a bit and the upper sling below the OZ lanes as that rubber is prone to breakage.

#12206 3 years ago

My weekend project. Installing this mod!

0EF92B17-3172-43C3-A2B7-4574189CBA5F (resized).jpeg0EF92B17-3172-43C3-A2B7-4574189CBA5F (resized).jpeg
#12207 3 years ago

Hi Guys,

Have a small, minor problem maybe someone can help with. I noticed that when plugging in my headphones, I cannot access these two greyed out options in the menu. I would like to make the headphone jack volume louder than it is, without adjusting the machine volume. I am at the max so far.

So far I cant seem to figure out how to do it...

20210227_072537 (resized).jpg20210227_072537 (resized).jpg
#12208 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hi Guys,
Have a small, minor problem maybe someone can help with. I noticed that when plugging in my headphones, I cannot access these two greyed out options in the menu. I would like to make the headphone jack volume louder than it is, without adjusting the machine volume. I am at the max so far.
So far I cant seem to figure out how to do it...[quoted image]

I don't know the fix but found these threads. Maybe they can help.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-low-headphone-volume
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/headphones-dont-work-on-woz

#12209 3 years ago

Thanks... The first link was a bit useful... Just still not sure why these two options are greyed out when the headphones are plugged in. All I want to do is increase that one option for headphone volume...

#12210 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks... The first link was a bit useful... Just still not sure why these two options are greyed out when the headphones are plugged in. All I want to do is increase that one option for headphone volume...

May be a dumb question but .... can you adjust them first and then plug in the headphones?

#12211 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

May be a dumb question but .... can you adjust them first and then plug in the headphones?

Well, they do work and what I can do is simply open the door to turn the machine volume up, which increases the headphone volume higher.

What I simply wanted to do was increase that one setting so that the headphone volume is much higher, then be able to use the coin door headphone controls to lower it down to where I want. As it is now, the max headphone volume is simply too low.

Like I said, its a minor annoyance issue. I just don't like having to crank up the machine volume to get decent headphone volume because I know I will forget to lower the machine volume and then it will be super loud when I unplug the headphone or turn back on the machine at my next time playing. I have two young daughters and I play at night mostly, so loud noises are to be avoided ha.

#12212 3 years ago

I really wish the crystal ball was more reliable!? The connector pins fell off my computer board. I took the board off the crystal ball and sent it back to JJP . They resoldered it for $25 + shipping. It works again but about 1/2 the time the image is just garbled colors or upside down text.

The ball (or TV inside it) is mounted at such a weird angle that only someone 5 foot tall could easily see the images inside it. Taller people have to duck down and to the right to see the images. Did JJP not do any research or quality control on this basically useless toy?

Does anyone else have these problems with the crystal ball?

#12213 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I really wish the crystal ball was more reliable!? The connector pins fell off my computer board. I took the board off the crystal ball and sent it back to JJP . They resoldered it for $25 + shipping. It works again but about 1/2 the time the image is just garbled colors or upside down text.
The ball (or TV inside it) is mounted at such a weird angle that only someone 5 foot tall could easily see the images inside it. Taller people have to duck down and to the right to see the images. Did JJP not do any research or quality control on this basically useless toy?

I have the same issues with my CB, I don’t know how to fix it and just assume I’m shit out of luck.

#12214 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Quoted from TaylorVA:

I have the same issues with my CB, I don’t know how to fix it and just assume I’m shit out of luck.

I installed the crystal ball mod upgrade. It’s fully adjustable for image size and position.

#12215 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I installed the crystal ball mod upgrade. It’s fully adjustable for image size and position.

Didn’t even know this was a thing. Is through JJP?

#12217 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I replaced it with a new LED screen, rock solid now.

#12218 3 years ago

Same here...installed PinballMods crystal ball upgrade and new OLED screen from JJP. Not cheap, but no more issues and crystal ball is adjusted where I can see it from my playing position. I’m 6’2 so the factory crystal ball position wasn’t ideal for me.

#12219 3 years ago

The Gouveia Crystal Ball mod is the crown jewel... handmade. Seriously, it's a work of art. No 3D printing. Meticulously detailed.

It re-orients the ball image so it's easy to see. I'm 6'2"

If you can find one, highly recommend.
Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 8.25.59 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-28 at 8.25.59 AM (resized).png

38544477-AFB3-4DA1-A35A-DE71AE0B47E2 (resized).jpeg38544477-AFB3-4DA1-A35A-DE71AE0B47E2 (resized).jpeg5E5BE025-2CF4-402D-B5B0-AFEA80EBE31B (resized).jpeg5E5BE025-2CF4-402D-B5B0-AFEA80EBE31B (resized).jpegBB423B5D-0632-4B3A-8F3F-0E9406F26FFF (resized).jpegBB423B5D-0632-4B3A-8F3F-0E9406F26FFF (resized).jpeg
#12220 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The Gouveia Crystal Ball mod is the crown jewel... handmade. Seriously, it's a work of art. No 3D printing. Meticulously detailed.
It re-orients the ball image so it's easy to see. I'm 6'2"
If you can find one, highly recommend.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man I always miss out on these mods

#12221 3 years ago

Can you send some pics taken from your machine? Ive been curious about this mod since you can adjust the angles but havent seen any pictures from players...

#12222 3 years ago

Looking for WOZ std #530. I’m the original owner and been on search to see if I could locate it and maybe buy it back. Long shot but thought I try posting in the club thread.
Thanks

#12223 3 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

Looking for WOZ std #530. I’m the original owner and been on search to see if I could locate it and maybe buy it back. Long shot but thought I try posting in the club thread.
Thanks

Good luck with your search.
If you get the story of it let us know.

#12224 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Good luck with your search.
If you get the story of it let us know.

Wondering if OP just remembered hiding something valuable in it lol.

#12225 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Can you send some pics taken from your machine? Ive been curious about this mod since you can adjust the angles but havent seen any pictures from players...

Players perspective. In my case I had to insert a small spacer underneath (blue key fob visible). Otherwise the ball was contacting the crystal ball on the u-turn ramp and getting bumped off the wireform. All machines are slightly different and my wireform is sitting about 1/8" too high.

987DF46A-ED0D-49B7-92FC-979F36E555B9 (resized).jpeg987DF46A-ED0D-49B7-92FC-979F36E555B9 (resized).jpeg6D6AF3CF-CC41-439E-8BB2-E4B4D1F6956A (resized).jpeg6D6AF3CF-CC41-439E-8BB2-E4B4D1F6956A (resized).jpeg612081D0-C1C2-464F-8CF4-364DCDE5A273 (resized).jpeg612081D0-C1C2-464F-8CF4-364DCDE5A273 (resized).jpeg7BE02D71-3A27-4CE0-8E3A-6C2A9B5B47A2 (resized).jpeg7BE02D71-3A27-4CE0-8E3A-6C2A9B5B47A2 (resized).jpeg

#12226 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Players perspective. In my case I had to insert a small spacer underneath (blue key fob visible). Otherwise the ball was contacting the crystal ball on the u-turn ramp and getting bumped off the wireform. All machines are slightly different and my wireform is sitting about 1/8" too high.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. The mod looks good.

Curious, you had to put the spacer in the front to prop it up. I would think that would make it sit further back towards the wireform, where the ball could hit it more?

How does that mod install? Is it using that bolt/nut that holds the wireform as the stock did?

#12227 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks. The mod looks good.
Curious, you had to put the spacer in the front to prop it up. I would think that would make it sit further back towards the wireform, where the ball could hit it more?
How does that mod install? Is it using that bolt/nut that holds the wireform as the stock did?

The spacer goes all the way back. The whole base is lifted about 1/8".

The install/adjustment is a PITA. But once it's in it's awesome. You can't make adjustments when it's installed. Has to be removed, adjusted, installed again.

I just had most adjustment screws/bolts tight enough for some friction but still moveable. Once I was happy I carefully uninstalled and tightened everything, then re-installed. Once I started playing that's when I noticed the pinball would fall off the wireform. Tried a lot of things but in the end just lifting the base a little provided the clearance I needed.

#12228 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Thanks but it's $115 and it's out of stock. Probably not worth the money just to be able to see into the ball a bit better. I'm sure there's a cheaper and easier way. Spacers, washers etc etc etc.

#12229 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

CB mod from where? thanks

This has to be the PMC crystal ball mod because the Gouveia crystal ball mod is unobtanium.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmc-woz-crystal-ball-upgrade-announcement-

#12230 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

This has to be the PMC crystal ball mod because the Gouveia crystal ball mod is unobtanium.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmc-woz-crystal-ball-upgrade-announcement-

Quoted from MrMikeman:

The spacer goes all the way back. The whole base is lifted about 1/8".
The install/adjustment is a PITA. But once it's in it's awesome. You can't make adjustments when it's installed. Has to be removed, adjusted, installed again.
I just had most adjustment screws/bolts tight enough for some friction but still moveable. Once I was happy I carefully uninstalled and tightened everything, then re-installed. Once I started playing that's when I noticed the pinball would fall off the wireform. Tried a lot of things but in the end just lifting the base a little provided the clearance I needed.

Yea thats a bit of a pain. I was under the impression that you could just adjust it on the fly if needed.

Im not really a fan of either of the Crystal Ball mods. The other one by Gouveia, I do not like that you have to break your original mod to install the new one, and personally, i have a hard time with that pan handle base. Just dont find that attractive at all and sticks out like a sore thumb.. To each their own of course.

All in all, the stock crystal ball doesn't bother me really at all. I just wanted to be able to adjust it.

#12231 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yea thats a bit of a pain. I was under the impression that you could just adjust it on the fly if needed.
Im not really a fan of either of the Crystal Ball mods. The other one by Gouveia, I do not like that you have to break your original mod to install the new one, and personally, i have a hard time with that pan handle base. Just dont find that attractive at all and sticks out like a sore thumb.. To each their own of course.
All in all, the stock crystal ball doesn't bother me really at all. I just wanted to be able to adjust it.

I don't understand what you mean by having to break something. The PMC mod requires you to re-use the screen (of course otherwise the price would be insane). You don't break anything. Just remove the screen and re-attach it to the improved crystal ball. One thing I have to mention and isn't really visible in pictures is how bright the image is in the new ball. The contrast is amazing. The JJP ball is plastic. The mod is real glass. Makes a big difference.

#12232 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I don't understand what you mean by having to break something. The PMC mod requires you to re-use the screen (of course otherwise the price would be insane). You don't break anything. Just remove the screen and re-attach it to the improved crystal ball. One thing I have to mention and isn't really visible in pictures is how bright the image is in the new ball. The contrast is amazing. The JJP ball is plastic. The mod is real glass. Makes a big difference.

He was talking about the Gouveia mod. In that one, you reuse your original crystal ball, so you have to break it from the stock mount, which results in the stock mount being destroyed most of the time. The PMC mod supplies you with a new crystal ball, so your original one stays intact.

#12233 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I guess you didnt understand where I referred to the other crystal ball mod where you have to break the stock part?

#12234 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

He was talking about the Gouveia mod. In that one, you reuse your original crystal ball, so you have to break it from the stock mount, which results in the stock mount being destroyed most of the time. The PMC mod supplies you with a new crystal ball, so your original one stays intact.

Correct.

#12235 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Didn't break my stock mount...

#12236 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I guess you didnt understand where I referred to the other crystal ball mod where you have to break the stock part?

I know you referred to his mod but I didn't know that about Steve's mod. Kinda surprised really. Getting a real glass ball makes a very noticeable difference I would have thought his mod would have that given the quality of his stuff.. Time for a cyrstal ball v2.0!!!

#12237 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I know you referred to his mod but I didn't know that about Steve's mod. Kinda surprised really. Getting a real glass ball makes a very noticeable difference I would have thought his mod would have that given the quality of his stuff.. Time for a cyrstal ball v2.0!!!

I was surprised that it didnt come with another glass ball also, especially for the cost. 2.0 hahaha

Myself, I never like getting rid of stock parts because you never know when you will need it..

#12238 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Didn't break my stock mount...

There was no saving my mount. JJP overdid it with the glue (cement) and I actually had to file off a bunch of the leftover mount that was still stuck to the ball when I finally got it free. All good though, Steve's mod is a thing of beauty once it was all put together and installed.

#12239 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

There was no saving my mount. JJP overdid it with the glue (cement) and I actually had to file off a bunch of the leftover mount that was still stuck to the ball when I finally got it free. All good though, Steve's mod is a thing of beauty once it was all put together and installed.

They must’ve learned a lesson from the first run. The ball on my original standard WOZ appears to be held on by little more than a repositionsble glue dot. I have to remember to take it off the base before lifting the playfield or it’ll fall right off!

#12240 3 years ago

I installed my munchkin hut mod today. Overall, I think it is a nice addition that improves the look of the game. Here is a before and after photo.

196DADD1-3CA8-4E4F-A33F-9E19F40B41EE (resized).jpeg196DADD1-3CA8-4E4F-A33F-9E19F40B41EE (resized).jpegBB0570A4-C310-478C-96F7-FF9CA82A6EEA (resized).jpegBB0570A4-C310-478C-96F7-FF9CA82A6EEA (resized).jpeg
#12241 3 years ago

Wow, that hut mod is a true beauty in its own, and a huge improvement over the rather ugly stock one.

#12242 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I installed my munchkin hut mod today. Overall, I think it is a nice addition that improves the look of the game. Here is a before and after photo.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Your blades look great and congrats on your new mod. Thanks for posting.

#12243 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

That mod looks great, nice job! I’d jump on it myself, but that doesn’t look like it will work well with Pinstadiums, so it’s a pass for me. I have the PMC crystal ball and flaming witch mods and they are amazing

#12244 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That mod looks great, nice job! I’d jump on it myself, but that doesn’t look like it will work well with Pinstadiums, so it’s a pass for me. I have the PMC crystal ball and flaming witch mods and they are amazing

You dont think there is enough room with the stadiums?

Nevermind, I didnt see that top piece at first.

#12245 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Your blades look great and congrats on your new mod. Thanks for posting.

I agree, those blades are great. Wish they still made those ones.

#12246 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Curious, are the lights on the huts interactive?

#12247 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Curious, are the lights on the huts interactive?

I think there's a V2 coming that can be retrofit on V1 that will have interactive lights.

#12248 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I think there's a V2 coming that can be retrofit on V1 that will have interactive lights.

Oh very interesting...

#12249 3 years ago

On the crystal ball mod, I just installed Steve’s which also makes a big difference in the effect (i think the original mount just held it at a bad angle). On mine the base had a very reasonable glue dot that allowed me to remove it with very little damage to the original base. If ever needed I could absolutely reuse it (not that I would).

A glass ball also sounds awesome though.

Also, this week I got the Witch 2.0 so I have my 1.0 Witch mod going up for sale. Putting up a classified ad after work.

#12250 3 years ago

Hey guys, my Second ball lock onto on the 3 ball lock mechanism has an Intermittent connection at the opto, How do you remove the stainless steel guards that are behind the Optos so I can reflow the solder connections?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.50
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,000 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/245?hl=robobot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.