image (resized).jpg
767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 306.
#12151 3 years ago

Interesting, thanks. Will do some research and compare, but I doubt I’ll rip out the Pinball Mods witch because it’s bad ass!

#12152 3 years ago

Can someone please tell me the fix to my frozen crystal ball screen ? Right when the horse of multiple colors shows up it freezes until I physical turn off and on the machine. Is reseating the SD card the answer? Where is the sd card?
Thanks

#12153 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Interesting, thanks. Will do some research and compare, but I doubt I’ll rip out the Pinball Mods witch because it’s bad ass!

You will if you ever see Steve's in person. For starters, it's not 3D printed.

#12154 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You will if you ever see Steve's in person. For starters, it's not 3D printed.

It's a moot point. Steve's is limited and if you aren't already on the list to get one then you can't get it.

I am waiting for my witch from Steve and I have the pinball-mods one in the meantime. I can't compare yet but once I have both I will be able to see the diff.

#12155 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Where is the sd card?
Thanks

Behind the crystal ball. Reseat the connector too and at the motherboard.

LTG : )

#12156 3 years ago

Which Titan or other full rubber kit is the cats meow for a Ruby Red WOZ? I need to replace a broken sling rubber under the munchkin playfield and might as well do all new rubber while I’m in there. Which rubbers play and look amazing on this pin? I’ve heard good things about Titan, but definitely don’t want that extra bouncy rubber like what’s in Alice Cooper.

#12157 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Which Titan or other full rubber kit is the cats meow for a Ruby Red WOZ? I need to replace a broken sling rubber under the munchkin playfield and might as well do all new rubber while I’m in there. Which rubbers play and look amazing on this pin? I’ve heard good things about Titan, but definitely don’t want that extra bouncy rubber like what’s in Alice Cooper.

A 2" white rubber ring plays the best under the munchkin playfield. Early games came with it stock.

I have tried the black and a titan, the STC white rubber ring plays better and has a bit more action,

#12158 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It's a moot point. Steve's is limited and if you aren't already on the list to get one then you can't get it.
I am waiting for my witch from Steve and I have the pinball-mods one in the meantime. I can't compare yet but once I have both I will be able to see the diff.

Agreed. But he was talking about comparing...not what's available.

#12159 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Titan color matched kit is amazing. I modified it a bit but it works perfectly for this game. They don't play that bouncy on this game for some reason. On my R&M they were way too bouncy.

#12160 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Titan color matched kit is amazing. I modified it a bit but it works perfectly for this game. They don't play that bouncy on this game for some reason. On my R&M they were way too bouncy.

Nice, would you happen to have a link to that color matched Titan kit and any pics? I worked on my WOZ all day and fixed the crystal ball (new OLED display), a mechanical clearance issue with the left pop bumper and a blown F710 fuse. Game is 100% fixed again, I played for about an hour. Forgot what an amazing pin this is, it’s never leaving. Now just need to replace all of the lifeless original rubber and give it a good detail and polish.

#12161 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Nice, would you happen to have a link to that color matched Titan kit and any pics? I worked on my WOZ all day and fixed the crystal ball (new OLED display), a mechanical clearance issue with the left pop bumper and a blown F710 fuse. Game is 100% fixed again, I played for about an hour. Forgot what an amazing pin this is, it’s never leaving. Now just need to replace all of the lifeless original rubber and give it a good detail and polish.

Nice!

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/457

I think that's it. I'd use the manual to confirm which colors for which rubbers you want where. I've done yellow for the munchkinland flipper and red, both look great, for example.

#12162 3 years ago

Does anyone know when they started using the better screens in the WOZ? I recall the original games had an older version of the screen that was updated later on. Thanks for the help!

#12163 3 years ago

Another stock can o’ witch owner here.

#12164 3 years ago

Nice!
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/457
I think that's it. I'd use the manual to confirm which colors for which rubbers you want where. I've done yellow for the munchkinland flipper and red, both look great, for example.

Thanks for the tip Scott! I used this and the manual to put together a just slightly semi-customized order.

Went with Perfect Plays (from Pinball Life) though. Hoping to retain the bounciness (based on my ACNC's orig PP rubbers) of my WoZ's current white rubbers while adding some color as well.

#12165 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Thanks for the tip Scott! I used this and the manual to put together a just slightly semi-customized order.
Went with Perfect Plays (from Pinball Life) though. Hoping to retain the bounciness (based on my ACNC's orig PP rubbers) of my WoZ's current white rubbers while adding some color as well.

I have all the flipper rubbers imaginable...

Perfect Play flipper rubber plays the best on WOZ and TH in my opinion.

#12166 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I have all the flipper rubbers imaginable...
Perfect Play flipper rubber plays the best on WOZ and TH in my opinion.

I agree perfect play are awesome. In fact I forgot I did move to them for flippers on WoZ and all my games. Titan makes it too easy to order.

#12167 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Nope there's 2 of us !

Steve's witch has to be seen to be believed. Worth every cent. It may change your mind seeing it in person. It is a work of art. In fairness always hated the witch in the cup.

Witch1 (resized).jpgWitch1 (resized).jpgWitch2 (resized).jpgWitch2 (resized).jpg

#12168 3 years ago

I see that JJP has a playfield protector set on their website. Does anyone know what it consists of? Thanks in advance!

#12169 3 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

I see that JJP has a playfield protector set on their website. Does anyone know what it consists of? Thanks in advance!

Are you referring to the mylar set? I thought it had a picture. I believe, among other pieces, it has the mylar for the TNPLH balloon area and the pop bumpers. Also winky target. I don't know if it comes installed on every game, but well worth it if you don't have those pieces.

#12170 3 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Yes. I have one. Had the same question. my post here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/235#post-6021331
Nate explained it and I added it to my order immediately. It is a 3 piece set consisting of all 3 playfield plastic protectors. It's thick plastic like lexan almost. Unbelievable deal. The F-14 Tomcat I bought came with one and I installed it. Pretty awesome for an older title to protect the playfield. So I jumped on this deal. They are normally pretty pricey. My plan is to do the upper playfields and only if I need to I'll install the lower as that would be a pretty sizeable job.
It has no Mylar in the set. Maybe that is another package they sell. I made some mylar templates for the balloon area, inlanes etc... and the bumper area was provided by a pinsider on here I believe.
r/
Mike

#12171 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Yes. I have one. Had the same question. my post here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/235#post-6021331
Nate explained it and I added it to my order immediately. It is a 3 piece set consisting of all 3 playfield plastic protectors. It's thick plastic like lexan almost. Unbelievable deal. The F-14 Tomcat I bought came with one and I installed it. Pretty awesome for an older title to protect the playfield. So I jumped on this deal. They are normally pretty pricey. My plan is to do the upper playfields and only if I need to I'll install the lower as that would be a pretty sizeable job.
It has no Mylar in the set. Maybe that is another package they sell. I made some mylar templates for the balloon area, inlanes etc... and the bumper area was provided by a pinsider on here I believe.
r/
Mike

AH yeah, they definitely have the mylar. That's cool, didn't know they sold actual playfield protectors.

#12172 3 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

I bought my WOZrr with the playfield protectors installed from the factory. It is a 3 piece set for the main and both uppers. Typical playfield protector like you see available for any other title. I believe initially they were getting them from the guy in Germany who makes the protectors. Whether he still supplies them or they went inhouse, I do not know. But mine have been on for 4 years now with no issues and I know I have a pristine playfield underneath if I ever decide to take them off.

#12173 3 years ago

Are you referring to the mylar set? I thought it had a picture. I believe, among other pieces, it has the mylar for the TNPLH balloon area and the pop bumpers. Also winky target. I don't know if it comes installed on every game, but well worth it if you don't have those pieces.

Quoted from mikepmcs:

r/
Mike

Quoted from Calfdemon:

I bought my WOZrr with the playfield protectors installed from the factory. It is a 3 piece set for the main and both uppers. Typical playfield protector like you see available for any other title. I believe initially they were getting them from the guy in Germany who makes the protectors. Whether he still supplies them or they went inhouse, I do not know. But mine have been on for 4 years now with no issues and I know I have a pristine playfield underneath if I ever decide to take them off.

Thanks guys!!

#12174 3 years ago

Anyone have a working General Illumination board, 5 Volt they would like to sell me? Bought one from JJP but don’t know how long they will take to ship. Just checking if anyone has one lying around they would like to get rid of.
Thanks,
Tom

#12175 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Steve's witch has to be seen to be believed. Worth every cent. It may change your mind seeing it in person. It is a work of art. In fairness always hated the witch in the cup.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That really is awesome!!! Where can you buy these mate?

#12176 3 years ago
Quoted from Nato01:

That really is awesome!!! Where can you buy these mate?

You can't (limited run all sold out). But you may be able to buy a used Steve Witch v1.0 since a lot of those owners are upgrading to the 2.0 version.

#12177 3 years ago

So getting back to the Power Supply possible issue (Original post #12069). It does appear the toroidal transformer is toasty, is there a way to check these and if it is bad can you replace them or is it best t just replace the board??

61A6C6B7-7D57-40B7-A02F-13782D63C58A (resized).jpeg61A6C6B7-7D57-40B7-A02F-13782D63C58A (resized).jpeg
#12178 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

So getting back to the Power Supply possible issue (Original post #12069). It does appear the toroidal transformer is toasty, is there a way to check these and if it is bad can you replace them or is it best t just replace the board??[quoted image]

I think that's just black paint on the windings and I also believe it's fairly normal for it to get hot enough to eventually discolor the board a little bit especially if you leave the game on for long periods of time. As long as everything is working properly I'm not sure it's something you should worry too much about. Also that will test as a short with any kind of ohm meter you would have.

#12179 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think that's just black paint on the windings and I also believe it's fairly normal for it to get hot enough to eventually discolor the board a little bit especially if you leave the game on for long periods of time. As long as everything is working properly I'm not sure it's something you should worry too much about. Also that will test as a short with any kind of ohm meter you would have.

Yeah I just had the game on for 10 min and that coil was so hot, after turning the machine off, it actually burned my finger. JJP advised can replace it but they no longer have them (gave the impression they're no longer available). I am by no means electrical engineer but I can de-solder and solder components. Can anyone advise as to a replacement part?

#12180 3 years ago

This green light under the rainbow plastic showed up today right when I turn the pinball on. It stays on permanently after.
Any idea what it could be ? I've never seen it.

PXL_20210218_021638519 (resized).jpgPXL_20210218_021638519 (resized).jpg
#12181 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

This green light under the rainbow plastic showed up today right when I turn the pinball on. It stays on permanently after.
Any idea what it could be ? I've never seen it.[quoted image]

I think that’s normal. There’s a little indicator light on the LED boards if I remember correctly. Those are 2.0 boards, right?

#12182 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I think that’s normal. There’s a little indicator light on the LED boards if I remember correctly. Those are 2.0 boards, right?

Yes 2.0, I've installed them almost a year ago. I'm surprised I've never seen that green light, but maybe I didn't pay attention

#12183 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah I just had the game on for 10 min and that coil was so hot, after turning the machine off, it actually burned my finger. JJP advised can replace it but they no longer have them (gave the impression they're no longer available). I am by no means electrical engineer but I can de-solder and solder components. Can anyone advise as to a replacement part?

"If it ain't broke, dont fix it"

#12184 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

"If it ain't broke, dont fix it"

Agree but when you turn the game on and within 5 minutes you smell electrical burn and the thing is so hot.......rather fix it then let the board fry to the point where there's no option other then to buy a new board.

#12185 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Agree but when you turn the game on and within 5 minutes you smell electrical burn and the thing is so hot.......rather fix it then let the board fry to the point where there's no option other then to buy a new board.

How old is your game? If that’s one of the original boards, replace the whole thing with their updated board.

My original board fried while sitting in attract mode and it took out the CPU board. Ended up costing me a lot of money.

#12186 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

How old is your game? If that’s one of the original boards, replace the whole thing with their updated board.
My original board fried while sitting in attract mode and it took out the CPU board. Ended up costing me a lot of money.

Yeah in my reading stories like yours that’s my concern. Others have noted same issue.

#12187 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I did reach out to JJP’s Brian Engler,

Barry ?

#12188 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Barry ?

Correct.

#12189 3 years ago

Joined the club last night. Love this game! What a work of art. Has the red smoke mod, and about 7 others that I can't remember, only 25 plays since new. Wife is a fan!

20210219_193055 (resized).jpg20210219_193055 (resized).jpg20210219_200654 (resized).jpg20210219_200654 (resized).jpg
#12190 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Joined the club last night. Love this game! What a work of art. Has the red smoke mod, and about 7 others that I can't remember, only 25 plays since new. Wife is a fan!

Congrats .Great pin lots of family fun

#12191 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah in my reading stories like yours that’s my concern. Others have noted same issue.

If I were you, having gone through what I went through, I’d just buy and install the new board. It was a total PITW (pain in the wallet) and a PITA!

#12192 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

If I were you, having gone through what I went through, I’d just buy and install the new board. It was a total PITW (pain in the wallet) and a PITA!

Thanks for the post. I actually was dealing with JJP on another game and mentioned the issue. I was advised to send the board back to them and they would look at it, evaluate it and see what it needs to fix.

Appears the toroidal transformer used on the boards were the only issue so if it can be replaced then the board should be all set. We'll see what happens!

#12193 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Thanks for the post. I actually was dealing with JJP on another game and mentioned the issue. I was advised to send the board back to them and they would look at it, evaluate it and see what it needs to fix.
Appears the toroidal transformer used on the boards were the only issue so if it can be replaced then the board should be all set. We'll see what happens!

Sweet. I’m sure they’ll do good for ya. They tested my MPU board before declaring it dead, which was nice. Better to know if there’s an easy fix!

Best of luck!

#12194 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Lucky! I have been trying to find a ybr for awhile now. Congrats.

#12195 3 years ago

What does everyone set their flipper strength settings to? Trying to use the best strength without breaking things.

#12196 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

What does everyone set their flipper strength settings to? Trying to use the best strength without breaking things.

It’s really going to depend upon how it performs in your house with your particular set up. I even find myself adjusting settings between winter and summer due to the extra draw on power from the AC. I would just start at default settings, see how it plays and adjust from there. Just a point or two at a time. You won’t break anything, but make sure you have the munchkinland cliffy installed because that playfield can get chipped from airballs.

#12197 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

It’s really going to depend upon how it performs in your house with your particular set up. I even find myself adjusting settings between winter and summer due to the extra draw on power from the AC. I would just start at default settings, see how it plays and adjust from there. Just a point or two at a time. You won’t break anything, but make sure you have the munchkinland cliffy installed because that playfield can get chipped from airballs.

Thanks. It was set at 22 when I got it from the previous owner. What is default? They are great but pretty strong.

#12198 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Thanks. It was set at 22 when I got it from the previous owner. What is default? They are great but pretty strong.

I forget what is default, but if you go into settings and move the value up and down, when it changes color (to green I believe), that is default.

#12199 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I forget what is default, but if you go into settings and move the value up and down, when it changes color (to green I believe), that is default.

Thanks i will try that. Still learning
.. Day 3 of jjp ownership. Really happy though. Such a well built work of art!

#12200 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Mine are slightly below the default setting. I had a lot of airballs at first, and thought it had to do with flipper strenghth, until someone told me to move the rubbers a bit higher which sorted out my problem.

For the flipper strenght, I've set the right one at the minimum to go through the ramp, the left I lowered it at the same level than the right one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/244 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.