BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 305.
#11951 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I have been watching this game and this thread for a long time and now I am considering buying one very soon. A few comments I have seen on other threads about game ranking seem to say there is an unusal failure rate for the WOZ machinery. Is that a general consensus, or just some isolated cases?

Consider getting a YBR, in my experience it doesn't have the problems the other machines had.

#11952 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

I really love the look of the ybr but it is missing the monkey. Has anyone tried making a 75th into ybr? I assume you just could clear coat the wire forms, legs, rails, lockdown, etc. maybe buy a translite and apron if available. I know it does not have the radcals. If anyone has attempted, do you have any pics. Thanks.

If you're going to yellow-up a game do it to a standard not an already beautiful and more expensive RR!

#11953 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Consider getting a YBR, in my experience it doesn't have the problems the other machines had.

I haven’t seen one YBR for sale here. All 75th , std and ecle. Can you still find any NIB?

#11954 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

I haven’t seen one YBR for sale here. All 75th , std and ecle. Can you still find any NIB?

I got my wife a New in Box for christmas from thepinballcompany.com

Quick search found this one. Not sure if its still availble

https://www.stlouispinball.com/the-wizard-of-oz---yellow-brick-road-limited-edition.html

#11955 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Brand new Wizard of Oz LE with less than 100 game plays.Game comes with Pin Stadium lights installed.Making room for new pinball machine.No flaws in game”
2021-01-10
Satellite Beach, FL
11,000 (Firm)
Archived after: 10 days
Viewed: 445 times
Contributed to Pinside

#11956 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I got my wife a New in Box for christmas from thepinballcompany.com
Quick search found this one. Not sure if its still availble
https://www.stlouispinball.com/the-wizard-of-oz---yellow-brick-road-limited-edition.html

Sorry nope, its mine.

#11957 3 years ago

Hey Guys new to the WOZ club! Just scored a amazing deal on a ECLE #618 from Replay Foundation! Should be here in a few days, It currently has light board issues, I dont know how bad, untill it gets here though, What mods would you all sugest? Also I will be doing videos with it on my Youtube channel too! If you want check out my channel and see my collection!

#11958 3 years ago

WOZ mods are endless .Best thing about this pin is the vast options to customize it to your taste .As for the game I hope you have patience .Deep deep code don’t get frustrated take it a step at a time and you will enjoy it like no other .

#11959 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

As a buyer of 3 woz’s, the only recommendation I would make to all buyers is to get one with 2.0.
Many people with 7.5 and older swear they never had problems......until the day they do. It’s a flawed system and it will happen. Sucks.

Yes same, 3rd now.

#11960 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Hey Guys new to the WOZ club! Just scored a amazing deal on a ECLE #618 from Replay Foundation! Should be here in a few days, It currently has light board issues, I dont know how bad, untill it gets here though, What mods would you all sugest? Also I will be doing videos with it on my Youtube channel too! If you want check out my channel and see my collection!

2.0 lighting system upgrade kit should be back in stock at some point. http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Wizard-of-Oz-Parts/WOZ-Lighting-Upgrade-Kit.html
Probably your best investment for a mod. It changes the entire lighting system eliminating your current light board issues. Many threads here on how to troubleshoot your existing light issues though. Just do a quick search and you'll find them all.
Feel free to youtube document that 2.0 light upgrade install if you go that route.
I'll be doing it at some point when it comes back in stock I suppose. I'm not experiencing any light issues as of yet but I don't play my WOZ that often because I'm still trying to bulletproof the playfield against wear.
It's tough for me to comprehend written instructions as my brain has been increasingly malfunctioning as time goes on. So a video or 2 would be helpful.
I hear it's a pretty lengthy install.
r/
Mike

#11961 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

It's tough for me to comprehend written instructions as my brain has been increasingly malfunctioning as time goes on. So a video or 2 would be helpful.
I hear it's a pretty lengthy install.
r/
Mike

I think it would be hard to document the whole thing on video as it is a 12-14 hour process. The written instructions are very good. However, if you do eventually do the upgrade and find yourself not following them or stuck, I’m sure there’s several of us — myself included — who have done it and wouldn’t mind getting on FaceTime or some other app with you to see where you are and guide you through that step the best we can.

#11962 3 years ago

Hey WoZ fans. Announcing the public availability of our Munchkinland Hut Upgrade. This is a highly detailed direct, drop in replacement for your existing huts. Install time is about 10 minutes, depending on how quickly you can remove two screws and two hex posts. Current version includes accent lighting in the 4 "gumdrop" toppers and each of the 3 translucent windows. This includes a 4 button keypad which lets you control brightness, color selection, effect and speed.

In the future we will be offering an upgrade which will add interactivity to the mod. This means that, for example, when you lock a ball one of the windows in the house will sparkle and light up. This will be a direct upgrade that is plug and play.

You can read all about this upgrade here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-upgraded-munchkinland-huts-amp-lock-ball-add-on

You can order on our website at: https://pinballmods.co/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods/munchkinland-upgrade-wizard-of-oz

These are being produced in batches. If the item is in stock on the website you are in the current batch. Otherwise we will be producing one batch every 3-4 weeks as allows with our other WoZ mods coming out next month.

0119212129_HDR (resized).jpg0119212129_HDR (resized).jpg0119212129a_HDR (resized).jpg0119212129a_HDR (resized).jpg
#11963 3 years ago

Does anyone know if door mechanism from YBR edition will fit or compatible with previous woz editions?

#11964 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Does anyone know if door mechanism from YBR edition will fit or compatible with previous woz editions?

If you mean coin door, yes. If you mean upper Playfield Left doors yes. Right monkey door not sure.

#11965 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If you mean coin door, yes. If you mean upper Playfield Left doors yes. Right monkey door not sure.

Sorry I didn’t specify. The upper playfield double doors. Is the mechanism still the same on ybr? Looking to see if I can buy a YBR double door edition if it’s a better design. I’m still having trouble fixing mine two weeks later.

#11966 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Sorry I didn’t specify. The upper playfield double doors. Is the mechanism still the same on ybr? Looking to see if I can buy a YBR double door edition if it’s a better design. I’m still having trouble fixing mine two weeks later.

Looking at the manual they appear to be the same. Hope you get em fixed.

#11967 3 years ago

Except that the double doors use optos so the harnessing is different - door motors are the same but they aren’t compatible

#11968 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Except that the double doors use optos so the harnessing is different - door motors are the same but they aren’t compatible

Oh that's nice. Those switches

#11969 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

It has been re-engineered, its not the same.

#11970 3 years ago

Love this game

0A3A0C3A-BD3F-4432-899E-F4CB62447EF7 (resized).jpeg0A3A0C3A-BD3F-4432-899E-F4CB62447EF7 (resized).jpeg0E01D48E-02C4-4EEC-BFE7-A3608746E92B (resized).jpeg0E01D48E-02C4-4EEC-BFE7-A3608746E92B (resized).jpeg2E8EF585-42E8-4853-9B4E-774D2187ABB6 (resized).jpeg2E8EF585-42E8-4853-9B4E-774D2187ABB6 (resized).jpeg
#11971 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Love this game
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you find these mods? Would love to order some for my YBR. Thanks! Jason

#11972 3 years ago
Quoted from Chooga:

Where did you find these mods? Would love to order some for my YBR. Thanks! Jason

The guards are from a hallmark ornament that you can probably find on eBay..

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/hallmark-ornament-wizard-oz-rescue-496830442

The tree branches are just hot glued on from aquatic plants, which many of us have done.

The OZ lane change sign is made by Lior here on Pinside...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-new-oz-lanes-by-steve-gouveia-amp-lior-rajwan-list-open

#11973 3 years ago

Which tornado mod is that?

#11974 3 years ago
Quoted from mrwierdwrench:

Which tornado mod is that?

Looks like back alley creations.

#11975 3 years ago

Thanks! After years of wanting a Woz, I finally found a ecle in great condition. It's my first "modern" machine, so I know I'll have lots of questions, and will probably ask at least a couple of stupid ones. So flame this Pinside noob, (even though I've owned machines for 40+ years!), when I deserve it. As I get more time on the machine, I plan to make a few tasteful mods, and will need some guidance.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11976 3 years ago

Woz IMO has the most potential for personal touch type mods. I just did the tree leaves and it was fun to bring the haunted forest to life.

#11977 3 years ago
Quoted from mrwierdwrench:

I plan to make a few tasteful mods, and will need some guidance.

Tasteful is so subjective. Something that is tasteful for one person may be tacky for another. Don't worry about it and just do what YOU want to personalize YOUR game. Keep in mind that money spent on mods is usually not recovered when/if selling.

#11978 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

The guards are from a hallmark ornament that you can probably find on eBay..
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/hallmark-ornament-wizard-oz-rescue-496830442
The tree branches are just hot glued on from aquatic plants, which many of us have done.
The OZ lane change sign is made by Lior here on Pinside...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-new-oz-lanes-by-steve-gouveia-amp-lior-rajwan-list-open

Can you zoom out to show the entire game. I really like the ornaments in the back corner but want to see the player view. Thanks

#11979 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can you zoom out to show the entire game. I really like the ornaments in the back corner but want to see the player view. Thanks

That was not my game, I was just responding to help out with the info. BUT, since I have the same characters on my game, I will take a few today and post them up.

#11980 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Tasteful is so subjective. Something that is tasteful for one person may be tacky for another. Don't worry about it and just do what YOU want to personalize YOUR game. Keep in mind that money spent on mods is usually not recovered when/if selling.

I'd agree with the first part whole-heartedly and mostly the second part. The notable exception being Steve Gouveia WOZ mods which I have seen increase the sale-ability and price!

But most mods lose value quickly and may be better removed from the game to be sold separately to recoup more $$. Generally you mod a game because you like imparting a personal touch.

I'm of the less is more club on pinball mods. Mods have to be really nice (like the aforementioned SG mods) and integrate well. I'm not as much of a fan of "stick-on" mods, and some of them even get in the way of game play. But I can appreciate others doing it. It's like cars...I like performance mods that don't overtly mess up the original design!

#11981 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sorry for the delay, but here are pics of some of the mods on my game. First pic is from player perspective and then the rest I took closer if anyone is interested... lol. Its a fun game to mod for sure.

11.jpg11.jpg12.jpg12.jpg22.jpg22.jpg14.jpg14.jpg20.jpg20.jpg15.jpg15.jpg21.jpg21.jpg16.jpg16.jpg19.jpg19.jpg17.jpg17.jpg18.jpg18.jpg23.jpg23.jpg24.jpg24.jpg
#11982 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Sorry for the delay, but here are pics of some of the mods on my game. First pic is from player perspective and then the rest I took closer if anyone is interested... lol. Its a fun game to mod for sure.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great job .I don’t think there’s another game with so many options to make it your own .

#11983 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Great job .I don’t think there’s another game with so many options to make it your own .

Ummm, haven’t seen a TZ? Lol

#11984 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ummm, haven’t seen a TZ? Lol

Actually seen at the pincade but havnt played yet .I’m on that this summer along w TAF

#11985 3 years ago

Having trouble .I had WOZ shut down for a week unplugged .Now I went to turn it on and the trans lights up but nothing else going on .any help would be appreciated thanks

#11986 3 years ago

Never mind it’s up

#11987 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Having trouble .I had WOZ shut down for a week unplugged .Now I went to turn it on and the trans lights up but nothing else going on .any help would be appreciated thanks

Quoted from Kkoss24:

Never mind it’s up

If it doesn't come up, try this.

LTG : )

#11988 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it doesn't come up, try this.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd .It came up on try 3 .I think I’ll change battery tomaro reguardless after watching that for sure .

#11989 3 years ago
Quoted from Chooga:

Hallmark has some of the easiest, already manufactured, mods for the price. Here are some of the ones I did.
The Dorothy Flying Monkey one is my favorite(I got lucky getting this one as it literally tripled in price within weeks of being released). It came out in 2020 as well as the little Emerald City(this one has actually gone down in price since released). I used coated house wire to hang Dorothy and the Winkie Guard. Single wires attached to a nut or post and screwed in to the back of each ornament. The Coroner and the Mayor are the cheapest as a set.
All of them are easy to find on ebay. If you have any questions on any of the ones you see feel free to ask me about sizes and whatnot. I researched the bejeeesus out of each and every one. Just start with Hallmark Wizard of Oz and you're off to see the wizard. Sometimes you can even find a lot of them at once. like this one: ebay.com link: 13 Hallmark wizard of oz ornaments lot

I only have one more to put in and it's going in the back where most people put the emerald city. I chose to put my little city behind the throne room thingy. I had to make a little platform and then painted it green with some gold leaf to mimic the yellow/gold stairs. Not perfect but it works. Had to raise it up about 3/16ths so the ball would easily go under it. Then I just built up mounting tape on the outer wood rail to make it even. All of them are easily removed.
Quality between years of the ornaments and artists differs so really look at them closely and make sure it is what you want.
r/
Mike

20210124_171755 (Large) (resized).jpg20210124_171755 (Large) (resized).jpg20210124_171801 (Large) (resized).jpg20210124_171801 (Large) (resized).jpg20210124_171812 (Large) (resized).jpg20210124_171812 (Large) (resized).jpg20210124_171823 (Large) (resized).jpg20210124_171823 (Large) (resized).jpg
#11990 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Hallmark has some of the easiest, already manufactured, mods for the price. Here are some of the ones I did.
The Dorothy Flying Monkey one is my favorite(I got lucky getting this one as it literally tripled in price within weeks of being released). It came out in 2020 as well as the little Emerald City(this one has actually gone down in price since released). I used coated house wire to hang Dorothy and the Winkie Guard. Single wires attached to a nut or post and screwed in to the back of each ornament. The Coroner and the Mayor are the cheapest as a set.
All of them are easy to find on ebay. If you have any questions on any of the ones you see feel free to ask me about sizes and whatnot. I researched the bejeeesus out of each and every one. Just start with Hallmark Wizard of Oz and you're off to see the wizard. Sometimes you can even find a lot of them at once. like this one: ebay.com link » 13 Hallmark Wizard Of Oz Ornaments Lot
I only have one more to put in and it's going in the back where most people put the emerald city. I chose to put my little city behind the throne room thingy. I had to make a little platform and then painted it green with some gold leaf to mimic the yellow/gold stairs. Not perfect but it works. Had to raise it up about 3/16ths so the ball would easily go under it. Then I just built up mounting tape on the outer wood rail to make it even. All of them are easily removed.
Quality between years of the ornaments and artists differs so really look at them closely and make sure it is what you want.
r/
Mike
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man, looks awesome

#11991 3 years ago

Anyone have a Glinda target sticker for sale or extra? Would like to buy that, not the big bundle. PM if interested thanks

EDIT - I see there is one on a website that’s a two pack. Not bad

#11992 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

EDIT - I see there is one on a website that’s a two pack. Not bad

Have a link? Mine is beat to hell and replacing her is a good idea.

#11994 3 years ago

greetings! my upper castle playfield flipper is sticking real bad. anyone know how I adjust it? thx

#11995 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

greetings! my upper castle playfield flipper is sticking real bad. anyone know how I adjust it? thx

You'll most likely have to remove the upper playfield from the game and rebuild it (if it's an older game with a lot of plays) or figure out what is binding and fix it. Sometimes the screws for the coil stop will come loose and just tightening them back up while adding a drop of blue loctite will fix a sticking flipper. Instructions for removing both of the upper PFs are in the manual you can download directly from the JJP website.

#11996 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11997 3 years ago

EDIT: All testing positions filled. I had a big response to the notice for JJP Tibetan Breeze kit testers and all machine testing slots are already filled. Thanks to all who were willing to jump in!

#11998 3 years ago

New WOZ EC #498 owner here. What is the best Emerald City mod to get and is it worth it?

#11999 3 years ago

Also is there any good flying monkey mods out there? Hoping Mr. gouveia finds it in his heart to do another run of those and the witch as they are bar none the best looking out there imo but I'm sure they are a ton of work. Unfortunately I'm a little late to the party on them.

#12000 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Also is there any good flying monkey mods out there? Hoping Mr. gouveia finds it in his heart to do another run of those and the witch as they are bar none the best looking out there imo but I'm sure they are a ton of work. Unfortunately I'm a little late to the party on them.

His the only Monkey Mod I'm aware of so good luck on that. As for the witch your best bet is to try to get a 1.0 version from someone who is upgrading to 2.0 or if someone buys the 2.0 and decides to sell their game before they get / install it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/240?hl=darkfader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.