20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg
IMG_8924 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 306.
#1101 8 years ago

Just Melted the Witch for the first time!!!
***cough***haditsettofiveballs

Still really awesome!

#1102 8 years ago

Likewise here, melted the witch for the first time the other day with the new code! Had it set for 5 balls but did do it in 3. So much going on in those battles/multi-balls, I need to record the games and play them back in slo-mo to see exactly what was going on.

#1103 8 years ago

Mine was set to 3 balls (yes, the glass was on ) and I did it on the first ball! It was the best ball I ever had and then I drained pretty quick on the next two. Scored just over 2,300,000.

#1104 8 years ago

Nice! Now I have a new goal, melt the witch in 1 ball! Never thought of that goal, I was happy to just get to battle the witch with the old code. Now my 10 year old is jealous, he's the better WOZ player but hasn't been able to melt the witch.

Quoted from txstargazer3:

Mine was set to 3 balls (yes, the glass was on ) and I did it on the first ball! It was the best ball I ever had and then I drained pretty quick on the next two. Scored just over 2,300,000.

#1105 8 years ago

Well txstargazer, you can now sell your WOZ with a clean conscious.

#1106 8 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Well txstargazer, you can now sell your WOZ with a clean conscious.

Believe me, I was determined to do it before it left!

#1107 8 years ago

Believe me, I was determined to do it before it left!

Selling WOZ? Gasp.

#1108 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Selling WOZ? Gasp.

But my Hobbit Smaug Edition ships next week to take its place.

I only have room for two pins, so I keep them a couple years and then rotate them out. I'll be adding a GB LE to sit next to my Hobbit. Two very different games to cover whatever I feel like playing that day. The dynamics of a small collection, I guess.

#1109 8 years ago

Hi all. Just ordered a RR 75th. I'm very excited and can't wait until it arrives.

I have a couple of questions to prepare: First, how many balls does it take, and can I use the balls that come with the game, or are they like the Stern balls that you should throw out immediately?

Second, where is the best place to get the munchkinland edge cliffy protector? I didn't see them at pinballife. How easy is it to install? Drilling holes in a brand new game scares me.

Anyway, thanks! I'll post pics when it arrives.

#1110 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Hi all. Just ordered a RR 75th. I'm very excited and can't wait until it arrives.
I have a couple of questions to prepare: First, how many balls does it take, and can I use the balls that come with the game, or are they like the Stern balls that you should throw out immediately?
Second, where is the best place to get the munchkinland edge cliffy protector? I didn't see them at pinballife. How easy is it to install? Drilling holes in a brand new game scares me.
Anyway, thanks! I'll post pics when it arrives.

Balls that come with are high quality and can/should be used.

Passionforpinball.com is Cliffy's site and where to buy that protector. It's easy to install.

#1111 8 years ago

I put the cliffy on and I don't think I have ever had a ball hit on it.

#1112 8 years ago
Quoted from clg:

You are most definitely wrong...check back where the ramp is.

#1113 8 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Funny. I also have life insurance, but so far it hasn't been worth it. I do wonder what percentage of these things get chipped. You hear about the ones that do but not all of the ones that don't.

Quoted from Pimp77:

Passionforpinball.com is Cliffy's site and where to buy that protector. It's easy to install.

Thanks. For some reason, I didn't think he sold direct. I'll check it out.

#1114 8 years ago

Well, played a bunch of WOZ tonight. My wife said she really loves it and wants one. So it's decided, haha. Once I have the funds, the game is going to be entering out home.

#1115 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You are most definitely wrong...check back where the ramp is.

Yeah not so sure about that mate! I had no cliffy for the first 6 months and then put one on. Nothing when I put it on (and yes I looked as I was covering the whole thing up with steel) and I don't seem to see it getting hit much since then but it coudl have happened. May vary a bit game to game. Mine is setup steep which may make a difference. I like the way the cliffy looks so not really an issue having it on. Game has 2k plus plays on it.

#1116 8 years ago

I'm noticing my Crystal ball acting funny.
It seems to get frozen on an image of the animation toward the end of it.
I Reseated the SD card and the glue looks good on the connector still. Is this just how the ball behaves now since the latest update?
I noticed first on a TOTO outlane drain and Toto stayed on the ball well into the Gameover screen.
Thanks,
Pinball Pat

#1117 8 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I have about 200 plays on my RR and I put a full set of Cliffy's on this weekend. When I got the Munchkinland removed, I could see several very small dings along the bottom edge. Admittedly, I had to look really close, but I can see how it would chew things up over time. Note: The cliffy behind the Winkie Guard was not for the timid! lol

#1118 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I have about 200 plays on my RR and I put a full set of Cliffy's on this weekend. When I got the Munchkinland removed, I could see several very small dings along the bottom edge. Admittedly, I had to look really close, but I can see how it would chew things up over time. Note: The cliffy behind the Winkie Guard was not for the timid! lol

I also put most of my Cliffy's on this weekend (skipped the Winkie Guard for now as it is going to take the longest and I was tired towards the end, I'll get it this weekend). The Munchkin playfield had a couple of spots where I could tell balls had made contact on the back left edge closest to the ramp. Of all the protectors, I think it's the one that is most needed. It's not like TZ where the Power Playfield is so far forward that it isn't likely to get hit. Being back by the ramp edge where you can get an airball from makes it vunerable.

#1119 8 years ago
Quoted from clg:

The Cliffy protector looks great but for cheapskates like me, a 3" x 1" piece of foam rubber weather stripping along that edge also works and can't be seen from the players perspective.

#1120 8 years ago

I am toying with the idea of trading out my original and pristine Twilight Zone for a WoZ. I will post an album of high-res pictures, but the original decals are un-faded and the playfield is fantastic. Let me know if you are interested.

#1121 8 years ago

Hi all. My new WoZ is coming tomorrow. Are there any adjustments that most people find they need to make that I should be on the look out for? Things like sling and flipper power settings and the like?

#1122 8 years ago

For me - Increase lower flippers power, decrease pops.
Congrats!

#1123 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Hi all. My new WoZ is coming tomorrow. Are there any adjustments that most people find they need to make that I should be on the look out for? Things like sling and flipper power settings and the like?

The only thing I had to adjust was the lower switch for the monkey. Basically, he didn't come down far enough to lock on the ball and he would drop it half of the time. Just had to bend the lower switch arm so the monkey came down a hair farther.

#1124 8 years ago

Ok, thanks all. Much appreciated.

#1125 8 years ago

I adjusted VUK for throne room saucer as well as the one for the crystal ball. Trough kicker may need a little more power as well.

#1126 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Keep an eye on the lock arm under the munchkin hut. If you have any problems where it wont release locked balls, it may need to be adjusted/bent slightly. Pretty much just play it and if you see anything weird or have any questions, hit us up.

Congrats.

#1127 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I dialed down the tree bumpers and the state fair bumper just a bit, and also reduced the strength of the castle/winkie VUK so the ball just makes it up and over. (When it was too strong the ball would sometimes squirt through the rails and tumble back down onto the main playfield.) Another one to look at is the strength of the munchkinland flipper. At factory settings mine is strong enough to get two loops per flip, which I assume is the intent of the designers, but if you want to increase difficulty you could reduce the strength so that only one loop is possible per flip.

#1128 8 years ago

Thanks again for the replies. WoZ came today. I've been spending almost all afternoon playing. Loving it! Here are the pictures:

IMG_0675_(resized).JPGIMG_0675_(resized).JPG
IMG_0673_(resized).JPGIMG_0673_(resized).JPG
IMG_0671_(resized).JPGIMG_0671_(resized).JPG
IMG_0670_(resized).JPGIMG_0670_(resized).JPG

#1129 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Thanks again for the replies. WoZ came today. I've been spending almost all afternoon playing. Loving it! Here are the pictures:
IMG_0675_(resized).JPG
IMG_0673_(resized).JPG
IMG_0671_(resized).JPG
IMG_0670_(resized).JPG

Make sure you have the latest software. It's such a unique experience playing this game.

#1130 8 years ago

So, just a few questions:

1. When the winged monkey captures Dorthy, he gets caught by the door on the way up. He always powers through and successfully deposits Dorthy in the castle. But, is there some way to adjust the door to move it slightly forward, or adjust the monkey to move it slightly back. I don't want him to keep getting scraped by the door.

2. The code that came with it is 4.11. I'm thinking about playing on it for a while to get a feel for the game and then updating. Any downside to doing this other than not having the best code? For example, are there major bugs?

3. My plunger seems stiff. It is hard to control the softness of the plunge. Is this normal, or should I adjust somehow?

4. Occasionally, the right sling seems to double fire. I need to check the gap. It could just be slightly too close.

5. Sometimes, right at the start of a game, before I plunge, I'm in witch hurry up mode. That seems wrong. Is it?

#1131 8 years ago

#1) You should be able to loosen the two screws holding the monkey plastic and slide it back a bit so it doesn't hit the door. (There is no adjustment to the door)

#2) Upgrade to 6.06. It isn't too difficult and makes a significant difference.

#3) Not sure. I don't notice the plunger to be unusually stiff but it's so subjective. Check to make sure it's not binding.

#4) Yes, probably gap.

#5) Yes, that is wrong. Go into switch test mode and thump the playfield in front of the witch to see if the witch switches are tripping. Updating the software may help with this. And/or they may need to be adjusted.

#1132 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

1. When the winged monkey captures Dorthy, he gets caught by the door on the way up. He always powers through and successfully deposits Dorthy in the castle. But, is there some way to adjust the door to move it slightly forward, or adjust the monkey to move it slightly back. I don't want him to keep getting scraped by the door.

I don't think you can adjust the door/castle wall there. Maybe try putting some type of spacer behind the bracket that attached the door/castle wall to the back board.

Quoted from Nokoro:

2. The code that came with it is 4.11. I'm thinking about playing on it for a while to get a feel for the game and then updating. Any downside to doing this other than not having the best code? For example, are there major bugs?

Install the new code now. It's worth it, IMO.

Quoted from Nokoro:

3. My plunger seems stiff. It is hard to control the softness of the plunge. Is this normal, or should I adjust somehow?

Shouldn't be stiff. Maybe a teenie tiny bit of silicon lube? Controlling the plunge can still be difficult, at least with my game. That metal ramp starting in the shooting lane can do funny things to the ball making a calculated plunge problematic.

Quoted from Nokoro:

4. Occasionally, the right sling seems to double fire. I need to check the gap. It could just be slightly too close.

It's the gap.

Quoted from Nokoro:

5. Sometimes, right at the start of a game, before I plunge, I'm in witch hurry up mode. That seems wrong. Is it?

Yes, that is wrong. Check the gap on the witch switch. Sounds like the vibrations from the ball ejecting is causing that switch to activate.

#1133 8 years ago

Well there is something wrong with my witch switch. It is not a normal leaf switch. It looks almost like a push button switch on both sides. When the switch is hit, it doesn't always turn off. I can see this in switch test mode where they are both green. If I start a game with both switches hit, I get the witch hurry up right away.

Can anyone tell me how those dual switches are supposed to work? Maybe it is a bad switch?

#1134 8 years ago

There are 2 witch switches so figure out if it's the upper or lower. Then loosen the switch on the underside, adjust and retighten.

#1135 8 years ago

You may have to adjust both

#1136 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

There are 2 witch switches so figure out if it's the upper or lower. Then loosen the switch on the underside, adjust and retighten.

So, I figured out that when I press the switch, it registers. Then, I let it go, and it doesn't press back hard enough against the switch to turn it off. So, it may be both. Can you tell me what you mean by loosening, adjusting and retighting? It looks pretty tight under there, and I'm not entirely sure how this one works or what specifically to adjust. Thanks.

#1137 8 years ago

You'll see 2 micro switches on the underside of the witch . They have a roller attached to them. Push the witch switch as a ball would and observe how it works while looking at the underside. Each of the 2 switches is attached to the mounting plate. You need to loosen the switch where it mounts then you can slide it towards or away from the activating plate. I think it was 2 very small Phillips screws.

#1138 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So, I figured out that when I press the switch, it registers. Then, I let it go, and it doesn't press back hard enough against the switch to turn it off. So, it may be both. Can you tell me what you mean by loosening, adjusting and retighting? It looks pretty tight under there, and I'm not entirely sure how this one works or what specifically to adjust. Thanks.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/89824152@N07/9474484418/in/album-72157634995600921/

Lloyd posted this pic in another thread with a similar problem. It shows the underside of the witch and the nuts to loosen are circled in red (its a very thin red line, so zoom in a bit if you cant see it). Once loose, you can adjust how close/far the switches are, sounds like they need to come back a a little.

Let us know how it works out.

#1139 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

You'll see 2 micro switches on the underside of the witch . They have a roller attached to them. Push the witch switch as a ball would and observe how it works while looking at the underside. Each of the 2 switches is attached to the mounting plate. You need to loosen the switch where it mounts then you can slide it towards or away from the activating plate. I think it was 2 very small Phillips screws.

Quoted from arcadenerd925:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/89824152@N07/9474484418/in/album-72157634995600921/
Lloyd posted this pic in another thread with a similar problem. It shows the underside of the witch and the nuts to loosen are circled in red (its a very thin red line, so zoom in a bit if you cant see it). Once loose, you can adjust how close/far the switches are, sounds like they need to come back a a little.
Let us know how it works out.

You guys rock! That was the exact problem and fix. Thanks for the clear explanation and posting of pictures. It really helped and things are working again. I was hoping there would be an easy adjustment, but I kept looking at the thing and couldn't figure out what it was. You saved me a lot of frustration. Thanks!

#1140 8 years ago

Well . . . now my ruby slipper fell off the flipper bat. I assume this is fixed with just a couple drops of super glue, is that right?

#1141 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Well . . . now my ruby slipper fell off the flipper bat. I assume this is fixed with just a couple drops of super glue, is that right?

Mine fell off as well. Super Glue Gel and put into a vise. So far OK

#1142 8 years ago

I talked with Mr Melvin Anderson of JJP quality control witch switch division. While he is sorry you had witch trouble he suspects someone monkeyed with the witch after it left the factory.

monkey_office_1a_(resized).jpgmonkey_office_1a_(resized).jpg

#1143 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I talked with Mr Melvin Anderson of JJP quality control witch switch division. While he is sorry you had witch trouble he suspects someone monkeyed with the witch after it left the factory.

monkey_office_1a_(resized).jpg

I'm guessing the travel sprites loosened that switch and set it back.

It's so interesting to play a new pin and think that something may be wrong but not be completely sure. As I was playing, I kept noticing a scratchy white noise sound that repeatedly went off. I was wondering if a speaker was malfunctioning. It got to the point that I couldn't stand playing because that was all I could hear. Then, it occurred to me that it almost sounded like straw rustling and that it might be the scarecrow. But, as I watched the game, I didn't hit that rollover enough to make it sound so often. Finally, I took the glass off, and started hitting the ball around on the switches. I noticed that all of my SCARECROW letters were lit without once hitting the rollover. Looked under the playfield and discovered that the leaf switch was gapped so close it was basically touching. Easy fix, but because I wasn't familiar enough with the game, it took a while to figure out what that awful sound was.

#1144 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I'm guessing the travel sprites loosened that switch and set it back.
It's so interesting to play a new pin and think that something may be wrong but not be completely sure. As I was playing, I kept noticing a scratchy white noise sound that repeatedly went off. I was wondering if a speaker was malfunctioning. It got to the point that I couldn't stand playing because that was all I could hear. Then, it occurred to me that it almost sounded like straw rustling and that it might be the scarecrow. But, as I watched the game, I didn't hit that rollover enough to make it sound so often. Finally, I took the glass off, and started hitting the ball around on the switches. I noticed that all of my SCARECROW letters were lit without once hitting the rollover. Looked under the playfield and discovered that the leaf switch was gapped so close it was basically touching. Easy fix, but because I wasn't familiar enough with the game, it took a while to figure out what that awful sound was.

Wow, havent seen that one yet. good catch. Sounds like your making quick work of the little things that popped up.

#1145 8 years ago

Seeing the Valinor thread pop up got me thinking...Which is harder to reach? Valinor or SotR?

#1146 8 years ago

One of my witch switches wasn't working at all and the other only with a direct hit. I keep reading about others melting the witch and I wasn't even getting close which got me to adjust the switches. I still haven't melted the witch but I think I'm starting to piss her off.

Also my WOZ has had a soft close of one castle door since new. Thanks to others posting here I finally got the nerve to remove the upper playfield and fixed it so thanks a lot to all the helpful posters here.

#1147 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Seeing the Valinor thread pop up got me thinking...Which is harder to reach? Valinor or SotR?

I would say SotR. None of the modes needed to complete Valinor are super difficult. It just takes time and a couple of really good balls to get there. SotR, however, has at least one ultra-difficult mode; Rescue Dorothy. I've completed all the modes in WoZ multiple times except Rescue. Only come close once on that one. At least right now, I have doubts I'll ever get that completed.

#1148 8 years ago

So I finally joined the WOZ club. Picked up an almost-new machine (Born Sep 30 2015, sold new here in the UK 2 months ago, only had 50 plays on it). Number 954/1000. Wow, this machine has come a long way since the last one I played a couple of years ago, looking forward to some good games.

Already had to do my first repair though - wire broke off the skill shot target so the other switches in that column stopped working. Even new machines have teething problems

#1149 8 years ago

So, here's my next question: a hard shot to the crystal ball spinner from the right flipper causes the ball to go through the spinner and sometimes bounce back out (again through the spinner) without going to the VUK. I haven't gotten a good look at where it is being rejected. Is this a common problem, and is there a tweak to fix it? (I should note that soft shots and shots from the left flipper while cradling two balls both work ok.)

#1150 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So, here's my next question: a hard shot to the crystal ball spinner from the right flipper causes the ball to go through the flipper and sometimes bounce back out (again through the spinner) without going to the VUK. I haven't gotten a good look at where it is being rejected. Is this a common problem, and is there a tweak to fix it? (I should note that soft shots and shots from the left flipper while cradling two balls both work ok.)

That's how they all work that I've played. It's a tight shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/23?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.